Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

View Poll Results: Who goes through to the 4th Round?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Forest, the spirit of Eric Lichaj lives on.

4 22.22%
  • Arsenal, under(red)dogs tamed.

6 33.33%
  • Draw, errr, do they still do replays??

2 11.11%
  • Onside, Brian Rice!

6 33.33%
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Thread: FA Cup 3rd Round: Nottingham Forest/Forest Reserves vs Arsenhole/Arsenhole Reserves

Wally Ardron

Default Re: FA Cup 3rd Round: Nottingham Forest/Forest Reserves vs Arsenhole/Arsenhole Reserv

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Furtull View Post
    For a kid in his first full season I think that's definitely harsh.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
    And that's why I prefaced it with being hyper critical. A better team would have punished us for passing up such good opportunities.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior doom Monger

Default Re: FA Cup 3rd Round: Nottingham Forest/Forest Reserves vs Arsenhole/Arsenhole Reserv

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    Watch this space... it will appear in a bit.
    Here it is, sportsfans (I love that bell!!!)

Nottingham Forest v Arsenal (FA Cup Round 3)

Apologies to all of my fans for the late posting of my match report.
    At the TV dictated kick-off time of 17:10, 25,000 supporters (did they not include the away fans in the count?) assembled at the World Famous City Ground to see if Forest could repeat the 2018 performance, when the rampant Reds ravaged the timorous Arsenal and inflicted the only 3rd round defeat Arsene Wenger experienced in 25 years as Arsenal manager. Arsenal, in Virgin White, played like virgins, and over the course of the 90 minutes that followed the referee’s whistle to commence proceedings only 1 shot on target was achieved by one of their Premiership privileged personnel, and that brought a flying save from his own keeper to prevent what would have been the most spectacular 25-yard own goal of the current decade.

Both sides had suffered COVID and injury set-backs in the run up to this match, however both teams managed to field decent starting XI’s (on paper at least if you were an Arsenal fan). Forest were bolstered with new signing Steve Cook in the heart of the defence, and another new boy in the form of big target man, Keinan Davis, who led the attack with a physical and skilful presence that belied his lack of game time prior to today’s game.

The spectacularly bad back pass by ex-pop-chart topper, Tavares, was the only effort on target in the first 45, during which Arsenal played at a lethargic pace, while Forest kept a disciplined defensive pattern, and looked to break at pace, with Davis holding up clearances in a way not seen by Forest fans since the days of Darryl Murphy, and Djed Spence and Brennan Johnson, prompted by some neat skills from Zinckernagel and Garner, providing the searing pace down the Forest right wing.

Poor old Tavares’ afternoon didn’t get any better after that 10th minute attempt, and he was subbed off by Ar-tet-e-tet-e-tet-e, a decision that Tavares reacted to literally like a baby throwing his toys out of the pram. (For toys, read gloves). Arsenal’s Premiershit prima-donnas conned the biased premiershit referee at every opportunity, falling, pole-axed to the ground if breathed upon by a Forest player, and the ref was clearly in the hunt for New Year bargains, buying at every opportunity. The sneaky trips by those prima donnas, stopping Forest’s fleet-footed heroes whenever danger threatened went largely unpunished by said bargain-hunting berk in black. The half closed a little bit quietly at 0-0, with Forest clearly the happier of the 2 teams.

Whatever Cooperman says at half-time, or puts in the squad’s orange juice, it certainly gives the players a boost, and from simply containing the Arsenal first-half efforts (with ease, it has to be said), Forest took the 2nd half by the scruff of the neck an played a more attacking and confident game. A great run and cross by Johnson gave Zinckernagel a chance from the right side edge of the 6-yard box, Zinck’s effort bringing a decent save from Leno. Then following a clattering of Yates by the frustrated Marinello, Garner hit a blistering 25 yard free-kick over the wall. Leno produced another fine, flying save to prevent the ball from kissing the net in the top left hand corner. The ball bounced down, and just as Colback was about to bring it under control inside the box, he was floored from behind, the biased ref simply didn’t believe that a player of the beautiful game in an Arsenal shirt could commit such an atrocity, and yet another of the season’s growing catalogue of bolt on Forest penalties was not given.

Grabban replaced the tiring Davis, who received a standing ovation from the delirious fans (well, I stood up and clapped), and Grabbs had an immediate impact winning a corner on the right as he insinuated himself into the Arsenal penalty area. His impact was even more profound when in the 82 minute, he raced through the middle, while Ryan Yates strode down the right wing (fed by Johnson), to send an inch perfect low cross, twixt line of defenders and goalkeeper. Grabban slid, right leg extended and hit met the ball perfectly with his right foot to sore the only goal of the game, and to send the 4,500 Gooners back down t’Smoke, crying into their flat white lattes.

Player Ratings:

Samba: 8 – to say he had narry a shot to save, he was commanding and his distribution was excellent (maybe having a proper target man is a good idea!).

Worrall: 8 – let’s get the alleged penalty incident put to bed: if White was being dragged back by a shirt pull, how com he dived forwards? I risky tug in the box, but never a penalty. After all White, £50m, has never scored for Arsenal… and on today’s showing he never will.

Cook: 9 – Not a flash player, but he marshalled that defence like he owned it. He won every aerial duel, and his distribution was executed speedily and accurately… more accurate than some of my typing!

McKenna:8 – another no-frills, solid performance with the occasional thrusting run through midfield to set up another forest attack.

Spence: 10 – I don’t give ‘em often, but that lad was absolutely red-hot both going forward and in defence. He was tripped in full flight half a dozen times, made Marinelli look like a pedestrian, and yet got booked for the one time he tripped their winger… dreadful refereeing.

Yates: 8 – tackled like a man possessed, moved the ball forwards with intent and produced one of the most devastating crosses you could wish to see.

Garner: 9 – he showed the Arsenal youngsters how potential can be turned into real achievement.

Colback: 8 – I hope he remembers to take Sakka out of his back pocket now the game is over… a consummate professional performance by our resident red-head.

Johnson: 8 – turned on the turbo and the afterburner to create merry hell and carnage among the Arsenal defence.

Zinckernagel: 8 – how come neither the ref, the 2 linos and the 4th official failed to see the vicious elbow to Zinck’s throat midway through the 2nd half? It was a shocker – straight red every day of the week. And the TV cameras were looking the other way too, so the perpetrator (Holding or White?) is unlikely to get a retrospective red either.

Davis: 8 – endeared himself to the fans immediately by picking a fight with White over a throw in, but on a more positive note, he provided something we have been missing for years now: a real physical presence upfront, who can hold up the ball, and is also neat and tidy with his feet.

Subs:

Cafu (on for Zinckernagel): 8 – put himself about an put Grabban in after we had scored the first.

Grabban (on for Davis): 8 – Had an immediate effect, and exploited the sluggish Arsenal centre-backs mercilessly.

Where's me hammer?

If there is a corridor of uncertainty in football Yates found it with that cross last night.

Impressive member

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    If there is a corridor of uncertainty in football Yates found it with that cross last night.
    Instead of the tunnel, Arsenal fans emerged onto the pitch from the corridor of uncertainty.

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

Ale ape.

Quote Originally Posted by Cortez the Killer View Post
    Instead of the tunnel, Arsenal fans emerged onto the pitch from the corridor of uncertainty.

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk
    It looked more like the corridor of mediocrity to me.

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    Unpopular opinion: Mini pitch invasion was tinpotish.
    Yep... But, I'll say in a weak defence of a fairly inexcusable action. You could tell that it was pure elation from the few that made it on the pitch. They dispersed pretty quickly after as well

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Senior doom Monger

Quote Originally Posted by Mr RayReardon View Post
    Yep... But, I'll say in a weak defence of a fairly inexcusable action. You could tell that it was pure elation from the few that made it on the pitch. They dispersed pretty quickly after as well

Totally inexcusable action that has no defence whatsoever.
    >20,000 Forest fans were elated.
    What gives a moronic few the right to go onto the pitch?
    Stewards need equipping with a proper deterrant.
    I know hat Strummer would advocate.

[QUOTE=Captain Sinister;3480636]The spectacularly bad back pass by ex-pop-chart topper, Tavares, was the only effort on target in the first 45/QUOTE]

Promise, I read the whole thing, but confess to still chuckling at this highlight ... pretty sure that was SOMEONE'S first 45 too ;-);-)

Ian Storey-Moore

As I said, Captn. It's a weak defence of an inexcusable action. Certainly not something I'd get involved in... Were the culprits thrown out after?

Captain Sinister;3480636]The spectacularly bad back pass by ex-pop-chart topper, Tavares, was the only effort on target in the first 45
    Taveres might have once sung Heaven is Missing an Angel. The Arsenal team would miss a barn door based on their shooting in the game.

I just watched it again and based on their performance against us yesterday there isn't one of them that looked good enough to get in our team. They lacked pace, pride, passion and execution.

Jack Armstrong

Quote Originally Posted by Mr RayReardon View Post

It was the FA Cup 3rd round, against a side we beat at the same point four years prior.

Save your pitch invasions for promotion winning games folks.

30/09/2021: It's only 8 points to the play-offs. Doesn't matter if we're 20th having lost three times as many games as we've won so far. I fancy us now that Hughton's gone.

Youth Team

There is plenty of deterrant already for that offence. Just a one off moment of over exuberance from a few. Strummer loves authoritarian state power, we should be tolerant if we can for one off moments of rare excitement.

Up-Front

If I wasn't in BC Upper, Id have been straight on.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    If I wasn't in BC Upper, Id have been straight on.
    Good lad. I wouldn't be brave enough myself but I understand why a few went on.

Ian Storey-Moore

You mean something like this?:

Up-Front

Quote Originally Posted by mattw View Post
    Good lad. I wouldn't be brave enough myself but I understand why a few went on.
    I wouldnt blame anyone for doing it, more often than not its instinctive. players didn't seem too put out either.

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    I wouldnt blame anyone for doing it, more often than not its instinctive. players didn't seem too put out either.
    This is my thinking, Mase. I get @Captain Sinister's view and in normal circumstance there's absolutely no place for it. Overspill of sheer exuberance and I'd be willing, on this occasion, to let it slide.

Not too dissimilar to when Britt scored the winner on his return from a career threatening injury away at MK Dons. We don't want to make a habit of it though. Slapped wrist and next time keep your celebrations in the stands would do me for this mistemeanor.

Ian Storey-Moore

Can someone get Brice Samba out of his deckchair please?

Gaff Lad

At the TV dictated kick-off time of 17:10, 25,000 supporters (did they not include the away fans in the count?) assembled at the World Famous City Ground to see if Forest could repeat the 2018 performance, when the rampant Reds ravaged the timorous Arsenal and inflicted the only 3rd round defeat Arsene Wenger experienced in 25 years as Arsenal manager. Arsenal, in Virgin White, played like virgins, and over the course of the 90 minutes that followed the referee’s whistle to commence proceedings only 1 shot on target was achieved by one of their Premiership privileged personnel, and that brought a flying save from his own keeper to prevent what would have been the most spectacular 25-yard own goal of the current decade.

Both sides had suffered COVID and injury set-backs in the run up to this match, however both teams managed to field decent starting XI’s (on paper at least if you were an Arsenal fan). Forest were bolstered with new signing Steve Cook in the heart of the defence, and another new boy in the form of big target man, Keinan Davis, who led the attack with a physical and skilful presence that belied his lack of game time prior to today’s game.

The spectacularly bad back pass by ex-pop-chart topper, Tavares, was the only effort on target in the first 45, during which Arsenal played at a lethargic pace, while Forest kept a disciplined defensive pattern, and looked to break at pace, with Davis holding up clearances in a way not seen by Forest fans since the days of Darryl Murphy, and Djed Spence and Brennan Johnson, prompted by some neat skills from Zinckernagel and Garner, providing the searing pace down the Forest right wing.

Poor old Tavares’ afternoon didn’t get any better after that 10th minute attempt, and he was subbed off by Ar-tet-e-tet-e-tet-e, a decision that Tavares reacted to literally like a baby throwing his toys out of the pram. (For toys, read gloves). Arsenal’s Premiershit prima-donnas conned the biased premiershit referee at every opportunity, falling, pole-axed to the ground if breathed upon by a Forest player, and the ref was clearly in the hunt for New Year bargains, buying at every opportunity. The sneaky trips by those prima donnas, stopping Forest’s fleet-footed heroes whenever danger threatened went largely unpunished by said bargain-hunting berk in black. The half closed a little bit quietly at 0-0, with Forest clearly the happier of the 2 teams.

Whatever Cooperman says at half-time, or puts in the squad’s orange juice, it certainly gives the players a boost, and from simply containing the Arsenal first-half efforts (with ease, it has to be said), Forest took the 2nd half by the scruff of the neck an played a more attacking and confident game. A great run and cross by Johnson gave Zinckernagel a chance from the right side edge of the 6-yard box, Zinck’s effort bringing a decent save from Leno. Then following a clattering of Yates by the frustrated Marinello, Garner hit a blistering 25 yard free-kick over the wall. Leno produced another fine, flying save to prevent the ball from kissing the net in the top left hand corner. The ball bounced down, and just as Colback was about to bring it under control inside the box, he was floored from behind, the biased ref simply didn’t believe that a player of the beautiful game in an Arsenal shirt could commit such an atrocity, and yet another of the season’s growing catalogue of bolt on Forest penalties was not given.

Grabban replaced the tiring Davis, who received a standing ovation from the delirious fans (well, I stood up and clapped), and Grabbs had an immediate impact winning a corner on the right as he insinuated himself into the Arsenal penalty area. His impact was even more profound when in the 82 minute, he raced through the middle, while Ryan Yates strode down the right wing (fed by Johnson), to send an inch perfect low cross, twixt line of defenders and goalkeeper. Grabban slid, right leg extended and hit met the ball perfectly with his right foot to sore the only goal of the game, and to send the 4,500 Gooners back down t’Smoke, crying into their flat white lattes.

Player Ratings:

Samba: 8 – to say he had narry a shot to save, he was commanding and his distribution was excellent (maybe having a proper target man is a good idea!).

Worrall: 8 – let’s get the alleged penalty incident put to bed: if White was being dragged back by a shirt pull, how com he dived forwards? I risky tug in the box, but never a penalty. After all White, £50m, has never scored for Arsenal… and on today’s showing he never will.

Cook: 9 – Not a flash player, but he marshalled that defence like he owned it. He won every aerial duel, and his distribution was executed speedily and accurately… more accurate than some of my typing!

McKenna:8 – another no-frills, solid performance with the occasional thrusting run through midfield to set up another forest attack.

Spence: 10 – I don’t give ‘em often, but that lad was absolutely red-hot both going forward and in defence. He was tripped in full flight half a dozen times, made Marinelli look like a pedestrian, and yet got booked for the one time he tripped their winger… dreadful refereeing.

Yates: 8 – tackled like a man possessed, moved the ball forwards with intent and produced one of the most devastating crosses you could wish to see.

Garner: 9 – he showed the Arsenal youngsters how potential can be turned into real achievement.

Colback: 8 – I hope he remembers to take Sakka out of his back pocket now the game is over… a consummate professional performance by our resident red-head.

Johnson: 8 – turned on the turbo and the afterburner to create merry hell and carnage among the Arsenal defence.

Zinckernagel: 8 – how come neither the ref, the 2 linos and the 4th official failed to see the vicious elbow to Zinck’s throat midway through the 2nd half? It was a shocker – straight red every day of the week. And the TV cameras were looking the other way too, so the perpetrator (Holding or White?) is unlikely to get a retrospective red either.

Davis: 8 – endeared himself to the fans immediately by picking a fight with White over a throw in, but on a more positive note, he provided something we have been missing for years now: a real physical presence upfront, who can hold up the ball, and is also neat and tidy with his feet.

Subs:

Cafu (on for Zinckernagel): 8 – put himself about an put Grabban in after we had scored the first.

Grabban (on for Davis): 8 – Had an immediate effect, and exploited the sluggish Arsenal centre-backs mercilessly.
    Brilliant! Thanks for posting Cap'n, as always very much appreciated.

Senior doom Monger

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzcarraldo View Post
    You mean something like this?:

I was thinking something more flamethrowerish

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    Henry Winter.

That's almost poetic!

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Senior doom Monger

The sound of joy!

Youth Team

Player Ratings:

Subs:

Excellent report as usual Cap’n

Ian Storey-Moore

Whatever Arsenal's shortcomings yesterday, we played very well and were full value. Cooper managed the game well, the players rose to the occasion and performed. Spence was electric, the back three were solid as a rock. Zinckernagel had a strong game, Brennan played very well, Colback had the game of his life. Though I don't think the FA Cup is our priority, that performance has to lift spirits.

The Duchess

Steve Cooper, Wayne Rooney and Mikel Arteta are in the pub, Steve goes to the bar and brings himself a pint back, Wayne and Mikel look disgusted and ask "where's ours?", Steve says sorry lads this is the fourth round and you're not in it!

'Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings' - Salvador Dali 1904-1989

I think 'odd' is a good thing. Oddness shows originality, uniqueness and a desire to be different from the masses. Oddness is, maybe, only deemed 'odd' by the majority who are considered less odd but only by their own blinkered observations and understanding. Oddness should never be criticised but be encouraged to nurture, develop individualism and to explore the mind rather than conform to expectation and 'normality'. Many of the world's greatest works of art and prose were born from those minds many considered to be 'odd'.
    [/url]