Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

View Poll Results: Get voting, comrades!

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Win - Proper knees up with plenty o' Shippers.

23 79.31%
  • Draw - Half a pint of brand lager, perhaps.

4 13.79%
  • Lose - Drowning sorrows with scrumpy.

0 0%
  • A Greggs cheese 'n' onion slice with coffee via Deliveroo.

2 6.90%
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Matchday 41 Thread: Bristol City vs Nottingham Forest

Matchday Squad

Default Re: Matchday 41 Thread: Bristol City vs Nottingham Forest

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Lansbury View Post
    If u could keep either grabbon or Taylor- which one?
    In the here and now, with Grabban at 33, I'd take Taylor.

Just one proviso though and that's his influence in the dressing room. Something tells me somethings wrong there and that might be the reason CH has frozen out somewhat. That would change things in that decision.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Matchday Squad

Quote Originally Posted by stockers View Post
    I very much doubt we'll sign him. He'll be on at least £35,000 a week, will want similar and has contributed fuck all this season, his stats over the last 3 years are terrible and suggest he's had his day. It was worth a shout this season but he's been almost as disappointing as a very well paid bearded captain. Need to move on from this type of player and freshen things up..
    Its really disappointing because he's got a box of tricks.
    If he's not careful he's going to bomb out pretty quick over the next couple of seasons and then he'll be back in France, an old soak, sipping Pastis at the local bar and telling the kids how he could have been a contender...

Wally Ardron

I was happy enough with CH shoring things up a bit late on with Krovinovic > Cafu.

In context, taking a point and clean sheet was the right move, especially away from home.

At home in a promotion-chasing season it wouldn't be; but even so, it's a discipline that needs to be drilled into the lads now.

As well as scoring loads of goals and winning matches, the really successful teams need the ability to cover up and dig out points when they're otherwise fighting a losing battle.

We weren't that today, but the benefits of effectively executing the necessary gameplan against weaker opposition will likely yield more results in the long-term as the lads become more conditioned to it in matches, as opposed to on the training pitch.

Matchday Squad

Quote Originally Posted by cheapseats View Post
    In truth I don;'t think CH sets up to "go after teams" as you are implying. Hes about steady improvement and eventually that reaches critical mass and the results follow. What I like about him is you can see exactly what's he's done and is doing with the team and the improvements that are being made. Its logical, skilled and sensible from a seasoned manager...
    Both his promotion winning sides at Brighton and Newcastle " went after teams " 90% of the time.

Ian Storey-Moore

Knockers won't be on his way to Forest on 35k a week! Putting a valuation on his effort is fine but that's prem league salary.
    He does have ability to turn a match though.

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    They have spent a fortune on their squad, it kind of goes under the radar how much they have actually spent. I think Lee Johnson had spent the most any manager ever had at this level.
    they've also raked it in on player sales too tbf, they sold Adam Webster, Josh Brownhill and Lloyd Kelly for 41 million alone last season

Senior doom Monger

Having considered the game overnight... it was a lack lustre contest between a side desperate not to lose another game at home, and a side now relaxing because after a terrific Easter they are safe and looking forward to a rest.