Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • HOME WIN - Forest thrash the Posh like a ginger stepchild

20 74.07%
  • AWAY WIN - Darragh McAnthony won’t shut up

1 3.70%
  • The DRAW

1 3.70%
  • Yeah, that „Collymore game“, were you there too?

5 18.52%
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Official Matchday #21 thread: Nottingham Forest Vs Peteborough

Senior doom Monger

Default Re: Official Matchday #21 thread: Nottingham Forest Vs Peteborough

Quote Originally Posted by adam09 View Post
    It's not.
    It's that season...
    Oh yes it is!!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Wally Ardron

Quote Originally Posted by Cloughie1975 View Post
    Well,we've had a great run(all credit to Steve Cooper and the players).
    However,I think there is a real chance that we'll lose Worrall and/or Johnson in January-also,it looks like
    Spence will return to Middlesbrough.
    I feel a top 10 finish would be encouraging(especially after our terrible start).
    My guess is Worrall will go-after listening to the Chippers interview no one can be in any doubt that if a decent offer comes in Joe will be out of here as fast as his old Mini can carry him.
    I am sure Spence will be recalled-if the tables were turned and he was a Forest player playing like he has on loan for boro we would be howling for him to come back.
    Johnson is the interesting one for me because although there will be interest I’m just not sure it’s the right time for him.

At the end of the day managers generally succeed (or fail) based on their signings and although there will be outgoings there will be money for incomings and while to say we might not end up better off?. The squad is pretty unbalanced in my view and 2-3 good signings in the right positions could make a huge difference…

Wally Ardron

Quote Originally Posted by cheapseats View Post
    My guess is Worrall will go-after listening to the Chippers interview no one can be in any doubt that if a decent offer comes in Joe will be out of here as fast as his old Mini can carry him.
    I am sure Spence will be recalled-if the tables were turned and he was a Forest player playing like he has on loan for boro we would be howling for him to come back.
    Johnson is the interesting one for me because although there will be interest I’m just not sure it’s the right time for him.

At the end of the day managers generally succeed (or fail) based on their signings and although there will be outgoings there will be money for incomings and while to say we might not end up better off?. The squad is pretty unbalanced in my view and 2-3 good signings in the right positions could make a huge difference…
    As I said on the transfer thread,if Worrall goes,I don’t expect a spending spree-I think most of it is likely to
    go on balancing the books with FFP in mind.

Grenville Morris

Quote Originally Posted by adam09 View Post
    It's not.
    how

Wally Ardron

As I said on the transfer thread,if Worrall goes,I don’t expect a spending spree-I think most of it is likely to
    go on balancing the books with FFP in mind.
    Well there has to be a balance. Cooper will not succeed if he’s not given any resource and if we haven’t learned the lesson that you surf a wave when it comes (cos it doesn’t come often at the City ground) we are doomed…
    It’s clear as day where the limitations in our squad are and if they are not addressed, indeed if we are weakened then we are, in terms of quality a bottom half club IMO…
    5m spending money could make a big difference if used carefully…

Wally Ardron

Well there has to be a balance. Cooper will not succeed if he’s not given any resource and if we haven’t learned the lesson that you surf a wave when it comes (cos it doesn’t come often at the City ground) we are doomed…
    It’s clear as day where the limitations in our squad are and if they are not addressed, indeed if we are weakened then we are, in terms of quality a bottom half club IMO…
    5m spending money could make a big difference if used carefully…
    It depends what the accounts actually look like-unless you happen to be Mel Morris,of course.

Wally Ardron

It depends what the accounts actually look like-unless you happen to be Mel Morris,of course.
    Of course it does-I’m not daft. That’s why I said it was a balance. But the squad is not up to scratch at present and the danger is that sooner or later if we don’t improve the playing squad one of the dreadful starts to a season we have had in the last 2 years will stick and we will find ourselves in L1

Wally Ardron

If Spence goes back I'll be absolutely gutted.

