Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    First Team

Default Re: January 2022 Transfer Window

It’s not impossible that we will be losing our entire right side of the team in January. If offers come in for Worrall and Johnson and Boro recall Spence.
    I wouldn’t be surprised if Villa make a double ‘swoop’ for Joe & Brennan for around the £30m mark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your palms are holding her neck and thumbs are at her ears regulating the speed of her head as she swallows and then sucks up your machinery. She is topping up your engine oil for the cross-country coming up. Your RPM is hitting a new high. To wait any longer would be to lose prime time... She picks up a Bugatti's momentum. You want her more at a Volkswagen's steady trot. Squeeze the maximum mileage out of your gallon of gas. But she's eating up the road with all cylinders blazing.

Aniruddha Bahal (Bunker 13

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

First Team

Default Re: Winter 2022 Transfer Window

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    There are persistent rumours that we are in advanced talks with several players from Scandinavia (including Bjorkan, whom I've mentioned more than once, an unnamed CB and an unnamed central midfielder), and it still seems reasonable to assume that joint scouting in the area may involve players for you as well, given that this would fit Murphy's MO and that Scandinavian players should have no trouble adjusting to the Championship.
    The central midfielder is Mohammed Diomandé, 20 years old, from Ivory Coast, playing for Nordsjaelland in Norway for the last year and a half. Very impressive in videos:

Very impressive in videos, for someone in his first year of professional football.

Wally Ardron

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    Potential Figueiredo replacement? Seems like we are sniffing around players whose contracts are up in the summer.
    Or more likely Joe.

Based on his interview with Chippers I'd be very surprised if he was here after January. He basically gave notice that if anyone in the prem wants him hes off....

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    from what i have read of John Souttar , he has a history with injuries , sounds about right to fit the criteria for a forest signing.
    Ironically he's potentially set for Stoke to replace his brother Harry who is out for the rest of the season.

Sent from my moto g(30) using Tapatalk

Grenville Morris

Someone like Souttar would be a Figgy replacement, straight into the centre of a back three.

If we're looking for a Worrall replacement he needs to be more comfortable on the ball than Souttar, both in passing and carrying out into midfield areas when space allows. We will have other names on our list fit that type of role, Souttar doesn't fit it.

30/09/2021: It's only 8 points to the play-offs. Doesn't matter if we're 20th having lost three times as many games as we've won so far. I fancy us now that Hughton's gone.

Grenville Morris

Someone like Souttar would be a Figgy replacement, straight into the centre of a back three where the remit is to win headers and not much else.

If we're looking for a Worrall replacement he needs to be more comfortable on the ball than Souttar, both in passing and carrying out into midfield areas when space allows. We will have other names on our list fit that type of role, Souttar doesn't fit it.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    The central midfielder is Mohammed Diomandé, 20 years old, from Ivory Coast, playing for Nordsjaelland in Norway for the last year and a half. Very impressive in videos:

Very impressive in videos, for someone in his first year of professional football.
    came from the right to dream academy in ghana. one of them - kamaldeen was already sold to rennes for 20 million euros. diomande journey ..

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    Someone like Souttar would be a Figgy replacement, straight into the centre of a back three.

I'd say mbe soh is the worral replacement. It's a shame his injury occurred when he was breaking into the side and we started playing 3 at the back

First Team

Someone like Souttar would be a Figgy replacement, straight into the centre of a back three where the remit is to win headers and not much else.

From what I've seen, Souttar does fit that role. He's far more of a Footballer than a head it & kick it type. Not the tallest either.

Wally Ardron

A relatively inexpensive forward option, like Danny Loader, might be feasible and right type of signing for the FFP books.

He was part of the SC U17 World Cup winning squad, doesn't have long to run on his current deal and much more importantly will likely have plenty left to prove and scope for improvement.

Potentially getting more experienced players to rediscover previous form is much harder than taking a relatively inexpensive gamble on a youngster.

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by Green Jumper View Post
    A relatively inexpensive forward option, like Danny Loader, might be feasible and right type of signing for the FFP books.

He was part of the SC U17 World Cup winning squad, doesn't have long to run on his current deal and much more importantly will likely have plenty left to prove and scope for improvement.

Potentially getting more experienced players to rediscover previous form is much harder than taking a relatively inexpensive gamble on a youngster.
    Porto have a two year option on his deal and he just scored his first goal for the first team so I can see them taking it, even if just to get a fee/loan fee from him.

Grenville Morris

I still think this window predominantly needs to be used to set us up for summer so we can plan early, and get players in the door early so they are available for training on the first day of pre-season.

Players like Taylor, Colback, Figgy and Cafu, maybe Hovarth could be sold for a combined £6m-£8m if we're lucky, maybe closer £3m. We're not going to use any of them for the rest of the season really and they'd be sold in Summer anyway, so lets make those transfers happen now so we're not having to waste time on them in summer when we can have already moved on.

Obviously we'd need to bring in a striker, but it could just be a cheap six month loan to tide us over. We may also want to try and source a young left back if we can't/don't want to recall Iannou, who's not quite ready for Championship football but might be next season, who can be understudy to Lowe for the rest of the season and learn from him so he's ready for next season.

A squad in the second half of this season that is something like:

GK: Samba, Smith
    RB/RWB: Drager, Richardson
    RCB: Worrall, Mbe Soh
    LCB: McKenna, Harbottle, Fernandes,
    LB/LWB: Lowe, NewYoung
    DM(playmaker): Garner, Fornah, Back
    DM(boxtobox): Yates, Ojeda
    RW/IR: Johnson, Lolley
    LW/IL: Zinks, Mighten
    #10: Carvalho
    ST: Grabban, CheapLoan, Taylor(Dale)

That assumes Spence returns to Middlesborough, Tutu retires and would leave just Bong and Jenkinson in the bomb squad (who are both out of contract at the end of the year). The only "senior" player not listed is Xande Silva, who I have no idea what we should do with.

That squad is good enough to tide us over in mid-table to end the of the season, introduces a cohort of new young players who will get valuable experience, reduces the wage bill and allows us to see who of the new players we want to keep for next season having seem how they fare in games.

By summer you can start to plot a squad of something like:

RB/RWB: New, Richardson
    LCB: McKenna, Harbottle, Fernandes
    LB/LWB: New, New
    DM(playmaker): Fornah, Back
    LW/IL: Mighten, New
    ST: New, Grabban, Taylor(Dale)

But by then you've still got the £3m-£7m from January to spend and you've taken Bong and Jenkinson off the wage bill (in addition to those sold in January) so we should have at least some flexibility before we even consider selling Worrall or Johnson for a significant sum to give us even more fire power.

So, I don't expect a lot of players in in January. We might get a couple of loans in, we might take another risk on a random Paraguyan, but there's not going to be a massive push for new blood to get us up, it's just got to be more considered than that.

Nigel Clough

I still think this window predominantly needs to be used to set us up for summer so we can plan early, and get players in the door early so they are available for training on the first day of pre-season.

Players like Taylor, Colback, Figgy and Cafu, maybe Hovarth could be sold for a combined £6m-£8m if we're lucky, maybe closer £3m. We're not going to use any of them for the rest of the season really and they'd be sold in Summer anyway, so lets make those transfers happen now so we're not having to waste time on them in summer when we can have already moved on.

Obviously we'd need to bring in a striker, but it could just be a cheap six month loan to tide us over. We may also want to try and source a young left back if we can't/don't want to recall Iannou, who's not quite ready for Championship football but might be next season, who can be understudy to Lowe for the rest of the season and learn from him so he's ready for next season.

A squad in the second half of this season that is something like:

RB/RWB: Drager, Richardson
    LCB: McKenna, Harbottle, Fernandes,
    LB/LWB: Lowe, NewYoung
    DM(playmaker): Garner, Fornah, Back
    LW/IL: Zinks, Mighten
    ST: Grabban, CheapLoan, Taylor(Dale)

That assumes Spence returns to Middlesborough, Tutu retires and would leave just Bong and Jenkinson in the bomb squad (who are both out of contract at the end of the year). The only "senior" player not listed is Xande Silva, who I have no idea what we should do with.

That squad is good enough to tide us over in mid-table to end the of the season, introduces a cohort of new young players who will get valuable experience, reduces the wage bill and allows us to see who of the new players we want to keep for next season having seem how they fare in games.

By summer you can start to plot a squad of something like:

RB/RWB: New, Richardson
    LCB: McKenna, Harbottle, Fernandes
    LB/LWB: New, New
    DM(playmaker): Fornah, Back
    LW/IL: Mighten, New
    ST: New, Grabban, Taylor(Dale)

But by then you've still got the £3m-£7m from January to spend and you've taken Bong and Jenkinson off the wage bill (in addition to those sold in January) so we should have at least some flexibility before we even consider selling Worrall or Johnson for a significant sum to give us even more fire power.

