Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: Ryan Longman

  1. #1
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    12,500

    Default Ryan Longman

    20 year old Brighton forward, spent last season on loan at Wimbledon where he got 9 goals and 5 assists.

    https://twitter.com/RichieMills2/sta...006692357?s=20

    Last edited by Heffing Psycho!; 14-06-21 at 17:30.

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    13,269

    Default Re: Ryan Longman

    Very encouraging. Played wide-left, wide-right and as 1 of 2 up top where he is a he can press from the front. Think we desperately need this to improve at home especially.



    https://www.sussexlive.co.uk/sport/f...tipped-5256302

    What are his strengths?
    He is lightning quick down the wing, accurate, versatile, he’s a winger, but he has shown he can play anywhere - either side and score goals.

    I think he‘s got a positive attitude towards improving and a willingness to learn and add to his game.



  4. #3
    Bob McKinlay
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    98,526

    Default Ryan Longman

    You convinced me at „he is lightning quick“.

    Forest - desperately - need more pace throughout the team.

    „I believe in socialism because it seems more humanitarian, rather than every man for himself and 'I'm alright jack' and all those arsehole businessmen with all the loot. I made up my mind from viewing society from that angle. That's where I'm from and there's where I've made my decisions from. That's why I believe in socialism“

    „Don't forget you're alive. 'Cause sometimes when you walk around the city and you're in a bad mood, you can think, hey, wait a minute, we're alive! We don't know what the next second will bring and what a fantastic thing this is. This can get easily forgotten in the routine of life, and that's something I'm trying to bring to my attention at all times. Don't forget you're alive. We're not dead, you know. This is the greatest thing.”

    — Joe Strummer

  5. #4
    Ian Storey-Moore
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,318

    Default Re: Ryan Longman

    The tweet said it originates from football insider, aren’t they the website who link half the championship to every player?


  6. #5
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    13,260

    Default Re: Ryan Longman

    More chance of Ryan Shortarse.

    Sent from my SM-A426B using Tapatalk


  7. #6
    Gaff Lad
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    On the Fairground.
    Posts
    22,972

    Default Re: Ryan Longman

    Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    More chance of Ryan Shortarse.

    Sent from my SM-A426B using Tapatalk
    More chance of Ryan Sidebottom.


  8. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    South London
    Posts
    7,560

    Default Re: Ryan Longman

    We've already got one Ryan with long man


  9. #8
    oopsy daisy!
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    On a longship close by
    Posts
    20,384

    Default Re: Ryan Longman

    Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    Very encouraging. Played wide-left, wide-right and as 1 of 2 up top where he is a he can press from the front. Think we desperately need this to improve at home especially.



    https://www.sussexlive.co.uk/sport/f...tipped-5256302
    I'm not so sure he's what we want.

    Looking at those stats there's too much red in the defensive stuff and too much green in the attacking.


  10. #9
    Matchday Squad
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,316

    Default Re: Ryan Longman

    More chance of Ryan Giggs, if he avoids prison.


  11. #10
    Nigel Clough
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    6,986

    Default Re: Ryan Longman

    Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    Very encouraging. Played wide-left, wide-right and as 1 of 2 up top where he is a he can press from the front. Think we desperately need this to improve at home especially.



    https://www.sussexlive.co.uk/sport/f...tipped-5256302
    Interesting that he has high dribbles attemped and successful dribbles stats. A couple of players we’ve been linked with had those traits too.

    Humphreys was one, can’t remember the other.

    I wonder if it’s something Hughton specifically wants to add?

    Doesn’t Brennan Johnson score highly in this regard too?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  12. #11
    Matchday Squad
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,440

    Default Re: Ryan Longman

    Looks far to adventurous for a CH team


  13. #12
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    13,269

    Default Re: Ryan Longman

    Quote Originally Posted by RealRed85 View Post
    Interesting that he has high dribbles attemped and successful dribbles stats. A couple of players we’ve been linked with had those traits too.

    Humphreys was one, can’t remember the other.

    I wonder if it’s something Hughton specifically wants to add?

    Doesn’t Brennan Johnson score highly in this regard too?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think bare minimum you should look for in a winger is he can beat players 1v1 but I think what separates the very good from the good is being able to link play and be creative and also bring a bit of output.

    It was why I was against Ameobi. There has to be loads of options out there, that we can improve our team with and if the fault is inexperience I don't care. It is up to the coach , the team and the environment to not make that a problem if you have the raw talent to work with.

    By looking at the below he seems to have been one of the more creative forwards in L1 last-season so comfortable on the ball in 2 ways - dribbling and creativity. He is fast and hard-working. Plus had a decent return output wise. We can mould a talent like this in the right environement.




  14. #13

    Default Re: Ryan Longman

    Young but has significant league experience, fast with a great turn of pace, good goalscoring record, versatile.......looks like we're moving in the right direction at last


  15. #14
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    13,269

    Default Re: Ryan Longman

    Goals

    1:50 goal vs Ipswich : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dt3OJ-tI3Q0

    0:28 & 1:18 vs Charlton : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSI_jQ2B6JQ

    Nice driving run from 0:30 & his goal v Crewe on 1:17 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee8qc7QNkBM

    0:26 V Arsenal U21 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVWZpzEl6fc

    Nice run & pass from 0:28 & nice poachers goal from 0:57 vs Peterborough : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEFMN8ohZ2o

    1:05 he balloons his shot but I liked how he pulled away into space but he bounced back immediately to score v Burton : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF-zqWSOg9I

    Something small but at 0:20 I liked how he came for the throw-in & moved into space to receive the next pass & then in same play scores re-bound v Accrington : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l_v4x-Ie1o

    0:18 assist ; 1;20 goal v Plymouth : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoVfqnpSUjY


  16. #15

    Default Re: Ryan Longman

    Yeah if he's prepared to be 3rd/4th choice, wouldn't want to be relying on him to get us goals. More signing for future..


  17. #16
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    13,269

    Default Re: Ryan Longman

    Quote Originally Posted by psychohasyournumber View Post
    Yeah if he's prepared to be 3rd/4th choice, wouldn't want to be relying on him to get us goals. More signing for future..
    Who we signing to get us our goals next season ?

    We need goals from around the team. We need to start getting numbers high up the pitch again. Mobility around the park for recovery if we allow space for doing that.

    Last edited by BryanRoy; 15-06-21 at 15:35.

  18. #17
    First Team
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Nottingham/Lincoln
    Posts
    9,414

    Default Re: Ryan Longman

    Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    Goals

    1:50 goal vs Ipswich : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dt3OJ-tI3Q0

    0:28 & 1:18 vs Charlton : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSI_jQ2B6JQ

    Nice driving run from 0:30 & his goal v Crewe on 1:17 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee8qc7QNkBM

    0:26 V Arsenal U21 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVWZpzEl6fc

    Nice run & pass from 0:28 & nice poachers goal from 0:57 vs Peterborough : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEFMN8ohZ2o

    1:05 he balloons his shot but I liked how he pulled away into space but he bounced back immediately to score v Burton : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF-zqWSOg9I

    Something small but at 0:20 I liked how he came for the throw-in & moved into space to receive the next pass & then in same play scores re-bound v Accrington : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l_v4x-Ie1o

    0:18 assist ; 1;20 goal v Plymouth : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoVfqnpSUjY
    If you watch closely at that goal vs Crewe you see some silly twat attempt an outrageous scorpion kick as the cross comes in. Proper fucks it up and ends up in a heap lol


  19. #18
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    The Robin Hood - Sutton
    Posts
    182

    Default Re: Ryan Longman

    More chance of Private Ryan.


  20. #19
    Impressive member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Arkham Asylum
    Posts
    14,964

    Default Re: Ryan Longman

    More chance of Ryan Seacrest.

    Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk


  21. #20
    First Team
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Behind the net curtains
    Posts
    9,641

    Default Re: Ryan Longman

    More chance of a half eaten Ryvita


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Your palms are holding her neck and thumbs are at her ears regulating the speed of her head as she swallows and then sucks up your machinery. She is topping up your engine oil for the cross-country coming up. Your RPM is hitting a new high. To wait any longer would be to lose prime time... She picks up a Bugatti's momentum. You want her more at a Volkswagen's steady trot. Squeeze the maximum mileage out of your gallon of gas. But she's eating up the road with all cylinders blazing.

    Aniruddha Bahal (Bunker 13

  22. #21
    Impressive member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Arkham Asylum
    Posts
    14,964

    Default Re: Ryan Longman

    Ryan Longman sounds like an ex-con trying to eke out an honest living running a bar in a small town in Texas, only for a dangerous face from his past to return and pressure him into doing just one final job.

    Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk


  23. #22
    Ian Storey-Moore
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    4,014

    Default Re: Ryan Longman

    Quote Originally Posted by Cortez the Killer View Post
    Ryan Longman sounds like an ex-con trying to eke out an honest living running a bar in a small town in Texas, only for a dangerous face from his past to return and pressure him into doing just one final job.

    Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk
    Where can I watch this?

    Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk


  24. #23
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    13,269

    Default Re: Ryan Longman

    https://twitter.com/RichieMills2/sta...102299653?s=20




  25. #24
    Matchday Squad
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ilkeston
    Posts
    607

    Default Re: Ryan Longman

    Signed for Hull.


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •