Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 168 of 188 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178 ... LastLast
Results 4,176 to 4,200 of 4694

Thread: Proper Football in the 70s and 80s before those W***ers at Sky killed it.

      
  1. #4176
    Gaff Lad
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    On the Fairground.
    Posts
    26,070

    Default Re: Proper Football in the 70s and 80s before those W***ers at Sky killed it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Buildabonfire1 View Post
    http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/...rt-grade-8.asp

    91-93 this is the top the tracksuit matched, lovely isn’t it
    Aye... but I have seen worse.


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #4177
    Gaff Lad
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    On the Fairground.
    Posts
    26,070

    Default Re: Proper Football in the 70s and 80s before those W***ers at Sky killed it.



    "Cam an' get yer programmes...."

    First person to spot Basil Fawlty wins a coconut.

    Last edited by rockabilly; 08-11-21 at 17:41.

  4. #4178
    Nigel Clough
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7,457

    Default Re: Proper Football in the 70s and 80s before those W***ers at Sky killed it.

    Quote Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post


    "Cam an' get yer programmes...."

    First person to spot Basil Fawlty wins a coconut.
    Far left, halfway up


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  5. #4179
    Gaff Lad
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    On the Fairground.
    Posts
    26,070

    Default Re: Proper Football in the 70s and 80s before those W***ers at Sky killed it.

    Quote Originally Posted by RealRed85 View Post
    Far left, halfway up


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No, not him... take another look, towards the middle, wearing white shirt.


  6. #4180
    Matchday Squad
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    603

    Default Re: Proper Football in the 70s and 80s before those W***ers at Sky killed it.

    Regarding time wasting...

    I remember sitting on the East Stand benches with my dad, a bloke behind us shouted "Hurry up and get on with it... I've got no lights on my bike!"

    This post from Rocka reminded me of when my father would pressgang me into watching Sunderland at Roker Park, one fella would alway shout the same thing each time Sunderland won a corner “yev not put a decent corner in since 73” ( referring to Sunderland winning FA cup goal from a corner ) this must have been 1982 but still got a good laugh, come to think of it in 2021 the same thing still applies


  7. #4181
    Gaff Lad
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    On the Fairground.
    Posts
    26,070

    Default Re: Proper Football in the 70s and 80s before those W***ers at Sky killed it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Buildabonfire1 View Post
    Regarding time wasting...

    I remember sitting on the East Stand benches with my dad, a bloke behind us shouted "Hurry up and get on with it... I've got no lights on my bike!"

    This post from Rocka reminded me of when my father would pressgang me into watching Sunderland at Roker Park, one fella would alway shout the same thing each time Sunderland won a corner “yev not put a decent corner in since 73” ( referring to Sunderland winning FA cup goal from a corner ) this must have been 1982 but still got a good laugh, come to think of it in 2021 the same thing still applies
    Nice one Bonfire.


  8. #4182
    Gaff Lad
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    On the Fairground.
    Posts
    26,070

    Default Re: Proper Football in the 70s and 80s before those W***ers at Sky killed it.

    What's for tea tonight?
    ...



  9. #4183
    Matchday Squad
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    603

    Default Re: Proper Football in the 70s and 80s before those W***ers at Sky killed it.




  10. #4184
    Ian Storey-Moore
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Cotgrave
    Posts
    2,714

    Default Re: Proper Football in the 70s and 80s before those W***ers at Sky killed it.

    Quote Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post
    What's for tea tonight?
    ...
    First course is Brian Rice
    Main course is Brian Rice
    Dessert is Brian Rice

    etc etc


  11. #4185
    Gaff Lad
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    On the Fairground.
    Posts
    26,070

    Default Re: Proper Football in the 70s and 80s before those W***ers at Sky killed it.






  12. #4186

    Default Re: Proper Football in the 70s and 80s before those W***ers at Sky killed it.

    Quote Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post





  13. #4187
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,518

    Default Re: Proper Football in the 70s and 80s before those W***ers at Sky killed it.

    Quote Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post


    My type of women.


  14. #4188
    Gaff Lad
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    On the Fairground.
    Posts
    26,070

    Default Re: Proper Football in the 70s and 80s before those W***ers at Sky killed it.




  15. #4189
    Gaff Lad
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    On the Fairground.
    Posts
    26,070

    Default Re: Proper Football in the 70s and 80s before those W***ers at Sky killed it.



    Name the ground? NO cheating.


  16. #4190
    Matchday Squad
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    603

    Default Re: Proper Football in the 70s and 80s before those W***ers at Sky killed it.

    That’s a beauty Rocka, Haven’t a clue……Bristol Rovers ?


  17. #4191
    Gaff Lad
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    On the Fairground.
    Posts
    26,070

    Default Re: Proper Football in the 70s and 80s before those W***ers at Sky killed it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Buildabonfire1 View Post
    That’s a beauty Rocka, Haven’t a clue……Bristol Rovers ?
    Incorrect, Mr Bonfire. I see where you're coming from regarding Bristol Rovers.

    This is a more well known ground. Still used today.


  18. #4192
    Matchday Squad
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    603

    Default Re: Proper Football in the 70s and 80s before those W***ers at Sky killed it.

    Nope I’m beat, I’m presuming the scoreboard end was used by the away fans, if that’s the case I’ve not been to this ground


  19. #4193
    Wally Ardron
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    1,948

    Default Re: Proper Football in the 70s and 80s before those W***ers at Sky killed it.

    I would think I've been to this ground if it's still in use-but I don't recognise it!
    Any more clues,Rocka?


  20. #4194
    Gaff Lad
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    On the Fairground.
    Posts
    26,070

    Default Re: Proper Football in the 70s and 80s before those W***ers at Sky killed it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Buildabonfire1 View Post
    Nope I’m beat, I’m presuming the scoreboard end was used by the away fans, if that’s the case I’ve not been to this ground
    Aye... the scoreboard end was used by the away fans.

    This picture was taken back in 1965. I would say it's a place where a lot of Forest fans aged around forty and over would have visited at some point.

    I'll leave it running 'til last thing tonight.


  21. #4195
    Gaff Lad
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    On the Fairground.
    Posts
    26,070

    Default Re: Proper Football in the 70s and 80s before those W***ers at Sky killed it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cloughie1975 View Post
    I would think I've been to this ground if it's still in use-but I don't recognise it!
    Any more clues,Rocka?
    I can bet my last quid you've been there a few times Cloughie.


  22. #4196
    Wally Ardron
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    1,948

    Default Re: Proper Football in the 70s and 80s before those W***ers at Sky killed it.

    Quote Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post
    Aye... the scoreboard end was used by the away fans.

    This picture was taken back in 1965. I would say it's a place where a lot of Forest fans aged around forty and over would have visited at some point.

    I'll leave it running 'til last thing tonight.
    Thanks for the further clue,Rocka.


  23. #4197
    Gaff Lad
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    On the Fairground.
    Posts
    26,070

    Default Re: Proper Football in the 70s and 80s before those W***ers at Sky killed it.

    The flood lights of '65 could be another clue.


  24. #4198
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    14,010

    Default Re: Proper Football in the 70s and 80s before those W***ers at Sky killed it.

    Is it Man yew


  25. #4199
    Gaff Lad
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    On the Fairground.
    Posts
    26,070

    Default Re: Proper Football in the 70s and 80s before those W***ers at Sky killed it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Yates View Post
    Is it Man yew
    Correct.


  26. #4200
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    14,010

    Default Re: Proper Football in the 70s and 80s before those W***ers at Sky killed it.

    Peice of piss

    Giz us an ard un Rocka


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •