Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 39 of 39

Thread: New FIFA rule format

      
  1. #26
    Upper Decker
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    In acres of space
    Posts
    43,023

    Default Re: New FIFA rule format

    Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post
    At the rate yellow cards are now handed out, sin bin for every one doesn't work for me. That'll be a lot 'powerplays' for the most innocuous stuff, and encourage teams even more to try to get opponents booked.

    Do think cards and suspensions need a change. A player sent off in the fifth minute leaves his team having to get a result a man short. That's punishment enough. There doesn't have to be a player suspension for the next game.

    If a player takes a red to stop a goal in the last minute when one goal up, the red and one game suspension isn't enough punishment if anything. Cheating was still worth it. And if the punishment isn't a deterrent for the cheating, the punishment's not right.

    Same with Chiellini hauling back Saka. Could have been an England goal to win the tournament. Chiellini had everything to gain and nothing to lose by cheating because the rules aren't quite right.
    Those things should make governors of the game look for ways to improving it. It's clearly not a perfect game. There's things we see every week that we all hate. It's not automatically Americanisation of the beautiful game to make it better. Nobody wishes keepers could still pick up backpasses.
    You make some excellent points, and I agree with pretty much everything you've written on the proposed law changes Francis.

    Many of us will remember when a defender could deliberately foul a player who was clean through on goal and only receive a yellow for the offence. After Willie Young's deliberate foul in the 1980 FA Cup final, there was outrage and a strong consensus that the law needed to be changed.

    To me the Chiellini foul is on a similar level - a high profile example that crime does pay under the current laws. I would have enjoyed it every bit as much as Italian fans, but in their cooler moments I'm sure most would agree that something has to change.

    All that is needed is an amendment to the Denying an Obvious Goal Scoring Opportunity law imo. After all, it is already an offence which is left to the discretion of the referee.

    THE TRUTH IS THERE AND WITH IT I GO TO THE END OF THE WORLD .

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #27
    May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    42,680

    Default Re: New FIFA rule format

    Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post
    They want to trial a way of taking away the advantage of cheating to stop it.

    There is no way, when a player stays down to receive treatment, for an official to decide which is genuine and which isn't . Never has been even before Sky.

    Sometimes you get feeling the #skywankersruinedfootball club want football to remain in an unsatisfactory state because like like moaning about it just the way it is.
    Any player for whom the game is stopped for treatment takes a 5 minute medical time out.

    If injured, 5 mins is needed.
    If not injured, 5 mins is needed.

    By "relegation battle", do you mean 7th, 12th or 14th?

    Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

  4. #28
    Gaff Lad
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    On the Fairground.
    Posts
    23,906

    Default Re: New FIFA rule format




  5. #29
    Francis Benali (on loan)
    Guest

    Default Re: New FIFA rule format

    Quote Originally Posted by Flagman View Post
    Any player for whom the game is stopped for treatment takes a 5 minute medical time out.

    If injured, 5 mins is needed.
    If not injured, 5 mins is needed.
    Sort of like the cricket rule where a player leaving the field cannot bowl after they've returned for the same length of time as they were off. That could work for as a deterrent for the play acting.

    But wouldn't that penalised a player who is genuinely injured unfairly? What happens when we're losing 1-0 with five minutes to go and their shithouse defender puts in a dodgy tackle on our star striker and injures them. Defender is booked and gets to defends for the last five minute. Star striker is hurt and receives treatment - once play resumes we have to try to score without them. Works out for the shithouse, but we've been nobbled.


  6. #30
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Trent End
    Posts
    18,454

    Default Re: New FIFA rule format

    This regime of FIFA is an absolute joke when it comes to rule changes. There is a time for overhaul, and it's no time in the future. They really really need to stop. Fix the current problems with VAR before anything else is even considered.

    They have changed too much as it is, KDB commented there were about 5 rule changes in the first 10 years of his career, under the current FIFA regime there is around 20-30 a year. It's too much.


  7. #31

    Default Re: New FIFA rule format

    I'd like to see the banning of substitutions after the 80th minute (and 110th minute in extra time). I find the drip drip of subs in the twilight of the game really annoying.

    One thing I am surprised they aren't trialing though is the reduction of heading the ball given all the recent concern of the effects of heading the ball on the onset of dementia later in life. Perhaps they could start with baning it outside of the areas as a start. I remember heading a soggy leather ball kicked down field by a goalkeeper and it feeling like my brain travelled down my body, hit the floor and bounced back up into my head.


  8. #32
    Matchday Squad
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Canada/Mexico
    Posts
    688

    Default Re: New FIFA rule format

    I don't really get why football needs Fifa.

    The world cup is the only thing worthwhile that they do, and I'm sure regional organizations could all come together to organize it without them.

    I was done with Fifa when the bastards banned memorial poppies on national team shirts. There would be no Fifa if it wasn't for the people recognized by those poppies.

    Every year Fifa changes rules just to justify their jobs, no other reason.


  9. #33
    May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    42,680

    Default Re: New FIFA rule format

    Quote Originally Posted by I'm Red Till Dead View Post
    I'd like to see the banning of substitutions after the 80th minute (and 110th minute in extra time). I find the drip drip of subs in the twilight of the game really annoying.

    One thing I am surprised they aren't trialing though is the reduction of heading the ball given all the recent concern of the effects of heading the ball on the onset of dementia later in life. Perhaps they could start with baning it outside of the areas as a start. I remember heading a soggy leather ball kicked down field by a goalkeeper and it feeling like my brain travelled down my body, hit the floor and bounced back up into my head.
    Ball dead, clock stops.
    A subbed player has 20 seconds to leave the pitch else yellow card.
    Game restarts when the new sub sets foot on the pitch, not waiting for him to take his place in the wall or whatever.
    BRING BACK CONTESTED DROP BALL.
    Linesman drops a marker where the throw in shall be taken from, not negotiable.

    All these wouls improve the game on offer.


  10. #34
    Upper Decker
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    In acres of space
    Posts
    43,023

    Default Re: New FIFA rule format

    I'd take the seconds countdown idea from The 100 and apply it to throw ins, substitutions and goal kicks.

    Take longer than 6 secs for a throw in or a goal kick and it goes to the opposition.

    For substitutions the clock is stopped, but Take longer than 25 seconds and the player coming on is yellow carded.


  11. #35
    Wally Ardron
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Cotgrave
    Posts
    1,544

    Default Re: New FIFA rule format

    I'd introduce a sin bin for yellow card offences


  12. #36
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,157

    Default Re: New FIFA rule format

    I'd appoint me to change all the rules back to comply with the Laws of the Game.

    A benevolent dictator, that's me. A make refs yellow card all those idiot players who grab the ball and run away with it every time a free kick or throw in is awarded against them.


  13. #37

    Default Re: New FIFA rule format

    Quote Originally Posted by Flagman View Post
    Ball dead, clock stops.
    A subbed player has 20 seconds to leave the pitch else yellow card.
    Game restarts when the new sub sets foot on the pitch, not waiting for him to take his place in the wall or whatever.
    BRING BACK CONTESTED DROP BALL.
    Linesman drops a marker where the throw in shall be taken from, not negotiable.

    All these wouls improve the game on offer.
    I would have yellow cards transfered to a player that replaces a yellow carded player so that a yellow card for the sub results in his being sent off. Perhaps they could share the punishment of a one match ban each for different games.

    There is an issue with the linesman dropping a marker for throw ins as the linesman only covers half the pitch, so the ref or linesman would have to drop the mark depending who is nearer, ior you would need 2 more linesmen.

    For time wasting during throw ins, how about if the ball hasn't been thrown back in within x seconds, the throw in is awarded to the opposition and 10 yards closer to offending teams goal.


  14. #38

    Default Re: New FIFA rule format

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    I'd take the seconds countdown idea from The 100 and apply it to throw ins, substitutions and goal kicks.

    Take longer than 6 secs for a throw in or a goal kick and it goes to the opposition.

    For substitutions the clock is stopped, but Take longer than 25 seconds and the player coming on is yellow carded.
    The offender is the player coming off isn't it, so book that player and if they have already been booked the player being introduced can't come on.


  15. #39
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,157

    Default Re: New FIFA rule format

    Quote Originally Posted by I'm Red Till Dead View Post
    The offender is the player coming off isn't it, so book that player and if they have already been booked the player being introduced can't come on.
    Oooh, I like that.


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •