Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

View Poll Results: Get voting, comrades!

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Win - Proper knees up with plenty o' Shippers.

23 79.31%
  • Draw - Half a pint of brand lager, perhaps.

4 13.79%
  • Lose - Drowning sorrows with scrumpy.

0 0%
  • A Greggs cheese 'n' onion slice with coffee via Deliveroo.

2 6.90%
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Matchday 41 Thread: Bristol City vs Nottingham Forest

Nigel Clough

Default Matchday 41 Thread: Bristol City vs Nottingham Forest

Ladies and Gentlemen the following professional cruiserweight bout, to be fought under FA and FIFA rules, it bought to you in partnership with Chinese State Construction. Without further ado, Ladies and Gentlemen, lleet's get 'em readyy to rumbllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeee!!

Introducing first, "The Robins" Bristol Cityyyy!

Walk on music:

Introducing their challengers, they are known as "The Tricky Trees" and "The Reds", Nottingham Foreeeeeeest!

Walk on music:

Ladies and Gentlemen in the home corner...

From the Vault - Career Highlights:

Bristol City win 2-1 AET (4-2 on aggregate) in the 07-08 play-off semi final 2nd leg vs Crystal Palace. The win ensured nobody would have to see Neil Warnock back in the Premiership, but everyone had to suffer Phil Brown instead, after losing 0-1 in the final to Hull City.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRp3NJ7lMME

From the Weigh in:

Ashton Gate capacity - 27,000. Recently renovated as frankly it had become a bit of a tip, much like Bristol city centre.
    Injuries/fitness concerns - Former sheep shagger Derby midfielder Andreas Weimann is long term injured with a cruciate ligament rupture. Callum O'Dowda is unlikely to be rushed back, however several medium term injured players have returned either to full training or the matchday squad, giving a boost to Nigel Pearson who may have been wanting to bury his head in the sand like an ostrich, following a run of poor form.

Ladies and Gentlemen in the away corner...

From the Vault:

Nottingham Forest overcome Hamburger SV in the 1980 European Cup final. European Footballer of the Year Kevin Keegan decided to take up an unusual defensive midfield position for this game, upon the sage advice of the gentleman Lord Kenneth Burns of Glasgow. Keegan didn't immediately thrive in this role however, and Forest came out victorious thanks to a John Robertson strike in the 1st half. Robertson's handy 1st half performance was allegedly attributed to experiencing the Popeye effect after eating a gourmet hamburger before the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agMecX1A_9E

From the weigh in:

The City Ground Capacity - 30,445. One of the first British grounds to have under soil heating, also has a drainage system; this, however, hasn't prevented occasional flooding, which usually happens to strangely occur before a pile up of fixtures, or whenever the team needs a break.
    Injuries/fitness concerns - Joe Lolley could be back in light training after an encouraging visit to the doctor...https://image.shutterstock.com/shutt...-116574442.jpg

Fight prediction: Forest's form has picked up, whereas Bristol are in freefall; Forest winning via KO is a possibility but, still wanting to err slightly on the side of caution for several reasons, I'm going with Forest via unanimous decision.

COYR!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game is on at 3PM on Saturday 10th (odd time for a football game...).

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Upper Decker

Default Re: Matchday 41 Thread: Bristol City vs Nottingham Forest

The magnificent Farmer Jack Era continues...

Stand Firm And Strike Hard

Wally Ardron

Keep it up Jack

The Foam Hand

After today’s performance I fancy another result here.

2-1 to the men from Nottingham.

Nigel Clough

We are pretty much safe now, so hopefully we can play without fear and a bit of confidence after some excellent results and performances recently. Bristol City are in free fall, so it's a good opportunity for another win.

Only around 160 threads to go Jack before we finally bite the dust in the Champions League final due
    to dodgy refereeing.

oopsy daisy!

Quote Originally Posted by Cloughie1975 View Post
    Only around 160 threads to go Jack before we finally bite the dust in the Champions League final due
    to dodgy refereeing.
    I can't see Anderlecht making a Champions league final....

Gaff Lad

Another brilliant match day thread Jack.

Up-Front

Pearson can't seem to get anything going there & we've hit a mini purple patch.

Funny old game & all that but this does look an away banker.

Senior doom Monger

Farmer Jack predicting a third Forest win on the trot?
    What BSE induced madness is that?
    Brizzle players don’t seem to be responding well to Pearson’s brand of sensitive man-management.
    However all runs of form, good and bad, eventually come to an end.
    In Farmer Jack we trust.
    And in Sir Christopher of Hughton.
    Draw it will be.

Upper Decker

The first 4 games under Sabri were Cardiff, QPR, Bristol C & Huddersfield. LLLL

In these return fixtures so far we have WW??

Viv Anderson

Looking at the Mighten thread I would stick Konate and Dekel Daks on the bench if we can and see if we can bring them on at all.

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    The first 4 games under Sabri were Cardiff, QPR, Bristol C & Huddersfield. LLLL

In these return fixtures so far we have WW??
    If we play as well as we have recently, we have a good chance of winning the other two as well.

Grenville Morris

Win. Pina colada's out the fridge at 17:00.

.k I m
    I m u mm

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by EmmersonForest4 View Post
    Looking at the Mighten thread I would stick Konate and Dekel Daks on the bench if we can and see if we can bring them on at all.
    Ethan has no chance, for a promising youngster a few years back he seems to have stalled a bit recently for some reason, plus he's a CM so he'd be in there instead of Yates, Cafu, Garner or Krovinovic and he's nowhere near any of those yet.

Perhaps needs loaning out to a L2 or top non league club for next season as he's 19 now and actually older than Mighten.

I do certainly agree it's best to try and bring through our kids as opposed to loan players (who are not better than what we have) or the likes of Arter and Colback who are simply expensive wastes.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Statto View Post
    Ethan has no chance, for a promising youngster a few years back he seems to have stalled a bit recently for some reason, plus he's a CM so he'd be in there instead of Yates, Cafu, Garner or Krovinovic and he's nowhere near any of those yet.

Perhaps needs loaning out to a L2 or top non league club for next season as he's 19 now and actually older than Mighten.

I do certainly agree it's best to try and bring through our kids as opposed to loan players (who are not better than what we have) or the likes of Arter and Colback who are simply expensive wastes.
    Thats a shame I was hoping he would be better than Yates. We have produced much better players than Yates in the past so was hoping we might have a gem there maybe Fornah is the guy?

We are desparate for a sub AMC next season as well for when Krovinovic needs a rest or is injured so maybe its a good time to look at Konate? All depends if there is a role for Carvalho next year.

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by EmmersonForest4 View Post
    Thats a shame I was hoping he would be better than Yates. We have produced much better players than Yates in the past so was hoping we might have a gem there maybe Fornah is the guy?

We are desparate for a sub AMC next season as well for when Krovinovic needs a rest or is injured so maybe its a good time to look at Konate? All depends if there is a role for Carvalho next year.
    Dekel is a different kind of player to Yates. He's more of the Barca kind of CM who's small, tidy on the ball, deep lying play maker type, but he genuinely did look like he'd be a first team player in a few years time at about 15/16, guess his time will come. But he's not the big physical destroyer type that Yates is.

I actually haven'y seen enough of Fornah or Konate to know - to be honest, the one who we'd be looking at is Johnson when he comes back from loan as more of a #10, can't see Carvalho has a future here really, that or buying someone. I'm sure Hughton knows.

But yeah, Dekel (sadly) doesn't appear to be the answer yet, he isn't really a reguler or ripping up the 23s and is starting to reach the age where only first team mens football will improve him anyway.

Wally Ardron

This will be another one to keep it tight and try to hit them on the counter.

I could see Mighten's pace in being a key factor, as Danny Simpson was never particularly quick.

Six-pointer in the race for twelfth.

Ian Storey-Moore

Don't drinl lager but a hard fought 0-0 draw another point to the total.

Viv Anderson

They are in a bit of a trough at the moment, so our recent upturn in form bodes well.

Looking at their record this season suggests that they either win or lose; very few draws for them, but, apart from Wycombe, the highest number of defeats in the League. They also have a rubbish goal difference, so keep it tight and we could do well.

Just a small worry, have we used up our goal scoring threat after the QPR splurge?

Ale ape.

Quote Originally Posted by Statto View Post
    Not being much of a follower of the Under 23's, I have to ask, what happened to En-Neyah? Lamouchi seemed to rate him.

Shoot to Thrill

Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post
    Six-pointer in the race for twelfth.
    As ridiculous as this is I think finishing in the top half would be a decent achievement given the season we've had

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    As ridiculous as this is I think finishing in the top half would be a decent achievement given the season we've had
    Even more ridiculous, it's probably a fair reflection on a league position based on performance for last season as well. Funny old game

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Wally Ardron

Looking to build on recent good performance and continue the preparation for next season. Comfortable 2-0 win for the famous team