Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

View Poll Results: Who goes through to the 4th Round?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Forest, the spirit of Eric Lichaj lives on.

4 22.22%
  • Arsenal, under(red)dogs tamed.

6 33.33%
  • Draw, errr, do they still do replays??

2 11.11%
  • Onside, Brian Rice!

6 33.33%
Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: FA Cup 3rd Round: Nottingham Forest/Forest Reserves vs Arsenhole/Arsenhole Reserves

Hybrid View

First Team

Default FA Cup 3rd Round: Nottingham Forest/Forest Reserves vs Arsenhole/Arsenhole Reserves

[Covid permitting]

I'm going to this one, and it's my first live match in three years (bloody fair-weather fan), so time to warm up the vocal chords...

..."Same old Arse-nal, al-ways cheat-ing!"

Anyway...

Who:

Nottingham Forest vs Arsenal

What:

The FA Cup in the 3rd round of what was the greatest domestic club football knockout competition 'til those wankers at Sky ruined it.

Where:

The world famous City Ground.

When:

Sunday 9th January @ 17:10, get it in yer diaries.

Why:

Two balls with Forest and Arsenal's numbers were picked out of a bag by a man who is named after something that also comes from a ball bag, David Seaman, and by Faye White respectively. This method of drawing teams to play each other is usually how it works, but there is still plenty of time for those wankers at Sky to ruin it.

COYR!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Jack Armstrong

Default Re: FA Cup 3rd Round: Nottingham Forest/Forest Reserves vs Arsenhole/Arsenhole Reserv

Hovarth
    Back Cook Figgy Bong
    Fornah Ojeda
    Lolley? Carvalho Silva
    Davis

Lose 0-4. Nobody cares.

30/09/2021: It's only 8 points to the play-offs. Doesn't matter if we're 20th having lost three times as many games as we've won so far. I fancy us now that Hughton's gone.

First Team

Default Re: FA Cup 3rd Round: Nottingham Forest/Forest Reserves vs Arsenhole/Arsenhole Reserv

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post

Hovarth
    Back Cook Figgy Bong
    Fornah Ojeda
    Lolley? Carvalho Silva
    Davis

Lose 0-4. Nobody cares.
    And yet, you posted

Jack Armstrong

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer Jack View Post
    And yet, you posted
    Nobody cares about losing*

(Apart from a handful of boomers who expect us to match Arsenal and treat the cup seriously despite us having no chance of doing well in it)

Nigel Clough

(Apart from a handful of boomers who expect us to match Arsenal and treat the cup seriously despite us having no chance of doing well in it)

Youth Team

Hovarth
    Back Cook Figgy Bong
    Fornah Ojeda
    Lolley? Carvalho Silva
    Davis

Lose 0-4. Nobody cares.
    I think you might be eating your own words now!!

Steve Cooper says he cares about every match!!

Jack Armstrong

Quote Originally Posted by Baz230 View Post
    I think you might be eating your own words now!!

Steve Cooper says he cares about every match!!
    As Tiff said the other day: "On the money".

Senior doom Monger

Absolutely impossible to forecast the outcome of this one because so much rides on whether either coach takes it sufficiently seriously to pick their best side.
    Me and the Mrs will be in our thermals, taking our seats and just enjoying being there, whatever the outcome.
    I hope our new signings feature!

Senior doom Monger

Let's be honest: we all care deeply.
    1 It is NFFC;
    2 It is at the WFCG;
    3 It is the world's oldest knock out cup competition.
    4 We have a great coach, some brilliant signings to join a wonderful squad.
    5 Win 4-2

Wally Ardron

I'm going, taking all the family as they want to see Arsenal. I've tried telling them it'll be two reserve sides but as usual no-one listens to me.

Lose three one.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by football post View Post
    I'm going, taking all the family as they want to see Arsenal. I've tried telling them it'll be two reserve sides but as usual no-one listens to me.

Lose three one.
    Nailed on they will be playing a lot of fringe players due to first teamers going to afcon and also that they probably don't need to play their first team to win anyway.

The likes of Charlie Patino, that lad who is off to Boro who was linked with us, will probably be involved.

Given the injuries we do have, which won't shift as quickly as those who do have covid, we might not have much opportunity to mix it up either.

I notice Shelvey has been recalled from Mansfield, not sure if this is coincidence with a shortness of numbers in the keeping department, or if they've recalled him to send him off somewhere else for the rest of the season.

Ale ape.

Quote Originally Posted by Statto View Post
    I notice Shelvey has been recalled from Mansfield, not sure if this is coincidence with a shortness of numbers in the keeping department, or if they've recalled him to send him off somewhere else for the rest of the season.
    Has he played much for Mansfield? I think he's only appeared in the League Trophy games?

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by congo_red View Post
    Has he played much for Mansfield? I think he's only appeared in the League Trophy games?
    Probably another reason why. I know he's young but you loan a player out for them to get experience. Being in a squad for them and not playing isn't any benefit to him, he might as well be playing in the 23s here.

Ale ape.

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer Jack View Post
    Why:

Two balls with Forest and Arsenal's numbers were picked out of a bag by a man who is named after something that also comes from a ball bag, David Seaman, and by Faye White respectively. This method of drawing teams to play each other is usually how it works, but there is still plenty of time for those wankers at Sky to ruin it.
    congo_red appreciates this level of analysis.

Nigel Clough

On ITV before anyone asks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by RealRed85 View Post
    On ITV before anyone asks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Roy Keane is in the studio with Mark Pougatch and Ian Wright if anyone is interested!

Matchday Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Tnewton_1988 View Post
    Roy Keane is in the studio with Mark Pougatch and Ian Wright if anyone is interested!
    It'll be good to see Roy commenting on us instead of Man Utd. Can't remember the last time we were on ITV. I'm used to us getting Z list football pundits alongside Prutton on Sky.

Last edited by shearstone; 07-01-22 at 20:32.

Ale ape.

In all seriousness, every matchday poll probably needs a 'Postponed due to Covid' option at the moment.

Viv Anderson

In all seriousness, every matchday poll probably needs a 'Postponed due to Covid' option at the moment.
    Sounds as though the FA Cup has different rules to the league, they expect every fixture to be fulfilled even if it's the kids playing (suppose that's what Derby had to do last season).

Ale ape.

Quote Originally Posted by Heffing Psycho! View Post
    Sounds as though the FA Cup has different rules to the league, they expect every fixture to be fulfilled even if it's the kids playing (suppose that's what Derby had to do last season).
    Interesting. I was not aware of this.

Viv Anderson

Interesting. I was not aware of this.
    Only saw it this afternoon and it specifies Premier League clubs but anyway: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sp...s-weekend.html

Wally Ardron

Only saw it this afternoon and it specifies Premier League clubs but anyway: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sp...s-weekend.html
    It could be the season the cup final is played between 2 second division sides, most premier league under 21 teams are beaten by 3rd & 4th division teams in that EFL trophy Micky mouse completion.

First Team

If our academy lads all have the bat lurgy as well then that could be interesting...

Viv Anderson

I doubt there is enough spaces in the calendar anyway

Gaff Lad

What a win that was.