Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: Matchday 35: Watford Fan Comments

Default Matchday 35: Watford Fan Comments

The last preview I wrote for the reverse fixture was one of the first few games for manager Chris Hughton, who has now started to embed his system on to the Forest team. During the January transfer window he has added two ex-Watford loanees, James Garner and Glenn Murray.

Garner in particular getting plenty of plaudits from the Forest faithful with quotes such as ‘Better than Busquets’ and ‘James Garner is a baller’ whatever the hell that means. We of course didn’t really get the chance to see the same James Garner, where he struggled to really impose himself on an already decent midfield of Cleverley, Chalobah and Hughes and those corners *shudder*.

Their last win was a 1-0 home win against Blackburn in which a Forest supporting friend of mine dubbed it a “S***housing a way to a win”.

I reckon Murray will grab a consolation after a deflection off his zimmerframe.

In fairness, Knockaert is probably driven to his villainy by the frustration of no one ever bothering to spell his name correctly, ever.

Forest looked destined to fight it out with rivals Derby for a relegation spot, but Houghton has done well and got them moving up the table towards safety. They have some dangerous players, and will look to play a tight game. I doubt they will park the bus, so with Pedro back we have more chance of effectively countering. Obviously Cleverley and potentially Gozzers out will need an almost makeshift midfield, but we have players who can adapt.

Forest have one of the best defences in the league. They won’t come here to attack at all. It will all be about sitting deep, keeping it tight, and hitting us on the counter through Knockaert.

Whoever plays LW is going to be up against a solid RB in Christie.

We need to score first. Forest will be playing for a draw/snatch and grab from a long ball or set piece.

We're going to absolutely smash them. 0-0.

Knockart will win a pen, which Murray will score. Garner will also score 2-0 Forest.

Decent, street smart championship manager, 2 ex players with a point to prove, plus a third who is a cheating little rat who always has a score to try and settle against us. This isn’t so much a banana skin, more a Fyffes banana lorry has crashed on the M1 and spilled its entire cargo onto the carriageway.

A totally unrelated football fact about Nottingham that some of you may or not know - my life long hero, Augusta Ada Byron (Daughter of the late Poet Lord Byron) who was more commonly known as Ada Lovelace - was laid to rest in the Church of St Mary Magdalene. I have visited the Byron Tomb - and it's beautifully kept, the gardens are a wonder. Sorry to be morbid in this thread but just wanted to give a crappy history lesson.

Yes, I've been to a couple of weddings at the church. Hopefully you managed to visit the Byron ancestral home, Newstead Abbey just up the road. If not, it is worth a visit. Maybe next time.

My graduation ball was at Colwick Hall, which was the site of the ancestral home of the Byrons before they moved to Newstead Abbey in the mid-1600s. Good times.

Interesting formation 4-1-5.

Good to see Xisco going for it, why not at home to a poor Forest team? I think the midfield could be all over the place but going forward I think we're going to cause a lot of problems for them.

Forest will have no choice but to play on the back foot and I don't think they're good enough to soak it up and suckerpunch us.

Surely Forest's first tactic will be kick Will Hughes about a bit?

Could be any old score this.Watford 5-3 Forest. Murray will score a penalty from a Knockhaert dive.

Knockaert is a cheat isn't he? Deserved that yellow...

Yessss. 1-0.

Poor goalkeeping!!

I think he got a knock trying to deal with the cross to be fair.

This team selection is looking good against an average team...

Good half so far but Forest getting into the game.

Zinc has Knock on toast today!

Worrall's arm certainly moved for that ball - why no penalty?

Deflection off his body me thinks, not a direct strike.

I'm not sure why Freeman is shaking his head and mouthing off - he was clearly offside there...

Loved that half! We’d get tanked in the Prem with 1 actual CM but as it’s not the Prem it’s lovely to watch that many technical / talented attack minded players together on the pitch.They’ve broken Knockaert which is hilarious to watch and Andrews has slated him twice (once I’m fairly sure he used the word ‘cheat’).

Outplayed. Out-passioned.

Forest came back into it but not tested us.

I am very surprised how poor their performance has been.

It worries me when we go into sleepy cruise mode, we could put these to the sword if we felt like it.

Moss Nottinghams best player. Failed to book Bong. Three fouls so far on Sarr. Sema wins a clear corner. Not given. Ball strikes Worrall's hand in an unnatural position. No penalty. Absolute *****.

I thought the ball came up off the defenders hip onto his hand, so not a penalty.

Sarr has Bong on toast every time but he has not been booked. Moss proving he is still an utterly useless ***** at any level he officiates.

Bong should at least be on a yellow. Penalty was a blatant as you can get and Moss is giving them every FK possible.

Gray will be hammered for that miss if we don't win!

We often go off the boil towards the end.. Need to take hold of the game again.

Forest look much more dangerous now.

An improved performance from Forest this half - but they still haven't had a shot on target...

Having said that - a lucky deflection there...

Phew. Offside.

Thank god for the offside flag. A wake up call watford...

Thank the imaginary almighty that's over.

Only saw second half which was dreadful. Apparently first half was much better.

Was it great? No. Did we have two left-wingers playing centre mid? Yes. Job done, no need for micro analysis. Up to 2nd, another clean sheet.

Phew. Another vital 3 poiints. Could have scored more but made it nervy as ever!

Forest were sh*t.

Quest tying to say Gray fouled the keeper and so ref could have ruled out the goal.

Would have harsh surely?

The Sky commentators thought that Gray had every right to go for the ball and that it was not a foul. All a matter of opinion!

Midfield lost some control second half which wasn't too surprising due to the absentees and yellows picked up in the game. But got the win so job done.

Great first thirty minutes. Average and then after the Gray miss allowed Forest to come into it.

Relieved to see Taylor was offside, as that would have been a typical Watford sickener. 87th minute result changing goal, but it WAS offside, so I'm obviously pleased it was ruled out.

I thought a Hughton side would be better/much harder to break down and genuinely saw this as much harder game and potential banana skin.They weren’t that hard to break down at all and we could’ve scored a few more if we really wanted. Second half we made hard work of it but got away with it.

Forest are a very stable side so they were up for it. Soooo glad Murray did not score, was dreading an equalizer from a Knockart cross... who btw is still a play acting little twerp - never liked him, especially since that fake dive in the PO in 2014.

No idea how the Forest wing back didn't get a yellow card Sarr done him every time.

No wonder Murray couldn’t get in the team, makes Deeney look like a prime Vieri in contrast.

Enjoyable to see Konkedout doing his best to get sent off for not retreating ten yards at a corner! Once a didlo,always a didlo,eh Arthur?! Sap of a man.

Why was their keeper angry at the end? Was it the goal where Gray collided with him, meaning he had to try and save without using his hands?

Yes, I can't see what else it could have been. Maybe he has a case, in which case we owe Moss a half of shandy.

Forest were all right but only really looked threatening for about 20mins in the 2nd half when we seemed to turn off and playing out from the back started to look incredibly dangerous.

Forest didn't park the bus, to my surprise, but then they didn't look anything special; just a lower-half, uninspiring Championship team. But since then I have looked at their Championship record: In each of their last 12 games they have conceded either 1 or zero goals.

The very epitome, then, of a Chris Hughton team: Neat, tidy, uninspired in attack, very well organized in defence, won't get relegated, won't excite too many people.

Hughton did sort Forest out in the second half, and we got stifled a little, but Munoz made an intelligent tactical switch taking off Gray for Sanchez. Sanchez looked decent today and helped solidify the midfield, when Forest were getting on top.

Made hard work of that in the second half which was not as good to watch as the first half. A win is a win though and a clean sheet but Forest didn't offer too much.

It looked from here as though we started to play for the final whistle with 45 minutes still to play.

Murray and Garner showed why they are no longer here. Knobart just proved what he is. Fell over a lot and then just stood and watched as Masina ran past him to score. He is the definition of a one trick pony

It's games like this that reminds you how dog **** this league is, 19 year old striker and wingers in central midfield and we still win.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Matchday 35: Watford Fan Comments

This.......

Murray and Garner showed why they are no longer here. Knobart just proved what he is. Fell over a lot and then just stood and watched as Masina ran past him to score. He is the definition of a one trick pony

....is the reality.

Some of our best players & signings, and Hughton's great Jan window which has spun us round, are still nowhere near the level required to be anywhere near a promotion team.

For Jan signings coming to a club spiraling down to L1 they were great additions, and could be useful next year. But the Summer needs to see some real quality arrive if promotion is the genuine aim.

Peteborough can get Ivan Tony, but we haven't anyone in the right places or with the right contacts looking for those players. It's the single biggest thing the club needs to address to move forward.

Massive Member

Key note in that was "solid RB in Christie"

The Foam Hand

Not too bad comments, certainly not an entitled bunch which I was expecting.

Thanks for posting Calvin

Up-Front

Id have looked good at RB with Bong on the left.

Nigel Clough

Some of them need to brush up on the handball law. Other than that, pretty much as expected when we put such an ineffectual performance in against them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gaff Lad

Thanks for posting Calvin, much appreciated.

Senior doom Monger

Good to see Calvin back in the saddle (no disrespect Harvey - you were excellent last time out).
    Other than the penalty issue (never a penalty) I think i am in broad agreement over most comments.
    Moss was shit for both sides.

Shoot to Thrill

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    Good to see Calvin back in the saddle (no disrespect Harvey - you were excellent last time out).
    I was just keeping the seat warm Captain

Ian Storey-Moore

I see Emmo has been posting on the Watford forums too, perhaps in the hope CP would pick it up.

'Poor goalkeeping!!'

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    I was just keeping the seat warm Captain

I didn't check to see if anyone posted but much appreciated. Luton fans can be pretty down to earth but I just needed a break and their forum is a pain.

Shoot to Thrill

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin Plummer View Post
    I didn't check to see if anyone posted but much appreciated. Luton fans can be pretty down to earth but I just needed a break and their forum is a pain.
    You're not wrong!

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    Not too bad comments, certainly not an entitled bunch which I was expecting.

But slightly 'wanky' all the same.

Ian Storey-Moore

Credit where it's due, they know all about Lord Byron.

Wonder if they're as up on the other Romantic poets?

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by Loughborough_red View Post
    Credit where it's due, they know all about Lord Byron.

Wonder if they're as up on the other Romantic poets?
    Apart from Ada Lovelace being buried in Hucknall

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

Decent, street smart championship manager, 2 ex players with a point to prove, plus a third who is a cheating little rat who always has a score to try and settle against us. This isn’t so much a banana skin, more a Fyffes banana lorry has crashed on the M1 and spilled its entire cargo onto the carriageway.

Cheers, Calvin! Always appreciate your efforts.

By "relegation battle", do you mean 7th, 12th or 14th?

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

Wally Ardron

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin Plummer View Post
    Are you serious Calvin?
    I honestly thought that Harvey had made up the Luton fans quotes from a compendium of other fans comments during the season. My own comments were based on that assumption.
    I feel a right fool now.

Shoot to Thrill

Quote Originally Posted by Red bandit View Post
    I honestly thought that Harvey had made up the Luton fans quotes from a compendium of other fans comments during the season.
    I can assure you I didn't. Although the process of picking comments from an opposition fans' forum is selective and so needs to be viewed in that context.

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

Uh-oh

Is this going to become "comment-gate"?!

Wally Ardron

Quote Originally Posted by Flagman View Post
    Uh-oh

Is this going to become "comment-gate"?!

It would be interesting, if anyone could be bothered, to carry out an analysis of opposition fans comments to determine the degree of commonality.
    My guess would be that over 50% are identical.
    By the way, my apologies to Harvey for thinking his posts were not genuine. I thought he was taking the mickey and I was enjoying the joke.