Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Braian Ojeda Rodriguez

Viv Anderson

Default Re: Braian Ojeda Rodriguez

I was encouraged that he looked to drive forward at pace when the opportunity presented itself on one occasion when things opened up for him.

Hopefully, that can become a regular feature of his game.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Jack Armstrong

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    It shouldn't be underestimated how different the footballing world he came from is to the one at the Championship. Just time on the ball as a single point, you receive so much time compared to Europe.
    Just waiting for the Ryanair flights to Asunción for a fiver now.

30/09/2021: It's only 8 points to the play-offs. Doesn't matter if we're 20th having lost three times as many games as we've won so far. I fancy us now that Hughton's gone.

Matchday Squad

Liked what I saw night , good to hear SC talk g about how they gave him time to settle and get used to life in the U.K.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ian Storey-Moore

I thought he had a great debut last night, seemed to always be available to collect the ball, drove forward well and wasn’t afraid to get stuck in. Great stuff, I hope he gets a run in the team to really push on as we could have a good player in our hands here.

Super Koopa

Nice to see a player come in who is a) fit and b) straight away comfortable with the speed of the game.

Didn’t shirk the challenge. I think he’ll be a good un.

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Haych View Post
    I thought he had a great debut last night, seemed to always be available to collect the ball, drove forward well and wasn’t afraid to get stuck in. Great stuff, I hope he gets a run in the team to really push on as we could have a good player in our hands here.
    He will get another game definitely, might get a run depends how pissed off Cooper is with colback red card

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Harry1982 View Post
    He will get another game definitely, might get a run depends how pissed off Cooper is with colback red card
    He gets the nod over Garner for me now although having played his first full 90 mins I think Cooper will be wary of giving him the start just a couple of days later. Likely it will be Garner and Yates with Ojeda coming off the bench

Sent from my God using Tapatalk

13th Duke of Wybourne

Looks like a player.

"Ive only met Andy....last week actually and can confirm he is in 2nd place in sexiest fucker on here stakes." -Barry

Viv Anderson

To add to the point I made earlier, he played as though he'd had a decent amount of first-team game-time; he was always involved, never drifting out of the game.

An aspect of his performance that I was particularly impressed with was the intelligence of his movement in the most crowded area of the pitch, in a typically-frenetic Championship game; that's an instinctiveness that can't be coached to many players; it's either natural, or eventually comes through experience.

Obviously, it's still very early days to make a full, objective, long-term judgement, but the initial evidence suggest that Dane Murphy and is his analytics people have done their homework on this kid.

Formerly Gandalfthered

Quote Originally Posted by Notcher View Post
    He gets the nod over Garner for me now
    While I think Ojeda had a really promising debut, I thought Garner was excellent last night and when he came on against Reading. Some of the tracking back last night was top drawer.

Good debut

Looked pretty good all round with a nice turn of pace

First Team

I'd play Ojeda with package next game, Garner has been better recently, but it'd have the better blend of creativity and breaking up play.

Grenville Morris

Quote Originally Posted by Djed the Red View Post
    While I think Ojeda had a really promising debut, I thought Garner was excellent last night and when he came on against Reading. Some of the tracking back last night was top drawer.
    Yup thought the same, beginning to think he’s finally back. I did like the combo, but I also think Yates has been excellent so idk.

Ian Storey-Moore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-QqPXDNjho Highlight reel of him from yesterday

Really like the look of this kid. If we continue to make signings like with him, Spence, Lowe etc. we'll just go from strength to strength.

Grenville Morris

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-engelos Mindminackers View Post
    Really like the look of this kid. If we continue to make signings like with him, Spence, Lowe etc. we'll just go from strength to strength.
    Wish Lowe and Spence were actually ours tho

Viv Anderson

Always showed for the ball and wasn't scared to take possession, even in deep positions in midfield.

Was really impressed at how he then looked for openings and drove forward positively with the ball. Such a confident debut.

It reminded me of how David Vaughan played when he was at Blackpool.

Jack Armstrong

Forest's first ever mezzala?

Senior doom Monger

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    Forest's first ever mezzala?
    I had to google that...
    I saw Braian make his debut in U23 game and he was clearly a class above anyone else on the pitch that night.
    And other than MOTM,Samba who was terrific v Luton, Ojeda was the standout out outfield player.
    However, I also remember how good Carvalho looked when he joined us, and Radi and both lost something as time passed.
    I have a feeling that this won't happen with Ojeda though.

Super Koopa

They both lost decent team mates that’s what

Viv Anderson

He's back in the international side for a couple of qualifiers at the end of this month. Would be nice to see him get a few more games in the second half of the season and see how he gets on alongside Yates, could end up replacing Garner next season.

Matchday Squad

So he's away on international duty? It does seem to have gone very quiet for him, a shame if he's taking longer to acclimatise to the English game

Matchday Squad

I think it was always going to be the case that he wouldn't be involved this season, he's young and coming from a completely different style/level of football. We clearly identified him based on his attributes and saw some potential in him (especially considering the age and price) but he still needs a bit of time to develop before hes ready for regular football at this level. Still looks a bit lightweight too

Jack Armstrong

Big ask for a young kid to come half way across the planet and feature regularly.

Not just different style of football but it's a cultural change, away from family.

If giving him the space needed to settle in properly is deemed the right thing to do to ensure he doesn't end up on the bombsquad then so be it, we can wait.

Ian Storey-Moore

He’s a young un, hasn’t looked out of place when he’s played. His future is ahead of him etc.

Pork - Stuffing - Apple Sauce