Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

View Poll Results: Udders v Forest!

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Udders Win -BOOOOOOOO!

13 27.08%
  • Forest Win - Steven Reid‘s Red n White Army!

13 27.08%
  • The Draw

9 18.75%
  • Radoslaw Majewski

13 27.08%
Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Matchday #8 thread: Huddersfield Town Vs Nottingham Forest

Matchday Squad

Default Re: Official Matchday #8 thread: Huddersfield Town Vs Nottingham Forest

Quote Originally Posted by Dogtits View Post
    I don’t believe their assessment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perhaps not,but many supporters DO believe the assessment of an ex-England international and very experienced
    commentator who have played and watched many games.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Grenville Morris

Quote Originally Posted by Cloughie1975 View Post
    Perhaps not,but many supporters DO believe the assessment of an ex-England international and very experienced
    commentator who have played and watched many games.
    Good for those supporters, I could care less what they want to believe in.

Seeing what Yates and Garner were told to do while Grabban was told to be a creative no10, i'll give these shitheads the slight benefit of doubt. We'll see in a couple of months if Colin Fray and Steve Hodge were right.

I do not believe this is the worst squad we've ever had nor do I believe that this squad is composed of lower league players.

the squad that started against Boro:
    horvath, Mbe Soh, Worrall, Mckenna, Lowe, Johnson, Yates, Garner, Zinc, Grabban, Taylor.

You're telling me that the team above is league 1/2 quality or at least not Championship quality?? Are you kidding me?

Listen, i'm not saying that Colin Fray's and Steve Hodge's opinion is invalid nor are their reputations to be scoffed at but for fuck sake its plainly obvious that CH was cucking the hell out of our players!

The Foam Hand

Probably our toughest game since Bournemouth based on form?

Dunno what to predict. The players body language will tell us a lot about how they felt about Hughton and his system though. We’ll either awake from our slumber or get turned over by the Yorkshire Puddings.

An optimistic 1-1.

Matchday Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Statto View Post
    Alfie Clarke (Arthur off Emmerdale) is also one of them.
    I don't know who that is because I don't watch Emmerdale but good to know!

Matchday Squad

Good for those supporters, I could care less what they want to believe in.

Seeing what Yates and Garner were told to do while Grabban was told to be a creative no10, i'll give these shitheads the slight benefit of doubt. We'll see in a couple of months if Colin Fray and Steve Hodge were right.

I do not believe this is the worst squad we've ever had nor do I believe that this squad is composed of lower league players.

the squad that started against Boro:
    horvath, Mbe Soh, Worrall, Mckenna, Lowe, Johnson, Yates, Garner, Zinc, Grabban, Taylor.

You're telling me that the team above is league 1/2 quality or at least not Championship quality?? Are you kidding me?

Listen, i'm not saying that Colin Fray's and Steve Hodge's opinion is invalid nor are their reputations to be scoffed at but for fuck sake its plainly obvious that CH was cucking the hell out of our players!
    Some more comments from ex-players this season(who have no axe to grind against Forest).
    Garry Birtles-It's unbelievable we didn't sign a striker.
    Paul Anderson-They remind me of the Ipswich side that went down 3 years ago-nothing up front and too many
    young players.
    Steve Sutton-We need better players but it's difficult to get them.
    Brian Laws also sounded very downbeat.
    As you say,Dogtits,now that CH has left we shall find out the real truth.

Grenville Morris

Quote Originally Posted by Cloughie1975 View Post
    Some more comments from ex-players this season(who have no axe to grind against Forest).
    Garry Birtles-It's unbelievable we didn't sign a striker.
    Paul Anderson-They remind me of the Ipswich side that went down 3 years ago-nothing up front and too many
    young players.
    Steve Sutton-We need better players but it's difficult to get them.
    Brian Laws also sounded very downbeat.
    As you say,Dogtits,now that CH has left we shall find out the real truth.
    Birtles is right, although Maja has a shit back so I'd rather not waste the money on him if he were to be a crock.

Paul anderson - If you look at the team in 2017/18 they looked to have a solid team. And had Mick McCarthy. Then they fired Mick(as a result of the fans being "fed up"), sold a few of their players and never improved the squad.
    If you compare the squad between 2017/18 and 2018/19, they absolutely shat the bed IMO. I think it all fell with the firing of Mick which had them firing as whole then replacing him with Paul Hurst who was a dud and then Paul Lambert who I do not rate.
    Considering our young players are highly rated as well, I do not think that is a good enough comparison.

Steve Sutton - he's obviously right haha

Lawsy - I think everyone will sound downbeat if their job was to commentate on the shite CH served up.

Listen, I am still not disregarding their opinions. I think they are all excellent commentators and former Pros BUT i'd rather damn the squad after seeing it under a new manager.

Matchday Squad

I don’t believe their assessment.

I do..3 players can get into most sides in the champ, 4 are average and the others most probs wouldnt get in most sides in the champ..

Grenville Morris

Default Official Matchday #8 thread: Huddersfield Town Vs Nottingham Forest

Quote Originally Posted by George cooney View Post
    I do..3 players can get into most sides in the champ, 4 are average and the others most probs wouldnt get in most sides in the champ..
    From our starting lineup against Cardiff, who would be slotted under those tiers.

Last edited by Dogtits; 18-09-21 at 07:34.

Wally Ardron

Samba
    Spence Worrall McKenna Lowe
    Silva Yates Garner Zinc
    Johnson
    Grabban

Not sure about the right wing slot, could play Mighten.

Either way that team will get at least a point.

A. Trialist

If Taylor is anywhere near the match day squad we lose.

Ian Storey-Moore

Who are said 3 and 4??

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by trentendnz View Post
    If Taylor is anywhere near the match day squad we lose.
    As much as 'his' leaked messages were bad .. he's also right in every sense of what he said

Senior doom Monger

I've been scatching my head trying to identify the 7 players that may be in your mind:
    1 Samba - possibly one of the 4 "average";
    2 Worrall - one of the 3 who would get into any Championship team;
    3 MKenna - ditto;
    4 Lowe - ditto;
    5 Yates - another of the 4 "average";
    6 Garner - another of the 3;
    7 Zinkernagel - another of the 4.
    Of those 7, I am not yet convinced by Zinckernagel, and Garner is looking well out of sorts this season to date.
    Samba when playing with confidence is a decent stopper, but for quite a while now he looks to be a shadow of what he was when he joined us.
    None of our creative midfield or attacking players woould be first choice in other Championship teams.
    Mighten might develop into a decent Championship player, but he is very young and at the adulation seems to have distracted him from concentrating on his game, and he needs to get his head down and work at it if he is to realise his potential.
    It will be interesting to see how the team perform under Reid, and with Cooper watching from the Directors' Box today...

Matchday Squad

GOOD LUCK FOREST

A. Trialist

Quote Originally Posted by Mr RayReardon View Post
    As much as 'his' leaked messages were bad .. he's also right in every sense of what he said

I missed this bit of gossip, what did he say?

Sent from my CPH2069 using Tapatalk

Smith

Soh Worrall McKenna

Lolley Yates Fornah Lowe

Johnson Grabban Mighten

Upper Decker

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    Probably our toughest game since Bournemouth based on form?

Dunno what to predict. The players body language will tell us a lot about how they felt about Hughton and his system though. We’ll either awake from our slumber or get turned over by the Yorkshire Puddings.

An optimistic 1-1.
    There was nothing wrong with the work rate and application of the players against Boro. You can tell when a team has stopped playing for the manager and that wasn't the case, although heads inevitably dropped after we conceded the second goal.

Personally, I agree with Hodge (what would he know?) and the other ex pro's assessment of our squad. It is lower end in terms of quality. We just have to hope that the new man can get more than the sum of the parts out of them.

THE TRUTH IS THERE AND WITH IT I GO TO THE END OF THE WORLD .

Upper Decker

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-engelos Mindminackers View Post
    Smith

Soh Worrall McKenna

Lolley Yates Fornah Lowe

Johnson Grabban Mighten
    Smith is dross. There's a reason the club brought in another keeper in the summer. Horvath may have made a mistake in the previous match but he's a hundred times better than Smith.

Last edited by Ravi; 18-09-21 at 09:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    Smith is dross. There's a reason the club brought in another keeper in the summer. Horvath may have made a mistake in the previous march but he's a hundred times better than Smith.
    Thinking behind that is that Horvath faffed up the other night, and Samba has been faffing up all season. So as a 1 off game without a manager in place, it's more as a kick up the arse to let them all know no-one's position is safe, and the second they get in the team they need to be fully focused on keeping their spot or they'll lose it.

So I don't think you're wrong, I just think it's a one off game best used to experiment and basically make a statement that it's time for a shake up (hence the change in formation, and the inclusion of the likes of Fornah)

I'd be sat ready to replace Lolley early as poss if he was having a bad game too.

Upper Decker

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-engelos Mindminackers View Post
    Thinking behind that is that Horvath faffed up the other night, and Samba has been faffing up all season. So as a 1 off game without a manager in place, it's more as a kick up the arse to let them all know no-one's position is safe, and the second they get in the team they need to be fully focused on keeping their spot or they'll lose it.

So I don't think you're wrong, I just think it's a one off game best used to experiment and basically make a statement that it's time for a shake up (hence the change in formation, and the inclusion of the likes of Fornah)
    By that logic let's start the under 18s.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    By that logic let's start the under 18s.
    Looking at the cup games, that's not bad logic

I wouldn't be against having Samba or Horvath in net tho tbh. I think their reaction attitude wise in training would be the main thing to go off.

The Duchess

I think today’s game will speak volumes.

The way we line up, the way we set up, the way we play, the way we respond and the way we interact.

It will be interesting to see what we do so differently or whether we deliver a performance reflective of our league position.

I doubt Hughton is/was the only problem but I’m hoping for an immediate response and a positive change from the squad.

'Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings' - Salvador Dali 1904-1989

I think 'odd' is a good thing. Oddness shows originality, uniqueness and a desire to be different from the masses. Oddness is, maybe, only deemed 'odd' by the majority who are considered less odd but only by their own blinkered observations and understanding. Oddness should never be criticised but be encouraged to nurture, develop individualism and to explore the mind rather than conform to expectation and 'normality'. Many of the world's greatest works of art and prose were born from those minds many considered to be 'odd'.
    [/url]

A. Trialist

An opportunity to get our first league win.

Whatever the system we need to get further up the pitch.

Select players in their best positions.

Remember 2008/09 W1 D3 L9 Points 6

28th October midweek we went to Crystal Palace

They had already won at the City Ground

First Snow in London in October for 75 years.

Traffic horrendous on M1 so had to turn back.

We won 2-1 and then stayed up.

The fight back starts now.

COYR

Should we expect to see Cooper at the game today?

Not sure what the "done thing" is for a manager when he is still under negotiation but I'm hoping everyone sees some value in him being able to cast an eye over us today of we are days away from his appointment.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by thehockleyhustler View Post
    Should we expect to see Cooper at the game today?

Not sure what the "done thing" is for a manager when he is still under negotiation but I'm hoping everyone sees some value in him being able to cast an eye over us today of we are days away from his appointment.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
    I’d imagine so. He’ll definitely want to see us live again before he starts