First Team

Late to the party as ever and it's all academic, but at the time the ball hits the defender's arm it isn't by his side . The top of his arm is but the forearm is doing the hand jive. Clear penalty.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Wally Ardron

Of course it does-I’m not daft. That’s why I said it was a balance. But the squad is not up to scratch at present and the danger is that sooner or later if we don’t improve the playing squad one of the dreadful starts to a season we have had in the last 2 years will stick and we will find ourselves in L1
    The poor starts of the last 2 years have been down to appalling preparation-I trust Cooper and Murphy to plan
    better in future.
    As you say,the squad needs strengthening,but overspending and reckless financial management WILL lead to League 1-as Sheffield Wednesday and Derby(and others) have proved.
    We need to buy into the new philosophy and give it time-we’ve mainly failed badly in the January window in the
    past.
    I would prefer to plan and regroup in the summer.

Matchday Squad

Quote Originally Posted by tjhooker View Post

He is the player that u want with the ball. He’s is raw but that what makes him so exciting. He can be caught out of position defensively but his rapid pace gets him out of trouble time n again. Seems highly likely he’ll go back. Difficult to replace.!

Wally Ardron

The poor starts of the last 2 years have been down to appalling preparation-I trust Cooper and Murphy to plan
    better in future.
    As you say,the squad needs strengthening,but overspending and reckless financial management WILL lead to League 1-as Sheffield Wednesday and Derby(and others) have proved.
    We need to buy into the new philosophy and give it time-we’ve mainly failed badly in the January window in the
    past.
    I would prefer to plan and regroup in the summer.
    We’re not really disagreeing-it’s called balance. I do worry a little that loosing Worrall might destabilise us at the back and our only crumbs of comfort over the last 18 months have been we’ve been hard to score against. In my view the answer is to score more and SC is clearly of that view too but we are thin on the ground up front so there needs to be investment.
    But fundamentally I agree!

Jack Armstrong

Prepare to be gutted.

30/09/2021: It's only 8 points to the play-offs. Doesn't matter if we're 20th having lost three times as many games as we've won so far. I fancy us now that Hughton's gone.

Wally Ardron

He’s been “the” player so far this season. He won’t be easy to replace but Cooper and Murphy are no fools and my guess is they will have been working on a solution for at least a couple of months….

Grenville Morris

He’s been “the” player so far this season. He won’t be easy to replace but Cooper and Murphy are no fools and my guess is they will have been working on a solution for at least a couple of months….
    Hopefully tutu can get fit and stay healthy because he also looked good. Might even be as good as Spence.

The 20m we spent on flops Carvalho, Soudani, Da Costa & Jenks would probably see Murphs get us a Premiership side judging from Lowe & Spence. If Marthur were here though he'd ensure that such signings weren't allowed because of past mistakes like with Platt. Punish the good for the sins of the bad. Let's hope the Greeks aren't as short-sighted and Murphs doesn't have to carry the can for Vrentroz's feeble attempt at recruitment.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-engelos Mindminackers View Post
    The 20m we spent on flops Carvalho, Soudani, Da Costa & Jenks would probably see Murphs get us a Premiership side judging from Lowe & Spence. If Marthur were here though he'd ensure that such signings weren't allowed because of past mistakes like with Platt. Punish the good for the sins of the bad. Let's hope the Greeks aren't as short-sighted and Murphs doesn't have to carry the can for Vrentroz's feeble attempt at recruitment.
    Though I agree that Murphy is so far doing a good job, it's as though sometimes people talk about this regime as perfect and that it will be wonderful because we brought in Lowe and Spence.

Obviously it's not clear how much input Murphy had into the last window, given that Hughton was still there, and that I think Vrentzos is still here too.

But let's not forget that as well as bringing in Lowe and Spence, we have also brought in Ojeda (2 apps, but seems OK), Zinckernagel (OK). As well as Osei-Tutu and Ely (who we haven't seen much due to injuries), Silva and Drager (who haven't really played at all) and Horvath (who was a bit cack in his 1 appearance).

Time will tell whether they end up as good signings or mentioned in the same breath as Da Costa, Bong, Jenkinson, Diakahby, but then we don't really know how much they cost either. If they are low wage, low/free transfers, they are low risk.

Senior doom Monger

Biggest surprise for me was that the floodlights were on... with Bulb being our partner in power until they went bust, I expected the Club to ask everyone with a mobile phone to turn on their flashlights.