Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 131

Thread: Dane Murphy - CEO

      
  1. #101
    Bob McKinlay
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    99,120

    Default Re: Dane Murphy - CEO

    Quote Originally Posted by incapable hulk View Post
    Promotion has to be the target. I don't expect the club to achieve it but I do expect it to give everything it can.

    I am not here for youth development or a certain brand of football. I just want the club to get back to the top end of this table and be in the mix. That's the only thing he has to do for me. Easier said than done but he has my full support and confidence. He wouldn't have come here if he was planning to pissarse about for several years.
    Agreed, but don’t discount youth development, especially in the financially limited market Forest are forced to operate in.

    The club has raised, what is it, over £50m from sales of youth players in the last few seasons - the majority of which has propped up the club fiscally or been spunked on dross.

    A steady production line is going to be an important part of bringing revenue in, at least in the next couple of seasons.

    „I believe in socialism because it seems more humanitarian, rather than every man for himself and 'I'm alright jack' and all those arsehole businessmen with all the loot. I made up my mind from viewing society from that angle. That's where I'm from and there's where I've made my decisions from. That's why I believe in socialism“

    „Don't forget you're alive. 'Cause sometimes when you walk around the city and you're in a bad mood, you can think, hey, wait a minute, we're alive! We don't know what the next second will bring and what a fantastic thing this is. This can get easily forgotten in the routine of life, and that's something I'm trying to bring to my attention at all times. Don't forget you're alive. We're not dead, you know. This is the greatest thing.”

    — Joe Strummer

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #102
    Ian Storey-Moore
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    4,224

    Default Re: Dane Murphy - CEO

    Quote Originally Posted by incapable hulk View Post
    Promotion has to be the target. I don't expect the club to achieve it but I do expect it to give everything it can.

    I am not here for youth development or a certain brand of football. I just want the club to get back to the top end of this table and be in the mix. That's the only thing he has to do for me. Easier said than done but he has my full support and confidence. He wouldn't have come here if he was planning to pissarse about for several years.
    Without either it's or at least one of them it's highly unlikely we would achieve promotion

    Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk


  4. #103
    Matchday Squad
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,451

    Default Re: Dane Murphy - CEO

    Quote Originally Posted by congo_red View Post
    It would be nice if everyone at the club was pulling in the same direction for once. I am rather fed up of the constant narrative of manager fighting against execs, be it Billy vs The TAP, Karanka vs the Budget or Hughton vs Dane.
    Completely agree. I’d add that we also need people to have the balls to take responsibility for their grief and the outcomes. I think a big part of the problem here is that we’ve carried all these guys who’ve had considerable influence and power relating to what goes on at the club and when tgg he we’ve got it wrong and things have gone to shit it’s always the managers fault.
    Dane has a head coach now and I hope Danes man enough to give him head cover.


  5. #104
    Best served cold
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cliftonia
    Posts
    25,709

    Default Re: Dane Murphy - CEO

    Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    Agreed, but don’t discount youth development, especially in the financially limited market Forest are forced to operate in.

    The club has raised, what is it, over £50m from sales of youth players in the last few seasons - the majority of which has propped up the club fiscally or been spunked on dross.

    A steady production line is going to be an important part of bringing revenue in, at least in the next couple of seasons.
    Oh I am not discounting it - it's just not something I have any interest in following. What the Academy has done has been great and more power to them, but when I buy my ticket for a game it isn't because I care about what happens at Wilford Lane. The only thing I want to do is watch the 11 best players Forest can put out on a Saturday afternoon.

    I don't care how old they are or where they came from, none of that stuff matters to me personally. I appreciate it does to others though.

    "I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

  6. #105
    Impressive member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Arkham Asylum
    Posts
    15,032

    Default Re: Dane Murphy - CEO

    I the past we've excelled at youth development but not capitalised on it, instead selling the academy products and wasting the revenue on older crap from the PL.
    Hopefully with Cooper and Murphy and their footballing ethos, and our new cat 1 upgrade in the academy, we can usher in a new era of how we go about our business.

    Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

    Last edited by Cortez the Killer; 21-09-21 at 13:19.

  7. #106
    Ale ape.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Congo, deported by Priti Patel
    Posts
    35,373

    Default Re: Dane Murphy - CEO

    Quote Originally Posted by Magamar View Post
    Maybe as a fan base as a whole we need to look at our own contribution to the current predicament we are in. Are our own expectations and timescales realistic? Are WE prepared to give that ‘precious commodity of time’?
    The stronger the leadership from the top of the club, the less we contribute to it. We're slightly better than the Fawaz years, where a handful of negative tweets would be enough for a knee-jerk reaction. There were plenty of calls for Hughton to go long before the club thought it needed to take action.
    We haven't seen protests, we have continued to follow the club in impressive numbers, home and away, since the Covid restrictions ended - so, yes we have certainly contributed in the past, but less-so the current situation, in my opinion.


  8. #107
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,123

    Default Re: Dane Murphy - CEO

    I'm impressed that Dane has got married and engaged a new coach in the same weekend, give or take.

    Looks like he got a great girl and we got a great coach. Time will tell.

    And today is my daughter's 25th wedding anniversary.

    It's all good.


  9. #108
    Ian Storey-Moore
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    4,224

    Default Re: Dane Murphy - CEO

    https://nffctrust.org/dane-murphy-meeting-report/

    Meeting points from the recent meeting with Dane.

    Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk


  10. #109
    First Team
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    8,588

    Default Re: Dane Murphy - CEO

    Quote Originally Posted by Notcher View Post
    https://nffctrust.org/dane-murphy-meeting-report/

    Meeting points from the recent meeting with Dane.

    Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
    He says he has full autonomy in recruitment of players, coaches and managers. So, either he's not entirely honest, or some of the recent narratives were gross exaggerations.


  11. #110
    Bob McKinlay
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    99,120

    Default Re: Dane Murphy - CEO

    Quote Originally Posted by Notcher View Post
    https://nffctrust.org/dane-murphy-meeting-report/

    Meeting points from the recent meeting with Dane.

    Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
    Yeah, but they’ve thrown some absolutely softie questions there.

    Why aren’t they asking about the piss-poor state of the stadium and the woeful matchday experience?


  12. #111
    oopsy daisy!
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    On a longship close by
    Posts
    20,504

    Default Re: Dane Murphy - CEO

    Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    Yeah, but they’ve thrown some absolutely softie questions there.
    What do you expect?

    Anything tricky would have been thrown out of the window beforehand otherwise the interview would never have happened in the first place.


  13. #112
    Grenville Morris
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cloud Cuckoo Land
    Posts
    29,174

    Default Re: Dane Murphy - CEO

    Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    He says he has full autonomy in recruitment of players, coaches and managers. So, either he's not entirely honest, or some of the recent narratives were gross exaggerations.
    Depends on what full autonomy means. Suppose it could be as simple as he makes final decisions, and therefore whilst he didn't identify Drager he was happy to take him on a punt after some due diligence was completed.

    30/09/2021: It's only 8 points to the play-offs. Doesn't matter if we're 20th having lost three times as many games as we've won so far. I fancy us now that Hughton's gone.

  14. #113
    Matchday Squad
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,451

    Default Re: Dane Murphy - CEO

    Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    He says he has full autonomy in recruitment of players, coaches and managers. So, either he's not entirely honest, or some of the recent narratives were gross exaggerations.
    Which “narratives” are you referring too Greek?.

    We’ve got to be careful not to believe gossip, social
    Media tattle in this. There’s so much hot air around football these days you pretty much routinely get compjj oh early conflicting views on issues every single day


  15. #114
    Matchday Squad
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,451

    Default Re: Dane Murphy - CEO

    Sorry-I meant completely opposite views on every issue.

    I shouldn't be allowed an iPhone-it seems to wait until I'm about to write anything and then turns it to gobbledygook just as I press the send button!


  16. #115
    First Team
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    8,588

    Default Re: Dane Murphy - CEO

    Quote Originally Posted by cheapseats View Post
    Which “narratives” are you referring too Greek?.

    We’ve got to be careful not to believe gossip, social
    Media tattle in this. There’s so much hot air around football these days you pretty much routinely get compjj oh early conflicting views on issues every single day
    The stories about Vrentzos breathing down the American's neck and the latter being on the verge of resigning.


  17. #116
    Wally Ardron
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    On the Brexit Border
    Posts
    1,776

    Default Re: Dane Murphy - CEO

    Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    The stories about Vrentzos breathing down the American's neck and the latter being on the verge of resigning.
    Perhaps Vrentzos needed shaking off like a snakes skin before Murphy agreed to continue in the role that he wanted, which is the one he described to the fans.


  18. #117
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Dock Of The Bay, Bakersfield NG3.
    Posts
    14,653

    Default Re: Dane Murphy - CEO

    Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    The stories about Vrentzos breathing down the American's neck and the latter being on the verge of resigning.
    As you say, "stories".


  19. #118
    Matchday Squad
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,451

    Default Re: Dane Murphy - CEO

    Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    As you say, "stories".
    Exactly.

    One thing Dane doesn't seem to lack is a spine and anyone going into a CEO role (or chief operating officer, whatever you want to call it) of any decent sized company will expect a bit of argy bargy at the beginning whilst getting bedded in. Its the territory. I don't for one minute think he threw his toys out of the pram and threaten resignation within the first month. For a start it would be just as likely to weaken his position as strengthen it and hes no fool.
    I think its just gossip....


  20. #119
    Matchday Squad
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,451

    Default Re: Dane Murphy - CEO

    Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    As you say, "stories".
    Exactly.

    One thing Dane doesn't seem to lack is a spine and anyone going into a CEO role (or chief operating officer, whatever you want to call it) of any decent sized company will expect a bit of argy bargy at the beginning whilst getting bedded in. Its the territory. I don't for one minute think he threw his toys out of the pram and threaten resignation within the first month. For a start it would be just as likely to weaken his position as strengthen it and hes no fool.
    I think its just gossip....


  21. #120
    Massive Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    On Tour
    Posts
    25,271

    Default Re: Dane Murphy - CEO

    Is cenobite still about anymore? If so I hope he is alright


  22. #121
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,123

    Default Re: Dane Murphy - CEO

    I still feel that nothing has been said regarding Dane's long term planning.

    He was born in the USA, just got married in the States to an American girl. It seems to me quite an obvious question, does he see his future in English sport and particularly at NFFC?

    In other words, if he leaves Forest even in the next few years, who will we appoint then? Are we on the same trajectory as the regular change in manager?


  23. #122
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Dock Of The Bay, Bakersfield NG3.
    Posts
    14,653

    Default Re: Dane Murphy - CEO

    Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    I still feel that nothing has been said regarding Dane's long term planning.

    He was born in the USA, just got married in the States to an American girl. It seems to me quite an obvious question, does he see his future in English sport and particularly at NFFC?

    In other words, if he leaves Forest even in the next few years, who will we appoint then? Are we on the same trajectory as the regular change in manager?
    There's no point in getting overly-concerned about something we can't affect Richard. If Murphy is headhunted by another club in two-or-three-years time, it's likely to mean that he will have achieved something significant here. If that turns out to be the case, just enjoy the ride.


  24. #123
    Grenville Morris
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cloud Cuckoo Land
    Posts
    29,174

    Default Re: Dane Murphy - CEO

    Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    I still feel that nothing has been said regarding Dane's long term planning.

    He was born in the USA, just got married in the States to an American girl. It seems to me quite an obvious question, does he see his future in English sport and particularly at NFFC?

    In other words, if he leaves Forest even in the next few years, who will we appoint then? Are we on the same trajectory as the regular change in manager?
    The trajectory is likely to be decided by the success of the new operating model. If it's working then a replacement for Dane will be a continuation appointment. If it's not worked well the chances are the club will be up for sale and so the new approach will be whatever the new ownership fancy.


  25. #124
    Matchday Squad
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,451

    Default Re: Dane Murphy - CEO

    Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    I still feel that nothing has been said regarding Dane's long term planning.

    He was born in the USA, just got married in the States to an American girl. It seems to me quite an obvious question, does he see his future in English sport and particularly at NFFC?

    In other words, if he leaves Forest even in the next few years, who will we appoint then? Are we on the same trajectory as the regular change in manager?
    Why are you worrying about this?. He’s just been appointed and English football is rammed full of players, managers and coaches who no are from abroad so it’s hardly an untested situation. He’s young and he didn’t have a glamorous playing career so he will have to earn a living. His American wife will find something to do until such time they can retire to New England but that’s going to be decades…


  26. #125

    Default Re: Dane Murphy - CEO

    Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    There's no point in getting overly-concerned about something we can't affect Richard. If Murphy is headhunted by another club in two-or-three-years time, it's likely to mean that he will have achieved something significant here. If that turns out to be the case, just enjoy the ride.
    And made us a lot more attractive as a club and out things in place that can be a blueprint


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •