Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

View Poll Results: Blue or Red... who cares so long as Direby go down

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Forest win, and Direby sink deeper into the mire

    6 54.55%
  • Birmingham win, and Direby sink deeper into the mire

    2 18.18%
  • A draw, and Direby sink deeper into the mire

    2 18.18%
  • Anyone for Tennis?

    1 9.09%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
Results 526 to 543 of 543

Thread: Official Matchday Thread: Birmingham City v Nottingham Forest; 21st April; KO 19:45

      
  1. #526
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Trent End
    Posts
    17,259

    Default Re: Official Matchday Thread: Birmingham City v Nottingham Forest; 21st April; KO 19:

    Job done on many levels because the equaliser completely fucks Derby.

    Birmingham now need points to secure safety officially so are going into the Derby game with something to play for.

    Equally if we had lost we could be going into the Sheff W game with something to play for still, now we don't and we can lose at our will.


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #527
    Matchday Squad
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    615

    Default Re: Official Matchday Thread: Birmingham City v Nottingham Forest; 21st April; KO 19:

    Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    , now we don't and we can lose at our will.
    Love that-it should be the club motto...


  4. #528
    Up-Front
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Divorce courts.
    Posts
    18,243

    Default Re: Official Matchday Thread: Birmingham City v Nottingham Forest; 21st April; KO 19:

    Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post

    Equally if we had lost we could be going into the Sheff W game with something to play for still, now we don't and we can lose at our will.
    Thats another positive from last nights performance. We can throw the Wednesday game & no one will be any the wiser.


  5. #529
    Senior doom Monger
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Vale of Belvoir
    Posts
    23,112

    Default Re: Official Matchday Thread: Birmingham City v Nottingham Forest; 21st April; KO 19:

    Having watched the highlights (!) this morning, Ireckon:
    1 Their goal should have been disallowed for the foul on Taylor that floored him, leaving roberts a free header.
    2 Jutkewizc should have got a straight red for the ABH on McKenna: violent conduct.
    3 A draw was bang on the right result for such a low quality game where we were brought down to Birmingham's agricultural level.
    Oh well, at least we have put more pressure on the Sheep.
    God, I dislike Birmingham - always the same thuggery; and Lee Bowyer is the biggest thug at St Andrew's, bar Jute.
    BBC Sport declined to publish my post on the game page because I said Jute had committed ABH and the police should be invited to prosecute.


  6. #530
    Up-Front
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Divorce courts.
    Posts
    18,243

    Default Re: Official Matchday Thread: Birmingham City v Nottingham Forest; 21st April; KO 19:

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    Having watched the highlights (!) this morning, Ireckon:
    1 Their goal should have been disallowed for the foul on Taylor that floored him, leaving roberts a free header.
    2 Jutkewizc should have got a straight red for the ABH on McKenna: violent conduct.
    3 A draw was bang on the right result for such a low quality game where we were brought down to Birmingham's agricultural level.
    Oh well, at least we have put more pressure on the Sheep.
    God, I dislike Birmingham - always the same thuggery; and Lee Bowyer is the biggest thug at St Andrew's, bar Jute.
    BBC Sport declined to publish my post on the game page because I said Jute had committed ABH and the police should be invited to prosecute.
    They played the better football on the night captain.


  7. #531
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    12,121

    Default Re: Official Matchday Thread: Birmingham City v Nottingham Forest; 21st April; KO 19:

    I always post after the game, but really nothing to add here. I gave up at half time, pottered about the house and switched on SSN to get the final score only to find that at that very minute we had been awarded a pen in the 98th minute! Watched because I was certain Grabs would miss.

    The whole team seemed certain that we have enough points to retain Championship status and so there was no more effort expended than necessary. Wonder what team CH will put out next?


  8. #532
    Bob McKinlay
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    94,343

    Default Re: Official Matchday Thread: Birmingham City v Nottingham Forest; 21st April; KO 19:

    Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    Wonder what team CH will put out next?
    Samba

    Pugh - Pugh - Barney McGrew -Cuthbert

    Dibble - Grub

    Rod - Jane - Freddie

    Grabban


    ...would be my guess.

    „I believe in socialism because it seems more humanitarian, rather than every man for himself and 'I'm alright jack' and all those arsehole businessmen with all the loot. I made up my mind from viewing society from that angle. That's where I'm from and there's where I've made my decisions from. That's why I believe in socialism“

    „Don't forget you're alive. 'Cause sometimes when you walk around the city and you're in a bad mood, you can think, hey, wait a minute, we're alive! We don't know what the next second will bring and what a fantastic thing this is. This can get easily forgotten in the routine of life, and that's something I'm trying to bring to my attention at all times. Don't forget you're alive. We're not dead, you know. This is the greatest thing.”

    — Joe Strummer

  9. #533
    Best served cold
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cliftonia
    Posts
    25,423

    Default Re: Official Matchday Thread: Birmingham City v Nottingham Forest; 21st April; KO 19:

    Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    On the penalty:

    If you slow the footage a bit, it does look like Jutkiewicz has led with his shoulder, into McKenna‘s face. Anywhere else on the pitch, that’s a foul.

    Shoulder-barges like that went out in the 1970s.

    I did not at first think it was a penalty, but having viewed the footage again, I can see why the Referee has given it.
    Considering some of the refereeing decisions we've had against us lately, to the point where it's almost felt like the ref has been wearing the opposition teams shirt underneath, I think we are in a lot of credit when it comes to ref decisions.

    "I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

  10. #534
    Best served cold
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cliftonia
    Posts
    25,423

    Default Re: Official Matchday Thread: Birmingham City v Nottingham Forest; 21st April; KO 19:

    Last night was a poor performance but we've seen far, far worse this season - let alone over the last 21+ years.

    That being said I genuinely hope the reason for these performances is that so many of these players aren't coming back. Literally I thought it was only Samba who came away from last night having performed to a decent level.


  11. #535
    Senior doom Monger
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Vale of Belvoir
    Posts
    23,112

    Default Re: Official Matchday Thread: Birmingham City v Nottingham Forest; 21st April; KO 19:

    Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    I always post after the game, but really nothing to add here. I gave up at half time, pottered about the house and switched on SSN to get the final score only to find that at that very minute we had been awarded a pen in the 98th minute! Watched because I was certain Grabs would miss.

    The whole team seemed certain that we have enough points to retain Championship status and so there was no more effort expended than necessary. Wonder what team CH will put out next?
    My old dad said pre-match, "If Grabban starts we'll get no goals".
    I said "If we get a penalty, Grabban will miss it".
    So yet again my Dad proved himself the better pundit as Grabban didn't start so we scored... and of course Grabban only nearly missed the penalty.


  12. #536
    Senior doom Monger
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Vale of Belvoir
    Posts
    23,112

    Default Re: Official Matchday Thread: Birmingham City v Nottingham Forest; 21st April; KO 19:

    Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    They played the better football on the night captain.
    I didn't see either team play anything resembling the beautiful game.
    They went long ball from the start, we followed suit after the first 20 minutes.


  13. #537

    Default Re: Official Matchday Thread: Birmingham City v Nottingham Forest; 21st April; KO 19:

    Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    Samba

    Pugh - Pugh - Barney McGrew -Cuthbert

    Dibble - Grub

    Rod - Jane - Freddie

    Bungle


    ...would be my guess.
    FTFY


  14. #538
    Wally Ardron
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    fucjing g wot karate
    Posts
    1,780

    Default Re: Official Matchday Thread: Birmingham City v Nottingham Forest; 21st April; KO 19:

    Even when the performances have been poor this season, we've seen effort shown and at least signs of a willingness to compete.

    Last night, I didn't see us being the better side for any period and but for poor opposition and an eagle-eyed referee, we could easily have been on the end of pasting.

    Far too many of that squad have been stealing a living for far too long; and while little of that is CHs direct fault, he needs to get rid of the non-tryers now.


  15. #539
    Wally Ardron
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Exiled in the sarf
    Posts
    1,965

    Default Re: Official Matchday Thread: Birmingham City v Nottingham Forest; 21st April; KO 19:

    Quote Originally Posted by NooForest View Post
    I would let all of them go in the Summer except Samba
    This times 1 billion.

    Last edited by tjhooker; 22-04-21 at 15:33.

  16. #540
    Impressive member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Arkham Asylum
    Posts
    14,119

    Default Re: Official Matchday Thread: Birmingham City v Nottingham Forest; 21st April; KO 19:

    Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    Some good news:

    Lewis Grabban is now the club‘s leading goalscorer this season, overtaking O. Goal.
    Is that Gary Goal's brother, Owen?

    Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk


  17. #541
    Matchday Squad
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    766

    Default Re: Official Matchday Thread: Birmingham City v Nottingham Forest; 21st April; KO 19:

    I wouldn't necessarily assume we will be anywhere near the playoffs next season just because this happened with CH at Brighton. This team needs ripped to shreds. It will literally be like starting again next season.

    Out of that lot id only keep Samba, Worrall, McKenna, Mighten, Cafu, Ameobi and Lolley. Grabban as reserve. The rest can clear off. Worrall will more than likely ask to leave though


  18. #542
    Senior doom Monger
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Vale of Belvoir
    Posts
    23,112

    Default Re: Official Matchday Thread: Birmingham City v Nottingham Forest; 21st April; KO 19:

    Quote Originally Posted by justnotjase View Post
    I wouldn't necessarily assume we will be anywhere near the playoffs next season just because this happened with CH at Brighton. This team needs ripped to shreds. It will literally be like starting again next season.

    Out of that lot id only keep Samba, Worrall, McKenna, Mighten, Cafu, Ameobi and Lolley. Grabban as reserve. The rest can clear off. Worrall will more than likely ask to leave though
    Johnson should be included, but I see the Premiershits are already circling to take him and stick him out on loan or use him as a bench warmer.


  19. #543
    Matchday Squad
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    615

    Default Re: Official Matchday Thread: Birmingham City v Nottingham Forest; 21st April; KO 19:

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    Johnson should be included, but I see the Premiershits are already circling to take him and stick him out on loan or use him as a bench warmer.
    Johnsons easy-if someone wants to pay 10M+ for him, then show him the door.
    If not he stays, and his idiot dad who seems to be intent on hawking him around like some cheap parlour madam can stick it up his arse. You'd have thought people might have learnt something from Oliver Burke-these kids need developing properly and if that doesn't happen, it doesn't happen


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •