Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Championship relegation watch

A. Trialist

Default Re: Championship relegation watch

I look forward to us staying up by 1 point as a result of Derby's points deduction.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

oopsy daisy!

Quote Originally Posted by FLC View Post
    I look forward to us staying up by 1 point as a result of Derby's points deduction.
    I hate to break it to you but if things stay as they are Derby could get a 30 point deduction and still finish 8 points above us this season.

Viv Anderson

Fuckingell, this thread should be accompanied with the Samaritans' phone number listed at the top of every page.

Wally Ardron

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    Fuckingell, this thread should be accompanied with the Samaritans' phone number listed at the top of every page.
    Speaking of which,I'm surprised that Forest aren't sponsored by the Samaritans.

Viv Anderson

Ben Brereton and Daniel Ayala have scored for Blackburn tonight, seeing them potentially into 7th place in the league.

Two players who many enjoyed seeing leave Forest, for different reasons.

Mark Warburton, who many mocked and called the 'breadman', is also in and around the playoff places and has a team competing well against one of the favourites for the Championship.

With Albert Adomah off the bench.

But remember, we don't have the quality of players to compete.....

Last edited by BryanRoy22; 14-09-21 at 21:22.

Wally Ardron

Forest now 7/4 joint 2nd favourites with Sky Bet to fall into the 3rd tier sewer.
    Can we find 3 worse teams than us(a question I have asked most seasons in the past 20 years)?
    At the moment,the only sides that look potentially worse are the 3 promoted clubs(Hull,Peterborough and
    Blackpool)and possibly Derby(with their likely points deduction).
    However,it’s still early days-dare we hope for a revival or are we doomed?

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Cloughie1975 View Post
    .....it’s still early days-dare we hope for a revival or are we doomed?
    To even ask that question when there are 120 points still up-for-grabs takes pessimism to a new level Cloughie, even with Hughton at-the-helm.

Wally Ardron

To even ask that question when there are 120 points still up-for-grabs takes pessimism to a new level Cloughie, even with Hughton at-the-helm.
    That's what the last 23 years of supporting Forest have done to me(and others),Otis(aside from the CH debate).

Viv Anderson

That's what the last 23 years of supporting Forest have done to me(and others),Otis(aside from the CH debate).
    Good response.

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy22 View Post
    Ben Brereton and Daniel Ayala have scored for Blackburn tonight, seeing them potentially into 7th place in the league.

Two players who many enjoyed seeing leave Forest, for different reasons.

Mark Warburton, who many mocked and called the 'breadman', is also in and around the playoff places and has a team competing well against one of the favourites for the Championship.

With Albert Adomah off the bench.

But remember, we don't have the quality of players to compete.....
    4 goals in 7 for Ben Brereton this season now, after playing as an international in the Summer.

People will be along to tell us shortly 7m was a good deal, despite the fact that if he continues as he is doing (and as some of us expected him to do, recognizing he was only an 18 year old with all the attributes to succeed, but in need of time to develop them) he'll probably be worth double that season end.

I think at this moment in time Blackburn would be asking for 10m at least.

His finish wasn't half bad either......

Last edited by Alf-engelos Mindminackers; 15-09-21 at 11:12.

Ian Storey-Moore

All those forward passes and players runiing forward at speed. Clearly don't know what they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by derbyshirered View Post
    All those forward passes and players runiing forward at speed. Clearly don't know what they are doing.
    Tbf, if you read the match reports they say BB was starved of service most the match until Khadra and Butterworth came on.

So it goes to show how important good subs are too

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-engelos Mindminackers View Post
    4 goals in 7 for Ben Brereton this season now, after playing as an international in the Summer.

People will be along to tell us shortly 7m was a good deal, despite the fact that if he continues as he is doing (and as some of us expected him to do, recognizing he was only an 18 year old with all the attributes to succeed, but in need of time to develop them) he'll probably be worth double that season end.

I'll be one of those "people" Alf by saying that although I was a little disappointed we sold him at that time, I can understand why we did, especially at that price.

Ben has taken two further seasons to develop the consistency that he's now starting to display, and if his club manager at the time isn't prepared to show the patience that Mowbray has, and the player wants away for that reason (Tyler Walker being another example), the club has to make a decision. On the following occasions I've seen him turn out against us, I've never even had the need to think by selling him "we dropped a proper bollock there!".

This situation probably reflects more on the type of manager that Mowbray is than anything else, despite regularly coming under fire from Blackburn fans during his tenure there, and I'm not having a pop at you when I suggest that hindsight is something that we football fans possess in abundance, myself as much as anyone else.

Grenville Morris

Quote Originally Posted by derbyshirered View Post
    First thing I thought.

30/09/2021: It's only 8 points to the play-offs. Doesn't matter if we're 20th having lost three times as many games as we've won so far. I fancy us now that Hughton's gone.

Grenville Morris

I'll be one of those "people" Alf by saying that although I was a little disappointed we sold him at that time, I can understand why we did, especially at that price.

Ben has taken two further seasons to develop the consistency that he's now starting to display, and if his club manager at the time isn't prepared to show the patience that Mowbray has, and the player wants away for that reason (Tyler Walker being another example), the club has to make a decision. On the following occasions I've seen him turn out against us, I've never even had the need to think by selling him "we dropped a proper bollock there!".

