Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Matchday 31: Blackburn Rovers Fan Comments

Default Matchday 31: Blackburn Rovers Fan Comments

So, silence*speaks volumes. 1320 on a Friday & no match thread. Will anyone be watching? Think I might, in some sort of sick perverted, self torture kind of way. Expect the same crap as the last few matches. Mowbray Out.

Hope*for 5 nil Forest, the end of Mowbray era and the chance for someone new to have the end of the season to work out what they need before a real push next year.

I expect 2-1 Forest and we limp on.

0-1 loss sadly.

I always*hope for a Rovers win, alas, I’m not expecting*one at Forest. As with our last three opponents, we could & should beat them.*They are sitting 18th on the table, but I wouldn’t be a bit surprised to see them catch up to us in a couple of weeks.

The shame of it is, at their age Lyle Taylor &*Lewis Grabban probably*couldn’t make our 11, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see either player get the game-winner.

Forget*about Barnsley, forget about the 3 game losing streak, forget*about Nyambe contract situation... its all about Joe Lolley and getting one over Nottingham Forest after the last*minute winner earlier in the season.* One game at a time.

Funnily*enough, Joe has a bit of a soft spot for Rovers. He used to post often on the Rovers 606 pages and another Rovers forum (no longer active) with a bunch of us around 2008-10. He was a regular in the match day threads and used to cheer us on, even though he's*a Villa fan. It didn't stop the rascal from diving or scoring a winner against us though!

Would love for us to sign him. He has lost his starting place at Forest. Has a cracking left foot and can play on either wing. Forest would want too much for him though.

Forest*seem to be in worse a state than us. They have also*become a bit of a bogey team for us. Two things will happen, the cheat that is Joe Lolley will score again and we will lose! It’s a 4th defeat in a row.

Currently*lower in the league table, but I would swap managers in a heartbeat. Hughton will get them sorted.

Their*recent form is pretty decent too, only lost to Swansea very late on after being the better team, not many outplayed Swansea at their place this season i'll bet. They do however,*seem to have a problem scoring, that might change tomorrow with Mowbray in town.

Forest*are on the up, as predicted when Hughton took over. 2 defeats in 10 and only 6 goals conceded. Hughton knows you build your side on a 'defensive platform',*unlike Billy Bullshit who is in charge of us. That attacking platform that Tony has built Rovers on has brought*us 9 goals in the last 10 games. Billy Bullshit.

Hughton*is a proper clued up astute manager at this level - everything Mowbray isn't - he will make gradual improvements, building from the back and improve a side year on year. He's doing now what he did at Brighton in his first season - inherited an absolute shambles - he's not ripping up trees or blowing teams away but the signs are there - they are*conceding less goals, becoming harder to beat and climbing the table slowly but surely. They won't win awards for nice football or nonsense like box incursions, expected goals or number of passes completed but they will achieve consistency. Next season he'll have them challenging for the top 6, like he did at Brighton and Birmingham. They'll be really hard to beat. We'll still be lolloping around going nowhere and Mowbray will be able to bemoan the Forest spending, resources, quality etc.

I was`nt*aware Glenn Murray was at forest, he`s a proper centre forward ffs, I hope tony tells lenihan to take care of him because murray up against branthwaite or harwood bellis is like putting the fox in with the*chickens, it`ll be a harsh lesson for either of those two.

Just*looked at the Forest squad. Not only have they got Lolley and Glen Murray but also another regular thorn in our*side, Knockaert. One or two of these is bound to score.

To ask*two teenagers to keep an experienced and seasoned forest forward line quiet is unfair on them and a damning indicement of Mowbrays management.

£100*for £260 back for a*Forest win.

Forest*are*definately going into my treble for this*afternoon,along with southend and rochdale.

Forest*soaking the pitch, they’re a physical long ball team so expect our ducks to be falling over every ten seconds.

"Forest*is a club with a history and you can see why it would be attractive to any manager” - N Yardley
    Yet nobody would come*to Rovers...

Forest are no bigger than us.

Brereton*should have scored

Should have scored*what? *The header from 14 yards out

Best*start we’ve made to a game in*months.

Knockheart is a tidy player.

What*a*goal.

Oh dear.

They*have a 100% winning record when going ahead by the way.

One day we'll get lucky goals like that.

Not only is knockeart too clever for us he's way too clever for the ref too.

This*ref is having a fucking shocker. Everything against rovers.

Mainly*because we are*fouling a lot.

Knockeart got marbles for studs.

Forest completely bossing it a lot.

Somehow*every time Forest attack they look like they'll score.

Bell*is just a*danger. That said the old fella should have buried that for forest.

Brereton. He’s just a clown.*

Best player for me so far although*that*isn’t saying much we’ve been gash bar the opening five.

Unlucky*from*Armstrong but lucky not to be 3 down based on Forest chances.

On iFollow...Forest*have*a*half-time round up of the scores around the grounds while the Rovers commentary has...silence. Hardly groundbreaking stuff, but at least Forest are making an effort! As always, Rovers as a club just give*off the feeling that they can't really be all that bothered. It's been the same for a decade now.

Commentary*is*Radio Nottingham. Professional.

Cracking attempt from Arma hits the post.

What game is this commentator watching. He just said Rovers are unlucky to be behind.Based on real chances I have forest up 4-2.

Armstrong has hit the post for us and that's it. Forest have scored, had one headed off the line, hit the bar and generally looked much more threatening going forward.

Good management by Houghton... Murray in danger of getting a second yellow.

Should have been 2-0. Missed an open goal.

What a miss by Forest lol

Preston missed two penalties today haha

Mowbray giving Nyambe a secret note lol

Penalty.

Bloody*hell, the secret note actually worked.

Haha,*penalty saved. Bloody hell Armstrong that was weak.

Terrible penalty.

Good save though.

Penalty!!! Saved. Great save by samba cos it was a good pen. Was he on his line though?

VAR,*re-take, well off his line, usual awful*ref.

Their*keeper should be off for this time wasting. Should have picked up a yellow card when he cleaned out Nyambe and one for this blatant time wasting.*Yes, I'm bitter.

The*reporter on Final*score said Rovers*were poor, Forest deserved to win, an unbiased opinion.

Very*even game I thought today. Draw would have been a reasonable result based on the balance of play. But only really because Forest looked as poor as us. To progress when a team*play as poorly as Forest did today we have to beat them, not lose against them in a marginal game...

Played*OK today. Certainly not as bad as previous games. But not good enough to win and I never at any stage felt like we were going*to win or even nick as point to be honest.

Deserved*a*draw today that would have been fair enough against another similar side who should be doing better.* They'll out perform us next season*if Hughton gets a bit of backing I've no doubt.

We didn't deserve anything from that game. Even if you include our penalty miss in it. Forest missed some shockers and should have been out of sight before then.

Forest should have scored 4.

We could have scored 2.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Matchday 31: Blackburn Rovers Fan Comments

Thanks Calv!

Blimey, a fanbase more cynical than ours!

Thanks as ever Calvin.

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    Blimey, a fanbase more cynical than ours!

Thanks as ever Calvin.
    I thought they were a decent team. Armstrong-best player on pitch, everytime he received ball he was a threat. Prepared to shoot, run at people. Looked like they generally have a really young team, but had loans in core positions which is destabilising when they leave. I presume Blackburn’s locality to Manchester n Liverpool has been an advantage for them getting these loans. That’s not happened at forest- I wonder if hughton can tap into Leicesters or villas resources and begin to take loans from them.

Thanks for posting Calvin, very much appreciated.

Beautiful Calvin.

Thank you.

One thing I've noticed from all the fans comments over the last month or two is, they all rate Hughton.

That says to me we're very lucky to have Hoots at our club. Shame our Mongs on Twitter and such like don't appreciate that fact.

The Foam Hand

Maybe a bit harsh on themselves? Thought they were one of the better sides we’ve played, at least they had some urgency about them and weren’t dirty. Doesn’t say much for this league though does it.

Thanks for posting Calvin

Quote Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post
    One thing I've noticed from all the fans comments over the last month or two is, they all rate Hughton.

That says to me we're very lucky to have Hoots at our club. Shame our Mongs on Twitter and such like don't appreciate that fact.
    They all seem to acknowledge the improvement Hughton has made to us so far as well, and how things at the moment seem to be mirroring his early days at Brighton.

Hughton is a top manager at this level and we are very lucky to have him.

Forever, My Lady

Good to hear some kind words about our commentary

Having listened to various local radio coverage on matches over the years ours is definitely up there with some of the best

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    They all seem to acknowledge the improvement Hughton has made to us so far as well, and how things at the moment seem to be mirroring his early days at Brighton.

Hughton is a top manager at this level and we are very lucky to have him.
    Absolutely, Ashley.

