Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Forest WIN - Reds Roll On!

12 31.58%
  • Fulham WIN

5 13.16%
  • The DRAW

8 21.05%
  • More Fucjing G Wot Karate, please Steve!

13 34.21%
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: Official Matchday #14 thread: Nottingham Forest Vs Fulham.

Viv Anderson

Default Re: Official Matchday #14 thread: Nottingham Forest Vs Fulham.

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy22 View Post
    I can sense from the Forest supporters in the stadium they still sense this is a project in motion, and aren't getting upset at the players or manager here.

That's good to feel. Comes across, even through the TV
    I can confirm Bryan that, unlike our previous defeat at the CG, there was an encouraging lack of toxicity within the stadium.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Up-Front

No disgrace in a tonking from Fulham, thought they looked a decent side, we could have closed that gap save for some gifted goals & that glaring miss from Grabban, but ultimately it was a reality check that suggests we lack the quality to mix it right at the top.

I agree with the "bad day at the office" claim, we've shown enough so far to suggest we're on to something here & this result shouldnt deflect from that. Without being totally familiar with Cooper, Im expecting a reaction against QPR & can see us racking a few up there.

Essentially not much clicked on the day, but theres still a ton of enthusiasm for what we're trying to do. Ive been in BC Upper Block H for almost 10 years now & don't remember a more positive reaction to such a loss.

Ian Storey-Moore

Strange to come out of a 0-4 feeling better than the smaller defaults under Hughton, especially the 1-2 v Cardiff. We still created some good chances and on most days Grabbs scores from that open goal. We were on top at that point and had he scored it could have been a completely different 2nd half. We kept going forward but little mistakes at the back need to be nipped in the bud asap.

Fulham showed the type of quality we should be aiming for. The players were better technically and closed down well.

Last edited by Trents; 25-10-21 at 09:37.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Trents View Post
    Strange to come out of a 0-4 feeling better than the smaller defaults under Houghton, especially the 1-2 v Cardiff. We still created some good chances and on most days Grabbs scores from that open goal. We were on top at that point and had he scored it could have been a completely different 2nd half. We kept going forward but little mistakes at the back need to be nipped in the bud asap.

Fulham showed the type of quality we should be aiming for. The players were better technically and closed down well.
    Thats how I felt as well, I thought we were really good just lacked quality in both boxes. If we keep with Coops but upgrade the players through time than I am confident more than most managers that he will get us there.

Youth Team

Still maintain the scoreline flattered Fulham..the last 15/20mins of the first half and probably leading upto there 2nd we were getting to them.
    Grabben scores and we'd have seen a different game altogether.

Just a mention of there (away) support well they brought more than I thought they would but god they were fucking awful in contrast to Blackpool.

If that's what being the premiership does to your support them it's a sorry state of affairs.

I'd sooner support a club with identity and a proper support base than that shower of shit regardless of what league were in.

Last edited by acrobat; 25-10-21 at 10:11.

Grenville Morris

Quote Originally Posted by acrobat View Post
    Still maintain the scoreline flattered Fulham..the last 15/20mins of the first half and probably leading upto there 2nd we were getting to them.

Just a mention of there (away) support well they brought more than I thought they would but god they were fucking awful in contrast to Blackpool.

If that's what being the premiership does to your support them it's a sorry state of affairs.

I'd sooner support a club with identity and a proper support base than that shower of shit..
    I don't think it's anything to do with the Premier League more that their fans are typically more affluent and from wider geographies (ie, not just from UK fans) so perhaps don't have the sort of tribal support that the provincial clubs do. They have rattles when they play at the Cottage.

Our support won't get worse or quieter for being in the Premier League.

30/09/2021: It's only 8 points to the play-offs. Doesn't matter if we're 20th having lost three times as many games as we've won so far. I fancy us now that Hughton's gone.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by acrobat View Post

I'd sooner support a club with identity and a proper support base than that shower of shit regardless of what league were in.
    I dont think there was much between the sides bar errors. I thought we played well and I wasnt unhappy yesterday. We have played worse and only lost 1-0. I am actually much more positive about Forest yesterday even though we lost because the general play was quite good.

We just need to sort out silly defensive errors which is a good place to start from. Its better than having a poor performance and mistakes. Foundation is there for Coops and either the coaching eliminates the mistakes or the recruitment gives us upgrades in a few positions and we will truly be cooking on gas.

Its the same feeling I had under Davies. I remember the start of Davies's full season where we battered West Brom and Earnshaw missed a penno and we lost 1 nil. I clapped us off that day because the performance was really good and I could see a way forward.

As ever and as what happened under Davies, I think we have the manager now its on the club to support him properly with Players.

Wally Ardron

Quote Originally Posted by EmmersonForest4 View Post
    I dont think there was much between the sides bar errors. I thought we played well and I wasnt unhappy yesterday. We have played worse and only lost 1-0. I am actually much more positive about Forest yesterday even though we lost because the general play was quite good.

We just need to sort out silly defensive errors which is a good place to start from. Its better than having a poor performance and mistakes. Foundation is there for Coops and either the coaching eliminates the mistakes or the recruitment gives us upgrades in a few positions and we will truly be cooking on gas.

Its the same feeling I had under Davies. I remember the start of Davies's full season where we battered West Brom and Earnshaw missed a penno and we lost 1 nil. I clapped us off that day because the performance was really good and I could see a way forward.

As ever and as what happened under Davies, I think we have the manager now its on the club to support him properly with Players.
    I agree,but FFP requirements might make things tight for a while.
    I think Cooper will need to use his coaching skills to improve the existing players,whilst hopefully Murphy
    can dig out a few diamonds at realistic prices.
    Despite the defeat yesterday,I feel reasonably confident we are on the right path at last.

Senior doom Monger

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    No disgrace in a tonking from Fulham, thought they looked a decent side, we could have closed that gap save for some gifted goals & that glaring miss from Grabban, but ultimately it was a reality check that suggests we lack the quality to mix it right at the top.

I agree with the "bad day at the office" claim, we've shown enough so far to suggest we're on to something here & this result shouldnt deflect from that. Without being totally familiar with Cooper, Im expecting a reaction against QPR & can see us racking a few up there.

Essentially not much clicked on the day, but theres still a ton of enthusiasm for what we're trying to do. Ive been in BC Upper Block H for almost 10 years now & don't remember a more positive reaction to such a loss.
    Other than the 4 goals (2 gift wrapped presents and 1 penalty) I don't think that we were tonked.
    OK Fulham played a high press and did some rather neat fast passing, but they didn't actually create loads of chances did they?
    At the end of the day the 4 was down to some woeful defending, including the 3rd goal when Samba left 3 feet between himself and the near post, and was diving in antici.......ppppp...ation of Kebano going for the far post.
    If he thinks about it he should have covered the near post and stood his ground and that shot would have been savable.
    If KKebano had then chosen to hit it for the far post, the angle was more acute and the chance of him sliding the ball past the far post were greater.

Ian Storey-Moore

Having been unable to get the red button to work, I've finally just seen the goals.

1st : Illegal block (obviously something they practise) aided and abetted by a bent ref.
    2nd : Calamity defending, putting it mildly.
    3rd : Decent goal, set up nicely by Spence & Worrell
    4th : No idea? Did he touch him?

Overall, forget and move on.

Matchday Squad

1) Block or not, there’s no reason for Spence to slice it into his own net.
    2) McKenna as much at fault as Figs, but comedy defending anyway
    3) Good goal – Samba guessed wrong but had to make a choice.
    4) Could Samba have come and claimed it? Weak header out followed by Yates conceding penalty, grabbing player from behind.

Possible questions over 2 and 4 as I believe both came from questionable free kicks awarded against us.

However, Forest TV hasn't offered me full match replay yet - I paid a tenner to watch live, but I'd like to check some of those refereeing decisions.

I'll probably find that most of them were free kicks ( though maybe not yellow cards),rather than Fulham dives.

A. Trialist

like ubik - would like to see the decisions again, but 1st goal was clearly a foul on Worrall - Spence's subsequent action should have been irrelevant.
    A general theme was Fulham's gamesmanship, and the refs adrenaline-based decision-making.

Not a game to remember for some of the poor passing and defending, but hopefully one the team will look to move past.

Matchday Squad

Quote Originally Posted by JustARed View Post
    like ubik - would like to see the decisions again, but 1st goal was clearly a foul on Worrall - Spence's subsequent action should have been irrelevant.
    A general theme was Fulham's gamesmanship, and the refs adrenaline-based decision-making.

Not a game to remember for some of the poor passing and defending, but hopefully one the team will look to move past.
    TBH, when I watched on the highlights package I saw an attacker standing still and Worrall failing to run around him. Might be more from a different angle, but standing still is no foul.

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by ubik View Post
    TBH, when I watched on the highlights package I saw an attacker standing still and Worrall failing to run around him. Might be more from a different angle, but standing still is no foul.
    Presumably you've not seen it?

Otherwise that's just ridiculous.

The 'attacker' has his back to the corner taker and the goal and blocks Worrell off after eyeballing him before the corner is taken.

It's as clear as day and clearly practiced.

Poor technique from Spence though.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    I can confirm Bryan that, unlike our previous defeat at the CG, there was an encouraging lack of toxicity within the stadium.
    Thanks for that Otis. Always good to hear that the crowd are all together and firmly behind the manager and players in the stadium.

I'll be there on Friday and cannot wait. Really have a renewed sense of hope as many of us do, regardless of the defeat on Sunday.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy22 View Post
    Thanks for that Otis. Always good to hear that the crowd are all together and firmly behind the manager and players in the stadium.

I'll be there on Friday and cannot wait. Really have a renewed sense of hope as many of us do, regardless of the defeat on Sunday.
    Amen brother.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Matchday Squad

Quote Originally Posted by gedlingred View Post
    Presumably you've not seen it?

Otherwise that's just ridiculous.

The 'attacker' has his back to the corner taker and the goal and blocks Worrell off after eyeballing him before the corner is taken.

It's as clear as day and clearly practiced.

Poor technique from Spence though.
    Don't doubt it.

But I didn't see a lot of 'blocking' movement by their player, more 'standing still'. I'd like to see the whole match again as that was just the start of things going wrong.

Matchday Squad

Quote Originally Posted by ubik View Post
    Don't doubt it.

But I didn't see a lot of 'blocking' movement by their player, more 'standing still'. I'd like to see the whole match again as that was just the start of things going wrong.
    Even from the Youtube highlights you can see the Fulham player sidestep to the left to block Worrall.

A. Trialist

he definitely checks where Worrall is and moves to block him off - 1:37 of the extended highlights is a good view on it.

There’s an article on The Athletic looking at Fulham and their success from set pieces. It has a basketball writer explaining how they are using screening techniques normally seen in the NBA to create space and doing it very well.

It touches on the legality of it and effectively says that it’s technically illegal, but players get away with all sorts that is technically not allowed.

Senior doom Monger

Quote Originally Posted by Swansea Red View Post
    There’s an article on The Athletic looking at Fulham and their success from set pieces. It has a basketball writer explaining how they are using screening techniques normally seen in the NBA to create space and doing it very well.

It touches on the legality of it and effectively says that it’s technically illegal, but players get away with all sorts that is technically not allowed.
    In the words concluding many articles in Private Eye magazine, "So that's alright then".