Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

View Poll Results: Would appointing Steve Cooper make you happy?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

40 41.67%
  • No!

17 17.71%
  • Undecided

12 12.50%
  • Bring Billeh Back!!!

16 16.67%
  • A handsome German in a turtleneck jumper

11 11.46%
Page 80 of 82 FirstFirst ... 30707879808182 LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 2038

Thread: Steve Cooper is the new Head Coach!

Default Re: Steve Cooper is the new Head Coach!

Quote Originally Posted by Any Time Now View Post
    Also worth remembering we had a pretty demanding game against Reading just a few days before which our lads would have been feeling in their legs, factor that in with the few forced changes that meant we couldn't even start with our preferred system and it's not too surprising that the performance level took a dip

Holding on to a goalless point was a good outcome after giving away a penalty and playing 30 mins with 10 men
    This is always gonna fuck us up until we get some genuine depth sorted.

Doesn't have to be bank breaking 2 players for every position stuff. Just a better balance than we've had in recent years. The drop-off in quality when we have to play the likes of Bong instead of Lowe is like going from shagging Jenifer Lawrence to Grotbags.

And I should know, I've shagged a few Grotbags in my time.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-engelos Mindminackers View Post

Doesn't have to be bank breaking 2 players for every position stuff. Just a better balance than we've had in recent years. The drop-off in quality when we have to play the likes of Bong instead of Lowe is like going from shagging Jenifer Lawrence to Grotbags.

Shut your eyes and Grotbags could be Jennifer Lawrence. Shut your eyes and Bong is still Bong.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-engelos Mindminackers View Post

Well ideally it probably does need to be 2 players in every position.

Even in positions like CB/CM where you usually have 2 or 3 on the pitch, you still need cover for tactical reasons, and to cover injuries or suspensions. You can have more versatile cover players like we have had Perch or Halford before but that can limit your options if they're injured themselves.

The issue with Bong is not to do with our policy of squad depth but simply due to the fact that despite his credentials he just isn't very good. If we had a better cover left back we wouldn't have the issue. It's like with the wingers where we can have Johnson, Mighten, Lolley, Zinckernagel playing there, we can pick any 2 and they will be able to play there to the standard we need.

Won't be the first or last time we have 3 games in 6 days and we need replacements who can come in without weakening the team too much if they need freshening up.

Viv Anderson

Do other teams all have perfect squads, play to a different table of fixtures and not suffer injuries?

Wally Ardron

The Steve Cooper Rolling Scorecard (Christmas adverts are on telly now 20/21 edition)

Forest 1-1 Luton

An underwhelming performance as Forest made very heavy work of the evening and things continue to level-off following the new manager bounce.

After a nondescript first half, things gradually deteriorated through levels of disjointed play, poor positioning and individual ill-discipline to the point we were fortunate to get a draw.

SC has clearly been concentrating a lot on the mental aspects, so will have been disappointed to see things slip as they did. Hopefully, he can use that the refocus minds ahead of the next few to regain some of the lost momentum.

SC rolls in another par to remain at -6 on the Rolling Scorecard.

Trend (last 6): L, d, D, W, d, D.

It's all about mid-table...

Let's hope Coops can get an upturn in wins before the feel good factor starts to wain.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymondo Ponte' View Post
    Let's hope Coops can get an upturn in wins before the feel good factor starts to wain.
    Well he has been here just over 2 months now. That's usually around the time the dreg ends of Twitter get bored with their new toys and start to look to find fault, even if their is none.

I think my fave in recent years was Lamouchi getting pelters for signing all the shit we signed, as if Vrentroz would have given him anything more than a token gesture "say" in any signings.

"Do you want Guerrero Sabri?"

"No thanks."

"I said, do you want Gurerro Sabri"

"If I say no again, will I keep my job?"

"Here's Guererro."

"Thanks. Sigh."

Titter: "Sabri signed some right crap!"

They'll be scouring round for reasons to get rid of Cooper soon enough. Hopefully we now have someone at the club who's got his shit together enough to make it irrelevant, and who persists with this great direction we seem to be headed in.

Gaff Lad

Probably the same stupid morons on Twitter that booed Bong.

Grenville Morris

I'm still fully behind Cooper. Taking us from cut adrift at the bottom of the league to an outside bet for play-offs within what felt like a couple of weeks is enough alone for me to give him the whole of the rest of the season without any criticism whatsoever, provided we don't end up back in the relegation dogfight.

Add to that there's still some clear issues in the squad. I'm certain Cooper is looking at things like Colback at left back, having to play Figgy who doesn't fit well into a passing side, the complete lack of height in the squad, some players earning tonnes who can't even get a game, Taylor not offering a lot of real competition for Grabban etc as all things that can be improved.

This to me is very much like when SOD/Warbs took over - it's plainly obvious to anyone who understands the smallest amount about football/management that we have a capable manager who, given time and a bit of patience will improve us - both on the pitch, and financially too. The amount of that potential improvement on the pitch is up for debate and I'm not sure when or where we will level off, but whilst we're still on an upward trajectory, which we very much are at the moment, then the fans should just be happy that progress is being made.

Because frankly there's not been a lot of that in the last decade.

30/09/2021: It's only 8 points to the play-offs. Doesn't matter if we're 20th having lost three times as many games as we've won so far. I fancy us now that Hughton's gone.

Ian Storey-Moore

Cooper is doing very well with the hand that has been passed onto him. He absolutely should be taking us into next season. Looking forward to the transfer windows with a bit more confidence than the previous years', especially with DM backing him with a similar philosophy.

Anyone who thinks Cooper shouldn't get the rest of the season is out their mind. We are headed in the right direction with the right manager and the right CEO. They just need time to fully undo the mess left behind them by previous people, and continue to build their own side.

Bong, Taylor, Figs etc. not one of these players would get anywhere near any other top 6 side. Don't expect us to be one whilst they're still featuring semi-regularly in the squad. It's not Coopers, nor Murphy's, fault that they're dealing with that shit hand.

First Team

Are we really having this discussion? I know managers don't get any time nowadays but f me give the bloke a chance? 1 loss in 10 isn't it?

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Viv Anderson

Where the holy fuck is any conversation even remotely questioning SC's immediate future coming from?

Wally Ardron

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    Where the holy fuck is any conversation even remotely questioning SC's immediate future coming from?
    It's utterly bizarre,Otis.

Ian Storey-Moore

I don't know why anyone is even giving his future employment the credibility of any discussion. Nobody here was entertaining it and it's just a few fucktards on Twatter. Like Ricky Gervais said, Twitter is a place to see everything ever written on a toilet wall. It's irrelevant and full of pricks.

Sent from my God using Tapatalk

Last edited by Notcher; 26-11-21 at 14:21.

Matchday Squad

Honestly have no idea what some of our fans want at times, if you think SC isn't a big enough step in the right direction then what's a better realistic alternative? Is there an abundance of world class coaches camping on the banks of the trent waiting for an opportunity?

For our current position as a club getting a coach like Cooper in is about as good as it gets, young manager with a few successful championship seasons worth of experience under his belt. Good connections that we'll surely benefit from when it comes to securing loans, a reputation for developing youngsters which is more important than ever with FFP limitations

His more modern (and entertaining) approach to how football should be played plus his ability to adapt has already spoken for its self in 2 months, remember this exact team was considered not good enough for league 1 in september and now we have one eye on the playoffs

Any talks of future replacements at this point is ridiculous, just look at Sheffield United all they managed to attract was Paul fucking Heckingbottom for the next 5 years

Viv Anderson

As I have neither Twitter or Facebook accounts, I'd be interested to know if the shit that these individuals espouse is ever challenged?

Also, do they generally fall within a noticeable age group?

Ian Storey-Moore

As I have neither Twitter or Facebook accounts, I'd be interested to know if the shit that these individuals espouse is ever challenged?

Also, do they generally fall within a noticeable age group?
    Like most social media it's pretty much an echo chamber. You can get anything from 18-35 years of age spouting this crap, sometimes older. Twitter just seems to be a place for the mentally unstable. I deleted my account a few weeks ago.

Sent from my God using Tapatalk

Youth Team

It's staggering Otis. Such bollocks.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Notcher View Post
    Like most social media it's pretty much an echo chamber. You can get anything from 18-35 years of age spouting this crap, sometimes older. Twitter just seems to be a place for the mentally unstable. I deleted my account a few weeks ago.
    I can only conclude that as with trolls on social-media, these individuals are largely attention-seeking inadequates. It's a good job I ignored any temptation to sign up to those platforms, otherwise I know I'd be arguing like fuck all of the time.

Gaff Lad

I can only conclude that as with trolls on social-media, these individuals are largely attention-seeking inadequates. It's a good job I ignored any temptation to sign up to those platforms, otherwise I know I'd be arguing like fuck all of the time.
    That’s not like you Frank.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post
    That’s not like you Frank.
    Haha, I suspect you know me too well Gaz.

Gaff Lad

Haha, I suspect you know me too well Gaz.
    Oh aye…

Impressive member

Quote Originally Posted by Raymondo Ponte' View Post
    Wain Rooney?

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

Ian Storey-Moore

This man hasn’t even had a transfer window.

People need to remember that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk