Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NOTTINGHAM FOREST WEAR RED

Viv Anderson

Default Re: NOTTINGHAM FOREST WEAR RED

Quote Originally Posted by Notcher View Post
    We would have had to wear either the navy blue or bright yellow shorts with it and there would have been folk kicking off about that too

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
    Not ideal but Red shirts and Navy shorts preferable to rocking up in a clown outfit

What is really required if the EFL have invited this pathetic rule 133 years after the formation of the league is some thought being put into the colours of the away strip, instead trying to be 'out there' with a wacky kit just have White shirts with Red shorts and if necessary an all Yellow third kit.

There look, problem solved and it took only a few seconds.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Gaff Lad

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    It’s all about the money.

This is one of the things that annoys me about modern football. Forest should play in our colours unless there’s a clash, which there wasn’t at the weekend. I’m also sick of seeing away clubs come to the CG wearing black/lime green/grey kits etc when their colours are blue.

I preferred the days when clubs had their own distinctive colours, but if anything they will be looking for more commercial opportunities rather than fewer, so don’t rule out a proliferation of kit colours.

I also preferred the days when clubs were distinguishable on the pitch by their club badge. These days they’re distinguishable by their sponsors.

It’s all about the money.
    I fully agree with all of this, Rav.

Gaff Lad

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Yates View Post
    Not ideal but Red shirts and Navy shorts preferable to rocking up in a clown outfit

What is really required if the EFL have invited this pathetic rule 133 years after the formation of the league is some thought being put into the colours of the away strip, instead trying to be 'out there' with a wacky kit just have White shirts with Red shorts and if necessary an all Yellow third kit.

Well said Yatesy.

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post
    We wore the white 'Home Ales' and 'Shippo's' shirts, wasn't a problem. Forest wore white away shirts in the 1960s too.
    Yes but league rules have changed. You can only register 3 different colours of shorts for the season. We had no choice, other than to wear an away kit unless we wanted to wear a set of shorts that didn't match.

Upper Decker

There was a clash. Huddersfield wear white shorts. We either had to wear our away blue or yellow shorts with the red kit or just wear the full away kit. I don't know what people don't understand about that.

Garabaldi red shorts instead of white would have been sufficient.

THE TRUTH IS THERE AND WITH IT I GO TO THE END OF THE WORLD .

Gaff Lad

Yes but league rules have changed. You can only register 3 different colours of shorts for the season. We had no choice, other than to wear an away kit unless we wanted to wear a set of shorts that didn't match.

Red shirts, blue shorts. Sorted.

Ian Storey-Moore

Not really. That doesn't make sense for the club. Why would we want the club to lose a considerable amount of money just so wear a red kit at Huddersfield?

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    Garabaldi red shorts instead of white would have been sufficient.
    I don't know how many times I have to explain it. We couldn't wear red shorts. We can only register 3 different colours for the season

Ian Storey-Moore

Take aside the fact we couldn't really wear the red kit, it amazes me that the same people who have an issue with the club not maximising revenue potential, have an issue with us having the third kit that can generate more revenue, especially on the basis of its colour.

There is more revenue potential in having a having a third kit. The colour choice is clearly aimed at a younger audience. Those who have children playing grassroots football only have to look at the garish colour boots they nearly all choose, for the record I'm old school, black Copa mundials every day for me.

From a commercial sponsorship front it's highly possible that the financial deal could be greater having a third kit. Although we play the same number of games it's likely shirt sales overall will be greater because as above children & teenagers will want the bright colours. From a marketing perspective that means the shirt and therefore sponsors will be seen in public more often.

Viv Anderson

Not really. That doesn't make sense for the club. Why would we want the club to lose a considerable amount of money just so wear a red kit at Huddersfield?

Do you really believe there are a significant amount of people that would buy that Orange & Yellow abomination that wouldn't buy a White away kit or a Yellow third kit

Gaff Lad

Take aside the fact we couldn't really wear the red kit, it amazes me that the same people who have an issue with the club not maximising revenue potential, have an issue with us having the third kit that can generate more revenue, especially on the basis of its colour.

There is more revenue potential in having a having a third kit. The colour choice is clearly aimed at a younger audience. Those who have children playing grassroots football only have to look at the garish colour boots they nearly all choose, for the record I'm old school, black Copa mundials every day for me.

From a commercial sponsorship front it's highly possible that the financial deal could be greater having a third kit. Although we play the same number of games it's likely shirt sales overall will be greater because as above children & teenagers will want the bright colours. From a marketing perspective that means the shirt and therefore sponsors will be seen in public more often.

I fully understand all this Notcher. I take your point on board. The point Eddie and myself are making is; IF we must have a third kit, no need for the tinpot away colours. The point you have made can be done using our traditional white and/or yellow away colours. Forest should wear 'Forest' home or 'Forest' away colours, not flashy novelty shite at any given excuse.

Kids will wear any Forest kit no matter what.

Gaff Lad

Do you really believe there are a significant amount of people that would buy that Orange & Yellow abomination that wouldn't buy a White away kit or a Yellow third kit
    Spot on Eddie. Kids will wear any Forest colours.

Ian Storey-Moore

Spot on Eddie. Kids will wear any Forest colours.
    Not true. Both my kids choose the yellow one and wouldn't have had the blue and pink one. They could have had it too if they wanted it but they weren't bothered.

Yep. Never had third kits back in the day.
    Back in the day both teams were covered in mud (especially in games at the Baseball Ground) and they still worked out who was who.

Warp Speed Chic

I bought the third one, first time I've bought a Macron shirt.

I'll not be buying the blue one because it looks too much like those bellends at Red Bull F1

Gaff Lad

Not true. Both my kids choose the yellow one and wouldn't have had the blue and pink one. They could have had it too if they wanted it but they weren't bothered.

They chose what was on offer and THAT’s the point I’m making.

Wally Ardron

Yep. Never had third kits back in the day.
    I think they did.

In the 1960ís they had the Red and White for home, white shirts with black shorts for an away clash, and an all blue strip as a third choice.

When we played a Scottish team in the Anglo-Scottish cup in about 1969 ish, there must have been some clash, as Aierie or Ayr United (canít remember who it was) played in Forests blue third strip.

Ian Storey-Moore

They chose what was on offer and THATís the point Iím making.
    You're massively missing the point.

They chose not to have the blue kit too even though they could of had it additionally to the yellow one. They didn't want the blue kit and wouldn't of had it even it was the only one on offer. Without the third strip the club would have got NOTHING. With it they made £176 from me. That's the point I'm making.

Last edited by Notcher; 20-09-21 at 13:24.

Gaff Lad

You're massively missing the point.

They chose not to have the blue kit too even though they could of had it additionally to the yellow one. They didn't want the blue kit and wouldn't of had it even it was the only one on offer. Without the third strip the club would have got NOTHING. With it they made an £176 from me. That's the point I'm making.

Ok.

Viv Anderson

Third kits are just an excuse to rip the fans off, if fans keep paying it they'll keep doing it

Wonder why the EFL brought in this stupid rule of shorts not being allowed to clash?

Ian Storey-Moore

Third kits are just an excuse to rip the fans off, if fans keep paying it they'll keep doing it

Wonder why the EFL brought in this stupid rule of shorts not being allowed to clash?
    You've got a choice whether to buy it or not with other choices available and a clear cost in front of you. That's not the definition off being ripped off.

The club are simply trying to capatilise on commercial opportunities which brings revenue into the club, we have a choice whether we make an additional purchase. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Last edited by Notcher; 20-09-21 at 15:14.

Ok.
    Spiderman.

It's only a rip off if you decide you need every kit every year.

If you're just buying one kit a year then you have more to choose from.

If you want to have a rant about anything then how about why less than a quids worth of material is so expensive - that is what is really ripping the fans off.

Grenville Morris

I don't know how many times I have to explain it. We couldn't wear red shorts. We can only register 3 different colours for the season
    Which wouldn't be a problem if the away kit was white shirt/red shorts.

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by adam09 View Post
    Which wouldn't be a problem if the away kit was white shirt/red shorts.
    Apparently the blue away kit is the best selling ever. So are we saying we'd rather have a white away kit than have additional revenue generated by a kit which has outsold any white kit to it previously?

I honestly don't understand what peoples issue is over the away kits when it's clearly bringing in much needed revenue to the club. It's your own personal preference to have a white kit, it's clearly many others to have something different whilst the club benefits financially.