Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 87

Thread: Be Good Love Brian

      
  1. #26
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    'ull
    Posts
    14,937

    Default Re: Be Good Love Brian

    Can’t wait to get this.


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #27
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    435

    Default Re: Be Good Love Brian

    Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    Craig‘s book has made The Guardian!

    https://www.theguardian.com/football...e_iOSApp_Other
    Very sad article actually 😢


  4. #28
    Matchday Squad
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Canada/Mexico
    Posts
    745

    Default Re: Be Good Love Brian

    Quote Originally Posted by Rigamortis View Post
    3 years ago I posted a thread about a book I've written and while I expected it to be published MUCH sooner, due to challenges (too many to go into) it's finally coming out on November 4th.

    11 of you kindly supported the project and made a donation, in exchange for receiving a book, or a book and a t-shirt.

    The issue is the laptop where I stored the list is "blue screened". So if you were one of tbe 11 please send me a private message so I can get your details. I'm in constant contact with one of the eleven.

    For any one else interested, the book is available to pre order on Amazon and other sites.

    It's being published by Mudlark (Harper Collins) who are one of the worlds major publishing houses. Apologies for the huge delay in publication but it really was out of my control.

    cheers
    Craig

    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Be-Good-Lov...8W33GNMSM4Z42R
    FYI the book is still not listed on Amazon Canada. I'll order it as soon as I can find it there.


  5. #29
    First Team
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In the bath
    Posts
    7,987

    Default Re: Be Good Love Brian

    Blimey what a story, I'll be buying the book..

    We all make mistakes, god knows I have, but if you're truly sorry then there's not much more you can do.

    Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk


  6. #30
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    'ull
    Posts
    14,937

    Default Re: Be Good Love Brian

    I think the amount of people who would have just skulked away from the situation and never faced up to it, or made silly excuses to justify what happened. Craig has clearly felt huge remorse and carried this around with him for a long time and has now almost taken out a front page add in a National newspaper and written a book to confess all. All proceeds are to charity as well so he is making amends. We have all done shit things but Craig has definitely learnt from it and has turned out to be a good guy in my opinion.

    Another thing that is there for all to see is what a family of decent people the Cloughs were / are.


  7. #31
    Jack Armstrong
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cloud Cuckoo Land
    Posts
    30,196

    Default Re: Be Good Love Brian

    I wonder if Craig might come across this thread? If so he needs to cut himself some slack. We all make mistakes in life and we all carry regrets but he shouldn't let what happened dictate the rest of his life. By all accounts he seems like a thoroughly decent bloke.

    30/09/2021: It's only 8 points to the play-offs. Doesn't matter if we're 20th having lost three times as many games as we've won so far. I fancy us now that Hughton's gone.

  8. #32
    Where's me hammer?
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    52,679

    Default Re: Be Good Love Brian

    The stupid things you do as a kid and a young adult. I'll defo be buying it, the link don't seem to work though


  9. #33

    Default Re: Be Good Love Brian

    Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    Craig‘s book has made The Guardian!

    https://www.theguardian.com/football...e_iOSApp_Other
    Oh it's that guy!

    Excellent. I'll be ordering.


  10. #34

    Default Re: Be Good Love Brian

    P.S. Good luck Craig. Helluva story.


  11. #35
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    'ull
    Posts
    14,937

    Default Re: Be Good Love Brian

    Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    I wonder if Craig might come across this thread? If so he needs to cut himself some slack. We all make mistakes in life and we all carry regrets but he shouldn't let what happened dictate the rest of his life. By all accounts he seems like a thoroughly decent bloke.
    He started the thread maxi so hopefully will be back on to read.


  12. #36
    Wally Ardron
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    1,932

    Default Re: Be Good Love Brian

    Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    I wonder if Craig might come across this thread? If so he needs to cut himself some slack. We all make mistakes in life and we all carry regrets but he shouldn't let what happened dictate the rest of his life. By all accounts he seems like a thoroughly decent bloke.
    I'm sure Brian Clough would have wanted Craig to live the rest of his life happily and be the best
    person he can be.


  13. #37
    LTLF Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    100,478

    Default Re: Be Good Love Brian

    I am also looking forward to this book.

    As well as looking like a cracking read, I am hoping as well that it’s something of a redemption for the author.

    „I believe in socialism because it seems more humanitarian, rather than every man for himself and 'I'm alright jack' and all those arsehole businessmen with all the loot. I made up my mind from viewing society from that angle. That's where I'm from and there's where I've made my decisions from. That's why I believe in socialism“

    „Don't forget you're alive. 'Cause sometimes when you walk around the city and you're in a bad mood, you can think, hey, wait a minute, we're alive! We don't know what the next second will bring and what a fantastic thing this is. This can get easily forgotten in the routine of life, and that's something I'm trying to bring to my attention at all times. Don't forget you're alive. We're not dead, you know. This is the greatest thing.”

    — Joe Strummer

  14. #38
    13th Duke of Wybourne
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    knee deep in clunge
    Posts
    49,086

    Default Re: Be Good Love Brian

    What a story.

    If you do read this, I hope the book helps alleviate your struggles, Craig and you find a renewed sense of self from it. Everyone makes mistakes, most are a lot worse than yours, I suppose in their environment you do have to be picky who's in your circle.

    "Ive only met Andy....last week actually and can confirm he is in 2nd place in sexiest fucker on here stakes." -Barry

  15. #39

    Default Re: Be Good Love Brian

    I didn't know this story before reading the article.Some may see it as a little harsh but for me what he did was unforgiveable.

    The Clough family took him under their wing and he threw it all back in their faces with an act of greed and entitlement.

    The Clough family dealt with the situation with more class than I would have, I just think it would have been better for the author to replicate that response by leaving some things unsaid.

    Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk


  16. #40
    Matchday Squad
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,013

    Default Re: Be Good Love Brian

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    The stupid things you do as a kid and a young adult. I'll defo be buying it, the link don't seem to work though
    I shudder when I think of the things I did as a daft young man.

    Imagine being judged for that the rest if your life?

    That Guardian article was remarkable, look forward to reading the book.


  17. #41
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    'ull
    Posts
    14,937

    Default Re: Be Good Love Brian

    Quote Originally Posted by thehockleyhustler View Post
    I didn't know this story before reading the article.Some may see it as a little harsh but for me what he did was unforgiveable.

    The Clough family took him under their wing and he threw it all back in their faces with an act of greed and entitlement.

    The Clough family dealt with the situation with more class than I would have, I just think it would have been better for the author to replicate that response by leaving some things unsaid.

    Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
    I think that is one viewpoint and many people will probably feel the same way including the author himself.

    I agree it was a dreadful thing to do and a kick in the teeth to the family. But surely unforgivable should be saved for far more serious things, or someone who displays these traits endlessly and never changes. We can’t live in a society where one mistake ruins you for the rest of time no matter what follows.

    I think this book will only paint the Cloughs in an amazing light.


  18. #42
    Jack Armstrong
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cloud Cuckoo Land
    Posts
    30,196

    Default Re: Be Good Love Brian

    Quote Originally Posted by thehockleyhustler View Post
    I didn't know this story before reading the article.Some may see it as a little harsh but for me what he did was unforgiveable.

    The Clough family took him under their wing and he threw it all back in their faces with an act of greed and entitlement.

    The Clough family dealt with the situation with more class than I would have, I just think it would have been better for the author to replicate that response by leaving some things unsaid.

    Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
    He was 16 and had been brought up to steal.

    Not a fan of second chances?


  19. #43

    Default Re: Be Good Love Brian

    Quote Originally Posted by thehockleyhustler View Post
    I didn't know this story before reading the article.Some may see it as a little harsh but for me what he did was unforgiveable.

    The Clough family took him under their wing and he threw it all back in their faces with an act of greed and entitlement.

    The Clough family dealt with the situation with more class than I would have, I just think it would have been better for the author to replicate that response by leaving some things unsaid.

    Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
    Thanks to all for the supportive words.

    I'm replying to this one to say, no I don'think you are being harsh at all. It was unforgivable, they did handle it with class and perhaps I should have avoided this particular topic.

    I thought long and hard about that and it would certainly have been easier for me to do.

    The reason I wrote the book is 2 fold. One, up until the point I turned into a shit, it was a beautiful story and one I felt should be told to show exactly what an incredible person BC was and what a beautiful family the Clough'a are.

    To do that I had to be honest about the life I had before I met them. If I then went on to hide what I did the whole book would be a lie. This isn't about what people think of me. It'a about what people think of them. Whatever consequences or criticism I face, I deserve.

    The 2nd reason I wrote it (maybe selfishly because of guilt but also because it's my true charachter) is because I would love to somehow be able to help a kid or two who is in the kind of situation I was as a child, have a better life.

    I hope I can do that, the book has already benefitted 2 childrens charities and a homeless shelter.

    The Clough's did nothing wrong and nothing to deserve what I did. But what rhey did for me should be known.

    If I come out of it badly I deserve that as well. The book isn't a tribute to me. It's a tribute to Brian, Mrs Clough and their kids.

    I really can see your point of view and agree with 99% of it but I hope this at least explains my thinking.

    Cheers
    Craig


  20. #44
    LTLF Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    100,478

    Default Re: Be Good Love Brian

    Quote Originally Posted by Rigamortis View Post
    I hope I can do that, the book has already benefitted 2 childrens charities and a homeless shelter.
    I think, you have.


  21. #45
    Jack Armstrong
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cloud Cuckoo Land
    Posts
    30,196

    Default Re: Be Good Love Brian

    Quote Originally Posted by Rigamortis View Post
    Thanks to all for the supportive words.

