Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Players that have improved recently.

Gaff Lad

Default Players that have improved recently.

Time to give a few players a , following recent performances.

1. Christie.
    2. Bong.
    3. Figs.
    4. Yates.
    5. Knockers.

Gotta give credit where credit's due.

I admit I was not Christie's biggest fan. He gets a from me for his recent performances.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Up-Front

Default Re: Players that have improved recently.

Given how news of Murrays signing was received, he's been top drawer as well.

Senior doom Monger

Excellent thread Rocka!
    I would add Cafu to that list as when he first plaed he didn't look quite the full ticket.
    He now looks to have established his credentials to start most games.

A. Trialist

Well done Rocka on this thread.

Sadly we have a section of support eager to blame certain players.

We have had a terrific run based largely on a really tight defence.

Despite this we have seen ongoing criticism of 3/4 defenders.

I’m impressed by how the team have responded to our new midfielders.

Certainly the players you mention plus Cafu deserve credit.

Finally we must not forget Worrall’s high level of consistency nor Samba’s return to very good form.

Let’s hope they all deliver at the Sheep Dip.

COYR

Amazing the rewards a bit of consistency with a good manager brings.

Hope the top brass remember this when we lose a few games on the spin.

Last edited by Alf-engelos Mindminackers; 25-02-21 at 20:56.

Viv Anderson

Default Players that have improved recently.

Iím still watching Christie. Had a good game against the millerís (nothing too special I have to say).

Heís a loanee tho so I could care less, just put your average performances in and go back to Fulham. Only a matter of time before Richardson or Gabriel would be ready, surely.

Gaff Lad

Good afternoon Thomas.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post
    Good afternoon Thomas.
    Hope youíre having a peaceful evening rocka

Gaff Lad

Quote Originally Posted by Dogtits View Post
    Hope you’re having a peaceful evening rocka
    Not bad... not bad at all, ta Thomas.

Viv Anderson

No,

I said Bong was shit in 2015 & I'm sticking by that opinion even when he wins the ballon dor

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Yates View Post
    No,

I said Bong was shit in 2015 & I'm sticking by that opinion even when he wins the ballon dor
    Lad.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I’m still watching Christie. Had a good game against the miller’s (nothing too special I have to say).

He’s a loanee tho so I could care less, just put your average performances in and go back to Fulham. Only a matter of time before Richardson or Gabriel would be ready, surely.
    Its great to give credit, however like 'tits I still have grave doubts about Christie. I'm prepared to shut my trap until he fucks up again. Maybe we should have a sweepstake on how long that will be?.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
    Lad.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Rock on Tommy

Shoot to Thrill

Without wanting to be controversial (which obvs means I'm about to be controversial)... but I wouldn't necessarily call Bong a player that's improved, rather a player that is actually decent but was written off after twenty minutes of football and now after being given another chance is showing he's a decent player

1. Christie has improved, best game against Rotherham in a red shirt. Even cut out the passes straight into touch. But there was one moment on the overlap where he laid an easy short ball off badly, it was intercepted and Rotherham broke, and he literally stood still watching it, then jogged back slowly. I think it was Knockaert and Yates who savd his bacon. It was really odd.
    2. Bong doesn't close down anywhere near quick enough, makes it easy to cross in. Ribeiro is a better defender.
    3. Figs game hasn't changed but Hughton has cleverly changed how the team plays to cover his weaknesses. He no longer picks up at corners, and his long outball is now expected and Knockaert is busting a gut to get there and challenge for it.
    4. Yates is massively improving, and even before that was unfairly criticised. He needs someone alongside him who can spread the play like Watson did.
    5. Knockaert - Really improved, looks sharp, though still very greedy and prone to dive and hit/kick out.

Ian Storey-Moore

I'd actually put Samba on the most improved list

And as for Crispy...he still plays football like a PE Teacher, but at least he now looks like a 27 year old one and not like he's pushing 40.
    Almost looked athletic on Tuesday.

Up-Front

Quote Originally Posted by Red Ray's Redlist View Post
    1. Christie has improved, best game against Rotherham in a red shirt. Even cut out the passes straight into touch. But there was one moment on the overlap where he laid an easy short ball off badly, it was intercepted and Rotherham broke, and he literally stood still watching it, then jogged back slowly. I think it was Knockaert and Yates who savd his bacon. It was really odd.
    2. Bong doesn't close down anywhere near quick enough, makes it easy to cross in. Ribeiro is a better defender.
    3. Figs game hasn't changed but Hughton has cleverly changed how the team plays to cover his weaknesses. He no longer picks up at corners, and his long outball is now expected and Knockaert is busting a gut to get there and challenge for it.
    4. Yates is massively improving, and even before that was unfairly criticised. He needs someone alongside him who can spread the play like Watson did.
    5. Knockaert - Really improved, looks sharp, though still very greedy and prone to dive and hit/kick out.
    Everyone gets a negative caveat apart from Yates.

The academy bias thats prevailant within a large p[art of the fanbase is probably a reason this thread exists.

Viv Anderson

Yates is the young player on that list, weíre specifically looking at his growth aspect of his game. Weíre already plenty negative about the lad in general, unless you mean the inclusion of his massive cock.

Everyone else you expect to perform at atleast a decent level, and thatís only happened quite recently to a select few and barely consistently.

Up-Front

Yates is the young player on that list, we’re specifically looking at his growth aspect of his game. We’re already plenty negative about the lad in general, unless you mean the inclusion of his massive cock.

Everyone else you expect to perform at atleast a decent level, and that’s only happened quite recently to a select few and barely consistently.
    Wasnt really a pop at Yates, although at 23yrs old, he should be scrutinised objectively.

Point was, some folk will take more time ripping Christie/Knockeart apart because they think Gabriel/Mighten should be playing.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Wasnt really a pop at Yates, although at 23yrs old, he should be scrutinised objectively.

Point was, some folk will take more time ripping Christie/Knockeart apart because they think Gabriel/Mighten should be playing.
    I think itís more about how Christie is probably on a fair chunk of wages, is old enough to be a cemented championship player and, crucially, on loan. But the majority of his performances, especially at the beginning, were wank.

Knockeart is finally looking like the player that would regularly tear this league apart. It took a while but it eventually happened, hence his inclusion in that list.

Iíll rip them to shreds because they make way too much money to be shit, atleast originally.

Gaff Lad

Good morning Thomas.

Wally Ardron

I would argue that it’s worth a shout on this thread for the Manager and his coaching staff who will have contributed hugely to any improvement we have witnessed.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post
    Good morning Thomas.
    Morning Rocka, I should definitely go to sleep.

Gaff Lad

Morning Rocka, I should definitely go to sleep.
    Most definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by Red bandit View Post
    I would argue that it’s worth a shout on this thread for the Manager and his coaching staff who will have contributed hugely to any improvement we have witnessed.
    Was just about to post similar. As RRR says for example.......

Quote Originally Posted by Red Ray's Redlist View Post
    This season is very much like Billy's first half-season when he kept us up. We grew as a team & unit considerably, mostly down to the manager.

Hoots should get 3 years like Billy should have. He might not need that, but I'm very nervous that if we start doing well the fans & owners will start thinking some of these players are now world beaters, and the manager is holding them back. Much like the fools who thought employing McClaren was gonna make the likes of Chambers better.

Become a playoff challenging side should happen next season. But becoming a genuine Prem caliber team is gonna take some time, even if we go up.

Hoots can do that. Let's just hope the owners recognize that, & play their part by backing him too. If all their extraordinarily naieve fuck ups serve to learn them lessons to make this work, fair enough, lets now make the most of that & crack on.