• LOSE: Reading Too Much into It

13 41.94%
  • The Gunter Money

3 9.68%
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Matchday 36: Nottingham Forest vs Reading

Default Re: Matchday 36: Nottingham Forest vs Reading

Quote Originally Posted by NooForest View Post
    I 100% disagree about Ameobi. Yes he played OK today but those days are few and far between.

Ameobi has been at Forest for several years. If you want to stay at the same level as we have been then by all means give him a new contract. But if we aspire to be better then we need to take the opportunity of his contact being up to improve on that level of player if we want to improve as a team.

I think I might have quoted the wrong post when responding
    My guess is this is aimed at my post.
    Iím completely with you about improving the team and if we can get better than Sammy for less, or even the same money Iím all for it, as long as the said player is younger than 33, hasnít been injured for long periods and wants to be here....
    What Iím not for is letting him go and replacing him with more shite. Weíve been good at that over the last few years and actually Ameobi has contributed pretty well to the squad IMO

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Wally Ardron

I tell myself that Freeman has to make appearances week after week since if he doesn't play x amount of games, we have to buy him.
    That's how i sleep at night.

Matchday Squad

Quote Originally Posted by NooForest View Post
    I 100% disagree about Ameobi. Yes he played OK today but those days are few and far between.

Ameobi has been at Forest for several years. If you want to stay at the same level as we have been then by all means give him a new contract. But if we aspire to be better then we need to take the opportunity of his contact being up to improve on that level of player if we want to improve as a team.

I think I might have quoted the wrong post when responding
    Several seasons? This is his second season. He's been one of our better players and more than deserves another contract.

Viv Anderson

At halftime, I thought, sod it, I'm going to the allotment and I'll listen on audio there. The first half was all them being boringly slick and us being calamitously casual. I expected it to be similar in the 2nd half.

By the time I'd got there and set mesen up, we'd scored. And as we pressed for a second I could feel it slipping away.

A draw, in the end, probably flatters us.

But I'll take it, it's another point pushing us towards mediocrity.

Last edited by Redemption; 13-03-21 at 21:45.
    EXACT SAME BENEFITS

oopsy daisy!

Quote Originally Posted by cheapseats View Post
    My guess is this is aimed at my post.
    I’m completely with you about improving the team and if we can get better than Sammy for less, or even the same money I’m all for it, as long as the said player is younger than 33, hasn’t been injured for long periods and wants to be here....
    What I’m not for is letting him go and replacing him with more shite. We’ve been good at that over the last few years and actually Ameobi has contributed pretty well to the squad IMO
    For a free transfer he's done well for us. Much better than many others.

He'll be a cheap, known option who offers damn good back up if we can get someone better in.

If we can't better then it strays into territory of being a no brainer.

What's not to like about giving him another year?

Shoot to Thrill

Can't see any reason not to give Sammy another year

One of our more creative players

Quote Originally Posted by Redemption View Post
    At halftime, I thought, sod it, I'm going to the allotment and I'll listen on audio there. The first half was all them being boringly slick and us being calamitously casual. I expected it to be similar in the 2nd half.

By the time I'd got there and set mesen up, we'd scored. And as we pressed for a second I could feel it slipping away.

A draw, in the end, probably flatters us.

But I'll take it, it's another point pushing us towards mediocrity.
    Sure, but that's football. We were slick against Luton for 70 minutes, didn't score and got hit on the sucker punch. Since when did getting what you deserve ever come into it in this game?.

Viv Anderson

I'm sanguine.

My post literally accepts the difference between what can be said to be deserved and the actual outcome.

Upper Decker

Quote Originally Posted by cheapseats View Post
    Sure, but that's football. We were slick against Luton for 70 minutes, didn't score and got hit on the sucker punch. Since when did getting what you deserve ever come into it in this game?.
    It always amazes me when I hear it. 'Deserved' isnt a word that applies to football. The reason it's the world sport is largely due to it's within game randomness.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Stand Firm And Strike Hard

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    For a free transfer he's done well for us. Much better than many others.

He'll be a cheap, known option who offers damn good back up if we can get someone better in.

If we can't better then it strays into territory of being a no brainer.

What's not to like about giving him another year?
    It's the absolute definition of a no-brainer to re-sign Sammy. If we don't we have to pay for someone else, which is a risk, and money that can't be spent in areas of greater need

Viv Anderson

I think Ameobi is one of our best wingers and Samba is one of the divisions best keepers.

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by ubik View Post
    I think it's stretching it rather a lot to say Reading were there for the taking.

Might have been different if Lolley hadn't got injured, as he looked much better again today.

Taylor must be wondering what he has to do to get a game.
    What Taylor has to do is score some goals. It's pretty simple really.

Ian Storey-Moore

I didn’t watch or listen to the game so I’ll take a point against a decent side, one more point to safety.

Viv Anderson

Ameobi in a promotion side should be a squad player at best. If he’s cheap I’d give him a contract but don’t hang your hopes on him if you want to get promoted. He dosen’t turn up often enough. Forest have the 6th highest shots in the league but our goal record is distinctly woeful there is something a matter there.

Matchday Squad

Quote Originally Posted by adam09 View Post
    Worth noting we didn't create a clear chance again. Lots of shots from outside the box again. Reading had 11 efforts from inside the box.
    Going on bbc stats are what website uíve used is pretty one dimensional n blinked. No denying reading played well n looked threatening going forward. Murray chance which was on target in first half, saved my keeper, was inside box, lollyís lovely dribble first half and shot went just wide, although probably just outside area was great chance. Stats arenít everything

Wally Ardron

One more year is fine as a back up. If we were pushing toward the top with a settled side I'd let him go but seeing as there's going to be plenty of changes anyway we may as well keep him jor now.

Grenville Morris

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Lansbury View Post
    Going on bbc stats are what website u’ve used is pretty one dimensional n blinked. No denying reading played well n looked threatening going forward. Murray chance which was on target in first half, saved my keeper, was inside box, lolly’s lovely dribble first half and shot went just wide, although probably just outside area was great chance. Stats aren’t everything
    Absolutely fuck all to do with stats, all to do with are we creating chances that we are likely to score from.

Our saving grace is we have some good defenders and keeper (Bong is not one of those).

Senior doom Monger

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Clarks Tash View Post
    What Taylor has to do is score some goals. It's pretty simple really.
    And how does any striker score goals when not starting and when used as a sub it is generally for 10minutes at best?
    To be third choice behind the cart horse and the Bearded Wonder would crush any players’ spirit.
    Taylor needs to get away from Forest ASAP for his own sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    And how does any striker score goals when not starting and when used as a sub it is generally for 10minutes at best?
    To be third choice behind the cart horse and the Bearded Wonder would crush any playersí spirit.
    Taylor needs to get away from Forest ASAP for his own sake.
    Itís such a shame because I see in good player in Taylor. Heís shown he can hit the net, heís strong, pretty good technically and doesnít have any glaring weaknesses. Whatís more he has pace which is the most important X factor in a forward. I canít for the life of me think what heís done to deserve the cold shoulder heís getting but I fully expect him to turn up at another ambitious championship club next term and to be banging them in for fun. Where upon we will all whinge like mad....

Ian Storey-Moore

Thought Taylor’s looked decent with his limited time on the pitch recently. Massive kick in the nuts Grabban getting on the pitch in front of him yesterday. Thought Reading look a decent team with some really good young strong dynamic players (pretty much the opposite of Forest) which is pretty impressive given what we’ve spent on the squad in recent years..

Ian Storey-Moore

Did Grabban really get the armband when he came on? WTF is going on there then. I’m of the opinion that he needs to leave the club ASAP..

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by stockers View Post
    Did Grabban really get the armband when he came on? WTF is going on there then. I’m of the opinion that he needs to leave the club ASAP..
    He is actually captain I think, given that the actual captain (Dawson) isn't in the 25, and is unlikely to actually play. So if someone else, like Worrall, McKenna, etc captains the side it's basically a one off. I did think it was a bit silly that McKenna had to give Grabban the arm band when he came on though, that should really only change if the captain is substituted off.

Massive Member

Maybe it's an ego thing.

I don't think I've ever seen a player hand over the armband when he's still on the pitch.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    Maybe it's an ego thing.

I don't think I've ever seen a player hand over the armband when he's still on the pitch.
    It's an odd one.

Normally the player who starts the game as captain will finish the game as captain, unless injured or substituted.

Up-Front

Watched a rerun of the game in & out of sleep last night. Anyone else tried to watch us when your knackered, its a fucking test of endurance it really is.

From what I got, I couldn't split the two sides first half, Reading took over second half & we've done well to hold on for a point. My overview is we're a midtable operation who probably wont make a dent in the aspirations of top sides, but we'll likely hold on relatively comfortably to our championship status. theres very little to get excited about at present although i do feel Hughtons improved us going forward aesthetically.

Individually thought both full backs were prone to unforced errors & the keeper fucked up, conversely Ameobi had his 1 good game in 5 & Lolley looked better until the injury.

Tough to get inspired at present, all about next season now.