Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Viv Anderson

Default Re: Summer 2021 transfer window

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    I'd keep Sammy.

Mighten, Johnson, Ameobi options for wide left.
    Lolley, Ameobi options for wide right.
    Krovi?, Carvalho, Johnson options for the #10 role.

Da Costa can go, and need a right winger, then we're done for advanced midfielders.

Up front a lot depends on whether Grabban and Taylor want to stay. Can't imagine Taylor does, or if he's wanted, and Grabban may fancy a new challenge. Much harder to anticipate what we'll need up front in my opinion.
    My issue with Sammy is that whilst he scores the odd cracker & beats a few players - a lot of our attacks come to a stop with him. If there was more precision to his play we could get more out of him but I have concerns. I would prefer if we want a more physical wing-option that they have a bit more speed and can get in behind so the ball doesn;t have to be played to feet and hopefully just a better rounded footballer in and around the box.

Do I think he is the worst footballer ? No.

It's just, can we get better for the team and end product. I guess much will depend on what other wingers are on the list before I commit to Ameobi.

Agree on the CF position. I think a lot is up in the air there.

Last edited by BryanRoy; 14-04-21 at 11:17.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    My issue with Sammy is that whilst he scores the odd cracker & beats a few players - a lot of our attacks come to a stop with him. If there was more precision to his play we could get more out of him but I have concerns. I would prefer if we want a more physical wing-option that they have a bit more speed and can get in behind so the ball doesn;t have to be played to feet and hopefully just a better rounded footballer in and around the box.

Do I think he is the worst footballer ? No.

It's just, can we get better for the team and end product. I guess much will depend on what other wingers are on the list before I commit to Ameobi.

Agree on the CF position. I think a lot is up in the air there.
    I hold a similar view with regard to Ameobi - I wouldn't keep him. I would use this opportunity to look for someone who contributes more and more regularly for that matter.

Whilst Sammy has some assets worth keeping - You can only get Promoted with players who have some degree of '' consistency '' over a 46 game season and that is not something he possesses. So its a No from me

Up-Front

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    I'd keep Sammy.

Mighten, Johnson, Ameobi options for wide left.
    Lolley, Ameobi options for wide right.
    Krovi?, Carvalho, Johnson options for the #10 role.
    Like the 10's, but for a team thats attacking foundations are built almost entirely on width, that looks light on both sides. Mighten & Johnson have it to prove at this level, Ameobi has consistency issues, Lolley has fitness issues.

Too many questions, moneys tight, but Id prefer both wings had better starting options. If that meant going with our current striking options, then so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by NooForest View Post
    I hold a similar view with regard to Ameobi - I wouldn't keep him. I would use this opportunity to look for someone who contributes more and more regularly for that matter.

Whilst Sammy has some assets worth keeping - You can only get Promoted with players who have some degree of '' consistency '' over a 46 game season and that is not something he possesses. So its a No from me
    Lets hope we can get better for the money-I have my doubts-I mean Knockers is being valued at several million!
    One things for sure we are pretty weak in the wide positions and so we need to recruit, I don't think relying on youngsters alone is sensible.