Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

View Poll Results: Udders v Forest!

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Udders Win -BOOOOOOOO!

13 27.08%
  • Forest Win - Steven Reid‘s Red n White Army!

13 27.08%
  • The Draw

9 18.75%
  • Radoslaw Majewski

13 27.08%
Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132

Thread: Official Matchday #8 thread: Huddersfield Town Vs Nottingham Forest

Viv Anderson

Default Re: Official Matchday #8 thread: Huddersfield Town Vs Nottingham Forest

If teams have that amount of possession and create almost nothing it means you have been well organised and frustrated

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

oopsy daisy!

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    If teams have that amount of possession and create almost nothing it means you have been well organised and frustrated
    If you have that little possession and you still score 2 goals it shows that your intent when you do have the ball is to attack rather than pass it aimlessly around to kill time and try to get a draw.

Massive shift in mindset.

Gaff Lad

Quote Originally Posted by Trents View Post
    Probably more even 1st half. 2nd half after the goal hudders had all the ball. At that stage they had to ask the questions though.

Not much you can do when we are happy to let them have the ball in thier own half and they are happy to continuously pass it side to side along thier back line.

As soon as they got into our half, we smothered them and forced them back again.

I think thier 2 shots on target speaks higher than their possession stats.
    Absolutely.

Viv Anderson

Have to agree about the possession stats. So much is made of it, but as rightly pointed out, most of the possession is within the defensive third of the pitch, just aimlessly passing the ball back and forth, mostly behind the intended recipient, causing even more meandering about.

Gaff Lad

Stats don't win matches, goals do.

We got two of 'em yesterday, they got none.

A. Trialist

It’s interesting how we see things differently.

For me the three big changes were -

1 Formation - three at the back.

2.Organisation when we were out of possession.

3.Pressing - we were 15/20 yards further up the pitch.

We also converted our chances.

A big shoutout for the away support yesterday -

Very loud and proud before and throughout the game.

Senior doom Monger

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Baker's Dog View Post
    Would you be impressed if I said I'd seen the Byrds live in 1970? Great band....terrible haircuts...
    The Byrds were refused entry into the UK back in the 1960's because... they refused to change the spelling of their name.
    Those in charge (old Etonians and ex Blues & Greys Officers) deemed it to be moral turpitude and likely to destabilise the young people.

Ian Storey-Moore

Do we know why Zinckernagel wasn't in the squad?

Quote Originally Posted by cms186 View Post
    Picked up an injury if I remember hearing right on the wireless post-match.

Last edited by Alf-engelos Mindminackers; 19-09-21 at 13:41.

Matchday Squad

Quote Originally Posted by incapable hulk View Post
    I thought we played much the same as we did under Hughton. A semi positive opening half hour before spending the majority of the back foot under pressure. Outside of the second goal, almost the entire second half was played in our half.

Obviously the result is an enormous relief, but I think people talking about a huge change possibly saw a different game to what I did.

Whatever happens next, I hope it’s a positive trend in results and we can climb the table.

Only difference for me was the usual silly mistake not being made, we still dont look like we can win the battle at the centre of midfield..

Senior doom Monger

Quote Originally Posted by cms186 View Post
    He took a knock on the ankle in training on Thursday and Steven and his staff agreed that it was best not to risk him at Udders.
    According to the post-match interview, Steven Reid thinks Zinckernagel will be fully fit for Saturday's fixture.

Senior doom Monger

Quote Originally Posted by George cooney View Post
    Only difference for me was the usual silly mistake not being made, we still dont look like we can win the battle at the centre of midfield..
    Figuerido did try with an underhit backpass.
    Fortunately Samba, unlike Horvath, put his boot through the ball marginally ahead of the incoming attacker got there.
    Danger averted, but still a regulation Figuerido sill mistake.

Matchday Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    The Byrds were refused entry into the UK back in the 1960's because... they refused to change the spelling of their name.
    Those in charge (old Etonians and ex Blues & Greys Officers) deemed it to be moral turpitude and likely to destabilise the young people.
    And how right they were

Matchday Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Baker's Dog View Post
    Would you be impressed if I said I'd seen the Byrds live in 1970? Great band....terrible haircuts...
    My favourite band - saw them live at the Bath festival in 1970 (doing an acoustic set after Hot Tuna had to stop playing as driving rain threatened to electrocute them!). Saw them live at Sheffield City Hall (1971?) while at uni there.

First Team

Matchday Squad

Quote Originally Posted by George cooney View Post
    But it was a step in the right direction in terms of tactics and the set up yesterday. Playing higher up the pitch and compressing the midfield at least gave our midfield lads a chance. The only worrying thing is that as soon as we had a lead the tendency was to fall back on the 18 yard line and for the last 20 it was as it was under Hughton but with a back 5 not 4.

TBH there are a lot of players who hitherto have looked very poor (Yates for one)we need to give a chance to and to reappraise under a new tactical system because Hughtons set up was just about perfect for fucking up amidfield

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post
    Stats don't win matches, goals do.

We got two of 'em yesterday, they got none.
    Guns don't kill people, rappers do.

Sorry, just the way you wrote that reminded me of those lyrics

Grenville Morris

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy22 View Post

Stats don't win matches, goals do. Ask any football manager (apart from Chris Hughton) and they'll tell you that is true.

30/09/2021: It's only 8 points to the play-offs. Doesn't matter if we're 20th having lost three times as many games as we've won so far. I fancy us now that Hughton's gone.

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy22 View Post

Beat me to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gaff Lad

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    What happened? Did they 'turn, turn, turn...'

First Team

Just imagine if stats weren't available what would we do? Perhaps we'd just use our eyes and see how the team performed. I used mine and could see a vastly improved team performance.

Oh and we won 0-2 as well.

Remarkable.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Up-Front

Watched a rerun last night, players clearly upped their game for the departure of Hughton, but it was clear vindication for those suggesting a shit in mental approach & formation should have been instigated.

We've clearly got three proficient CBs & two excellent two way Fbs, so three at the back was a good call, as was the 15yd shift up the pitch. Ball moved with much more purpose, the old Lolley returned, Johnson was top drawer & Grabban suddenly looks sharp again.

Fair play to Stephen Reid, some big calls came good.

Cooper probably looks at this with added enthusiasm going forward. Things could look very different in three games time.

First Team

Was nice to see us play with more intent, we pressed the ball a lot more & in turn the whole team played a bit higher up the pitch. The back 3 looked nice & balanced, the midfield two were both allowed to do what they were good at & the partnerships out wide looked promising.

I really like the look of Lowe (big ABC fan...), he had another really strong game defensively. Spence looks like someone that has all the tools but hasn't quite worked out how to use them all yet, if the new manager can get him going we (or 'Boro) might have a player on our hands. I was surprised to see Figs & I thought Worrall might be more suited to the central position in the back three but they both played well and Garner looked much happier playing in central midfield as opposed to standing next to Lyle Taylor.

Lolley looked bright & seemed to thrive in the slightly more 'free' role he was given. Johnson, what a talent. Anyone that can carry the ball that far & that quickly has something but to pick out that ball was amazing. Great header from Grabban as well.

There's still plenty to work on, despite their good start I'm not sure Huddersfield are all that & we did drop off a bit too much in the 2nd half - better teams may put us under more pressure. The possession stats don't look great but a lot of that was down to their CB's playing keep-ball (Colwill & Lees both attempted over 100 passes).