Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: Matchday 12: Blackpool Fan Comments

Default Matchday 12: Blackpool Fan Comments

I fancy a Jerry Yates pen late on to win it. 0-1 to the Pool. 2,000 Blackpool fans going wild.

We should be beating teams like this!

No offence but….Why? We’ve no given right to beat any team in this division. It’s a very tough place to go and obviously they’ve picked up recently. Just hope this board doesn’t go into meltdown should we lose.

Tongue in cheek, following the comments on the Forest fans forum about us.

I’ll take a point. They’re playing well at the minute and we’ll miss Maxi and Lavery.

Lavery has been THE goal threat for us, noone else has better than 0.20 goals per game, confident that we'll create some chances, a lot will depend on someone else putting it away. Tough one this, would be happy with a draw.

I remember being there in the late 70's when we lost 3-0, the year Forest were promoted under Clough. He was eating fish & chips in the same cafe as us at past 2pm with the ko at 3pm!

We were off the pace and well beaten. If my memory serves me right Tony Woodcock was on fire for Forest.

The season before our first ever (and 29 year) relegation from the first 2 tiers of English football we finished 3rd in the second division (2 points for a win) with a goal AVERAGE a few hundreths' less than that of Forest's who were promoted to the promised land.

The following season, we were condemned to a long term and Alan Ball inspired relegation while Forest went on to win the 1st division title.

Immediately following, they won the European cup twice in succession.

My point being: but for a few hundreths of a decimal place of goal aveage in the 77 season, the title of champions of England and subsequently Europe could have been us.

What an amazing guy, think what he could have done as England manager.

Could be a full team unavailable. Hopefully Keogh is fit and Dougall back to at least be on the bench.

We’ve struggled with teams who set up with wing backs and two wide players who act as no.10s. Hopefully we can adjust and adapt better than we did first half against Coventry.

Madine down already.

When are we going to catch a break with injuries.

Looks like all Forest at the moment, hope 'pool gets a better grip of the game.

Kevin Friend terrible referee. Some shocking decisions already.

Bollox! One down.

Gabriel out of position. Great ball to be fair.

Not the ideal start with so many changes, we need to settle and get to halftime no worse than 1 down. Come on boys!!

We have been very hesitant and defensive I could see that coming/ Oh well, plenty of time to go, hopefully we will step it up a bit now. great ball in for they goal but where was Gabriel?

Madine trying his best to get a yellow card here.

Get the ball out to Josh Bowler he has this full back on toast.

Critch will sort this sh/t out at HT and we’ll win this.

With the enforced changes we've 4 attacking players and none chase back. Leaves us short in midfield.

We very nearly scored then.

Don't think that scramble was close to being over the line really, but how we haven't scored there is beyond me.

Well they are that bit better than us at the moment.

Just got in. Stats don't look great. Has this match been a difficult watch so far? In fairness, their manager's face doesn't help on that count.

Tough with so many key players out, no Maxwell, Sterling, Keshi, Dougall, Lavery. 5 of our best players.

Forest are nothing to fear, we can turn this around if we focus and string a couple of passes together.

Get Jerry off. Just not good enough at this level.

Long ball again caught us out. Great tackle from Gabriel.

Gabriel keeping us in this. Stopped two now.

Yates!!!! 1-1.

This aged well.

You know feck all about feck all.

I got 2 thumbs up so I shouldn’t be getting all the flack.

You basically threw him under the bus then a couple of minutes later he scores. What do you expect?!

Bit of luck? Was it a fortunate goal?

Bit of a defensive error with their keeper and centre half as the ball came in which gave us the ball back and Jerry smashed it home!

Bollox again!! 1-2.

FFS!! we didn't deserve that.

Shit the bed.

Poor that, gave them the ball for the break, a simple header to a team mate from Keogh and we retain the ball.

Good save then goal. Foul on the keeper?

No foul. Ball came over and ricochets straight from our defender to the Forest attacker. Good save then from Grimshaw but straight to Grabben 2 yards out.

We have been the better side second half and we look a decent Championship side. Oh what a surprise.... Stewart is injured!!

This ref is an absolute joke.

Bowlers getting some great balls across the box. Just no one there to nick it in.

We are definitely no worse than any team I’ve seen in this division so far.

The league table suggests we are.

Forgot I’d pressed the “pedant request” button. Ok let me rephrase: We seem able to compete adequately if not well at this new level and even today when losing could well have taken a couple of half chances missed and have won.

Not the best performance today. These things happen, I'm just frustrated that we don't seem to create anything like the chances we did last season

We aren't playing against shitters anymore are we!

We're a midges dick from being a good Championship side

Just about describes it, if we were just a little better in front of goal we'd be challenging for a playoff spot at least.

We've beaten Fulham, drawn with Bournemouth, narrow defeat against Coventry, beaten Rovers. We are pretty much on a level with these sides. The league table is down to the first 5 games when we were adjusting and missing people.

Not a great performance and the better team won. Disappointing, but if we are being charitable, there's a lot of injuries affecting preparation and formation.

5 important first teamers not starting. Lost Keshi and Sterling as well as Maxi and Lavery, and Dougall on the bench. 2-1 defeat away to the in form team in those circumstances is not a disgrace. They've had more comfortable wins in recent games.

The in form team who hadn’t won at home, until today.

Forest had only played one home game since Hughton left, 1-1 draw with Millwall. 3 away wins. Narrow win today.

Credit to Forest they bossed the game but we were disappointing giving the ball away far too easily.

We had more of the ball late on mainly because forest sat back and defended what they had. They looked far better on the ball for most of it.

Most disappointing result

Really? I thought Forest looked decent, we’re down a few players also. I think Hull was more dissapointing, they were there for the taking.

Am I the only one who doesn't think we were*that*bad? Can't argue with the result but I don't think we played as woefully as being made out. With a major injury crisis I don't think we seemed that out of the game, a win for Forest was the fairest result but if it had ended in a draw I don't think it would have been unfair all things considered.

Bad day at the office, Forest deserve their win.

27,946 attendance today, impressive.

I thought we would lose to forest, even without our injuries. I wish they'd held on to Houghton till after we played them!

Probably should have been a pen also today.

Maybe because of Jules previous easy falls he didn't buy it the ref.

Forest fans now believing they’re World beaters. Given a fully fit team, we’d have tonked them.

Thought Gabriel had an excellent game.

Apart from being 20 yards off the winger he was supposed to be marking which led to the first goal.

He had a good game, that was just a brilliant pass.

Gabriel had a good game. Was kept very busy by Lowe in the first half and arguably should have been a little closer to his man for their first goal but it was a hell of a pass, relatively flat and powerful, and the Forest player controlled it beautifully with his first touch. Our CB’s should have been able to track the Forest man who finished it too. But it was a great goal by them and most teams concede it at whatever level.

Poor today, poor team selection, poor passing, poor decision making. We move on. Forest deserved the three points.

They pressed us well but are not a great team, good going forward, but we just didn’t test them at the back.

Spence was fucking dreadful. How they preferred him over Gabriel I find astounding.

Thought Max Lowe ran Gabriel ragged in the first half but he stepped up second half massively.

Remain very optimistic after watching that. There is no way it was perfect, struggled in the first half and could not capitalise on the second half possession. Forest though are a very decent side and we are clearly competing well against established championship sides. It was a clear penalty, small margins, if that had been given and converted then that should have been another point.

I was more disappointed with 2 points dropped against a poor Hull side. Today we got beat by the better team... it happens.

It’s not the defeat I’m disappointed with, it’s the manner of that defeat. Ok we only lost by the odd goal, but we never looked dangerous or if we were going to get anything out of the game. We had enough time to equalise a second time but showed no urgency whatsoever. Not enough forward movement, almost no balls into the danger areas and nut much desire.

I think we were at our nut bush city ground limits.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Matchday 12: Blackpool Fan Comments

There's a feeling back at the CG again, we'd lost it for a while, and it's back.......

The season before our first ever (and 29 year) relegation from the first 2 tiers of English football we finished 3rd in the second division (2 points for a win) with a goal AVERAGE a few hundreths' less than that of Forest's who were promoted to the promised land.

The following season, we were condemned to a long term and Alan Ball inspired relegation while Forest went on to win the 1st division title.

My point being: but for a few hundreths of a decimal place of goal aveage in the 77 season, the title of champions of England and subsequently Europe could have been us.
    Of course it could.

Matchday Squad

They have a remarkably high opinion of themselves for a team sitting in 15th.

First Team

Blackpool fans have gone up in my estimation, a very fair set of comments.

Cheers C.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Matchday Squad

Thanks Calvin. Particularly enjoyed their comments on our promotion year. They seem by and large to be pretty reasonable fans which is slightly irritating. I’ve discovered that I really enjoy the comments by entitled, ignorant and grumpy fans. Hope we get to play Newcastle soon.

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

Thank you Calvin!
    Surprisingly reasonable bunch

By "relegation battle", do you mean 7th, 12th or 14th?

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

Youth Team

Quite a lovely bunch it seems, the blackpool fans. A few of them on twitter praising the atmosphere as the best in the league too.

Viv Anderson

Thanks, Calvin. Surprisingly pleasant read today. This is beginning to be a most enjoyable season.

Senior doom Monger

They do like Keogh... mind you, despite the pasting he got from our fans he remains a cool and confident player.
    I know I'll get pelters, but he did hold their defence together.
    Cheers Calvin.

Youth Team

The only comment I'd really take umbrage at is 'Forest fans now believing they’re World beaters'.

I don't think I've seen anyone suggest that but I do feel we have the right to feel more positive about our future given the dire football we produced under the previous manager.

Overall a decent set of well-balanced and reasonable comments.

It is difficult but I am slowly getting used to not reading comments from opposition fans that we are the 'worst team' they've played. I'm well out of my comfort zone.

Wally Ardron

Decent set of comments that.

A couple of guys I work with are Seasiders. Decent set of fans on the whole.

Thanks for posting Calvin.

Wally Ardron

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin Plummer View Post
    I fancy a Jerry Yates pen late on to win it. 0-1 to the Pool. 2,000 Blackpool fans going wild.

We should be beating teams like this!

No offence but….Why? We’ve no given right to beat any team in this division. It’s a very tough place to go and obviously they’ve picked up recently. Just hope this board doesn’t go into meltdown should we lose.

Tongue in cheek, following the comments on the Forest fans forum about us.

I’ll take a point. They’re playing well at the minute and we’ll miss Maxi and Lavery.

Lavery has been THE goal threat for us, noone else has better than 0.20 goals per game, confident that we'll create some chances, a lot will depend on someone else putting it away. Tough one this, would be happy with a draw.

I remember being there in the late 70's when we lost 3-0, the year Forest were promoted under Clough. He was eating fish & chips in the same cafe as us at past 2pm with the ko at 3pm!

We were off the pace and well beaten. If my memory serves me right Tony Woodcock was on fire for Forest.

What an amazing guy, think what he could have done as England manager.

Could be a full team unavailable. Hopefully Keogh is fit and Dougall back to at least be on the bench.

We’ve struggled with teams who set up with wing backs and two wide players who act as no.10s. Hopefully we can adjust and adapt better than we did first half against Coventry.

Madine down already.

When are we going to catch a break with injuries.

Looks like all Forest at the moment, hope 'pool gets a better grip of the game.

Kevin Friend terrible referee. Some shocking decisions already.

Bollox! One down.

Gabriel out of position. Great ball to be fair.

Not the ideal start with so many changes, we need to settle and get to halftime no worse than 1 down. Come on boys!!

We have been very hesitant and defensive I could see that coming/ Oh well, plenty of time to go, hopefully we will step it up a bit now. great ball in for they goal but where was Gabriel?

Madine trying his best to get a yellow card here.

Get the ball out to Josh Bowler he has this full back on toast.

Critch will sort this sh/t out at HT and we’ll win this.

With the enforced changes we've 4 attacking players and none chase back. Leaves us short in midfield.

We very nearly scored then.

Don't think that scramble was close to being over the line really, but how we haven't scored there is beyond me.

Well they are that bit better than us at the moment.

Just got in. Stats don't look great. Has this match been a difficult watch so far? In fairness, their manager's face doesn't help on that count.

Tough with so many key players out, no Maxwell, Sterling, Keshi, Dougall, Lavery. 5 of our best players.

Forest are nothing to fear, we can turn this around if we focus and string a couple of passes together.

Long ball again caught us out. Great tackle from Gabriel.

Gabriel keeping us in this. Stopped two now.

Yates!!!! 1-1.

This aged well.

You know feck all about feck all.

I got 2 thumbs up so I shouldn’t be getting all the flack.

You basically threw him under the bus then a couple of minutes later he scores. What do you expect?!

Bit of luck? Was it a fortunate goal?

Bit of a defensive error with their keeper and centre half as the ball came in which gave us the ball back and Jerry smashed it home!

Bollox again!! 1-2.

FFS!! we didn't deserve that.

Shit the bed.

Poor that, gave them the ball for the break, a simple header to a team mate from Keogh and we retain the ball.

Good save then goal. Foul on the keeper?

No foul. Ball came over and ricochets straight from our defender to the Forest attacker. Good save then from Grimshaw but straight to Grabben 2 yards out.

We have been the better side second half and we look a decent Championship side. Oh what a surprise.... Stewart is injured!!

This ref is an absolute joke.

Bowlers getting some great balls across the box. Just no one there to nick it in.

We are definitely no worse than any team I’ve seen in this division so far.

The league table suggests we are.

Forgot I’d pressed the “pedant request” button. Ok let me rephrase: We seem able to compete adequately if not well at this new level and even today when losing could well have taken a couple of half chances missed and have won.

Not the best performance today. These things happen, I'm just frustrated that we don't seem to create anything like the chances we did last season

We aren't playing against shitters anymore are we!

We're a midges dick from being a good Championship side

Just about describes it, if we were just a little better in front of goal we'd be challenging for a playoff spot at least.

We've beaten Fulham, drawn with Bournemouth, narrow defeat against Coventry, beaten Rovers. We are pretty much on a level with these sides. The league table is down to the first 5 games when we were adjusting and missing people.

Not a great performance and the better team won. Disappointing, but if we are being charitable, there's a lot of injuries affecting preparation and formation.

5 important first teamers not starting. Lost Keshi and Sterling as well as Maxi and Lavery, and Dougall on the bench. 2-1 defeat away to the in form team in those circumstances is not a disgrace. They've had more comfortable wins in recent games.

The in form team who hadn’t won at home, until today.

Forest had only played one home game since Hughton left, 1-1 draw with Millwall. 3 away wins. Narrow win today.

Credit to Forest they bossed the game but we were disappointing giving the ball away far too easily.

We had more of the ball late on mainly because forest sat back and defended what they had. They looked far better on the ball for most of it.

Most disappointing result

Really? I thought Forest looked decent, we’re down a few players also. I think Hull was more dissapointing, they were there for the taking.

Am I the only one who doesn't think we were*that*bad? Can't argue with the result but I don't think we played as woefully as being made out. With a major injury crisis I don't think we seemed that out of the game, a win for Forest was the fairest result but if it had ended in a draw I don't think it would have been unfair all things considered.

Bad day at the office, Forest deserve their win.

27,946 attendance today, impressive.

I thought we would lose to forest, even without our injuries. I wish they'd held on to Houghton till after we played them!

Probably should have been a pen also today.

Maybe because of Jules previous easy falls he didn't buy it the ref.

Forest fans now believing they’re World beaters. Given a fully fit team, we’d have tonked them.

Thought Gabriel had an excellent game.

Apart from being 20 yards off the winger he was supposed to be marking which led to the first goal.

He had a good game, that was just a brilliant pass.

Gabriel had a good game. Was kept very busy by Lowe in the first half and arguably should have been a little closer to his man for their first goal but it was a hell of a pass, relatively flat and powerful, and the Forest player controlled it beautifully with his first touch. Our CB’s should have been able to track the Forest man who finished it too. But it was a great goal by them and most teams concede it at whatever level.

Poor today, poor team selection, poor passing, poor decision making. We move on. Forest deserved the three points.

They pressed us well but are not a great team, good going forward, but we just didn’t test them at the back.

Spence was fucking dreadful. How they preferred him over Gabriel I find astounding.

Thought Max Lowe ran Gabriel ragged in the first half but he stepped up second half massively.

Remain very optimistic after watching that. There is no way it was perfect, struggled in the first half and could not capitalise on the second half possession. Forest though are a very decent side and we are clearly competing well against established championship sides. It was a clear penalty, small margins, if that had been given and converted then that should have been another point.

I was more disappointed with 2 points dropped against a poor Hull side. Today we got beat by the better team... it happens.

It’s not the defeat I’m disappointed with, it’s the manner of that defeat. Ok we only lost by the odd goal, but we never looked dangerous or if we were going to get anything out of the game. We had enough time to equalise a second time but showed no urgency whatsoever. Not enough forward movement, almost no balls into the danger areas and nut much desire.

Not accurate.
    Blackpool finished 1 point behind Forest in 5th place with a way worse goal difference in 1976/77-goal difference
    replaced goal average at the start of that season.
    The quoted 3-0 defeat was a night match,so Cloughie was probably eating fish and chips at 2.00PM!
    Interestingly,Allan Brown(ex-Forest)was the Blackpool manager at the time.

Wally Ardron

Edit on the above.
    3 teams promoted(Forest in 3rd),not 2.

Wally Ardron

Double edit-it WAS a Saturday match,so it does seem slightly strange(although perhaps not surprising!),that
    Cloughie was still eating fish and chips in a cafe after 2.00PM.
    I don’t recall Blackpool being a particularly good side(despite finishing 5th).
    Forest,Chelsea,Wolves and Bolton were easily the best 4 sides that season.

Last edited by Cloughie1975; 18-10-21 at 07:47.

Grenville Morris

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    The only comment I'd really take umbrage at is 'Forest fans now believing they’re World beaters'.

I don't think I've seen anyone suggest that
    Were fucking world beaters and folk better get used to it.

30/09/2021: It's only 8 points to the play-offs. Doesn't matter if we're 20th having lost three times as many games as we've won so far. I fancy us now that Hughton's gone.

Gaff Lad

Thanks for posting Calvin, much appreciated.

The Foam Hand

Fair comments on the whole.
    Enjoyed the story about Brian Clough eating fish and chips in the cafe at 2pm.

Thanks for posting Calvin

A. Trialist

Quite disappointing comments really, in that they were pretty fair comments. All the Blackpool fans I've known (sample size = 1) have been utter dicks.

Matchday Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    They do like Keogh... mind you, despite the pasting he got from our fans he remains a cool and confident player.
    I know I'll get pelters, but he did hold their defence together.
    Cheers Calvin.
    He is decent defender but with the ball he is shocking. He makes a simple 5 yard ball look painfully difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloughie1975 View Post
    Double edit-it was a Saturday match,so it does seem slightly strange(although perhaps not surprising!),that
    Cloughie was still eating fish and chips in a cafe after 2.00PM.
    I don’t recall Blackpool being a particularly good side(despite finishing 5th).
    Forest,Chelsea,Wolves and Bolton were easily the best 4 sides that season.
    Pretty sure he was being largely tongue in cheek.

Nigel Clough

I didn’t think they were that bad to be honest, but thought were good value for the win.

What penalty shout are they talking about? That Worrall slide tackle on John-Jules? I was worried at first view because I thought he might have anticipated the tackle and just stuck his right foot in the way (like most cheaters are doing now) but on the replay, he didn’t and Joe just slid around him to take the ball cleanly. No penalty for me but only because John-Jules wasn’t smart enough to make it one.

They seem alright on the whole, but quite a high opinion of themselves for a team not pulling up many trees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ian Storey-Moore

Searching for the "Forest were still shit" postings. Seems the tide is turning on those too.

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin Plummer View Post

Close enough