Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Charlie Wyke

Matchday Squad

Default Re: Charlie Wyke

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian_red View Post
    Who is our best crosser of the ball, now Knockers and Garner have left (and silva)? I genuinely have no clue. Lolley? Cafu? Samba?

Not counting Taylor because he could be on his way out and is he isn't, he won't be on the wings.
    The saddest thing is it's probably Bong

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    What an incredibly underwhelming signing this would be.
    To be honest I think all the League One attacking players we have been linked with are underwhelming. I don't think any of them will take us where we want to go. Hopefully all of them are just agent talk.

Matchday Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Any Time Now View Post
    The saddest thing is it's probably Bong
    It's worse than we thought...

Viv Anderson

Must admit I prefer the nippy, mobile goal poacher, a striker who creates his own chances as well as finishing assists from others, to the hulking type who stays in the middle waiting for an endless aerial bombardment to fall on his head.

Could be good signing on free if we had someone who could cross a ball..

Viv Anderson

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sp...-charlie-wyke/

Celtic increasingly confident of signing Sunderland's Charlie Wyke

Good headline.

CELTIC are increasingly confident of persuading Charlie Wyke to turn his back on Sunderland, and reject alternative offers from the Championship, in order to head north of the border for next season.

Having confirmed Australian Ange Postecoglou as their new manager last week, Celtic are hoping to make significant progress in the transfer market in the next few days.

They held initial talks with Wyke and his representatives earlier in the summer, and are now ready to firm up a formal offer to the Teessider, who is a free agent following the end of his deal at the Stadium of Light.

Sunderland officials have offered him a new contract on Wearside, and are understood to be willing to offer similar financial terms to what is expected to be on offer at Celtic, or at Championship clubs Cardiff City, Nottingham Forest and Millwall, who have also held talks this summer.

Matchday Squad

Blimey I wouldn't like to be in his shoes (apart from for the cash of course) its a real Scylla and Caribidis....

the "lure" of a "big" club like Celtic - but under a completely unproven and I fear quite barmy choice of new manager - or the grind of the championship with a club like ours.

Pounds shillings and pence will win the day (so probably not us) but either way looks a proper gamble

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by HBB View Post
    Blimey I wouldn't like to be in his shoes (apart from for the cash of course) its a real Scylla and Caribidis....

the "lure" of a "big" club like Celtic - but under a completely unproven and I fear quite barmy choice of new manager - or the grind of the championship with a club like ours.

Pounds shillings and pence will win the day (so probably not us) but either way looks a proper gamble
    It's 46 games a season against roughly the same quality of team, or a load of games against shite along with a handful of difficult games versus Rangers, and a couple of European qualifiers, for which he will be much more handsomely rewarded.

Nigel Clough

Celtic all day long. Hes 29 and likely not good enough for Celtic or the Championship so why not play in front of a huge crowd for probably the most money, while padding his record a bit with goals against crap like St Mirren and Dundee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matchday Squad

You're right - sounds like the perfect storm to get a payday - I was merely thinking that as a professional footballer if you're looking to progress then Celtic looks like a disaster waiting to happen and I'm not sure I'd want to be on board ship as it happens, but as you say 29 off the back of one good season why not just take the money

Nigel Clough

You're right - sounds like the perfect storm to get a payday - I was merely thinking that as a professional footballer if you're looking to progress then Celtic looks like a disaster waiting to happen and I'm not sure I'd want to be on board ship as it happens, but as you say 29 off the back of one good season why not just take the money
    I dunno, I reckon we must be right up there in the teams who have stalled/ruined the careers of strikers.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

<<Rimaniamo distanti oggi per abbracciarci con pi calore e correre pi veloci doman>>

EmmersonForest4 "Bellend"

Law of averages suggests he will end up with at least a few medals if he signs a 3 year contract.

Youth Team

Signed for Wigan

Viv Anderson

Thank goodness for that, although that won't stop some (Nottingham Post) having a pop at Forest for being beaten to his signature by Wigan.

Last edited by Otis Redd'un; 07-07-21 at 10:45.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Ricithysid View Post
    Signed for Wigan
    If Forest wanted him hed have come to Forest over Wigan. Surprised hed chose Wigan over Sunderland

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by GOBIAS View Post
    If Forest wanted him hed have come to Forest over Wigan. Surprised hed chose Wigan over Sunderland
    Reportedly on 10k p/w at Wigan. I'd suspect he was on half that at Sunderland.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    Thank goodness for that, although that won't stop some (Nottingham Post) having a pop at Forest for being beaten to his signature by Wigan.
    Without any evidence whatsoever that either Wyke or Longman were even targets, let alone that bids had been made, the Post-online has predictably revealed that.....

"Reds Dealt Double Striker Blow!"

Wally Ardron

One of the reasons he chose Wigan apparently was the fans.
    Bewildered emoji.
    He must have enjoyed playing in empty stadiums last year and wants more of it.

Matchday Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    One of the reasons he chose Wigan apparently was the fans.
    Bewildered emoji.
    He must have enjoyed playing in empty stadiums last year and wants more of it.
    To be fair, he has just had his best ever season!

Matchday Squad

perhaps he thinks he is playing Rugby at Wigan

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Notcher View Post
    Reportedly on 10k p/w at Wigan. I'd suspect he was on half that at Sunderland.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
    If he’s doubling his wages then fair enough, I would do the same even if it meant playing for an absolute non entity of a club like Wigan over Sunderland.

On a side note, stick a few quid on Wigan to win league 1 next year. I got them at 12's the other day, look like they are 'going for it' with their new owner.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by GandalfTheRed View Post
    On a side note, stick a few quid on Wigan to win league 1 next year. I got them at 12's the other day, look like they are 'going for it' with their new owner.
    They already had a decent squad for that level to begin with, they just had no depth last year.

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by GandalfTheRed View Post
    Seen they signed that Stephen Humphrys chap from Rochdale yesterday as well. Building a seriously good side for that level.

I mean I have not put the kids University fund on it, only 20 but at 12's I really fancy that.