Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
    Viv Anderson

Default Re: Summer 2021 transfer window

Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    CH has a hell of a task if this forum is anything to go by. Literally hundreds of potential signings have been mentioned on here and the poor guy has to boil it down to about 6 at the most.

It's all very well to pluck a name out of the media and say , according to reports, this is the player for us, but is he? Does he fit in with CH's plan, does he want to come here, is he really any good?
    Luckily for them they're paid to do it and it is their job. So they will have the time to go through every option and build pro/cons on deciding on a purchase.

Clubs with less do more so yes I think the fans are entitled to question the failures and the need to get people at the club making more right decisions.

I know Randall said they giving Hughton more responsibility but that is a slight worry too. Prefer he gets the right support first and foremost and there is a shared strategy.

Last edited by BryanRoy; Yesterday at 10:37.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Viv Anderson

My view is that the club needs to decide firmly that it is adopting the old-school, traditional British managerial method under Hughton. Use the analytical tools that are now available by all means (bringing in a recognised expert at reading the results, George Syrianos, is encouraging), but allow Chris to have the absolute final say.

That said, I am an admirer of the continental DoF/head-coach structure, but not the half-arsed way we approached it.

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    My view is that the club needs to decide firmly that it is adopting the old-school, traditional British managerial method under Hughton. Use the analytical tools that are now available by all means (bringing in a recognised expert at reading the results, George Syrianos, is encouraging), but allow Chris to have the absolute final say.

That said, I am an admirer of the continental DoF/head-coach structure, but not the half-arsed way we approached it.
    They need to fully commit to one or the other, that's for sure. We don't usually back the manager as much as we perhaps should in the traditional model, and our attempt at the continental DOF/ head coach model was incredibly poorly executed.

Ultimately, the key to success (whatever path we take going forwards) is employing the right people in those influential positions and trusting them to do their jobs without interference.

It's all about mid-table...

Good points chaps but I fear the debate will be on the LTLF agenda in 2041. (Me n Oats ulbi dust)

Still hold out misguided hope for next season though !