Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: Sean Longstaff

Viv Anderson

Default Sean Longstaff

24 year old CM at Newcastle.

We've been linked with his brother Matty in the past but this time Sean is being linked by Nixon.

Played 11 times in the Premier League for them this season but has barely featured under Eddie Howe.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Grenville Morris

Default Re: Sean Longstaff

He is actually much better than his brother.

But I am suprirsed if it's true, I don't really see CM as a problem area. Even with injuries we have players to come in with Ojeda, even Cafu.

Nigel Clough

Can't see it myself. Not because he isn't within our scope but as said above we are well stocked in midfield and we have far more pressing areas to address.

Sent from my God using Tapatalk

First Team

Besides, wasn't cooper interested in Fulton ? That's more likely.

Viv Anderson

From the (admittedly) minimum amount I've seen of this lad, he does look like someone who can offer us that bit more if we are able to mount a serious push for promotion this season.

Otherwise, if it's a case of building momentum with a view to mounting a challenge next season, then we're possibly better off sticking with what we already have in midfield until next summer.

However, history demonstrates that you can't pick-and-choose that moment. Just a thought.

First Team

Don't this one happening, we're quite well stocked in midfield with Yates, Colback, Ojeda, Garner and Cafu.

Jack Armstrong

Not happening. More agent talk.

30/09/2021: It's only 8 points to the play-offs. Doesn't matter if we're 20th having lost three times as many games as we've won so far. I fancy us now that Hughton's gone.

Viv Anderson

The Mirror reckons we're lining up a £2m bid for him. Large pinch of salt needed.

Grenville Morris

2 mil? Huh

First Team

I don't see why we'd spend that kind of money on a position we are quite well stocked in. Smells like bullshit.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Dogtits View Post
    2 mil? Huh
    Out of contract at the end of the season so £2m might not be way off.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    I don't see why we'd spend that kind of money on a position we are quite well stocked in. Smells like bullshit.
    I think we must like him because he's been linked a few times and you can see sense with his contract ending and the fact Garner most likely won't be here next season. I can see the reasoning behind it (if it's true) but perhaps the timing isn't ideal. Plus who knows what wages he'd want.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Heffing Psycho! View Post
    Out of contract at the end of the season so £2m might not be way off.

I think we must like him because he's been linked a few times and you can see sense with his contract ending and the fact Garner most likely won't be here next season. I can see the reasoning behind it (if it's true) but perhaps the timing isn't ideal. Plus who knows what wages he'd want.
    Perhaps, but we've still got 5 other midfielders at the club besides Garner so I wouldn’t have thought he'd be a priority right now. Plus his wages are going to be massive. I'll trust the club's judgement if they sign him of course, but it's not really something I see happening myself.

Jack Armstrong

Doesn't make sense to me when we've already got Central midfield selection headache.

But all means look again in summer when we've lost Garner and maybe Colback but at least then it's on a free rather than pissing 2m up the swanny.

Wally Ardron

You have to take advantage of opportunities as and when. As of today we have too many options in that position but come summer and loans return to their parent clubs, we're pretty short. So whilst today it might not make sense, if the opportunity is now, and its a good fit, better to get a player we want vs an import or 2nd/3rd option in summer.

Wally Ardron

Quote Originally Posted by IJPS View Post
    You have to take advantage of opportunities as and when. As of today we have too many options in that position but come summer and loans return to their parent clubs, we're pretty short. So whilst today it might not make sense, if the opportunity is now, and its a good fit, better to get a player we want vs an import or 2nd/3rd option in summer.
    Exactly. Most people were saying we didn't need another keeper when we signed Samba.

Viv Anderson

Needs to be better than what we have on the bench. How is he at haymakers and choking an opponent to death from behind?

Viv Anderson

Perhaps Newcastle need the money.

Impressive member

Quote Originally Posted by GOBIAS View Post
    Needs to be better than what we have on the bench. How is he at haymakers and choking an opponent to death from behind?
    Apparently the medicals now involve seeing the players perform this...

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Cortez the Killer View Post

Pissed myself at that Cortez

Ian Storey-Moore

He can play as a advanced midfeilder, maybe he could be bought in to do what grabbon is doing

Formerly Gandalfthered

Quote Originally Posted by IJPS View Post
    Spot on. Laryea wasn't a pressing need with Lowe coming back and Colback admirably standing in as cover, but it was an opportunity that the club didn't want to pass up on. We have seen how quickly in the past a perceived position of strength can become depleted with injuries and suspensions fairly quickly.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cortez the Killer View Post

No wonder Bongs Transfer hasn't gone through, The poor bloke will be out for months after that.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk