Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: County Derby Fan Comments Part 1

Wally Ardron

Default County Derby Fan Comments Part 1

Minor fixture. Little importance. Nothing to see here.
    We're resilience in the flesh; We've never settled for second best; Just walk these streets, youíll feel the pride; Itís in our DNA.

I currently have no interest in this at all in fact we should tell them we may not turn up, if it was a midweek fixture it would have been cancelled already as the schools wonít allow the kids the time off to play.

6 minutes in applause for a young lad that passed away aged 6.

Should put all matters aside to support this gesture.
    Was going to share this as well, the family of the young lad are friends of my partner's family.
    I appreciate emotions are running high at the minute and will be even more so on Saturday with barbs about our current situation no doubt coming out way from the forest fans but would implore all rams going to the game to respect this and to even join in if possible.
    Forest threats are Johnson's pace which up against Foz and Davies is a little frightening to say the least, so maybe leave Festy on the left and try and force him and Spence into their own half more?
    Davis looks like a bit of a beast, so could be a test for Byrne/Stearman.
    Got to be tough to be beat for 60mins, then bring on Colin? Or start with him, but not have much by way of threat off the bench?
    Selection wise is a "who is still at the club" isn't it?

Look on the bright side. Win this and even if we get liquidated we get to keep the Brian Clough Trophy for ever!

Strange for one of the biggest matches of most seasons to be overshadowed in such a way, the bigger picture understandably takes priority.
    I suspect the atmosphere will be more fiery than normal with plenty of their fans keen to rub salt in.
    There are actually plenty of normal people who will be at the game who follow forest who will know how close they are to serious trouble and be aware of how their club have been masking costs although there will be plenty who will be thinking they will be promoted due to winning a few more points than a side with pensionable footballers and under 21s

Wouldnít it be powerful if the Forest supporters club spoke out in support of Derbyís situation ahead of the game on Saturday. See it happening? No chance.
    Most of the knuckle draggers are to dumb to get it..they think liquidation is a new Japanese beer.
    ē
    If we can beat the Gumps, Reading lose at home Huddersfield it only 5 points to safety.

It is quite interesting seeing Forest fans all over twitter literally desperate for us to sell players before this game.
    Nothing is expected from us and all the pressure will be on them to win.
    Pathetic, isn't it? They've only got 45 players to choose from, several new signings and in a good vein of form, yet they still need more advantages to feel confident.
    Never known a flakier set of fans. If what's happening to us was happening to them, the City Ground would be half-empty. Of course, they have their dedicated hardcore, but the fact that, prior to the pandemic, there's only been one season this century where their average attendance has exceeded ours (and 9 where ours exceeded theirs by more than 5,000) shows how deluded their constant criticism of our support is.
    A win would be massive on Saturday , EFL have decreed that If we win the Brian Clough trophy , we`ll have to take it straight to Cash Converters after the match COYRs

Is it just me who is finding it hard to care about this game right now? 😞 Never thought I'd be saying that about a Forest vs Derby game. Just hope everyone in the ground keeps their cool and doesn't do anything to tarnish the image of the club atm. The result will be what it is, if we get anything other than a defeat then we can hold our heads high.
    Unfortunately, Cooper's got them on a run so I think they'll edge an entertaining game but we've got as good a chance as any for a while of taking that trophy back home with us.

I'm completely opposite. Given our situation at the moment, plus our recent form, us clearly proving many wrong on the pitch and the constant goading I've had off the gumps all day at work, I'm well up for this. I had thought in previous years leading up to now it's had less and less importance, but this time it feels different. Plus as others have said a chance to get 5 points from safety.
    I know some of the posts above will upset a number of you, but IMO there is some top football banter within it. I like my football tribalism to be amusing rather than face to face confrontational. Bring back @eezetigger.
    @Red_Dawnhope you are not too unhappy this weekend. Whatever happens your first team will still be well clear at the top of the Greek league.

Game day ! Come on Derby ,win this , and i can handle us playing the next 5 seasons in the Uzbekistan 3rd tier , narrow 3-2 away win , Kaz hat trick , COYRs
    I actually think the fake £5 if theyíve done is quite funny for them

Iím usually quite laid back about this rivalry, but some of the comments Iíve seen from Forest fans this week have really pissed me off. I hope we ducking smash them today.
    I only watched the League 1 playoffs when there was a chance of watching Forest losing one!
    Their fans basically saying they would like to see us drop down a few divisions is hardly shocking to me.
    People maybe being a bit too sensitive at times. Most of their fans wouldn't really welcome the void our total disappearance would leave but I can't deny them a bit of gloating at the pickle we are in.
    Hopefully keep the team largely the same and scrapping a point...would be lovely. Followed by Rooney nailing his colours to the mast and more positive news about a buyer....be a great Saturday.
    I am usually feeling nervous about this game but for some reason I feel we can do it and get all 3 points. There is some work hardened steel in our men that I have never seen before, ever. That and a fair wind from the gods could be enough. It would rattle the EFL good and proper. Theyííll be arguing amongst themselves when best to hit us again, this season or next. Anything that goads the EFL and makes their lives difficult gives me some bitter satisfaction.

Since when as hair colour been classed as a race?

It's all a matter of degree. Picking on someone for their hair colour is not racism whatever you say about genetics.

Itís just zenophobic. How in any logical world can it be ok to abuse someone for the colour of their hair but the skins off limits?

Do red-haired people identify as a race? It is a genetic trait like baldness or short-sightedness.

No matter the result itís important to remember Forest fans have genuinely spent real money to buy fake £5 notes for a shite joke that literally no one will laugh at

Fake, just like their fans

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior doom Monger

Default Re: County Derby Fan Comments Part 1

I roared with laughter at the fake £5 notes.

Gaff Lad

Attendances eh? PP has been half empty all season. The cameras don't lie. Just over 12,000 against QPR.

Even when we were rock bottom under Hughton we were getting double what they were. Deluded ers

Last edited by rockabilly; 23-01-22 at 14:07.

13th Duke of Wybourne

There is some work hardened steel in our men that I have never seen before, ever
    Yeah, and like all work hardened metal, really fucking brittle.

No matter the result itís important to remember Forest fans have genuinely spent real money to buy fake £5 notes for a shite joke that literally no one will laugh at
    Well I know at least 28,000 people who thought it was fucking hilarious

"Ive only met Andy....last week actually and can confirm he is in 2nd place in sexiest fucker on here stakes." -Barry

Senior doom Monger

I m not going to make any further comments on any of the Direby fans' scrapes.
    They are simply not worth reading.
    Worst team we have played this season, and last season as well.
    Our Pokemon cards were supreme!

Matchday Squad
    New ollerton and trust me, it's no better than the old one

Quote Originally Posted by eezzeetiger View Post
    There are actually plenty of normal people who will be at the game who follow forest who will know how close they are to serious trouble and be aware of how their club have been masking costs although there will be plenty who will be thinking they will be promoted due to winning a few more points than a side with pensionable footballers and under 21s
    This is next level delusion

COYR

Originally Posted by Carnero https://bit.ly/2LVWO8R
    Don't know how anyone can look at that squad and say "Forest will definitely be up there" like I've read from some on here!

10th at best.

Gaff Lad

Quote Originally Posted by ShakeyRed View Post
    This is next level delusion
    Oh aye.

Viv Anderson

I think the fake fivers were slightly more amusing than the plane that their fans actually paid real money for a few years back to fly over the CG

Twats

Gaff Lad

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Yates View Post
    I think the fake fivers were slightly more amusing than the plane that their fans actually paid real money for a few years back to fly over the CG

Twats
    Oh aye... how they could now do with the money it cost to do that clever stunt.

First Team

Spotted this one:

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/39093-play...omment=2275631

"Bonus star for Roos' maturity and calmness at final whistle dragging Sibley away from curly wurly"

First Team

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/38153-refe...omment=2275118

They are also having a moan that Grabban only got booked.

Liam Thompson is 5'2, so it wasn't that high a boot really. It just looked higher because he's a titch.