Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bridgfordred79

Default New Championship Manager for 1p.

The new Championship Manager game, due for release in September, has a pay-what-you want function, from as little as 1p.

http://www.championshipmanager.co.uk...ConWebDoc.1088

What a bloody brilliant idea!

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: New Championship Manager for 1p.

Because everybody wants Football Manager instead!

They should do a 'hand in your old CM/FM games' and get the new one for £5 or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Broganator
    The new Championship Manager game, due for release in September, has a pay-what-you want function, from as little as 1p.

http://www.championshipmanager.co.uk...ConWebDoc.1088

What a bloody brilliant idea!
    Your lucky PSR isn't here!

There's a thread in Down The Pub.

Actually you were first by 10 minutes.

Go give Randy hell!

Bridgfordred79

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo
    Actually you were first by 10 minutes.

Go give Randy hell!
    Will do

I've downloaded the demo. They state it's only 'beta' demo, but it's surely too late to make any changes to the game before it goes gold. So, until first patch, this game is shit. Well, almost. But still far, far, far behind FM.

It's too simple, interface still sucks (although not as much as it sucked in previous versions) and the 3D match engine - everyone who has ever complained about FM09's match engine will suddenly realise how complex and reality-like it was and still is, compared to CM10 engine. Watching CM10 in 3D is almost as bad as watching it in Fifa Manager 09. My God, even CM4 wasn't that bad when it comes to bugs in match engine. There are so many things wrong with this game that I can't believe it, considering all the hype surrounding its release. Maybe, just maybe, if you never ever played FM than you will find CM a fine management game. Otherwise - don't bother.

If there won't be any changes to squads before the release (doubtful) - then there is no Gunter, Lynch, Majewski, McKenna, Blackstock, Camp in Forest squad.

CM2010 won't be on my 'must buy' list.

Surely they can't release a 'new' game with completely wrong squads? Comically bad.

Championship Manager is gash. I actually laughed watching that video when the guy said something along the lines of ''you've been fans of ours for 15 years'' ..... well they've only been making it for the last 5, since the original creators split to make FM.

The screen shots look tacky as hell, reminds me of something like LMA manager on a console.

Bridgfordred79

The last decent Champ Man game was in 2003/2004.

I myself have champ man 2002/2003.

As much as I loved the old games, I always tried to like the new games.

But i cant.

The last decent Champ Man game was in 2003/2004.
    I myself have champ man 2002/2003.
    There was no such thing as CM02/03 on PC - only on Xbox... After CM01/02 SI have released CM4 (which covered 02/03 season).

CM03/04 was the last CM developed by SI.

Bridgfordred79

Quote Originally Posted by Klinsi
    There was no such thing as CM02/03 on PC - only on Xbox... After CM01/02 SI have released CM4 (which covered 02/03 season).

CM03/04 was the last CM developed by SI.
    I put Champ Man 02/03 to not confuse people

The free monthly data update is a superb idea.

Bridgfordred79

Quote Originally Posted by BennettGaidenSigma
    But what if Forest sell Earnie in January?

Quote Originally Posted by BennettGaidenSigma
    But whats the point of that? When you start a game you wouldnt want transfers and player stats being changed in the background.... unless you only play short games and restart a new one every couple of weeks with the new data

Championship manager 01/02 is the greatest manager game of all time been downhill since then.

Quote Originally Posted by TrentEndScott-Hanoi Rock!
    Championship manager 01/02 is the greatest manager game of all time been downhill since then.
    Can I just ask is their anything in the world that is positive at the moment or should we all kill ourselves now?

Bridgfordred79

Can I just ask is their anything in the world that is positive at the moment or should we all kill ourselves now?
    Have you ever tried Champ Man 4?

It went downhill from Champ Man 03/04, when the makers of the game spli and went to Football Manager

It went downhill from Champ Man 03/04, when the makers of the game spli and went to Football Manager
    I know I'm just waiting for Scott to say something on any subject that is positive.

Ironically I'm playing on CM01/02 at the moment after downloading it for free.

Updated to current teams, started with Forest got promoted then finished 7th in the Prem. Got sacked after 13 games of new season in 15th place. Went to Queen of the South and got them promoted to top flight first season and got sacked in Jan next year for being 4 points above relegation zone. Went to Lincoln and got them promoted first season into League One via the play offs. Left there after 4 games of the new season because Mansfield offered me a job. Currently in second season with Mansfield after missing the play offs on goal difference last year.

I know I'm just waiting for Scott to say something on any subject that is positive.

Ironically I'm playing on CM01/02 at the moment after downloading it for free.

Updated to current teams, started with Forest got promoted then finished 7th in the Prem. Got sacked after 13 games of new season in 15th place. Went to Queen of the South and got them promoted to top flight first season and got sacked in Jan next year for being 4 points above relegation zone. Went to Lincoln and got them promoted first season into League One via the play offs. Left there after 4 games of the new season because Mansfield offered me a job. Currently in second season with Mansfield after missing the play offs on goal difference last year.
    I'll post positive posts when theres something positive to post about

It was alright but it wasnt as good as 01/02

It's a good idea to get custom back from FM

I would imagine they'll lose a fair bit of money on this edition, but at least they'll sell plenty of copies. For £2.51, even the most hardened FM'er will probably give it a go. It's download only too, so no packaging, dispersion costs etc.

The monthly update won't change your current save. It'll be like a patch downloaded every month that'll keep your database updated. Kinda like what FMWeegie does for free. Cos like, you know, FM has plenty of fans already.

Bridgfordred79

I remember the days when Football Manager were the "2nd rate" manager simulation game.

Oh how times have changed.

I remember the days when Football Manager were the "2nd rate" manager simulation game.

Oh how times have changed.
    I don't think it was ever '2nd Rate'....

FM 05 wasn't great, but it was a damn sight better than CM 5. CM4 was so, so bad that FM was pretty much guaranteed decent sales, but they did come up with something that was more than workable. 06 through to the latest versions have seen FM producing Management Sims that CM can only dream about.

FM Handheld is bobbins, mind.

Bridgfordred79

Quote Originally Posted by northernmonkey MBE
    I don't think it was ever '2nd Rate'....

FM 05 wasn't great, but it was a damn sight better than CM 5. CM4 was so, so bad that FM was pretty much guaranteed decent sales, but they did come up with something that was more than workable. 06 through to the latest versions have seen FM producing Management Sims that CM can only dream about.

FM Handheld is bobbins, mind.
    CM4 was a good game in my opinion.

CM4 was a good game in my opinion.
    Really?

I thought it was awful, really really awful.

I can't remember what they were, but I'm sure that there were some serious issues with that game...I'll try and find 'em.