Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 118

Thread: Fin Back

      
  1. #26
    Wally Ardron
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,553

    Default Re: Fin Back

    If this lad has any of the drive and determination his dad had he’s going to be a special player for sure. I’m not a massive rugby fan but a few of us went to watch Nottingham play rugby home and away for a short while (one of the few places you could get a beer during the day before all day opening). Neil Back played for Nottingham briefly and you noticed him immediately - seemed to be playing ten times faster and harder than anyone else with a shock of long blonde hair.


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #27
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Dock Of The Bay, Bakersfield NG3.
    Posts
    14,529

    Default Re: Fin Back

    Quote Originally Posted by GOBIAS View Post
    Surely less mundane than keeping the 60’s cowshed there now.
    Absolutely. The fucking bus-shelter around the corner on Radcliffe Road is more fit-for-purpose!


  4. #28
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    12,947

    Default Re: Fin Back

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    If this lad has any of the drive and determination his dad had he’s going to be a special player for sure. I’m not a massive rugby fan but a few of us went to watch Nottingham play rugby home and away for a short while (one of the few places you could get a beer during the day before all day opening). Neil Back played for Nottingham briefly and you noticed him immediately - seemed to be playing ten times faster and harder than anyone else with a shock of long blonde hair.
    How many players are there with a shock of long blonde hair?


  5. #29
    First Team
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Getting High
    Posts
    7,535

    Default Re: Fin Back

    Lad.

    Needs to be in the team tbh, and unlike a lot of the other kids who played (most of whom were older) he didn't seem to break down either.

    Not bad for a kid who seemingly only just got his A-level results


  6. #30
    Bob McKinlay
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    98,217

    Default Re: Fin Back

    To say he is „only“ 18, he displayed a maturity and fearlessness beyond his years tonight.

    A bright prospect, one Forest need to nurture. There’s a player there.

    „I believe in socialism because it seems more humanitarian, rather than every man for himself and 'I'm alright jack' and all those arsehole businessmen with all the loot. I made up my mind from viewing society from that angle. That's where I'm from and there's where I've made my decisions from. That's why I believe in socialism“

    „Don't forget you're alive. 'Cause sometimes when you walk around the city and you're in a bad mood, you can think, hey, wait a minute, we're alive! We don't know what the next second will bring and what a fantastic thing this is. This can get easily forgotten in the routine of life, and that's something I'm trying to bring to my attention at all times. Don't forget you're alive. We're not dead, you know. This is the greatest thing.”

    — Joe Strummer

  7. #31
    May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    42,543

    Default Re: Fin Back

    One or two shanked passes but the rest of his contribution was very good - some well considered blocks and tackles

    By "relegation battle", do you mean 7th, 12th or 14th?

    Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

  8. #32
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,134

    Default Re: Fin Back

    His pass to Zinc for the first goal was amazing, perfectly weighted, perfectly aimed made it so easy for Zinc to square for JC.

    Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk


  9. #33
    Ian Storey-Moore
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    4,084

    Default Re: Fin Back

    Really grew into the game. Was worried at first that he'd get bullied physically but he was outstanding second half when we were under the cosh a bit.

    If we can find him a loan deal in L1/2 he really might be the answer for next season.


  10. #34
    Nigel Clough
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    7,011

    Default Re: Fin Back

    For an 18 year old making his professional debut, he was very good. Think he's got a bright future ahead of him.


  11. #35

    Default Re: Fin Back

    Quote Originally Posted by gamble View Post
    His pass to Zinc for the first goal was amazing, perfectly weighted, perfectly aimed made it so easy for Zinc to square for JC.

    Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
    Yes It was, how many passes like that did we see last year ? Cant think of many.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  12. #36
    Ian Storey-Moore
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Stratford Upon Avon
    Posts
    2,848

    Default Re: Fin Back

    I listened to the game on Talk Sport and they were raving about him.....saying what a fantastic prospect he is...


  13. #37
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    13,242

    Default Re: Fin Back

    How good was he?

    Performed like a seasoned professional especially when we were on the back-foot 2nd half with some really smart defending.


  14. #38
    Impressive member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Arkham Asylum
    Posts
    14,897

    Default Re: Fin Back

    Quote Originally Posted by Hughton,we have a problem View Post
    Yes It was, how many passes like that did we see last year ? Cant think of many.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The 'm' in that last word wasn't needed.

    Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk


  15. #39
    Senior doom Monger
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Vale of Belvoir
    Posts
    23,358

    Default Re: Fin Back

    Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    How good was he?

    Performed like a seasoned professional especially when we were on the back-foot 2nd half with some really smart defending.
    He reminded me of the young Matty Cash.
    Robust as a defender, willing to charge forward with the ball, decent end product, and has the energy and motivation to get back into posiiton.
    One game I know, but a very pomising debut.
    I think we would see more of him this season, but the recruitment of Tu-Tu has probably put an end to that prospect.


  16. #40
    Grenville Morris
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cloud Cuckoo Land
    Posts
    28,757

    Default Re: Fin Back

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    He reminded me of the young Matty Cash.
    Robust as a defender, willing to charge forward with the ball, decent end product, and has the energy and motivation to get back into posiiton.
    One game I know, but a very pomising debut.
    I think we would see more of him this season, but the recruitment of Tu-Tu has probably put an end to that prospect.
    Back can play CM too.

    .k I m
    I m u mm

  17. #41
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Dock Of The Bay, Bakersfield NG3.
    Posts
    14,529

    Default Re: Fin Back

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    He reminded me of the young Matty Cash.
    Robust as a defender, willing to charge forward with the ball, decent end product, and has the energy and motivation to get back into posiiton.
    One game I know, but a very pomising debut.
    I think we would see more of him this season, but the recruitment of Tu-Tu has probably put an end to that prospect.
    Fin is primarily regarded as a midfielder anyway, so there are other potential openings for him.

    Edit: just noted the post above.


  18. #42
    The Duchess
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    18,520

    Default Fin Back

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    He reminded me of the young Matty Cash.
    Robust as a defender, willing to charge forward with the ball, decent end product, and has the energy and motivation to get back into posiiton.
    One game I know, but a very pomising debut.
    I think we would see more of him this season, but the recruitment of Tu-Tu has probably put an end to that prospect.
    Not only did we lose Cash but we also lost the relationship he shared with Lolley which sadly left us with a vulnerability down the right side.

    The introduction of TuTu will hopefully provide us with that spark, help Back’s career development and provide the team with flexibility, choice and a little friendly player competition.

    At 18, Back has a promising career ahead of him but to prosper he needs a great deal of support, guidance and experience which Forest can and will provide. Watch this space.

    Last edited by T.B.T.; 13-08-21 at 09:23.
    'Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings' - Salvador Dali 1904-1989

    I think 'odd' is a good thing. Oddness shows originality, uniqueness and a desire to be different from the masses. Oddness is, maybe, only deemed 'odd' by the majority who are considered less odd but only by their own blinkered observations and understanding. Oddness should never be criticised but be encouraged to nurture, develop individualism and to explore the mind rather than conform to expectation and 'normality'. Many of the world's greatest works of art and prose were born from those minds many considered to be 'odd'.
    [/url]

  19. #43

  20. #44
    Matchday Squad
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    1,174

    Default Re: Fin Back

    Good signing

    We need some F'in Backs


  21. #45
    Ian Storey-Moore
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    4,084

    Default Re: Fin Back

    Hopefully now we have a bit of depth at RB we can get Back out on loan somewhere for the season. He clearly needs to add a bit of muscle and a year in Barrow (or similar) would do him the world of good.


  22. #46
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    12,947

    Default Re: Fin Back

    Good to see you posting; you haven't been consumed in the fire.


  23. #47
    Senior doom Monger
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Vale of Belvoir
    Posts
    23,358

    Default Re: Fin Back

    Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    Fin is primarily regarded as a midfielder anyway, so there are other potential openings for him.

    Edit: just noted the post above.
    As a midfielder he played a mighty fine game at right back.
    It would be good to see him and Tyrese alongside each other in those midfield roles in a championship game.
    I reckon Tyrese will give Cafu a bit of a wake-up call, and Ryan Yates too for that matter.
    Back could do the same for Colback.


  24. #48
    Wally Ardron
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,553

    Default Re: Fin Back

    Quote Originally Posted by Loughborough_red View Post
    Hopefully now we have a bit of depth at RB we can get Back out on loan somewhere for the season. He clearly needs to add a bit of muscle and a year in Barrow (or similar) would do him the world of good.
    I’m in Barrow right now. A year here wouldn’t do anyone any good.


  25. #49
    Ian Storey-Moore
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    4,084

    Default Re: Fin Back

    I was there the other week (me and the Mrs used it as a cheap base to explore the lakes) and I see what you mean.

    It'd certainly put hairs on his chest though.


  26. #50
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    182

    Default Re: Fin Back

    Now he's had a taste of it he'll want more. A loan move to a L1 club would be ideal, did wonders for Johnson, Cash, Yates and Worrall


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •