Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cheikh Niasse

Wally Ardron

Default Re: Cheikh Niasse

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Or Anyone
    He's like a shitter version of Sammy Clingan- who can't pass and whose main attributes are falling over, fouling and getting cards.

Absolute fraud.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

They see me trollin'

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Fossil View Post
    He's like a shitter version of Sammy Clingan- who can't pass and whose main attributes are falling over, fouling and getting cards.

Absolute fraud.
    You're being too nice with that, frankly.

Viv Anderson

Absolute fraud.
    I think you're being quite harsh on Colback in terms of his first stint here.

Since then, injury appears to have taken its toll, and from my observation the play largely looks to pass him by much of the time.

First Team

So looks like this guy didn't Cheikh in with us...

Wally Ardron

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    I think you're being quite harsh on Colback in terms of his first stint here.

Since then, injury appears to have taken its toll, and from my observation the play largely looks to pass him by much of the time.
    No I completely agree. He was more than decent in his first stint.

Not sure if it's his injury, sitting in the stands at Newcastle for so long or whether he's just lost his desire after having to drop down a level.

Viv Anderson

Not sure if it's his injury, sitting in the stands at Newcastle for so long or whether he's just lost his desire after having to drop down a level.
    Possibly so. He also incurred that nasty ankle-ligaments injury after only a few games following his return last year.

He certainly hasn't been the same player since.

First Team

Probably a combination of all of it. He's 33, not played for a year before rejoining us, spent most of last year injured or out of the team, he's getting older anyway... I think some of the season he was back with the barcodes he had an injury as well.

Wally Ardron

Quote Originally Posted by Statto View Post
    Probably a combination of all of it. He's 33, not played for a year before rejoining us, spent most of last year injured or out of the team, he's getting older anyway... I think some of the season he was back with the barcodes he had an injury as well.
    Plus he was playing with Geddy- spraying balls around left, right and centre in his first stint.....and now his partner in crime is Mr Yates

First Team

Plus he was playing with Geddy- spraying balls around left, right and centre in his first stint.....and now his partner in crime is Mr Yates
    He was another who was nowhere near as good 2nd time round (if you count the loan being permanent as 1st and Colback's 2 loans as 1).

Sure thing, he could do a lot of amazing things with a ball but he could also misfire at a lot of trivial stuff as well, Not to mention the number of times he took a long range shot into the stands when there was a better option tactically.

I guess you can't compare stats of a low-risk passer like Colback or Yates who is probably more likely to pass to a teammate but over 5 yards than someone who attempts to be more proactive and risky like Guedioura or Carvalho.

Wally Ardron

Quote Originally Posted by Statto View Post
    He was another who was nowhere near as good 2nd time round (if you count the loan being permanent as 1st and Colback's 2 loans as 1).

Sure thing, he could do a lot of amazing things with a ball but he could also misfire at a lot of trivial stuff as well, Not to mention the number of times he took a long range shot into the stands when there was a better option tactically.

I guess you can't compare stats of a low-risk passer like Colback or Yates who is probably more likely to pass to a teammate but over 5 yards than someone who attempts to be more proactive and risky like Guedioura or Carvalho.
    We desperately need a Geddy MK1 type player.

Desperately.

Hoping Garner or the new Paraguayan chap can be that man.