Decent comments, they really want Mowbray out lol, Brereton a decent striker think he would worked on his own aswell, never gonna score 20 plus goals but holds up the balls and can run with the ball. Don't get why clubs keep employing mowbary, especially with Pearson, billy Davies available at this level every team they have managed is always around the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    Good to hear some kind words about our commentary

Having listened to various local radio coverage on matches over the years ours is definitely up there with some of the best
    It definitely is. Though when we've had away commentary it's not been too bad recently too, seem to recall Preston was pretty decent. Was it Wycombe who didn't know any of our players? Maybe given that they are broadcasting the same commentary to both sets of fans (which presumably can't be much longer now with lockdown ending soon) the BBC have asked them to be less partizan? (Though I thought always that Fray was relatively neutral)

I think it helps having Hodge. His knowledge of opposing sides and how they set up is excellent.

He'd be great on Sky.

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

Their*keeper should be off for this time wasting. Should have picked up a yellow card when he cleaned out Nyambe and one for this blatant time wasting.*Yes, I'm bitter.

Found my kindred spirit!

Cheers Calvin

By "relegation battle", do you mean 7th, 12th or 14th?

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

To my ear, Fray comes across as a purebred Tricky who happens to be doing a professional job. As should any local commentator with colours to speak of.

What annoys me is when you get a partsan commentary team who seem afraid to say wheh their side are shit, as if people are going to stop listening unless they ehar a sugar coated version of the game. Other stations should know from Radio Nottingham that that's simply not what happens if you give an honest reflection of a match to frothing angry fans. we listen anyway.

This all comes back though to a 0-0 draw between Wimbledon and Man City back in the early days of Sky. The commentary on that match was talked about for weeks because you'd have thought it was the world cup final. Production decision, clearly... and now it's the norm, because people proved themselves willing to pay for it.

The thing is, every one knows when their club is shit and everyone thinks their club is shit even when they aren't. Look at Arsenal fans - they've really unhappy on the whole but I can't remember then being knocked out of the third tier playoffs by Yeovil very often in recent years. So where's the harm in saying "this is a boring game and I want my money back, even though I'm being very well paid to be here"?

You'd respect that, wouldn't you?

there have been some good 'away' commentaries recently but Cardiff's was utter dogshit.

Massive Member

Sky and the like rely heavy on the forced laddish "banter", so they have clearly biased people working for them. I completely agree I prefer to have balanced commentary, but it wouldn't work on the mainstream TV fan. They need to hear it so they can repeat it and not present their own opinions on Monday morning. That also filters down to the people listening/watching in the other leagues. We all know forest "fans" that never bother with games and only show up to the pub on Derby Day repeating shit they've read/heard in media.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Fail View Post
    there have been some good 'away' commentaries recently but Cardiff's was utter dogshit.
    Worst I heard in (fairly) recent times was Bolton's. They thought they were Max and Paddy.

Senior doom Monger

I feel for Rover's fans.
    I know Jack Walker bought their Premiership title (but then again, every team that wins the Prem has to fling money around to do it, so I don't blame him for it), but he was a Rover's fan through and through (a bit like Nigel was a Forest fan who became the owner).
    However, after Walker's death Rovers became the plaything of the Vrenkys.
    They have never treated the club, not the fans nor managers and players with the respect that should be accorded.
    As such they are vilified, have made mistake after mistake and presided over Rovers fall from grace.
    The fans have had to put up not only with that (think Fawaz!!), they now have in Tony Mowbray a manager who is a real anachronism.
    He has repeatedly introduced the same style at club after club and it is now well past its sell by date.
    His teams become physical and dirty, and there seems to be little love for the club from its players.
    I think the comments are well-balanced overall.
    Thanks Calvin.

I hope Tony Mowbray stays at Blackburn for ages

tel - 0898 12 11 74

They like Lolley, he's got to be worth double what they paid for Brereton

Warp Speed Chic

The thing I really dislike about Sky commentary (and one of the reasons why I listen to The Kick Off instead) is the "oooh that man said a bad word we're sorry" just fuck off!

Quote Originally Posted by Freddie View Post
    The thing I really dislike about Sky commentary (and one of the reasons why I listen to The Kick Off instead) is the "oooh that man said a bad word we're sorry" just fuck off!
    "Please accept our apologies if you thought what Freddie said is offensive."

Senior doom Monger

Quote Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post
    "Please accept our apologies if you thought what Freddie said is offensive."
    It was terribly offensive.
    I hate it when people use the S*y word.

Quote Originally Posted by jim Bowen
    Somehow*every time Forest attack they look like they'll score.
    I want whatever you've had Jim.

Thanks Calv. An interesting read from a bunch of fans where the fair-minded are over-shadowed by a the over-entitled. Seems familiar

Last edited by Redemption; 21-02-21 at 17:28.
    EXACT SAME BENEFITS