Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RIP Meat Loaf

Ian Storey-Moore

Default Re: RIP Meat Loaf

Quote Originally Posted by GOBIAS View Post
    Bat out of hell 2 released 1993 just as we became good again.
    Not quite. I bought it on the awayday at Barnsley. We were bloody awful and played like a second rate Wimbledon. We were yet to find our mojo after relegation.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Masuka View Post
    as someone too young to listen to meat loaf in their prime I only really knew of bat out of hell but spoke to my mum tonight who told me to listen to Paradise by the dashboard light and wow what an amazing song RIP
    If you like that, give Jim Steinman's 'Dance In My Pants' a listen. Shame that Meat never got around to recording it as he did most of the tracks on Jim's Bad for Good album. Another one that I would have liked to have heard him record was Bonnie's 'Faster Than the Speed of Night'.

I'm doing "Meat a day" until I get bored coz artists like him and Steinman deserve it.

First up, one of the greatest love songs ever, Thi Took Wods Out mi Gob Duck. A bit special for me this one, reminds me of my first puppy love as a 15 year old when every snog felt explosive and every grope electrifying. The whole song is fucking class, but I especially love that double-verse in the middle around the 3 min mark. What fucking mint lyrics too............

While you were licking your lips and your lipstick shining
    I was dying just to ask for a taste
    Oh we were lying together in a silver lining
    By the the light of the moon
    You know there's not another moment to waste

Obviously it's heavily inspired by another fave song of mine, The Ronettes - Be My Baby, with that bass drum beat ripped straight from it. Another fantastic tune.

oopsy daisy!

as someone too young to listen to meat loaf in their prime I only really knew of bat out of hell but spoke to my mum tonight who told me to listen to Paradise by the dashboard light and wow what an amazing song RIP

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Forestjones View Post
    Not quite. I bought it on the awayday at Barnsley. We were bloody awful and played like a second rate Wimbledon. We were yet to find our mojo after relegation.
    Don’t piss on my post

It was a terrible start to the season, I think we languished 17th at one point. But the form post bat out of hell 2 must have been pretty immense!

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by GOBIAS View Post
    Don’t piss on my post

It was a terrible start to the season, I think we languished 17th at one point. But the form post bat out of hell 2 must have been pretty immense!
    I think we were 17th after an awful 3-1 midweek home defeat by Millwall. Three days later, Bohinen made his debut as we won 3-0 at Brum and never looked back.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    I fucking love his interplay with his female co-singers. Just brilliant.

For any fans of his Maetloaf are an awesome tribute band who throw in a shed load of British humour to the show too ("On a Hot Summer Night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses?"........."Well, I'd sooner have a shag" etc.)

Highly recommended..

https://www.ents24.com/uk/tour-dates...erland-express

Oh and Steve Steinman's had a bit of artwork done on his back yard recently too........

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Forestjones View Post
    I think we were 17th after an awful 3-1 midweek home defeat by Millwall. Three days later, Bohinen made his debut as we won 3-0 at Brum and never looked back.
    I think that season October onwards is one of my favourites. I started watching in 1987 and we probably had better teams in my time before but I’d started going week in week out by then and it was just immense.

Going for a bit of "Nowhere Fast" today. Love the song but also love the video for it too, tons of cheesyness (esp the bit where the bass players bass guitar turs into a gun. Awesome)

Bob Kulick gets a nice bit of spotlight, it's surprising how many guitar players have never heard of him despite him playing with Meatloaf, KISS, Lou Reed and WASP. RIP Bob (Thankfully his son Bruce, who has also done work with Meatloaf and of course KISS, is still ticking and recently played on Ace Frehley's album)

Ironically Meat spends a lot of time seeing flashes of his own funeral bless him. RIP.

Obviously as anyone can tell from the sound & songwriting style, it's one of Stienman's, and he also had Fire Inc. record a tweaked version for the film Streets of Fire (which of course is one of the inspirations behind the Streets of Rage and Final Fight games).

Diane Lane performs for the vid, but Laurie Sargent is the one singing.

I started swearing to my god and on my mother's grave
    That I would love you to the end of time
    I swore that I would love you to the end of time!
    So now I'm praying for the end of time
    To hurry up and arrive
    'Cause if I gotta spend another minute with you
    I don't think that I can really survive

Funniest lyrics ever.

Viv Anderson

The Queen's guard did a rendition of "I would do any thing for love (but I won't do that)" in honour of Meat and it was glorious.

https://www.facebook.com/jaywoo23/vi...5882831688554/

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Wally Ardron

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-engelos Mindminackers View Post
    I'm doing "Meat a day" until I get bored coz artists like him and Steinman deserve it.

First up, one of the greatest love songs ever, Thi Took Wods Out mi Gob Duck. A bit special for me this one, reminds me of my first puppy love as a 15 year old when every snog felt explosive and every grope electrifying. The whole song is fucking class, but I especially love that double-verse in the middle around the 3 min mark. What fucking mint lyrics too............

While you were licking your lips and your lipstick shining
    I was dying just to ask for a taste
    Oh we were lying together in a silver lining
    By the the light of the moon
    You know there's not another moment to waste

Obviously it's heavily inspired by another fave song of mine, The Ronettes - Be My Baby, with that bass drum beat ripped straight from it. Another fantastic tune.

Bittersweet memories of that song - got dumped by the love of my life and she gave me that to listen to, wouldn't have been too bad but i was out my head on acid which led to a real downer lol
    Fortunately a certain young lady took it upon herself to make sure i was ok "coming down" and, well to cut a long story short - 25th wedding anniversary in a few months time

Quote Originally Posted by ozthecoz View Post
    Bittersweet memories of that song - got dumped by the love of my life and she gave me that to listen to, wouldn't have been too bad but i was out my head on acid which led to a real downer lol
    Fortunately a certain young lady took it upon herself to make sure i was ok "coming down" and, well to cut a long story short - 25th wedding anniversary in a few months time
    I'd say that's pretty sweet

From Bat Out of Hell 2, one of Loaf's more serious and darker songs. Still flirts with the love theme at the end, but it's more about what drives people to rebel in the first place.

Some great lyrics which are played straight as arrows......

And when the sun descended and the night arose
    I heard my father cursing everyone he knows
    He was dangerous and drunk and defeated, and corroded by failure and envy and hate
    There were endless winters and the dreams would freeze
    No where to hide and no leaves on the trees
    And my father's eyes were blank as he hit me again and again and again
    I know I still believe he'd never let me leave, I had to run away alone
    So many threats and fears, so many wasted years
    Before my life became my own
    And though the nightmares should be over
    Some of the terrors are still intact
    I'll hear that ugly, coarse, and violent voice
    And then he grabs me from behind, and then he pulls me back

According to Steinman, it was the last song written for the album and "gruesomely hard to write." He wrote on his website: "It's a very passionate song. It's really, I think maybe, the most passionate one on the record. I mean, I'm really proud of it because that's really one that goes over-the-top in the sense that it's got images - it has religious imagery of resurrection, it's got images of fertility and rebirth, it has really very good sexual images, images of cars - which I always like."