Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Matchday 8: Huddersfield Town Fan Comments

Gaff Lad

Default Re: Matchday 8: Huddersfield Town Fan Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer Jack View Post
    Having read those cuntish, ignorant comments in the first post, the victory is now even sweeter.
    My thoughts exactly.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by oxonred View Post
    Thanks Calvin good read.

What is it with these comments about scabs, I suspect most of them weren't even born, when all that was going on.
    Carrying that shit on is almost as sad as racists carrying on their parent's ignorant views.

If they can use their brain a bit and move on, they'll be happier in their souls.

Wally Ardron

Pre-game comments suggested they were believing the hype of their decent start to the season, but I thought their comments after the game were generally pretty fair.

On a different note, can people commenting on Calvin's original post not quote him as it's a pain in the arse having to scroll through his entire post again to get to a two line comment.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by oxonred View Post
    Thanks Calvin good read.

What is it with these comments about scabs, I suspect most of them weren't even born, when all that was going on.
    Which is ironic when you consider that Yorkshire clubs always state the we live in the past, yet they bang on about something that isn't too far away (in time) from when we won the European cup.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy22 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer Jack View Post

Viv Anderson

Nigel Clough

An odd bunch with some very angry supporters but others who gave a fair assessment of the game. I think a few have been reading this thread judging by the way they are losing it on there.

Thanks for posting Calvin.

Wally Ardron

It's becoming about as relevant as Towns glory years in the 20s as there becomes fewer people around who actually witnessed it.

As if anyone over one hundred can remember anything..

Matchday Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blonde View Post
    One of the biggest myths going is that Forest weren't a successful club until Clough came along

Twice FA Cup winners and Football League runners-up before Brian came along
    Yes,but Forest pre BC had spent their entire existence drifting mainly between the top and second tiers-even one
    of the FA Cup wins was 1898(and won only one trophy last century before Clough arrived).
    Sure,we had a good season in 1966/67,but BC took the club to a different hemisphere-and since he left we have
    returned to being provincial makeweights.

Quote Originally Posted by MC Plantpot View Post
    Do I read this right? Forest fans live in the past due to European Cup wins, and then, by the same fans accusing us of doing so, are called scabs?
    They would have to live a lot further back in their past to have something really good to celebrate. I think they spent most of the seventies and 80s in the 3rd and 4th didn't they and have been down there again for spells since haven't they?

Matchday Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Cloughie1975 View Post
    Sure,we had a good season in 1966/67,but BC took the club to a different hemisphere-and since he left we have returned to being provincial makeweights.
    Mate Cloughie took us out of the stratosphere and into outer space!

I just don't buy this argument which some people make that our trajectory as a club has been: dogshit - Cloughie - dogshit

Although admittedly I don't see anyone claiming that in those comments

First Team

Mate Cloughie took us out of the stratosphere and into outer space!

I just don't buy this argument which some people make that our trajectory as a club has been: dogshit - Cloughie - dogshit

Although admittedly I don't see anyone claiming that in those comments
    It is largely true though, especially the last bit. Though we weren't absolute turd before Clough arrived, the more recent of our 2 FA Cup wins was what, 15 years ago, and we were largely where we are now when he took over.

And what have we done since? In his last season we got relegated, admittedly we did go straight back up again, but since Clough retired which was what, almost 30 years ago now, we have had two seasons which haven't resulted in relegation from the PL, which admittedly weren't too bad as they included a 3rd place finish and 1 FA Cup QF as well as the same in UEFA Cup, but we haven't even really yo-yo since between the PL and Championship. Aside from a couple of brushes with the play offs and a couple of years in L1 we haven't done anything but tread water in the 2nd tier.

Matchday Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Statto View Post
    It is largely true though, especially the last bit. Though we weren't absolute turd before Clough arrived, the more recent of our 2 FA Cup wins was what, 15 years ago, and we were largely where we are now when he took over.

And what have we done since? In his last season we got relegated, admittedly we did go straight back up again, but since Clough retired which was what, almost 30 years ago now, we have had two seasons which haven't resulted in relegation from the PL, which admittedly weren't too bad as they included a 3rd place finish and 1 FA Cup QF as well as the same in UEFA Cup, but we haven't even really yo-yo since between the PL and Championship. Aside from a couple of brushes with the play offs and a couple of years in L1 we haven't done anything but tread water in the 2nd tier.
    My original post was about Forest before Clough took over

Since Clough left we have been 99% utter toilet

TLDR: we've actually been more: half-decent - Cloughie - dogshit

Last edited by Mr. Blonde; 19-09-21 at 20:47.

Matchday Squad

We hardly covered ourselves in glory pre Clough-failing to trouble the top flight between 1925-57,followed by
    a better spell until 1967 when we embarked on another slump until BC arrived.

I think it was more dogshit 1925-57, half decent with peaks in 1959 FA Cup win and 2nd place in 1966-7 decline to pretty rubbish around 1970 and fall to the second division, then the man arrived.

Look at that spell 1925-26 to 1956-1957 that's our record time outside of the top flight and included the war years. This is our 23rd season outside of the top flight. Discounting the war, I make it that we were 25 seasons outside the top flight between 1925 and 1957. We need a promotion VERY soon or this will be our longest spell outside the top flight

Quote Originally Posted by Cloughie1975 View Post
    We hardly covered ourselves in glory pre Clough-failing to trouble the top flight between 1925-57,followed by
    a better spell until 1967 when we embarked on another slump until BC arrived.
    Beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post
    I'm proud of my club's history.

F**K 'EM!
    Their 'Brian Clough' was Herbert Chapman who was responsible for their FA Cup win and their three First Division championship wins (One was won by the team he'd built the season after he left to manage Arsenal where he won two more titles)

Matchday Squad

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Red Till Dead View Post
    I think it was more dogshit 1925-57, half decent with peaks in 1959 FA Cup win and 2nd place in 1966-7 decline to pretty rubbish around 1970 and fall to the second division, then the man arrived.

Look at that spell 1925-26 to 1956-1957 that's our record time outside of the top flight and included the war years. This is our 23rd season outside of the top flight. Discounting the war, I make it that we were 25 seasons outside the top flight between 1925 and 1957. We need a promotion VERY soon or this will be our longest spell outside the top flight
    True,but I always include the war years to give us another 9 to return to the top flight!

Grenville Morris

All this talk about us being delusional is ridiculous.

In sports, we have the present season that our team is apart of then itís history that It was apart of. Why canít we be proud? Why canít that pride drive our expectations?

I am a fan of the San Francisco 49ers who were basically the same successful team as cloughies forest team was. Us niner fans constantly remember and talk about those Halcyon days under Bill Walsh.

Why is it such a negative thing for us with forest to do the same? Itís a GINORMOUS achievement for a club like us to ever grace that tournamentÖ.let alone win it!

I suspect a lot of their hatred stems from the miner strike situation, I see they call us scabs a few times in their comments. They talk about how most of our fans havenít witnessed the European cup win, Iím sure most of their fans werent apart of the union strikes either. They most definitely know someone who were, like their granddad or dad.

Such a weird thing to be angry at us about, seems mainly like projection from the smaller club in Yorkshire.

Matchday Squad

I take umbrage them thinking that we don't know how fucking shit we are. We're all very aware.

Last edited by Canadian_red; 21-09-21 at 21:36.

Matchday Squad

We've hardly covered ourselves in glory for 99% of our history

I was just trying to big us up rather than being a fucking Debbie Downer

Geez

Impressive member

I thought Huddersfield was just a scruffy part of Leeds.

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

Wally Ardron

go abroad, tell 'em your from Nottingham and no matter where in the world you are they will say Robin Hood and Forest/Clough
    go abroad, tell 'em your from Huddersfield and no matter where in the world you are they will say, Where? Is it near London?

That's what history gives you and that's why we should be proud of our club and our city, regardless of how shit we were pre or post old big 'ead

Ian Storey-Moore

Fuck Hudds we’re the best