Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Current formation...

Ian Storey-Moore

Default Re: Current formation...

Quote Originally Posted by GandalfTheRed View Post
    Neither am I, I think Hughton will find the right balance over the summer which will see us somewhere from 6th/10th next year.

I don't disagree either that some of these lads look a shadow of their former selves, but it isn't like Hughton has only been here for 6 weeks, it's been 7 months and still Freeman looks overweight and unmotivated, Knockaert (someone who CH identified as soon as he walked through the door) has been a massive disappointment, Krovi looks great till you ask him to do something meaningful with the ball, Murray, Grabben and Taylor all look shot.

Alluding to your post Maxi, I think what Hughton wants and has asked the side to do hasn't really synced up with the players he has had at his disposal.
    Ah, the mythical 'summer' again, where all our problems (that have persisted for an entire season) are magically solved.

Deadwood dissappears, the player's brains all get reset and that mythical 'last piece of the jigsaw' signing rolls up in the Main Stand carpark.

Forgive me for if i don't hold my breath, but we've been here once or twice before over the last 20 years...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

EmmersonForest4 "Bellend"

While I share some of your cynicism Frank, I don’t think we can hope for much else.

Hughton has been fire fighting all season, you have to hope he has a plan over the next 3 months to get us looking something like next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Clarks Tash View Post
    Ah, the mythical 'summer' again, where all our problems (that have persisted for an entire season) are magically solved.

Deadwood dissappears, the player's brains all get reset and that mythical 'last piece of the jigsaw' signing rolls up in the Main Stand carpark.

Forgive me for if i don't hold my breath, but we've been here once or twice before over the last 20 years...
    Serious question mate, and I'm certainly not having a pop, but if supporting NFFC is such a despairing ordeal for you, to the point that you're unable to find anything even remotely positive to find comfort in, why carry on?

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by NooForest View Post
    This post is useless without pics or videos ?
    As I've just spent the last two or three days trying to send one picture to the forum without success, I don't think there is much chance of a picture. As for the video!

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    Bring back 2-3-5

With 5 forwards on the pitch, Forest would be certain to score more *

* more likely in Forest‘s case, they’d Just blunder about and get in each others‘ way, like the bloody Keystone Kops.
    You'd think there might be something to that in today's game. I mean most teams play 1 striker, so surely those 2 defenders in the 2-3-5 would have no problem marking him out of the game.......

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    Serious question mate, and I'm certainly not having a pop, but if supporting NFFC is such a despairing ordeal for you, to the point that you're unable to find anything even remotely positive to find comfort in, why carry on?
    You've jumped to a few conclusions there.

The point is a lot of people keep repeating the mantra of 'the summer, the summer' as if something miraculous is certain to happen.

Truth be told i don't care half as much as I used to about Forest, but during lockdown what else had there been to do on a Saturday afternoon?

Last edited by Frank Clarks Tash; 24-04-21 at 14:29.

Viv Anderson

You've jumped to a few conclusions there.

The point is a lot of people keep repeating the mantra of 'the summer, the summer' as if something miraculous is certain to happen.

Truth be told i don't care half as much as I used to about Forest, but during lockdown what else had there been to do on a Saturday afternoon?
    Even during lockdown, I could find loads more things to do if I found watching Forest as utterly depressing as you appear to.

Also, if you're so firmly convinced that the summer and, as a consequence, next season will follow a similar pattern, then what is the point?

First Team

The summer allows Hughton to work with the players for a prolonged period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your palms are holding her neck and thumbs are at her ears regulating the speed of her head as she swallows and then sucks up your machinery. She is topping up your engine oil for the cross-country coming up. Your RPM is hitting a new high. To wait any longer would be to lose prime time... She picks up a Bugatti's momentum. You want her more at a Volkswagen's steady trot. Squeeze the maximum mileage out of your gallon of gas. But she's eating up the road with all cylinders blazing.

Aniruddha Bahal (Bunker 13

In Te Domine

The current formation is that we are safe and Derby are right in the shit

Grenville Morris

Time to try a different formation next game as the 4-2-3-1 is dull.

Perhaps a 2-4-1 might do.

.k I m
    I m u mm

In Te Domine

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    That should be our transfer policy to offload players in the summer

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    Time to try a different formation next game as the 4-2-3-1 is dull.

241 is my favourite number, my last three in the Army.

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    Even during lockdown, I could find loads more things to do if I found watching Forest as utterly depressing as you appear to.

Also, if you're so firmly convinced that the summer and, as a consequence, next season will follow a similar pattern, then what is the point?
    I'm touched that you've decided to take such an interest.

Viv Anderson

I'm touched that you've decided to take such an interest.
    You're more than welcome, but seriously, I still say give the fucker up if you can't even find the smallest amount of hope or positivity.

Last edited by Otis Redd'un; 24-04-21 at 20:09.