Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New FIFA rule format

Ian Storey-Moore

Default New FIFA rule format

As per Mundo Deportivo, Fifa are reportedly trying out a new system for football:

- 2x 30 minute halves
    - Clock stops when the ball leaves the field
    - Unlimited subs
    - Kick-ins (to replace throw-ins)
    - 5 minute sin-bin for a yellow card

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

First Team

Default Re: New FIFA rule format

Quote Originally Posted by Notcher View Post
    As per Mundo Deportivo, Fifa are reportedly trying out a new system for football:

- 2x 30 minute halves
    - Unlimited subs

I can get on board with the sin bins, 30 min halves and clock stopping. Not sure about kick ins and unlimited subs

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I can get on board with the sin bins, 30 min halves and clock stopping. Not sure about kick ins and unlimited subs
    I read somewhere that Arsene Wenger suggested that kick ins should replace throw ins in the last 15 mins of the game in your opponents half. This was to stop time wasting and apparently the stats show no advantage from throw ins in an attacking area.

That idea I would be on board with.

Massive Member

Unlimited subs heavily favour those sides with 100m worth of players on the bench, so I expect the rules to be in place soon

Wally Ardron

- 2x 30 minute halves
    - Unlimited subs

I'd tell FIFA and UEFA(allegedly corrupt quangos)to stick their rule changes and interference where the sun
    rarely shines.

Bunch of ****s

Matchday Squad

The only one of those I can see people being ok with is the stoppage of time while the balls not in play

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Cloughie1975 View Post
    I'd tell FIFA and UEFA(allegedly corrupt quangos)to stick their rule changes and interference where the sun
    rarely shines.
    The ball in play thing is a good idea imo. The game is at its worst when teams take the piss with injuries, goal kicks, free kicks etc.

Ian Storey-Moore

For what it's worth the only part I'm in favour of is the clock stops when the ball goes out and the Wenger version of kicks ins late in the game, although I'm not sure if that's what is being trialled.

Ian Storey-Moore

Almost forgot, we all know where this is leading anyway. All rule trials are a smokescreen except for one.....The 60 minute halves.

FIFA will then argue that players will be less fatigued so more games can be played, therefore increasing revenue from advertising for virtually none stop games.

I'll bet a winter and summer league won't be far behind that.

Wally Ardron

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    The ball in play thing is a good idea imo. The game is at its worst when teams take the piss with injuries, goal kicks, free kicks etc.
    My solution would be to add the time on and send off players who waste time(and dive)-the rules don't need
    changing but the attitude of coaches and players does.

Matchday Squad

To me it looks like FIFA trying to push changes that would appeal more to the american market

Francis Benali (on loan)

- 2x 30 minute halves
    - Unlimited subs

I love it. I wanted to see 30 mins each half and a game clock for ages.

The traditionalist in me would be sad if ninety minutes was ever replaced. I even bought the magazine. It part of the jumpers for goalposts stuff. Football is a ninety minute game, innit. But the reality is it never has been - we know the ball is in play for less than an hour every match. We would not be losing any football, we'd be gaining it. Presumably we don't have game clocks because the game was invented when that wouldn't have been possible, and the ref just said "Lets stop for oranges at 3.45pm". If you were inventing the sport today you never suggest a continuous clock that teams could run down by preventing the game from being played.

We know in the last fifteen minutes of any match, the winning team will prioritise making sure as little football as possible is played. Everybody except fans of the team winning hates watching it. If there's no advantage to rolling on the floor and calling on the trainer when they're not injured, or making multiple subs in the last two minutes, having substituted players walk off at snails pace, etc.... they'd stop doing it. And football would be a better game to watch.

Also, we have no need for this farcical situation we have in every single game where stats says the ball has been in play for less than an hour, and the officials randomly decide that somehow means they need to play four added minutes.

The Sky wankers thread will be up in arms again. But this could stop so much of time wasting and injury feigning they hate.

Last edited by Francis Benali (on loan); 17-07-21 at 20:17.

Wally Ardron

Quote Originally Posted by Any Time Now View Post
    To me it looks like FIFA trying to push changes that would appeal more to the american market
    Quite possibly true-in that case why don't FIFA fuck off and run the American game.

Francis Benali (on loan)

At the rate yellow cards are now handed out, sin bin for every one doesn't work for me. That'll be a lot 'powerplays' for the most innocuous stuff, and encourage teams even more to try to get opponents booked.

Do think cards and suspensions need a change. A player sent off in the fifth minute leaves his team having to get a result a man short. That's punishment enough. There doesn't have to be a player suspension for the next game.

If a player takes a red to stop a goal in the last minute when one goal up, the red and one game suspension isn't enough punishment if anything. Cheating was still worth it. And if the punishment isn't a deterrent for the cheating, the punishment's not right.

Same with Chiellini hauling back Saka. Could have been an England goal to win the tournament. Chiellini had everything to gain and nothing to lose by cheating because the rules aren't quite right.
    Those things should make governors of the game look for ways to improving it. It's clearly not a perfect game. There's things we see every week that we all hate. It's not automatically Americanisation of the beautiful game to make it better. Nobody wishes keepers could still pick up backpasses.

Last edited by Francis Benali (on loan); 17-07-21 at 20:19.

13th Duke of Wybourne

Clock should stop when ball goes out of play but they should still play 45 minutes.

"Ive only met Andy....last week actually and can confirm he is in 2nd place in sexiest fucker on here stakes." -Barry

Viv Anderson

Please don't become like cricket and keep changing the format of the game. Our game is popular enough as it is; I'm not against tweaking the laws to encourage players to get on with the game, but to radically alter the format to suit advertisers and TV would be suicide.

Viv Anderson

Introducing kick ins will be the end of Hoof throw and that makes me sad.

Sent from my SM-A426B using Tapatalk

Viv Anderson

I can still fondly remember when games almost always ended at twenty-to-five on a Saturday afternoon and ten-past-nine on a midweek night.

Inequity & hypocrisy

- 2x 30 minute halves
    - Unlimited subs

NO NO NO NO NO !!!!!

Why is there always someone trying to fuck the game up? Football is the most popular sport in the world for a reason, leave it alone FFS !!!

Viv Anderson

So instead of upholding current laws FIFA want to change the rules because of cheating

Must be money to be made somewhere

Francis Benali (on loan)

They want to trial a way of taking away the advantage of cheating to stop it.

There is no way, when a player stays down to receive treatment, for an official to decide which is genuine and which isn't . Never has been even before Sky.

Sometimes you get feeling the #skywankersruinedfootball club want football to remain in an unsatisfactory state because like like moaning about it just the way it is.

Last edited by Francis Benali (on loan); 18-07-21 at 12:20.

Francis Benali (on loan)

There would probably need to be some kind of out of play clock too. Similar to the way the stop tennis players, American football teams, etc get on with it.

With a game clock, the winning team would still try to break up any momentum by slowing down every restart.

Ian Storey-Moore

No to all of them, don’t give the fuckers an inch ‘cause they’ll take a mile and before you know it there’s no relegations and all but 6 clubs die.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post
    They want to trial a way of taking away the advantage of cheating to stop it.

There is no way, when a player stays down to receive treatment, for an official to decide which is genuine and which isn't . Never has been even before Sky.

Sometimes you get feeling the #skywankersruinedfootball club want football to remain in an unsatisfactory state because like like moaning about it just the way it is.
    Lot of fucking about because players & managers are dishonest

I'm a fully paid up member of skywankersruinedfootball