So, I don't expect a lot of players in in January. We might get a couple of loans in, we might take another risk on a random Paraguyan, but there's not going to be a massive push for new blood to get us up, it's just got to be more considered than that.
    I don’t think we’d even get 2m from selling the players you suggest and that’s not worth gutting a whole load of our squad depth for the second half of the season in my opinion.

Also, we’re not going to use Colback? He’s been excellent recently and Cooper has been singing his praises. Weird thought that we should get rid because we won’t use him.

Pretty risky to be relying on Mbe Soh and kids as our only alternatives to Worrall and McKenna too, this season or next. LMS hasn’t proven that he can stay fit for more than about 2 months, even when playing rarely.

The most important thing about January is that we don’t lumber ourselves with expensive mistakes like we did with Bong, just when it looks like we will be finally shedding a load of bloated wage bill in the summer.

If we are going to sign another South American, I’d do it in January so he can hit the ground running next season.

Otherwise, I wouldn’t do a huge amount. Probably try and pinch Buchanan from Derby on the cheap so we never have to see Bong again and with an eye ln next year. Give Drager a chance if Djed goes back. Maybe chance our arm with a 2m bid on a player who is out of contract in the summer, or use the last loan slot on a try before you buy type loan of a forward (Maja or Suzuki?) but we’re not desperate for numbers I don’t think.

Next summer we could conceivably pay quite big wages for two full-backs and a striker, just by letting Bong, Grabban and Jenkinson go. I’d say they are the three main areas of concern at the moment.

Grenville Morris

I added Colback in to my list as an edit, so yeah I agree he will still be used but I do think we could look to ship him out in January as for me at least he's not any better than Yates, Garner and, from the very short amount of what we've seen of them, Ojeda and Fornah too, and you know he's going to be on 4x all of their wages.

Anyway, it's less about individual names and more about the wider picture of streamlining so that we can be razor focused on what we want in summer rather than panicking and bringing in make do's late on in the window like we did this year. If Cooper wants Colback fine, who am I to judge?

Grenville Morris

Following players are out of contract in 2022, are of sufficient quality to improve on what Forest have (either in first team, or squad), all have 7+ years of their career left and all should be within realistic wage expectations:

- Lee Buchanan (Derby, Left Back)
    - Jed Wallace (Millwall, Winger)
    - John Swift (Reading, Centre Midfield)
    - Alfie Mawson (Fulham, Centre Back)
    - Ben Osborn (Sheff Utd, Multiple)
    - Simon Sluga (Luton, GK)
    - James Bree (Luton, Right Back)
    - Harry Toffolo (Huddersfield, Left Back)
    - Joe Rothwell (Blackburn, Centre Midfield)
    - Yan Dhanda (Swansea, Attacking Midfield)
    - Jarrad Braithwaite (Everton, Centre Back)
    - Ben Johnson (West Ham, Right Back)

Wonder if Coops will try for Dhanda given we sometimes play 4-2-3-1 and he's choosing to play a winger (Zink or Lolley) in the #10 slot.

Matchday Squad

Default Re: January 2022 Transfer Window

I know I keep mentioning it and the chances of it happening are very unlikely, but i'd love it if we could some how get Daryl Dike

Nigel Clough

Following players are out of contract in 2022, are of sufficient quality to improve on what Forest have (either in first team, or squad), all have 7+ years of their career left and all should be within realistic wage expectations:

- Lee Buchanan (Derby, Left Back)
    - Jed Wallace (Millwall, Winger)
    - John Swift (Reading, Centre Midfield)
    - Alfie Mawson (Fulham, Centre Back)
    - Ben Osborn (Sheff Utd, Multiple)
    - Simon Sluga (Luton, GK)
    - James Bree (Luton, Right Back)
    - Harry Toffolo (Huddersfield, Left Back)
    - Joe Rothwell (Blackburn, Centre Midfield)
    - Yan Dhanda (Swansea, Attacking Midfield)
    - Jarrad Braithwaite (Everton, Centre Back)
    - Ben Johnson (West Ham, Right Back)

Wonder if Coops will try for Dhanda given we sometimes play 4-2-3-1 and he's choosing to play a winger (Zink or Lolley) in the #10 slot.
    Sluga is terrible.

I think Swift will go to the PL and Ben Johnson is keeping Coufal out of the team so he’s not going anywhere soon.

But I think we could get Buchanan and Wallace and wouldn’t be averse to Osborn coming back either.

First Team

Ryan Ledson isn't getting much of a look in at PNE right now. Would definitely take a look at him as a long term replacement for Garner in CM.