Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

View Poll Results: Would appointing Steve Cooper make you happy?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

35 38.46%
  • No!

17 18.68%
  • Undecided

12 13.19%
  • Bring Billeh Back!!!

16 17.58%
  • A handsome German in a turtleneck jumper

11 12.09%
Page 50 of 67 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1659

Thread: Steve Cooper is the new Head Coach!

Grenville Morris

Default Re: Steve Cooper is the new Head Coach!

Best of luck to Steve Cooper's super shagging reds in his first game in charge.

30/09/2021: It's only 8 points to the play-offs. Doesn't matter if we're 20th having lost three times as many games as we've won so far. I fancy us now that Hughton's gone.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Wally Ardron

Quote Originally Posted by adam09 View Post
    Maybe they should have concentrated on supplying what we need rather than bringing in fucking Christmas chocolates in September.
    And Mince Pies-mountain high piles of them in some stores-don't get me wrong, I like a nice Mince pie, but in September

Viv Anderson

Very odd reaction last night on 'EFL on Quest'.

Hologram was asked what he thought of us and he just looked for a moment, sucked his lip, then said "something wrong at the club" and sideswiped Cooper by saying he took over a recently relegated club with Prem players at Swansea then left when his star forward left.

He is not impressed!

Viv Anderson

What do you expect Vals. Just another boring ill informed media opinion.

I haven't heard one of them say about the structure of the club changing, just "oh look another manager sacked" - when we are no worse than anybody else in the division.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    Very odd reaction last night on 'EFL on Quest'.

Hologram was asked what he thought of us and he just looked for a moment, sucked his lip, then said "something wrong at the club" and sideswiped Cooper by saying he took over a recently relegated club with Prem players at Swansea then left when his star forward left.

He is not impressed!
    I saw that too Richard. There was an obvious bitterness in Holloway's tone, similar to Charlie McParland on the local TV channel.

Unless anyone can correct me, the clear impression is that both men resent the fact that Cooper has no playing career to speak of but has been handed top coaching roles on a plate with the FA, Swansea and now Forest. Holloway spoke as though Hughton had been been particularly badly treated without looking at the league-table, let alone the team's stats since last Easter.

Upper Decker

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    I saw that too Richard. There was an obvious bitterness in Holloway's tone, similar to Charlie McParland on the local TV channel.

Unless anyone can correct me, the clear impression is that both men resent the fact that Cooper has no playing career to speak of but has been handed top coaching roles on a plate with the FA, Swansea and now Forest. Holloway spoke as though Hughton had been been particularly badly treated without looking at the league-table, let alone the team's stats since last Easter.

Hughton is well liked in the game. Forest have a lazy stereotype image as chaotic manager sackers. Some professional jealousy and envy towards Cooper also sounds likely.

There might be something in this.

THE TRUTH IS THERE AND WITH IT I GO TO THE END OF THE WORLD .

Viv Anderson

We are chaotic manager sackers though, only 1 manager made a full season in 10 years.
    We've sacked managers for winning 4-2, we've sacked managers for not wanting to spend shit loads of money and wanting a slow build, we've sacked managers for poor recruitment of the board.

Time will only tell how long Cooper lasts.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Upper Decker

Quote Originally Posted by gamble View Post
    We are chaotic manager sackers though, only 1 manager made a full season in 10 years.
    We've sacked managers for winning 4-2, we've sacked managers for not wanting to spend shit loads of money and wanting a slow build, we've sacked managers for poor recruitment of the board.

Time will only tell how long Cooper lasts.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
    Well yes, but the average tenure of Championship managers is about a year, so we aren’t far from the norm.

Matchday Squad

Who cares what Ian Holloway thinks

If here were any good as a manager he'd still be in a job and not some two bit pundit on Quest

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    Well yes, but the average tenure of Championship managers is about a year, so we arenít far from the norm.
    Lamouchi & Hughton's tenures have definitely showed we're at least trying now.

But between Davies MK1 and then we were a joke under 2 owners and for nearly 10 years in terms of our sacking rate.

Sacking managers is understandable with a plan & purpose. We've usually done it because the top spods have had no grasp on the situation though. It does feel as if a corner has been turned. Let's hope.

Ian Storey-Moore

Sounds like a man struggling with his own mortality and coupled with the realisation that he now has very little to contribute to the world. His refusal to shift into a healthy state of reflection and introspection, with the aim of reconciling self, is obvious - look at the world today he cries, over and over and over!!

All he has now are exagerrated memories and a false perspective of his own importance, and of a life 'lived well' and 'worthwhile'. Every conversation is loaded with nostalgia and of some half-remembered past - the boring c**t.

Last edited by Fitzcarraldo; 26-09-21 at 12:54.

Upper Decker

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-engelos Mindminackers View Post

But between Davies MK1 and then we were a joke under 2 owners and for nearly 10 years in terms of our sacking rate.

Sacking managers is understandable with a plan & purpose. We've usually done it because the top spods have had no grasp on the situation though. It does feel as if a corner has been turned. Let's hope.
    The best part is the role is now Head Coach. I donít care how many head coaches we get through. They should be interchangeable. The important thing is how the club is run, and having a clear sustainable strategy for football ethos and recruitment which doesnít change much from coach to coach. Hopefully, that is now the way the owners and the CEO are pursuing.

