Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Forest badge

Youth Team

Default New Forest badge

This might be a touchy subject, but isn't it time we had a new Forest badge?

The current one has served us well, and has an iconic place in the history of this great `big` club. But surely now would be a good time to issue a new badge before the current one looks any more out of date?

I for one would love to see a new badge that incorporates some of the legends that represent our club. The current badge seems very out of place now, the 1970's script, the stylised tree and trent all seem a little too `old fanshioned` now.

Wouldn't you like to see something that has some style and class, ala Barcelona, Real Madrid, Deportivo, Juventus...even the new Chelsea badge, Liverpool, Celtic, Marseille, Bayern... the list goes on.

I want to see a badge that truely represents Forest in the 21st Century. Things to include:

The Major Oak - sanctury, strength
    River Trent - it's path drawn from above
    Two Stars - European Cup triumphs 1979, 1980

The crest should be ornate and proud, something that could be shown along side the great badges of world football - something I fear it couldn;t do today!

Please feel free to post your designs thoughts and ideas. Perhaps if their is a great enough demand for this then we can apply the right kind of pressure to get the club to make the changes.

One last thought, how about a couple of rose heads - weren't these Cloughies favourite flowers?

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Ian Storey-Moore

Default Re: New Forest badge

For the want of better words - Dont be fucking stupid!

Our badge is immense. It's simple and easily recognisable.

winnits

I would opt for no change at all, however if we were to change I would prefer to revert to the city coat of arms as we had before the tree.

Although I believe there are copyright issues with this.

Given the culture of 'branding' we are part of, the Forest logo is a massively recognisable and therefore saleable asset so even from a business rather than a sentimental perspective we'd be foolish to discard it.

Wally Ardron

I wouldn't change the current badge for a second. I think it's one of the most recognisable badges there is - not just in England but anywhere. I really don't understand the current trend for changing badges - most of the new ones look really tacky to me and will age much more quickly than those that they have replaced.

Rice IV

I wouldn't change our badge for all the tea in China!

I enjoyed the 'circle' of lettering this season, though.

Talk to me, Goose.

Ian Storey-Moore
    In the hearts and minds of the weak and wounded

Our badge will never ever change. I would say its in the top 10 most recognisable badges in England.

Wally Ardron

the only change we should make is to put this little smiley on top of the tree

13th Duke of Wybourne

only for this
    [img width=200 height=200]http://www.changing-lives.org.uk/nottm_council_house/pics/council_14.jpg[/img]

"Ive only met Andy....last week actually and can confirm he is in 2nd place in sexiest fucker on here stakes." -Barry

Quote Originally Posted by LoveAlfa

The current one has served us well, and has an iconic place in the history of this great `big` club. But surely now would be a good time to issue a new badge before the current one looks any more out of date?

I for one would love to see a new badge that incorporates some of the legends that represent our club. The current badge seems very out of place now, the 1970's script, the stylised tree and trent all seem a little too `old fanshioned` now.

Wouldn't you like to see something that has some style and class, ala Barcelona, Real Madrid, Deportivo, Juventus...even the new Chelsea badge, Liverpool, Celtic, Marseille, Bayern... the list goes on.

I want to see a badge that truely represents Forest in the 21st Century. Things to include:

The crest should be ornate and proud, something that could be shown along side the great badges of world football - something I fear it couldn;t do today!

Please feel free to post your designs thoughts and ideas. Perhaps if their is a great enough demand for this then we can apply the right kind of pressure to get the club to make the changes.

One last thought, how about a couple of rose heads - weren't these Cloughies favourite flowers?
    No to all points... Our badge is better than any you named... They are all dire... Chelsea is horrid

No thanks

Ian Storey-Moore

We have all those things on the badge we have now!

Scandalous and Shameless

No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No

Ian Storey-Moore

Can't help but wonder if this was posted as a piss take by someone knowing full well that everyone on the forum would disagree.

Matchday Squad

Are you having a giraffe! Not a chance in hell mate that this will happen. Our badge is one of the best in the world, how can it be out of date! It represents Nottingham Forest unlike say for example Birmingham City who have two worlds on thier badge!

Nigel Clough

The current badge is magnificent and always will be

/thread

Rice 34

I love our badge me, very much! But can see where the OP is coming from, but still have to disagree.

Zycomm Two Way Radio

No wonder my post count..

Not.
    a.
    chance.

MOTHERFUCKINGDEXTERBLOODYBLACKSTOCKOHMYFUCKINGGODY ESGETINYOUMOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FUCKINGHAVESOMEOFTHATYOUCUNTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matchday Squad

Keep the current badge although I liked the old one best

Viv Anderson

I, for one, am looking forward to the new designs

Matchday Squad

yeah we could have a tree to symbolise the Oak , then lines underneath it to symbolise the river and the 2 stars to symobolise the European Cups, hang on a minute this sounds familier

oopsy daisy!

Nigel Clough

nice

Matchday Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Winnits
    however if we were to change I would prefer to revert to the city coat of arms as we had before the tree.

It wasn't actually the City Coat of Arms, we had no castle on our badge

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/449...orestbadge.jpg

I had a mate who made the same mistake, got the coats of arms tattoed on his arm thinking it looked brilliant and it was a good tattoo but then I showed him our old badge and to say he was slightly miffed would be an understatement

Ian Storey-Moore

Ian Storey-Moore

But everyone else is doing it, our current badge is outdated on one side and everyone knows that these days a badge should have no gaps around the corners. The increase the potential of a badge we must not be left behind by other clubs, so we need a bigger, more modern badge which could possibly be used in any potential world cup bid.