14 51.85%
  • Dancing in the Endzone for Forest

3 11.11%
  • Grimsby as both teams take a point

5 18.52%
  • Elton's Onions

5 18.52%
Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132

Thread: Matchday 35- Watford v Nottingham Forest (Sat, 12.30)

Viv Anderson

Default Re: Matchday 35- Watford v Nottingham Forest (Sat, 12.30)

Freeman is starting ahead of Mighten and Lolley because the latter are both being managed into the team slowly.

One due to inexperience and the other due to niggling injury problems.

Lolley is the man who should be starting once fit and on form. Looked decent today again when he came on.

Freeman just looks very average currently for someone who cost £5m a couple of years ago.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Grenville Morris

Quote Originally Posted by EmmersonForest4 View Post
    Is he better than
    Ariola
    Ramsdale
    Johnstone
    Guaita
    Darlow/Dubravka

Only reason I’m asking cause I don’t think he his. The best keeper we’ve had since fawaz came was De Vries for me than Samba. I don’t think a prem team would pay any more than 3 mill for him? What do you reckon?
    He’s not far off that level really is he? We’ve seen some of those keepers make big mistakes.

De Vries was a bit overrated for me because of what was before him. A lot of good keepers that are the same lev about and they all make a mistake here and there and it gets highlighted and blown out of proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Knockearts delivery is right up there with anything Ive seen in this league. He's suffering at present, teams can give him plenty of close attention safe in the knowledge nothings eminating from the opposite side.

Anyone looking at Knockeart as an issue is barking up the wrong tree.
    Aye. Knockers & Cash as a combo would fucking decimate 90% of opposing teams in this league.

Matchday Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-engelos Mindminackers View Post
    Aye. Knockers & Cash as a combo would fucking decimate 90% of opposing teams in this league.
    Not convinced as Knockaert doesn't defend consistently - as cruelly exposed by Watford's goal.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy22 View Post
    Freeman is starting ahead of Mighten and Lolley because the latter are both being managed into the team slowly.

One due to inexperience and the other due to niggling injury problems.

Lolley is the man who should be starting once fit and on form. Looked decent today again when he came on.

Freeman just looks very average currently for someone who cost £5m a couple of years ago.
    I always thought freeman was a attacking midfielder

Senior doom Monger

Knockaert: arrogant and greedy, petulant and a diver. But on his day he is better than the other midfield options available to us.
    Koronovic: technically very good but yet to have a goal or an assist to his name

Viv Anderson

Looking back at the game, it's clear that the goal was caused by Samba getting a kick in the head. A head injury is supposed to be important enough these days for immediate suspension of play, but in this case it wasn't, apparently.

Only conclusion is that our goalie is too brave; if he'd stayed down, clutching his head, he would have got the free kick.

As it was, a weak shot, slightly deflected crept between his legs. We might have been a grade lower than Watford, but for that incident, we would have claimed a draw. And, but for Taylor overrunning a previous move forward, we might even have claimed victory.

All looking at it with rose tinted glasses, of course, but CH seems to be engendering an esprit de corps which bodes well for next season; this season having, depressingly, gone.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by Red Ray's Redlist View Post
    Agree with all of this except I think Ribeiro is fine.
    Sorry but giving Krono shooting practise is a waste of time its not the quality of shots its the fact that he doesnt really get into good positions

Up-Front

Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    Looking back at the game, it's clear that the goal was caused by Samba getting a kick in the head. A head injury is supposed to be important enough these days for immediate suspension of play, but in this case it wasn't, apparently.

Only conclusion is that our goalie is too brave; if he'd stayed down, clutching his head, he would have got the free kick.

As it was, a weak shot, slightly deflected crept between his legs. We might have been a grade lower than Watford, but for that incident, we would have claimed a draw. And, but for Taylor overrunning a previous move forward, we might even have claimed victory.

All looking at it with rose tinted glasses, of course, but CH seems to be engendering an esprit de corps which bodes well for next season; this season having, depressingly, gone.
    Watford had three more gears if needed.

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Watford had three more gears if needed.
    Your evidence for this Mase?

Up-Front

Quote Originally Posted by RRRREDUN View Post
    Your evidence for this Mase?
    We were awful & they looked like they were coasting.

Matchday Squad

Quote Originally Posted by EmmersonForest4 View Post
    Is he better than
    Ariola
    Ramsdale
    Johnstone
    Guaita
    Darlow/Dubravka

Only reason Iím asking cause I donít think he his. The best keeper weíve had since fawaz came was De Vries for me than Samba. I donít think a prem team would pay any more than 3 mill for him? What do you reckon?
    Ariola (not sure)
    Ramsdale (yes)
    Johnstone (yes)
    Guaita (no)
    Darlow (probabaly yes) /Dubravka (no)

Samba hasnt been as good as when he first arrived, but still good for the Championship. Ramsdale in particular is an awful keeper Brice is much better than him

Nigel Clough

Default Matchday 35- Watford v Nottingham Forest (Sat, 12.30)

No way in hell Samba is even in the same league as Areola, who is a very good keeper indeed. Guaita is very good too and Sanchez at Brighton looks like a great prospect.

He could probably mix it with Ramsdale and Johnstone and Darlow, but thatís about it. Although Iíd argue Darlow isnít first choice when Dubravkaís fit, and Iíd have Dubravka ahead of Samba too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Massive Member

Why is samba being compared to this specific selection by the way?

Compared to every single goalkeeper in the league last year the majority of professional footballers in the league (including the goalkeepers) voted that he was keeper of the season? I don't see how theres even a point to argue. This random selection is the clickers highlights of the year (if that's possible) and keepers not even in the same division?

Of course the clicker knows more than the hundreds of professionals in the league that have played with or against him.

Upper Decker

Samba isn't as good as Henderson. One of the best young keepers around. He's had a good game against Man City.

Stand Firm And Strike Hard

Quote Originally Posted by ubik View Post
    Not convinced as Knockaert doesn't defend consistently - as cruelly exposed by Watford's goal.
    Completely agree.
    Heís a nightmare for a manger trying to put in place a disciplined hard working structure because you have no idea what he is going to do or not do. Not sure he does. Iím afraid heís the definition of a luxury player....

I should add that doesnít mean I donít like watching him when he has the ball at his feet in the attacking third-heís clearly a supremely talented dribbler and ball player in tight situations. Thereís just too little tangible output-heís a bit like abdoun really....

Matchday Squad

With Knockeart what frustrates is that he can charge around attack third, closing down defenders or their keeper. It looks good but a single press is not particularly effective and it impacts on our shape as he can end up opposite side of field. However when we need him to assert energy n track his man back for 20 yards he doesnít, or not on sat anyway. Not sure if other players wud get away with this, interesting to see if he starts next sat.

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by cheapseats View Post
    Completely agree.
    He’s a nightmare for a manger trying to put in place a disciplined hard working structure because you have no idea what he is going to do or not do. Not sure he does. I’m afraid he’s the definition of a luxury player....

I should add that doesn’t mean I don’t like watching him when he has the ball at his feet in the attacking third-he’s clearly a supremely talented dribbler and ball player in tight situations. There’s just too little tangible output-he’s a bit like abdoun really....
    He is actually a decent defensive winger, look at the amount of tracking back he does for example. But yes he did lose his man on Saturday.

And the thing is, he's a titch, so what is he going to offer at a set piece? So many times we don't have an outlet when defending a corner, and it seems that having the likes of AK not defending it but being an outlet for a quick counter works in principle.

Viv Anderson

Everyone is right to mention Knockaerts output and it deserves debate. The whole team has been awful with regards to output. It’s not just Knockaert stick Ameobi, Lolley, Murray, Grabban, Krovinovic... Literally all our attacking players have had shite output. I think Forest are one of the lowest scorers in England. We average less than a goal a game for sure. So you have to judge Knockaert in that basis! Has he got a lack of contributions through a lack of ability or because as a team we are shite at attacking?

Matchday Squad

chris knows if he sets the team up to attack we will get taken aprt so his theory is to hold onto what we have to start with and try and nick a goal to get a one nil win