Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: New-Look Recruitment Team

It's all about mid-table...

Default Re: New-Look Recruitment Team

I'd like to see managers go and seek out players themselves. I believe if this had been the case 10+ years ago we'd have been a yo-yo club by now, with the club being self sustainable.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Raymondo Ponte' View Post
    I'd like to see managers go and seek out players themselves. I believe if this had been the case 10+ years ago we'd have been a yo-yo club by now, with the club being self sustainable.
    You'll probably find that most clubs that have been promoted during the last ten years don't follow that model Ray, nor many of those firmly established in the PL..

I prefer the continental model myself, but rather than develop a football ethos and recruit players and coaches that suit it, we've gone about it in a random, half-arsed way and just ended-up accumulating players. Hopefully, the new structure and personnel will address that.

Viv Anderson

If the new model works, I'm all for it. "A change is as good as a rest" sort of idea.

oopsy daisy!

Whoever they are I suggest the new look recruitment team look in some new places for players because the tried and tested sources have proven to be rubbish.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Raymondo Ponte' View Post
    Like David Pratt and his 3 Italian cronies ?

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Lincs_Red View Post
    The Athletic article about Murphy explains that he has a specific ideas to how the game should be played, mentioning a very high press.

If weíre looking to replicate Barnsley in that respect, i donít see Hughton being adaptable to that.

Hope Iím wrong.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I imagine Hughton will get a chance this season to get us up, if we donít get promoted I would imagine we will look for someone appointed by the new guy.

Matchday Squad

I'm a bit surprised by the assumption that this new structure is a threat to Chris Hughton's position. Maybe it is but is it not just as likely that he has been one of the main drivers of the change?
    Whoever has convinced Marinakis to dump Vrentzos is someone who carries a lot of authority. This must be a very big thing for the owner. He can't have done it lightly. He was persuaded by someone who has to be listened to because he has a proven knowledge of what it takes to get a team out of this division.
    If this were a crime, the prime suspect for whoever did this would be CH. Who else could make the argument so successfully?
    If, as seems to have been the case, Vrentzos was interfering in football matters, CH would surely be glad to be rid of him. He would also have a very good sense of why teams like Brentford and Barnsley have been more successful than Forest. I don't see any reason to conclude that this change is being made without his approval, or to dismiss the possibility that it is happening at his instigation.
    When it comes to playing style CH has always been a pragmatist. He'll play whatever way he thinks is most effective with the players he has.
    Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but I don't see any reason to think that the manager's position is going to be a problem. It will depend, as always, on how things go on the pitch.

Last edited by JohnnyCarey; Today at 13:13.

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Tnewton_1988 View Post
    For the first time ever as a fan base we need to buy into it.
    The issue is that the vast majority of every fan base is ignorant to everything their club does beyond seeing the players and results on the pitch.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

EmmersonForest4 "Bellend"

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCarey View Post
    I'm a bit surprised by the assumption that this new structure is a threat to Chris Hughton's position. Maybe it is but is it not just as likely that he has been one of the main drivers of the change?
    Whoever has convinced Marinakis to dump Vrentzos is someone who carries a lot of authority. This must be a very big thing for the owner. He can't have done it lightly. He was persuaded by someone who has to be listened to because he has a proven knowledge of what it takes to get a team out of this division.
    If this were a crime, the prime suspect for whoever did this would be CH. Who else could make the argument so successfully?
    If, as seems to have been the case, Vrentzos was interfering in football matters, CH would surely be glad to be rid of him. He would also have a very good sense of why teams like Brentford and Barnsley have been more successful than Forest. I don't see any reason to conclude that this change is being made without his approval, or to dismiss the possibility that it is happening at his instigation.
    When it comes to playing style CH has always been a pragmatist. He'll play whatever way he thinks is most effective with the players he has.
    Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but I don't see any reason to think that the manager's position is going to be a problem. It will depend, as always, on how things go on the pitch.
    While I enjoyed reading the process, I highly doubt the word of CH, a guy who got an 18 months contract, is going to hold weight against Ventroz, a close confidant of the owner for over a decade. I think if anything it is more of an acceptance all round that the way things have been done since they came in haven't panned out, so lets look at how teams who have been successful have done it.

At the end of the day, Hughton will be judged with what happens on the pitch. if similar dross to last season gets served up, he won't last long.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by GandalfTheRed View Post
    At the end of the day, Hughton will be judged with what happens on the pitch. if similar dross to last season gets served up, he won't last long.
    I strongly suspect you're right Kyle. It will take a period of time for Murphy and the others to settle-in and begin to introduce their processes, and so CH will be given the opportunity to try and get us significantly further up the table and hopefully challenging. Although I'm not overly-optimistic at this point, anything better than that will be a huge bonus of course.