    I'm replying to this one to say, no I don'think you are being harsh at all. It was unforgivable, they did handle it with class and perhaps I should have avoided this particular topic.

    I thought long and hard about that and it would certainly have been easier for me to do.

    The reason I wrote the book is 2 fold. One, up until the point I turned into a shit, it was a beautiful story and one I felt should be told to show exactly what an incredible person BC was and what a beautiful family the Clough'a are.

    To do that I had to be honest about the life I had before I met them. If I then went on to hide what I did the whole book would be a lie. This isn't about what people think of me. It'a about what people think of them. Whatever consequences or criticism I face, I deserve.

    The 2nd reason I wrote it (maybe selfishly because of guilt but also because it's my true charachter) is because I would love to somehow be able to help a kid or two who is in the kind of situation I was as a child, have a better life.

    I hope I can do that, the book has already benefitted 2 childrens charities and a homeless shelter.

    The Clough's did nothing wrong and nothing to deserve what I did. But what rhey did for me should be known.

    If I come out of it badly I deserve that as well. The book isn't a tribute to me. It's a tribute to Brian, Mrs Clough and their kids.

    I really can see your point of view and agree with 99% of it but I hope this at least explains my thinking.

    Cheers
    Craig
    Craig - If there's one thing you take from the book, it should be to forgive yourself.

    Don't feel the need to do things because you have to make amends for something decades ago when you were a child. Do it because you want to, because you're a good person, and then realise you are that person.

    Brian wouldn't want you to be punishing yourself throughout your life would he?

    Come and join us all at a Forest game sometime too.


  22. #46

    Default Re: Be Good Love Brian

    Quote Originally Posted by Rigamortis View Post
    Thanks to all for the supportive words.

    I'm replying to this one to say, no I don'think you are being harsh at all. It was unforgivable, they did handle it with class and perhaps I should have avoided this particular topic.

    I thought long and hard about that and it would certainly have been easier for me to do.

    The reason I wrote the book is 2 fold. One, up until the point I turned into a shit, it was a beautiful story and one I felt should be told to show exactly what an incredible person BC was and what a beautiful family the Clough'a are.

    To do that I had to be honest about the life I had before I met them. If I then went on to hide what I did the whole book would be a lie. This isn't about what people think of me. It'a about what people think of them. Whatever consequences or criticism I face, I deserve.

    The 2nd reason I wrote it (maybe selfishly because of guilt but also because it's my true charachter) is because I would love to somehow be able to help a kid or two who is in the kind of situation I was as a child, have a better life.

    I hope I can do that, the book has already benefitted 2 childrens charities and a homeless shelter.

    The Clough's did nothing wrong and nothing to deserve what I did. But what rhey did for me should be known.

    If I come out of it badly I deserve that as well. The book isn't a tribute to me. It's a tribute to Brian, Mrs Clough and their kids.

    I really can see your point of view and agree with 99% of it but I hope this at least explains my thinking.

    Cheers
    Craig
    Fair play for putting your point across Craig.

    Knowing you were likely to read it, I did think carefully about writing my post. I'm sure you have loads of stories in the book which are fascinating and the ending makes for a great climax for the reader. However, given how it did end, I can't help but feel the family won't want their story told by someone they will feel betrayed them.

    Anyway, my opinion counts for little. Good luck with the book though, I hope in some way it gives you some closure.

    Last edited by thehockleyhustler; 31-10-21 at 16:08.

  23. #47
    Rice # 42
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    The Hucknall
    Posts
    6,704

    Default Re: Be Good Love Brian

    I'm sure Craig cleared it with Simon and Nigel first.


  24. #48
    First Team
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In the bath
    Posts
    7,987

    Default Re: Be Good Love Brian

    What's the point of half a story? All credit to Craig for being completely honest, it can't have been easy.

    Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk


  25. #49
    Wally Ardron
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    On the Brexit Border
    Posts
    1,861

    Default Re: Be Good Love Brian

    Quote Originally Posted by thehockleyhustler View Post
    Fair play for putting your point across Craig.

    Knowing you were likely to read it, I did think carefully about writing my post. I'm sure you have loads of stories in the book which are fascinating and the ending makes for a great climax for the reader. However, given how it did end, I can't help but feel the family won't want their story told by someone they will feel betrayed them.

    Anyway, my opinion counts for little. Good luck with the book though, I hope in some way it gives you some closure.
    When I shuffle off my mortal coil I sincerely hope that I won’t meet you guarding StPeter’s gate Hockleyhustler.


  26. #50
    Wally Ardron
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Dirty Derby
    Posts
    2,182

    Default Re: Be Good Love Brian

    Quote Originally Posted by Neurotica View Post
    I’ve preordered mine but it says it comes out November 11th.
    Me too


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •