Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Wally Ardron

Default Re: Summer 2021 transfer window

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-engelos Mindminackers View Post
    With Freeman getting game time, I can't help feel that Hughton may already be looking to extend his loan, or make his move permanent.
    I thought Freeman looked much better on Saturday, better movement and more involved.
    He will never look like an athlete, in common with players like Rahheem Sterling and Xherdan Shaquiri, But he has ability and will show more as he gets match fit.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Ian Storey-Moore

Luke Freeman is a great player at our level, he’s been unlucky with injuries, I imagine being chucked into a struggling team didn’t help matters either.

Viv Anderson

If we are signing expensive players I would much rather sign Knockaert than Freeman.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Lansbury View Post
    What is encouraging is that, despite hughton having reputation of pragmatic football he has brought in flair players and seems to want a more fluid attacking 3-4 players who can create.
    Because it's a complete myth Larry.

He is an adaptable manager (a very rare trait nowadays), and adapts to what he has got.

Upper Decker

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    If we are signing expensive players I would much rather sign Knockaert than Freeman.
    Definitely.

THE TRUTH IS THERE AND WITH IT I GO TO THE END OF THE WORLD .

Upper Decker

Wally Ardron

Can see Worrall going in the summer. If Hughton's getting the money to spend would accept him being sold, especially with mbe soh here and ready to fill his boots.

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by Harry1982 View Post
    Can see Worrall going in the summer. If Hughton's getting the money to spend would accept him being sold, especially with mbe soh here and ready to fill his boots.
    I thought when he arrived that Mbe Soh was brought with one eye on being Worrall's replacement. Think Worrall going in the summer is pretty much a certainty.

Viv Anderson

If CH has as much say in transfers as we imagine then it's a dead cert he's already pretty much decided what he wants in the Summer and it just depends who fits the bill, is available and at what price.

That's the tricky bit and why we always hope for the moon and get something more down to earth. However, I hope with his connections and his track record, he can persuade EM to cough up the ackers and the players to come.

As has been said, I'm fed up with now, the future beckons.

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    I thought when he arrived that Mbe Soh was brought with one eye on being Worrall's replacement. Think Worrall going in the summer is pretty much a certainty.
    If that’s the case we might as well drop Joe now and play Mbe Soh

Wally Ardron

Quote Originally Posted by Haych View Post
    If that’s the case we might as well drop Joe now and play Mbe Soh
    We are just above the relegation zone, need to focus on that rather then next season just yet.

Wally Ardron

Would hope the likes of marcondas and sriki dembele who are at the end of their contracts this summer are looked at

First Team

Would hope the likes of marcondas and sriki dembele who are at the end of their contracts this summer are looked at
    competing with at least half a dozen championship teams that would be interested. Tough market to be in. A lot to do for ch to get the balance right.

Wally Ardron

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    competing with at least half a dozen championship teams that would be interested. Tough market to be in. A lot to do for ch to get the balance right.
    If we finish mid table this season, with Hughton in charge, I reckon we would be able to attract players of that quality.

Nigel Clough

If we finish mid table this season, with Hughton in charge, I reckon we would be able to attract players of that quality.
    He's managed to sign some good players last month whilst we are in a relegation battle, so I've no doubt that Hughton will be able to attract good players to the club in the summer if we are still in this league.

Grenville Morris

I too think Hughton and Forest together is enough to convince some to come here.

It'll probably be a slow burner at first - we'll need to get a couple of names in on permanents like Knockaert or Murray, but once they're here it'll make others interested.

.k I m
    I m u mm

Wally Ardron

Also according to transfermarkt kravanovic contract at benefica is up at the end of June? Any truth in that?

Ale ape.

Also according to transfermarkt kravanovic contract at benefica is up at the end of June? Any truth in that?
    Who is Kravanovic?

In unrelated news - Filip Krovinović signed a 5 year contract in with Benfica in June 2017, which would mean his contract would expire in June 2022.

Last edited by congo_red; 20-02-21 at 21:49.

Viv Anderson

I would imagine he wouldn't cost us much anyway considering our relationship with Benfica.

It could well be another Ribeiro type transfer where they give him us for free with a large sell on with only a year left on his deal.

Wally Ardron

Quote Originally Posted by congo_red View Post
    Who is Kravanovic?

In unrelated news - Filip Krovinović signed a 5 year contract in with Benfica in June 2017, which would mean his contract would expire in June 2022.
    It took long enough to spell hughton right, you can't expect that level of concentration for every Tom, dick and krojanovic.

Viv Anderson

It's all these foreign johnnies with odd names. Can't expect us English chaps to get it right every time.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    I would imagine he wouldn't cost us much anyway considering our relationship with Benfica.

It could well be another Ribeiro type transfer where they give him us for free with a large sell on with only a year left on his deal.
    yeah like benfica did not rip us off with 13m for carvalho. we cannot presume to expect favors from benfica , who knows how they view flip.

First Team

Don't Almeria have an agreed fee to buy him in the summer. Seemed like a foregone conclusion he wasn't coming back.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by gamble View Post
    Don't Almeria have an agreed fee to buy him in the summer. Seemed like a foregone conclusion he wasn't coming back.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
    They have an option to buy, they have plenty of cash I would imagine if they want him at the end of the season they will take him.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    yeah like benfica did not rip us off with 13m for carvalho. we cannot presume to expect favors from benfica , who knows how they view flip.
    He wouldn't even be here to begin with if we didn't have a good relationship with Benfica, he would be playing in Croatia.