Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Matchday 32: Rotherham United Fan Comments

Default Matchday 32: Rotherham United Fan Comments

At the start of the season there was always one player in a team that looked head and shoulders above the players that we have. Notts Forest's, for me was Christie at right back. He just looked classy.

First 15 minutes key for me tonight. Set the tone, get about, make a statement to Forest (within the rules of the game), start with blistering intensity, all the cliches, and maybe their minds will go to Friday when they play Derby, just maybe. First goal super important as they are resilient.

A big game for us, as it is for Forest, but they are bang in form of late and a close game is what I'm expecting.

I was on a few forest forums earlier and it was the usual condescending ill informed claptrap from a lot of them, so a victory would taste all the sweeter, aside from the importance of the 3 points.

Very scrappy so far, the wind not helping.

Olosunde got away lucky there with the challenge, fair due to forest player didn't try to make a meal of it.

Two poor sides up to now.

Getting batered at the moment..looking poor.

They're mopping up most of the 2nd balls too. Ominous.

Forest running the show.

Second best at the moment. We can't afford to go behind - we don't come back when we're behind.

Free header there.

Some chuffin negative posts on here. Weíre not that bad.

He was clearly offside, which is why he had a free header. And yes, I would agree we have matched them, and Crooks is running midield.

They've been on top but we're still in it.

Canít comment on ALL the first half as I fell asleep it was that riveting zzzzz.

Donít think they are as fit as us, hopefully last ten mins we will push it.

Offside I know, but what a save.

Fuck. Forest goal.

Offside! Where's VAR when you want it?

Offside twice for the goal though?

Itís been coming weíve been woeful ... offside though.

Unlucky but shyte defending.

How did Freddie miss the ball?

We must take those chances.

Ladapo kicking thin air, when should have scored.

More catching practice for the keeper, come on lads, we need to find some quality.

Crossbar ffs.

Unlucky Smithy. Never gonna happen tonight though. Felt it from early on.

The passing and crossing have been dire.
    Yet Forest have won courtesy of an offside goal and a diabolical miss by Freddie. Crossbar just saved them.

I thought we were awful tonight the worst in a long time, you can say they had quality players but so did other teams we have got points from, Yates was brilliant against smith marked him out of the game and to be fair the best team won even though it was offside that goal.

OK, so their goal was Offside, and a Red card - both given if we have VAR. Plus we miss a sitter and an easy header. But that apart, we were rubbish tonight...We have gone back to hoof ball - which might be excusable away at Norwich, but not at home to Forest.

Well the previous two games were frustrating because we lost 1-0 to apparently good sides but this was a different level of frustration because we were essentially rubbish. Another sitter of a chance missed and an effort off the bar but not much else to show for 90 minutes where in all honesty they seemed to panic whenever we got near their goal. Add to that an offsite goal and it doesn't make for a very good night for RUFC fans.

Offside goal..But that was a relegation performance, itís as bad as we have played, very hard to watch and be positive. If we play like that we are down by a mile.

Not a great performance but I would have still been happy had their goal been disallowed and Freddy had converted a dream chance. 4 defeats on the trot will be hard to recover from. Not that impressed with Forest tbh but our passing and crossing was as bad as I've seen.

Another nail in the coffin. Awful performance, players looked absolutely knackered. This team won't beat Reading either. Playing like a league one team against an average Forest side.

Complete shambles from the off, they played the long ball better than us.

The problem is we have very little quality cover. We would have beaten forest a couple of weeks back.

I wouldnt have minded too much if we had played all game like we did after they scored, but that was so frustrating to watch, and we still could have won the game in last 15 mins as, for me, both Freddie and Smudger really should score.

This game was the third or fourth this season that weíve had this ref against the so called bigger clubs, might explain why only one Forest player received a yellow card late on in game.

Forrest keeper last night caught almost everything. I'm not bothered if he got our MOTM our keeper can't catch a cold!

They have better quality players and that makes a difference. Freeman on over 30grand a week, the one who had a tussle with Harding 27grand a week . Better players make the ball do the work plus itís about confidence forest have been playing better these last few games while we have gone the other way.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Grenville Morris

Default Re: Matchday 32: Rotherham United Fan Comments

Standard mix of "we was unlucky" and "we were fucking dire" type comments from a forum that knows their team are in deep trouble.

I think they might do enough to survive. Good luck to them.

.k I m
    I m u mm

Fair comments. Thing is the way they were playing they were riding their luck, and they kept getting away with things. So sooner or later we were gonna catch a break, it was just a case of when & how. You need to play the percentages in this league, ad they didn't.

Nice to see.....

Yates was brilliant against smith marked him out of the game and to be fair the best team won even though it was offside that goal.

Still chuckling to myself about the mini-meltdown at his inclusion pre-match, chortle.

Massive Member

I take it they didn't agree with my Match facts then?

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Gaff Lad

Thanks for posting Calvin, much appreciated

Warp Speed Chic

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin Plummer View Post

How did Freddie miss the ball?
    Gimme a break lads, I went to bed cus I weren't feeling well

Nigel Clough

On that evidence they arenít staying up and it wonít even be close.

Looked like a rugby team and played like it too. Good riddance to them, Yorkshire twats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upper Decker

I was on a few forest forums earlier and it was the usual condescending ill informed claptrap from a lot of them
    You’ve lost that condescending ill informed claptrap
    Woho that condescending ill informed claptrap
    You’ve lost that condescending ill informed claptrap
    Now it’s gone gone gone wohoho

THE TRUTH IS THERE AND WITH IT I GO TO THE END OF THE WORLD .

Ale ape.

I was on a few forest forums earlier and it was the usual condescending ill informed claptrap from a lot of them, so a victory would taste all the sweeter, aside from the importance of the 3 points.

Nigel Clough

Don't know which forum this twat was reading, because on here the consensus was it would be a tough game and Rotherham were not to be taken lightly, despite being below us in the league and out of form?

EmmersonForest4 "Bellend"

I work with a Rotherham fan, he is a decent bloke and a good laugh when it comes to football, so I donít want to tag them too much but fuck me some of those comments...

Rotherham were absolutely dire, their only tactic was to stick as many big lads on as they had and lump the ball in to the box. Both chances came from set pieces (from memory), outside of that they offered nothing. The Ladipo (whatever his name is) airshot, Samba was right of top of it and the header, had been any lower Samba would have likely saved it anyway.

Good luck to them, they are going to need it.

Ian Storey-Moore

It's amazing how teams put in their worst performance against us. It's as if we have some sort of game plan to nullify their main threats.

Note the comment about Yates marking Smith out of the game, something all of us missed was going on.

Viv Anderson

I'm impressed that they know how much our players earn individually, without even knowing the name of one of them.

Thanks as ever Calvin.

Wally Ardron

Always cheers me up to read bitter comments when we’ve won, although a few did admit that we were on top for the majority of the game as did their manager which is good enough for me

Tbf our right back had more touches than our central pair combined, we weren't exactly playing the beautiful game.

Ian Storey-Moore

'Forrest keeper last night caught almost everything. I'm not bothered if he got our MOTM our keeper can't catch a cold!'

I thought their keeper was decent, at least had a good game and made a couple of very good saves.

Tbf our right back had more touches than our central pair combined, we weren't exactly playing the beautiful game.
    Not sure that is indicative of anything to be fair mate, both Christie and Bong pushed up the pitch and put crosses in to the box, it was clearly part of the tactics. Yates and Cafu werenít in there to cut them to pieces in the middle of the park.

I agree with what Hughton said after the game. We worked hard but when it possession we needed to work harder with it. But I thought we largely controlled the game outside of a few direct balls in to the box from set pieces, tried to play the better football and generally created the better chances.

Senior doom Monger

Having watched the Sky coverage via NowTV, all i can say is we played the right players, the right tactics and as for them saying their guy ran midfield first half... did they not see how Krovinovic actually ran midfield?

BTW, Sky commentators and pundits seem to have a real bias against Forest. Or was I just imagining it?

Last edited by Captain Sinister; 24-02-21 at 14:32.

Ale ape.

Quote Originally Posted by GandalfTheRed View Post
    Not sure that is indicative of anything to be fair mate, both Christie and Bong pushed up the pitch and put crosses in to the box, it was clearly part of the tactics.
    I’m pretty certain it was, and a key part of the control we took. We had their wing-backs penned right back playing like full-backs.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    BTW, Sky commentators and pundits seem to have a real bias against Forest. Or was I just imagining it?
    I think Keith Andrews would have given away his first born child for Rotherham to get something out the game last night.

Grenville Morris

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    They went out of their way to tell their viewers multiple times our goal was definitely offisde, despite the margin being razor thin.

They had no interest in talking about our chalked off goal for a nothing foul, nor was the foul on Yates in the build up to when they hit the bar in the final couple of minutes even mentioned at all, despite the numerous replays they showed

Fuck em.

A. Trialist

Thanks again Calvin - your dedication is phenomenal.

The comments are largely fair - one or two outliers as expected.

Normally I have an aversion to South Yorkshire clubs - my Sutton upbringing.

However, RUFC have overcome playing at Sheffield (Athletics Stadium) for some years.

Their owner is a local man made good and he has invested heavily in his local club.

Their ground is good for their needs - decent views etc.

Plus as a blue badge holder RUFC are excellent (and friendly).

I hope they survive as they are one of my drivable grounds from coastal Lincs.

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by GandalfTheRed View Post
    I think Keith Andrews would have given away his first born child for Rotherham to get something out the game last night.

Keith Andrews is always very positive towards Forest in comms gone by, he was a big fan of Sabri. He is defo one of the better co-commentators, along with Danny Higginbotham.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    They went out of their way to tell their viewers multiple times our goal was definitely offisde, despite the margin being razor thin.

They had no interest in talking about our chalked off goal for a nothing foul, nor was the foul on Yates in the build up to when they hit the bar in the final couple of minutes even mentioned at all, despite the numerous replays they showed

Fuck em.
    Glad someone else spotted the foul. It was also a foul throw.

As for the offside call. They were saying it was marginal, yet the replay was at an angle that exaggerated Yatesí position.

Your palms are holding her neck and thumbs are at her ears regulating the speed of her head as she swallows and then sucks up your machinery. She is topping up your engine oil for the cross-country coming up. Your RPM is hitting a new high. To wait any longer would be to lose prime time... She picks up a Bugatti's momentum. You want her more at a Volkswagen's steady trot. Squeeze the maximum mileage out of your gallon of gas. But she's eating up the road with all cylinders blazing.

Aniruddha Bahal (Bunker 13

Grenville Morris

Quote Originally Posted by Trents View Post
    Note the comment about Yates marking Smith out of the game, something all of us missed was going on.
    Uh, what? I thought it was obvious what Yates was doing, given he was contesting absolutely everything in front of Worrall and Figgy.