This situation probably reflects more on the type of manager that Mowbray is than anything else, despite regularly coming under fire from Blackburn fans during his tenure there, and I'm not having a pop at you when I suggest that hindsight is something that we football fans possess in abundance, myself as much as anyone else.
    Fair comment.

£7m at the time was neither good nor bad. He was untested so we could have either:

1) Sold him, used the money to reinvest for immediate quality.
    2) Let him develop further at Forest so he became our main striker and, hopefully, worth more than £7m after a couple of years.

In the end we did neither. That's not a complaint about the sale, but about what we did after it.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    Fair comment.

£7m at the time was neither good nor bad. He was untested so we could have either:

1) Sold him, used the money to reinvest for immediate quality.
    2) Let him develop further at Forest so he became our main striker and, hopefully, worth more than £7m after a couple of years.

In the end we did neither. That's not a complaint about the sale, but about what we did after it.
    It is, and similarly Arvin Appiah, another young prospect who has so far failed to make a meaningful impact elsewhere.

It is, and similarly Arvin Appiah, another young prospect who has so far failed to make a meaningful impact elsewhere.
    Slight difference though being that BB was in the first team and did, IMHO, look like a player who could grow into a good Champ/potential Prem player.

Like I've said before, if we'd have sold him, bought Grabs with the money, then backed AK fully with further signings he wanted over the next several years I could see the point. But we didn't.

And when he was sold he was also written off as we supposedly "had Blackburn's pants down". A comment which baffled me as at 18 years old he looked like a raw talent with a lot of attributes which make for good forwards in this league.

Appiah understan more because he'd not shown at this level he was capable of anything. If you're 18 and scoring goals in this league though, chances are you're only going to go on, get better and score more. And whilst Mowbray might have had some input into that, we too can employ managers that actually fit our squad too if we actually put some thought and effort into it for a change.

Viv Anderson

Slight difference though being that BB was in the first team and did, IMHO, look like a player who could grow into a good Champ/potential Prem player.

Like I've said before, if we'd have sold him, bought Grabs with the money, then backed AK fully with further signings he wanted over the next several years I could see the point. But we didn't.

And when he was sold he was also written off as we supposedly "had Blackburn's pants down". A comment which baffled me as at 18 years old he looked like a raw talent with a lot of attributes which make for good forwards in this league.

Appiah understan more because he'd not shown at this level he was capable of anything. If you're 18 and scoring goals in this league though, chances are you're only going to go on, get better and score more. And whilst Mowbray might have had some input into that, we too can employ managers that actually fit our squad too if we actually put some thought and effort into it for a change.
    I'm still to be convinced with the rest of your reply, but with regard to your last point I absolutely agree.

Hopefully, that's the kind of structure that Murphy will be building towards, whereby we'll have a defined recruitment and playing identity with a head-coach to fit, rather than lurching from one manager's style to another's, as has been the case for the last 22-years, not just under EM.

Last edited by Otis Redd'un; 15-09-21 at 16:19.

Impressive member

Hoping the new man will help us extricate ourselves from this thread.

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

Wally Ardron

Well, the weekend has put the cat among the pigeons.
    Latest Sky Bet odds-
    Derby-1/10
    Hull-15/8
    Blackpool-2/1
    Forest-2/1
    Peterborough-2/1
    I make the next 2 home games at the City Ground against Millwall and Blackpool crucial-we need to turn our home
    form round.

Gaff Lad

Not often I see you using swear words Frank.

Sorry I'm late to the party, I've been away on my jollies.

Last edited by rockabilly; 18-09-21 at 19:28.

Wally Ardron

4/1/19

Brilliant peice of business by the club. Didn't want him to leave, but if the rumours are true about him pushing to then we've made the absolute most of the situation.

15/9/21

Wally Ardron

Well,another weekend passes and Forest are firmly embroiled in the Championship relegation battle.
    Latest Sky Bet odds-
    Derby-no odds given
    Peterborough-13/8
    Hull-15/8
    Forest-9/4
    Interestingly,we play Peterborough and Hull at home in December,and our final 2 away games are against.........
    Peterborough and Hull!!

Well,another weekend passes and Forest are firmly embroiled in the Championship relegation battle.
    Latest Sky Bet odds-
    Derby-no odds given
    Peterborough-13/8
    Hull-15/8
    Forest-9/4
    Interestingly,we play Peterborough and Hull at home in December,and our final 2 away games are against.........
    Peterborough and Hull!!
    Think that's a fair price tbh, and it's still in our favour. To my mind there's too many positives at the club for us to actually go down, but we've still one hell of a slog on.

Really it's all about the new dynamic, in recruitment specifically, catching up on the gargantuan mismanagement from the past 3 years. Lowe & Spence look great lands already, so if Ojeda can bring a bit of something and we get a similar quality forward or two in come Jan (dare I suggest maybe even a new keeper if Horvath doesn't step up, and Samba doesn't re-find his prime form) then we'll hopefully be OK.

Between now & then it's grab a point where poss, dim the lights, go to infrared, and pray to god.

Wally Ardron

Yes,it's all about hanging on and not being cast adrift.
    This weeks games present an opportunity on the road-especially against a Barnsley side that have only scored 6
    goals all season(we are surely due a result against them!).
    I expect another dour struggle at Brum next Saturday(a 0-0 wouldn't be bad).