Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
    Wally Ardron

Default Re: LTLFs solid-gold sounds of the 70s..

Quote Originally Posted by alabamared View Post
    I have to say that although this is a great song I find that version far too 'disco' for my taste the original by David McWilliams dating from 1967 is a masterpeice and was a big favourite of David Bowie who once named David McWilliams as his favourite song writer. The interseting thing about this song concerning the chorus which sounds like it is being sung through a megaphone was acheived by phoning in from a public call box outside the studio; who needs high tech!
    Here is the original and definative version (OK not seventies I know), I love this song.

Yes I know it's 'too disco'. It's just something quite obscure that I liked at the time, though I didn't actually know the original then. I quite liked Marc Almond's version too.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Viv Anderson

Default Re: LTLFs solid-gold sounds of the 70s..

Quote Originally Posted by Forestjones View Post
    Yes I know it's 'too disco'. It's just something quite obscure that I liked at the time, though I didn't actually know the original then. I quite liked Marc Almond's version too.
    I didn't intend to dis any ones taste I just meant it was too disco for my taste, if disco is any one's thing that is fine. Yes the Mark Almond version is very good also.

I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women,. Suddenly, uncritically giving no thought to the pain it could bring. - Nick Hornby