Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 45 of 86 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 2126

Thread: Proper Football in the 70s and 80s before those W***ers at Sky killed it.

Wally Ardron

Default Re: Proper Football in the 70s and 80s before those W***ers at Sky killed it.

Quote Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post
    Looks like a Wolves game.
    Peter Knowles who jacked it all in at 23 to become a jehovah's witness?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Proper Football in the 70s and 80s before those W***ers at Sky killed it.

Quote Originally Posted by football post View Post
    Peter Knowles who jacked it all in at 23 to become a jehovah's witness?
    Correct

Quote Originally Posted by Loughborough_red View Post
    John Mahoney had a varied career before he landed that role as Frasier's dad.
    I see that Chelsea had "Jason Bourne" in their side.

Matchday Squad

There you go Steve.
    Ah yes there it is. Old Jinky Johnstone wasn’t jinking much by that stage. Is that our Tommy Gemmell watching him? The away kit in all white with navy and red stripes was nice too.

Wally Ardron

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Red Till Dead View Post
    Correct
    His last ever game was against us. They kept saying he'll be back in a few weeks, never did though.
    Strange story.

Gaff Lad

Gaff Lad

Gaff Lad

Arsenal V Forest.

BBCtv 'Quiz Ball'

I can vaguely remember this.

Viv Anderson

This is what I imagine Eddie Yates's local will look like on the morning of June 22.

Gaff Lad

Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    This is what I imagine Eddie Yates's local will look like on the morning of June 22.
    Absolutely.

Ian Storey-Moore

Arsenal V Forest.

BBCtv 'Quiz Ball'

Never missed this back in the day. Goals were scored by 4 different routes. Route 4 being 4 easy questions up to route 1 being 1 hard question. The cry of Route one could be heard from the Forest crowd during the period the program was broadcast on beeb 1.(a fore runner of gerrittforad.)Each team had a celebrity player. Ours used to be Ted Moult a local farmer/ tv celebrity. Ted unfortunately committed suicide after a bad bout of depression

Gaff Lad

Quote Originally Posted by OLDMANRED View Post
    Never missed this back in the day. Goals were scored by 4 different routes. Route 4 being 4 easy questions up to route 1 being 1 hard question. The cry of Route one could be heard from the Forest crowd during the period the program was broadcast on beeb 1.(a fore runner of gerrittforad.)Each team had a celebrity player. Ours used to be Ted Moult a local farmer/ tv celebrity. Ted unfortunately committed suicide after a bad bout of depression
    Thanks for this OMR.

Back in the early 80s I used to drink with Ted and his wife Myra in our local pubs in Melbourne. Proper down to earth chap he was too.

Wally Ardron

Scotland just beaten Wales to qualify for the 1978 Word Cup?
    Bottle of Pomagne bottom right, someone celebrated in style

Gaff Lad

Quote Originally Posted by football post View Post
    Scotland just beaten Wales to qualify for the 1978 Word Cup?
    Bottle of Pomagne bottom right, someone celebrated in style
    You are correct FP.

Gaff Lad

What a picture.

Viv Anderson

What a picture.
    Orient away FA Cup 4th round 1988, 2-1 Forest (Plumber & Glover) fuck know who scored for the Os

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    Saucy fucker,

what ya picking on me for

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Yates View Post
    Saucy fucker,

what ya picking on me for
    You haven't denied it though.

Viv Anderson

Orient away FA Cup 4th round 1988, 2-1 Forest (Plumber & Glover) fuck know who scored for the Os
    What I like is how the rest of the Forest bench look frozen (4th round is usually the end of January) but Cloughie senior is in just his tracksuit top/green jumper, keeping warm by shouting at people.

Gaff Lad

Spot on there Eddie.

Matchday Squad

The mother of all Cup runs-Halifax.Orient,Birmingham and Arsenal(all away)before losing to Liverpool.I think
    Orient's goal that day may have been an own goal from Colin Foster which gave the 4th Division side the lead.
    The two things I remember most from this game were 1.The best pre-match hot dog ever and 2.Seeing a dead cat in
    a box on Leyton high street afterwards with a note alongside it saying 'dead cats funeral'-obviously trying to
    raise funds(wild country).

Matchday Squad

Quote Originally Posted by OLDMANRED View Post
    Indeed,the excitement at school prior to a 'Quiz Ball' night was unbelievable.I seem to remember that Forest(or
    rather Ted Moult)were quite good in this competition-unlike their pitiful attempts on the field at that time.

Point for the ground
    Point for the away team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arsenal V Forest.

BBCtv 'Quiz Ball'

You can watch it here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgGyz9y0v_Y

Gaff Lad

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Red Till Dead View Post
    Nice one Red, I will do.