1 3.13%
  • Stone Cold Stunner

4 12.50%
Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast

Thread: Matchday 32 - Rotherham vs Nottingham Forest

Youth Team

Default Re: Matchday 32 - Rotherham vs Nottingham Forest

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney act View Post
    Before you start sucking each other’s cocks, we’ve had some real luck. Mightens bizarre deflection awful penalty taken against us last game, offside goal tonight. Luck will run out!!
    You should start gate crashing funerals mate. You would be great at them

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Shoot to Thrill

The ten match form table:

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post

You know what killer signing would make the difference between being 4th and top though?

Diakhaby

Viv Anderson

Yawn

Matchday Squad

I think 6 of our next 8 games are against teams in the top 8 of that list.

Could do with a striker finding some form in time for that.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Viv Anderson

Epic playoff run?

Matchday Squad

Winning 2 points a game for the last 10 matches. Promotion form if it hadn’t come so late in the season.

Inequity & hypocrisy

Unfortunately I didn’t get to see or hear the game but that’s a great result against the type of team we usually struggle with.

COYR

First Team

so how did rotherham matt crooks did , if they went down, would he be a good asset to accuire ? He has done well this season and was player of the month for jan. with flip,garner gone and sow possibly leaving, midfield is one area we will need to strengthen in the summer.

oopsy daisy!

Great defensively again. Real positive. Won't win anything going forward if we leak goals. Solid defence.

Looking good. We won't concede many goals for the rest of the season. Rotherham didn't know how to get past us.

Teams are going to be hard pushed to score against us.

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Great defensively again. Real positive. Won't win anything going forward if we leak goals. Solid defence.

Looking good. We won't concede many goals for the rest of the season. Rotherham didn't know how to get past us.

Teams are going to be hard pushed to score against us.
    Think we'll see throughout March with the sides we've got how good (I say good what I mean is average) we actually are now. No doubt we look better but we've got a ridiculously tough run after Luton for 5 odd matches. We've put a sufficient cushion though to I think appease anyones fears on relegation which can only be a good thing!

That'll tell us a lot about how much he'll probably need to come in for next season.

I'm personally expecting an incredibly dull month on the viewing front. It'll get better results but I'd be staggered if we took any joy out of watching us go and get them!

Quote Originally Posted by mouldynffc View Post
    Think we'll see throughout March with the sides we've got how good (I say good what I mean is average) we actually are now. No doubt we look better but we've got a ridiculously tough run after Luton for 5 odd matches. We've put a sufficient cushion though to I think appease anyones fears on relegation which can only be a good thing!

That'll tell us a lot about how much he'll probably need to come in for next season.

I'm personally expecting an incredibly dull month on the viewing front. It'll get better results but I'd be staggered if we took any joy out of watching us go and get them!
    You could be right Mouldy but, in general, I just think we now actually form decent attacks and half regularly too.

I watch or listen to each match feeling that, even if the opposition is on top, we're never a million miles away from doing something going forward.

I don't think I felt like that once in 2020.

Ian Storey-Moore

Another solid performance last night. Worrall excellent again. With a bit of composure towards the end of the game we could have had more than one goal. Roll on Friday. I predict we'll beat the sheep.

Up-Front

Another triumph for Hughtons adaptability, good call on Yates, hate what he does for the momentum in the middle but perfect for last nights scenario, bought a ton of cheap free kicks & killed all their rythm.

Disjointed game, we came on top in all the stats, deserved the three points albeit they had two very live chances that could have taken it the other way. This new found versatility id very encouraging for our future chances, Hughtons really showing he can set us up for all situations & have the players follow it through.

Rotherhams energy & the weather did nowt for our flow, but individually you could put up alot of names for credit. Step forward Cyrus Christie though, great game & two fingers to alot of us who werent getting it so far.

Onwards to Friday, massive game.

Wally Ardron

Also in the last 6 games we have the best away form in the league. Even King Billy didn't manage that.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry1982 View Post
    Also in the last 6 games we have the best away form in the league. Even King Billy didn't manage that.
    The Hughton-Davies comparison is an interesting one.

I think Billy was quicker in thought & spotted things which few others did, plus someone who could get more from less motivationally.

But Hughton's WAY more balanced all round in everyway, and his calm, rooted focus has way more potential for us long term. As you highlight, his methods do the business away too, which is massive.

Really hope Hughton gets the time & backing he dserves.

Matchday Squad

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    so how did rotherham matt crooks did , if they went down, would he be a good asset to accuire ? He has done well this season and was player of the month for jan. with flip,garner gone and sow possibly leaving, midfield is one area we will need to strengthen in the summer.
    It's funny that with Garner and Krovinvic coming in Sow barely gets mentioned at the minute for being out injured, if he even is. The other two have done so well weve almost forgotten Sow, whereas before we were willing him back. Progress.

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by justnotjase View Post
    It's funny that with Garner and Krovinvic coming in Sow barely gets mentioned at the minute for being out injured, if he even is. The other two have done so well weve almost forgotten Sow, whereas before we were willing him back. Progress.
    Exacly, he wouldn't get a start currently.

What I also noticed last night was Knockers doing a lot better tracking back defensively than the past few matches.

Gaff Lad

Quote Originally Posted by justnotjase View Post
    Who's Sow?

Yep I agree with the above.

oopsy daisy!

Quote Originally Posted by mouldynffc View Post

Not necessarily true though. Watching a really good defensive performance can, to some people, be even more entertaining than going out to score goals with the risk of conceding some.

We don't do that. We don't look like letting a goal in. So good at the back now.

And as to the games coming up, we are totally underestimating Rotherham. Look a that form table Harvey posted. Even with us making it 4 defeats in a row they are still 13th in the form table. They are much better than they appear to be on paper. If it wasn't for the 16 teams above them they would be in the playoff places.

There are some teams who think they are good about to run into the Hughton wall of Forest and come to a juddering halt.

Gaff Lad

"The Hughton wall of Forest".

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-engelos Mindminackers View Post
    You could be right Mouldy but, in general, I just think we now actually form decent attacks and half regularly too.

I watch or listen to each match feeling that, even if the opposition is on top, we're never a million miles away from doing something going forward.

I don't think I felt like that once in 2020.
    I agree with this.

While I don't think we're the final product, we're a different beast than what CH inherited in Sept. I've said for a while - since early November - you can see what he was trying to do with the reconfiguration of the team structure etc.

The new boys in Jan seem to have completed the pieces and lots of players in the squad are playing their part. He brings players in and out for the game plan and this seems to work without disruption.

I'm not going into games with any expectations of wins but nor am I expecting losses either. I said before the Swansea game, they would probably win, but we have enough to get a draw but also a win.

That's a reliable/dependable feeling now.

We're not motoring, but our 10 game form is 2ppg, and the 6form is 2.1ppg. If we could sustain that for the remaining 14 games we'd be close to the top 6. It will probably elude us, but not an impossible fantasy. A 10pt gap to close over 14 games is not insurmountable.

The next patch of games will be telling about the team we are today.

EXACT SAME BENEFITS

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Not necessarily true though. Watching a really good defensive performance can, to some people, be even more entertaining than going out to score goals with the risk of conceding some.

We don't do that. We don't look like letting a goal in. So good at the back now.

And as to the games coming up, we are totally underestimating Rotherham. Look a that form table Harvey posted. Even with us making it 4 defeats in a row they are still 13th in the form table. They are much better than they appear to be on paper. If it wasn't for the 16 teams above them they would be in the playoff places.

There are some teams who think they are good about to run into the Hughton wall of Forest and come to a juddering halt.
    Oh some people do get a real kick out of it of course and if that's the case, I would expect, what I am hoping be a decent stretch of time you're going to enjoy watching Forest play under Hughton. It's just not something that gets me "out of my seat". It's why I love watching Leeds as a neutral for example but not Tottenham or West Ham.

Rotherham gave a good account of themselves last night but lacked that quality I thought. I felt they deserved something from the game on balance and we just had that talent that made the difference. We are going to come up against good sides, with that talent after Luton and I expect them to win if I'm honest and will feel no disappointment if they do, it's just what their quality as a side will show. The best form guide IMO is the current league standings based on all games played.

If we can get 3 points plus from those 4 (5 if you include Cardiff as I would) as doomsday as it sounds, I think we'll have done well. ANy more than that really, really well.

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by Trents View Post
    Exacly, he wouldn't get a start currently.

What I also noticed last night was Knockers doing a lot better tracking back defensively than the past few matches.
    I've noticed before, he's a good defensive winger as well, covers a lot of ground. Just watch him more. I think it was picked up when he was with CH at Brighton too.

Ian Storey-Moore

They are very much 80s Wimbledon. Long throws and big balls up to big fellas in attack. They offered very little with the ball on the deck. Our defenders and Samba dealt with the aerial barrage superbly.