Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Massive Member

Default Re: Summer 2021 transfer window

Knockers has been promoted 3 times I think? Anyone claiming he isn't good enough is shitting all over the theory that buying players who know how tough the championship. He's more than good enough.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-engelos Mindminackers View Post
    It'll be interesting to see whether it's possible or not, but you're spot on here.

One of the reason's Hughton is such a good land is his connections to players like these. We have to do our best to embrace that.

Hopefully Fulham stay up, and we get him cheap or on loan.
    Thats what Im hoping for as well, we could really do with him on loan or on the cheap. If they get relegated theyll probably want to play him or sell him for 10 mill plus.

Alf what do you want in summer? if we want transfer funds we are going to have to sell Worrall by the looks of things as no other player we have will command such a large fee? What would you like to see happen? Could we get by on a transfer budget of 5 mill and sell a few bit part players?

Massive Member

Yeah, What would you like in the summer Alf? You haven't mentioned it before? :Nowink:

Or if you did me and Emmo must have missed it.

Ian Storey-Moore

If Fulham stay up I reckon we could get him for a good price, if they go down we will either have to pay a fortune or they won’t sell.

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    Yeah, What would you like in the summer Alf? You haven't mentioned it before? :Nowink:

Or if you did me and Emmo must have missed it.

Sell Hefele, Diallo, Blackett and Bachirou for 10m each, keep Worrall, Johnson and Mighten and put Murray and Dawson through a time machine to de-age them 10 years.

I think that covers it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wally Ardron

Can only sell those that other clubs want to buy though. There in lines the problem.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by RealRed85 View Post
    Sell Hefele, Diallo, Blackett and Bachirou for 10m each, keep Worrall, Johnson and Mighten and put Murray and Dawson through a time machine to de-age them 10 years.

I think that covers it.
    You forgot dating Margot Robbie.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by congo_red View Post
    Also hopefully...Hughton has a plan B, if Knockers is a no-go.
    Depending on the money available, there should be plenty of plans B. It's not that difficult to find quality wingers. The midfield and full-backs are a more difficult problem to address. Your midfield consists of two loanees and a dirt cheap "Oly reject" and quality midfielders who fit one another well are more difficult to find. As are quality full-backs in your bying range, which is why most teams try to grow their own full-backs from academy players.

Quote Originally Posted by DizzyBala View Post
    Can only sell those that other clubs want to buy though. There in lines the problem.
    Find clubs desperate/daft enough to buy dross.

It's what we've mostly done for the past 3 years. Others clubs will be daft enough to do it to, if sold the hype package right.

Naive & gullible owners/top brass aren't exclusive to NFFC

Last edited by Alf-engelos Mindminackers; 27-02-21 at 12:09.

Wally Ardron

Was looking at knockeart and after Leicester he went on free to standard leige, even during his Leicester days he was decent. The amount crap we signed around then and we never went in for him when he was a free transfer.

Wally Ardron

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    Depending on the money available, there should be plenty of plans B. It's not that difficult to find quality wingers. The midfield and full-backs are a more difficult problem to address. Your midfield consists of two loanees and a dirt cheap "Oly reject" and quality midfielders who fit one another well are more difficult to find. As are quality full-backs in your bying range, which is why most teams try to grow their own full-backs from academy players.
    The thing with that is can carvalho be our own kravanovic? Seems a waste to let him go if he can fill that role, with him. We also have marcus mugane back, his injured at the minute would like hughton to take a look at him as he did well at Oxford. Then you have brenan that can play on the wing or CAM. Got a bit of talent coming through that he should be able to utilise but the full backs will be a problem

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Harry1982 View Post
    The thing with that is can carvalho be our own kravanovic? Seems a waste to let him go if he can fill that role, with him. We also have marcus mugane back, his injured at the minute would like hughton to take a look at him as he did well at Oxford. Then you have brenan that can play on the wing or CAM. Got a bit of talent coming through that he should be able to utilise but the full backs will be a problem
    I don't always agree with them Harry, but I do recognise that you normally post reasoned, considered comments. I just wish that you would refrain from constantly typing "his" instead of the correct term, "he is" (or "he's"). Sorry for being a pedant, but for me it often spoils the flow of your posts.

RB
    LB (if we can't get ribs to sign an extension)
    CM
    Winger
    CAM
    ST (assuming murray retires)

Think we need to be realistic with our approach this summer, we have a lot of positions to cover and presumably a tightened purse to work with this time around. I know a lot of people want to see Krovinovic and Knockaert made permanent as well as holding onto our valuable assets like Worrall but we need to accept its probably not realistic for a club in our position.

We should be thankful if we even manage to land 1 of those 2 players, feel like some of our fan base have ridiculous expectations and are setting themselves up for disappointment. One thing we do have working in our favour is Hughtons connections which should help us land some decent loan signings

First Team

Full backs are not the priority if we get the cb partnership right ,Ioannou will be back next season. the midfield and striker brought in by ch in january was the key to our recent revival ,replacing that in the summer will be crucial.

Whilst I don't think it is beyond Hughton's capabilities, I see next season as a "get it together" season, where Hughton lays a genuine foundation to push to the Prem from.

Nothing to say we can't challenge for the top 6 too, but I think there's a lot of areas to address which Hughton's nouse is papering over at the mo.

First Team

The emphasis again will be getting rid of the dross we signed in the last summer window and refocusing on a simpler approach to our incomings.

Initially we should re-sign the players out of contract that are worth it (Ameobi, Sow, etc), then try our damndest to re-sign Garner and Krovi.

New incomings Knockaert is most likely out of reach but 1 or 2 tricky wingers is needed ideally with blistering pace, another Striker for what ever reason Grabs and Taylor haven't worked and Murray is too old, finally a decent RB.

That should be all we need, the defence is good enough, Bong, Ribs and Iannou are fine lbs, CB with Figs, Worral, McKenna and Soh were all good, CM Johnson, Yates, Cafu, Garner, Krovi, Sow should be good enough.

We just have to not sell 10 and bring in 15 like we have been doing and next season we may stand a chance.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Last edited by gamble; 28-02-21 at 15:23.

First Team

arter , colback , grabs all can go. sell grabs for 2m to lamouchi and get arter free.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    Full backs are not the priority if we get the cb partnership right ,Ioannou will be back next season. the midfield and striker brought in by ch in january was the key to our recent revival ,replacing that in the summer will be crucial.
    I don't see Ioannou playing any part next season. Otherwise he wouldn't have been allowed to go out on loan in January. Best get shot of him whilst we can still market him as an International Full Back

Grenville Morris

Plenty of cover at left back with Bong, Ribeiro (assume contract extension) and Blackett, even if Iannou goes.

For me it'll be a right back, striker and, assuming loans aren't extended, right wing and attacking midfield.

.k I m
    I m u mm

Bong, Ianwoanou, Yuri & Blackett are all fairly mediocre LB's at best, with enough about them to contribute to avoiding relegation, but I doubt any would get anywhere near starting for any of the top 6 sides in the league this year.

We need another player like Osborn, who's rarely injured & capable of covering several positions to a decent standard, thus freeing up wages & squad space for genuine quality. Rather than 4 players for 1 position.

How the fuckinghell can you sign THREE left backs in only two windows? Perfect example of Modesto's clueless "strategy", or total lack of, right there.

Grenville Morris

Ribeiro's good enough under continued Hughton tutelage to be a top six defender. He nearly was last year anyway.

Bong and Blackett as backup is fine.

Ian Storey-Moore

We won’t sign a left back if Bong and Yuri stay. We need a younger version of Murray and to keep Knockaert and Krovi. That alone under Hughton would have us in or around the top 6, if we won’t any more than that Marinakis will have to chuck some money at it.

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Haych View Post
    We won’t sign a left back if Bong and Yuri stay. We need a younger version of Murray and to keep Knockaert and Krovi. That alone under Hughton would have us in or around the top 6, if we won’t any more than that Marinakis will have to chuck some money at it.
    Again I couldn’t edit this post - I forgot Christie was a loan so ideally we would push the boat out on a good right back as I wouldn’t trust Jenkinson to fill in.

Wally Ardron

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-engelos Mindminackers View Post
    Whilst I don't think it is beyond Hughton's capabilities, I see next season as a "get it together" season, where Hughton lays a genuine foundation to push to the Prem from.

Nothing to say we can't challenge for the top 6 too, but I think there's a lot of areas to address which Hughton's nouse is papering over at the mo.
    I think it will be a 3 year build as well. Unless they spend really big and keep knocks and sign Krovinovic. I think he will develop more of our youngsters as I do not see the owners splashing enough cash to make next season a reality

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    Ribeiro's good enough under continued Hughton tutelage to be a top six defender. He nearly was last year anyway.

Bong and Blackett as backup is fine.
    I can see where you're coming from, but like I've said before I think he appeared better than he was due to so much focus of the opposition being on our right flank, with Cash & Lolley tearing them new ones most games.

I also reckon Hughton would prefer a "meh" player who can deliver a ball like Bong, than a better player who can't like Ribs.

But like you say, maybe a bit more time under Hoots can develop Ribs further, he is only 24, and I keep thinking he's 27-28.