Last edited by Ravi; 26-09-21 at 12:39.

Matchday Squad

I bet he wouldn't have had too many qualms about taking the job had it been offered to him

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blonde View Post
    I bet he wouldn't have had too many qualms about taking the job had it been offered to him
    I heard he's getting his HGV license.

Ian Storey-Moore

Old fashioned manager in defending another old fashioned manager shocker.

The best part is the role is now Head Coach. I donít care how many head coaches we get through. They should be interchangeable. The important thing is how the club is run, and having a clear sustainable strategy for football ethos and recruitment which doesnít change much from coach to coach. Hopefully, that is now the way the owners and the CEO are pursuing.
    Agreed. I've really not been keen on that model at all up to now due to those running the club (from Marthur, to Fazza, to Vrentzos) not really having a clue.

Now Murphy is involved, someone who's actually played the game and done the job elsewhere before to a relatively successful degree, not to mention already looks to have signed some decent players, fingers crossed it'll all fall into place.

Just hope that we don't sack Murphs

Ian Storey-Moore

He's not defending Hughton, he's defending a version of self reflected back at him...the jaded old c**t.

Last edited by Fitzcarraldo; 26-09-21 at 13:01.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-engelos Mindminackers View Post

I think EM was reluctant to sack either Sabri or CH but it got to a point where they had to go as they'd completely shot it

For me the only sacking during EMs reign that was probably a mistake was Warburton & hopefully he's learnt a lesson from jumping the gun

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Yates View Post
    I think EM was reluctant to sack either Sabri or CH but it got to a point where they had to go as they'd completely shot it

For me the only sacking during EMs reign that was probably a mistake was Warburton & hopefully he's learnt a lesson from jumping the gun
    O'Neill.

Probably would have done a similar job to Lamouchi given an opportunity to bring in more of his own players (although if they were all like flapper then we would probably have gone down).

Warburton was perhaps a tad harsh, but logical, if the direction they were going in wasn't going to improve matters in who they were trying to sign, and the setup in the club maybe? Let's not forget it's not uncommon for new owners to sack their inherited managers, it was the first thing Fawaz did, EM at least gave him some time.

Viv Anderson

The best part is the role is now Head Coach. I don’t care how many head coaches we get through. They should be interchangeable. The important thing is how the club is run, and having a clear sustainable strategy for football ethos and recruitment which doesn’t change much from coach to coach. Hopefully, that is now the way the owners and the CEO are pursuing.
    100% Ravi, Cooper could last 6 months as long as we follow the path we are following it won't matter.

Our downfall has always been we give managers too much power. Managers themselves will tell you, you are only as good as your players. The best chance we have of getting a better playing squad is by leaving recruitment to the club then picking coaches to suit it.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    100% Ravi, Cooper could last 6 months as long as we follow the path we are following it won't matter.

Our downfall has always been we give managers too much power. Managers themselves will tell you, you are only as good as your players. The best chance we have of getting a better playing squad is by leaving recruitment to the club then picking coaches to suit it.
    Exactly.

If our next HC is similar in style to Cooper, we won't be shopping trolley between hoofball and passing managers every time someone gets fired for being shit.

Though in fairness to this policy, there hasn't been a massive difference between CH/SL/MON/AK, all of them are basically safety-first defensive managers.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Statto View Post
    O'Neill.

Probably would have done a similar job to Lamouchi given an opportunity to bring in more of his own players (although if they were all like flapper then we would probably have gone down).

Warburton was perhaps a tad harsh, but logical, if the direction they were going in wasn't going to improve matters in who they were trying to sign, and the setup in the club maybe? Let's not forget it's not uncommon for new owners to sack their inherited managers, it was the first thing Fawaz did, EM at least gave him some time.
    I don't think MON was ever anymore than a stop gap

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Statto View Post
    Exactly.

If our next HC is similar in style to Cooper, we won't be shopping trolley between hoofball and passing managers every time someone gets fired for being shit.

Though in fairness to this policy, there hasn't been a massive difference between CH/SL/MON/AK, all of them are basically safety-first defensive managers.
    You are right there wasn't that much difference, but for me they all spent half their reigns clearing out signings of previous managers.

The policy is hopefully this is what you have - so work with it. I don't think that was the case for any of those managers there, they will always default to bringing in experienced players for a short term boost.

Half the battle we have had is getting overpaid, ageing domestic players off the wage bill. They all comes from high manager turnover whilst letting them sign who they want. We gotta be forceful even if it annoys a manager, but I think Cooper is definitely on the same page as the club. I'm not sure he has much interest in older players.

Last edited by Rzarecteh; 26-09-21 at 14:49.

Grenville Morris

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Yates View Post
    I don't think MON was ever anymore than a stop gap
    He wasn't.

Feels like no one wanted the gig after the Karanka saga and so we called in a favour to MON.

But it was evident from his first couple of weeks here that it was a steady the ship for a few weeks whilst we plan for next year without you jobbie.

Right move frankly, we improved enormously under Sabri on that first half of a session.