Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Viv Anderson

Default Re: BUPA - Emiliano Marcondes

Quote Originally Posted by cheapseats View Post
    The post is a joke, period.
    I feel sorry for the young journos starting out with them. Facts are that there’s quite sone heritage in terms of previous Forest correspondents and where they ended up as a result of coverage of Forest but not now I think.
    As you and Cloughie1975 both point out, there is a history of NP/NEP Forest correspondents having first dibs on info coming out of the club, going back to the likes of Harry Richards, David Stapleton, John Lawson, Trevor Frecknall and Duncan Hamilton. Even in more recent times, Ian Edwards, Ian Ladyman and Paul Taylor got the odd snippet without having to trawl the internet for the most tenuous bit of 'news', which is the the primary tool of Sarah Clapson and Matt Davies.

I accept that access to PL and Championship clubs is far more restricted than it was, but I'd argue that only basic laziness stops a local journalist with any aspiration of making a name for him/herself from building and nurturing relationships, and gaining the trust with individuals inside clubs. As far as NFFC is concerned, that method has been/still is successful with national football reporters, John Percy at the Daily Telegraph and Daniel Taylor, particularly when he wrote for the Guardian and Observer, and before his beef with certain individuals at the CG - despite which, he seems to have retained some level of communication still.

Last edited by Otis Redd'un; 04-07-21 at 14:12.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

First Team

To be fair, Sarah Clapson did write a couple of days ago that we weren't in for Marcondes.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by It's Baggio View Post
    To be fair, Sarah Clapson did write a couple of days ago that we weren't in for Marcondes.
    Pertinently, after it became common knowledge, and only for that report to then be totally contradicted by yesterday's article in question, which only further emphasises what a shambolic set-up the Nottinghm Post is.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    Pertinently, after it became common knowledge, and only for that report to then be totally contradicted by yesterday's article in question, which only further emphasises what a shambolic set-up the Nottinghm Post is.
    I don't think it was common knowledge when her article was put out. It was seemingly in response to the Football Insider article which claimed it was close.

I'm not doubting the Post is poor but I think it's important to differentiate between a news article & an opinion piece.

Warp Speed Chic

Also got to remember that this it isn't a newspaper anymore, it's a hub which tries to generate clicks. It's a shame that probably good journalists have to limit themselves to it these days but news is entertainment and has been for 20+ years

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by It's Baggio View Post
    I'm not doubting the Post is poor but I think it's important to differentiate between a news article & an opinion piece.
    The critical article obviously is/was an uninformed opinion, but it wasn't highlighted as such in terms of it not reflecting the standpoint of the NP. In fact, from how it was presented it clearly did appear to be endorsed by the paper.

Last edited by Otis Redd'un; 04-07-21 at 17:41.