35 74.47%
  • Blackpool WIN - Holloway was right….

1 2.13%
  • The DRAW

5 10.64%
  • Andy Reid

6 12.77%
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Official Matchday #12 thread: Nottingham Forest Vs Blackpool.

oopsy daisy!

Default Re: Official Matchday #12 thread: Nottingham Forest Vs Blackpool.

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Not that you'd want to, but difficult to find fault with anything currently
    Oh I don't know.

I'm sure someone would and could.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    Pure filth.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Woodcock's LoveChild View Post
    Pure filth.
    Indeed it is. Was every player involved in the build up like the one we did under Karanka I think a few years back?

Quote Originally Posted by Statto View Post
    Indeed it is. Was every player involved in the build up like the one we did under Karanka I think a few years back?
    Was that the Fulham away goal?

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Woodcock's LoveChild View Post
    Was that the Fulham away goal?
    Honestly can't remember, just that we had some goal a while back when we had literally every player involved. In fact it might have involved Brice which might have been a bit later...

Quote Originally Posted by Statto View Post
    Honestly can't remember, just that we had some goal a while back when we had literally every player involved. In fact it might have involved Brice which might have been a bit later...
    https://youtu.be/OYVK7ITojHw

Is it our 1st goal from this game?

It's mint.

Matchday Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Oh I don't know.

Paging Emmerson

Wally Ardron

Oh I don't know.

Matchday Squad

Yeah, great to have so many passes in the build-up, but it's nothing like the goal against Fulham.

This one has good build-up repelled to the point where we go back to the keeper. If that was under CH, there'd be howls of derision, Bruce.

Worrall finds a superb pass to Lowe, who tees up Johnson. All looks very easy. I appreciate it took some of the previous 24 passes to make that happen, but to me it's a two-pass goal.

Quote Originally Posted by ubik View Post
    Yeah, great to have so many passes in the build-up, but it's nothing like the goal against Fulham.

This one has good build-up repelled to the point where we go back to the keeper. If that was under CH, there'd be howls of derision, Bruce.

Worrall finds a superb pass to Lowe, who tees up Johnson. All looks very easy. I appreciate it took some of the previous 24 passes to make that happen, but to me it's a two-pass goal.
    It wouldn't have happened under Houghton as we would have lost possession after the 3rd pass.

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk

oopsy daisy!

Quote Originally Posted by Listen 'ere young man View Post
    It wouldn't have happened under Houghton as we would have lost possession after the 3rd pass.
    It wouldn't have happened under Hughton because more than one of those passes were in the Blackpool half and some of them went forwards.

Grenville Morris

Quote Originally Posted by ubik View Post

That goal against Fulham was perfectly executed. Mouthwatering every time I watch it.

Impressive member

Holloway will be fucking fuming.

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

Ian Storey-Moore

It wouldn't have happened under Hughton because more than one of those passes were in the Blackpool half and some of them went forwards.
    It wouldn't have happened under Hughton as Johnson wouldn't have been anywhere near that far forward

Last edited by Trents; 19-10-21 at 12:20.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Trents View Post
    It wouldn't have happened under Hughton as nobody would have been anyway near that far forward
    FTFY

Wally Ardron

Quote Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post
    Aye... Central Drive and Lytham Road areas are very depressing. The promenade areas are getting richer and the poorer areas are getting poorer. I've vowed never to return.
    Yeah, just been there Monday - Friday. Lytham Road is even worse since the pandemic (however unlikely that may seem). The Beach Market and the other indoor market next door on Station Road have both closed. Waterloo Road is dominated by charity shops. Those couple of back streets between the waxworks and the Foxhall are deserted, full of boarded up shops. The KFC next to the tower has gone, didn't reopen after this year's lockdown. Merlin has ruined the tower by making it pay per attraction rather than the one admission charge to cover everything.

I've always tried to defend Blackpool. It's the place that my Grandad first took me to when I was 5 years old, when I asked 'What's a Blackpool?'. Where I've sat in the ballroom with both my Grandad and my dad watching Reginald Dixon play 'Storm at Sea'. Where I've built up so many precious memories during childhood and adulthood. I had four fortnight long holidays there between 1994 and 2002, and another in 2008. Even getting beaten unconscious by bouncers and then spending a day in the cells when they framed me for some broken windows in 1996 didn't put me off going. I even drove my Dad along the Golden Mile in a body bag while playing 'I Do Like To Be Beside The Seaside' after he passed away. 2020 was the only year since 1991 when I didn't visit at all. I care about the place as though it's a person.

I'm not going to give up on it somehow being revitalised and returning to former glories, but it is getting so difficult to believe.

Last edited by Forestjones; 24-10-21 at 09:52.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Forestjones View Post
    Yeah, just been there Monday - Friday. Lytham Road is even worse since the pandemic (however unlikely that may seem). The Beach Market and the other indoor market next door on Station Road have both closed. Waterloo Road is dominated by charity shops. Those couple of back streets between the waxworks and the Foxhall are deserted, full of boarded up shops. The KFC next to the tower has gone, didn't reopen after this year's lockdown. Merlin has ruined the tower by making it pay per attraction rather than the one admission charge to cover everything.

I've always tried to defend Blackpool. It's the place that my Grandad first took me to when I was 5 years old, when I asked 'What's a Blackpool?'. Where I've sat in the ballroom with both my Grandad and my dad watching Reginald Dixon play 'Storm at Sea'. Where I've built up so many precious memories during childhood and adulthood. I had four fortnight long holidays there between 1994 and 2002, and another in 2008. Evan getting beaten unconscious by bouncers and then spending a day in the cells when they framed me for some broken windows in 1996 didn't put me off going. I even drove my Dad along the Golden Mile in a body bag while playing 'I Do Like To Be Beside The Seaside' after he passed away. 2020 was the only year since 1991 when I didn't visit at all. I care about the place as though it's a person.

I'm not going to give up on it somehow being revitalised and returning to former glories, but it is getting so difficult to believe.
    I have some very fond memories of Blackpool as a child and indeed back in the day it was a wonderland. To be fair they have made a nice job of the promonade but from there back it is a mess. One of the things I used to love was just to wander around the the funfair taking in all the sights,sounds and smells but now they have made that pay to enter which was a crap move.

On the other hand the last twice I have been in that area I have stayed in Lytham now that is a total flipside of Blackpool.

I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women,. Suddenly, uncritically giving no thought to the pain it could bring. - Nick Hornby

Senior doom Monger

Back to the Match Day!
    Exciting start to the day with a beautiful golden glow all over the morning sky.
    Hope everyone travelling to the game from wherever has a decent journey.
    Hope the Reds secure another win!
    Come on you marvellous Forest Men.

Senior doom Monger

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    Back to the Match Day!
    Exciting start to the day with a beautiful golden glow all over the morning sky.
    Sugar!
    Wrong thread.

Grenville Morris

Quote Originally Posted by alabamared View Post
    I have some very fond memories of Blackpool as a child and indeed back in the day it was a wonderland. To be fair they have made a nice job of the promonade but from there back it is a mess. One of the things I used to love was just to wander around the the funfair taking in all the sights,sounds and smells but now they have made that pay to enter which was a crap move.

On the other hand the last twice I have been in that area I have stayed in Lytham now that is a total flipside of Blackpool.
    Lytham is nice, but an absolute fucking annoying place to have to commute to for eighteen months for work, so I lump it in with Blackpool: shit.

30/09/2021: It's only 8 points to the play-offs. Doesn't matter if we're 20th having lost three times as many games as we've won so far. I fancy us now that Hughton's gone.

Gaff Lad

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    Back to the Match Day!