Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 57 of 88 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 2193
    Viv Anderson

Default Re: Summer 2021 transfer window

Well done, chaps.

Hardly anything of real interest to comment on, but this has reached over 50 pages.

I can't imagine the excitement and frantic activity if we actually sign anyone.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Raymondo Ponte' View Post
    Got to go on record that I totally disagree with Hulk, Ravz and Oats.

My love and dedication of nearly 50 years to NFFC doesn't lie down to brainwashed skysport bullshit and money is the 'be all and end all'.

I will remain a purist supporter of our football club and I want our youngsters to do the absolute best for the club to be successful and I think you should be ashamed of yourselves for selling out your club for the crap we put up with.

It shouldn't be just accepted that this is the only way to survive, football has deep deep issues of terrible things which degrade the beautiful game, but how can it possibly get back to the beautiful game with folks who would sell their souls for anything the shit modern zombie skysport game it's allowed to become, run by spivs and the corporate cancers.

They've got you right up their rectums with your little toes twiddling at the bottom of their sphincters.

I'll fight on forever for NFFC
    I know that Hulk and Ravi are more than capable of responding for themselves Ray, but I'd just like to establish that I don't have a Sky Sports account, nor have I previously - actually, that's not entirely true, because our youngest son had one under his name many years ago when he still lived at home, but then transferred it to his own place when he finally moved out.

I actually share much of your disdain towards that organisation, and the impact it's had on football in this country, but that probably belongs in a wider-debate elswhere on the forum.

If, in the meantime, you want to launch a grassroots campaign to try and return football back to it's "good old days" pre-Sky, you will get my wholehearted support.

Last edited by Otis Redd'un; 28-07-21 at 22:29.

Nigel Clough

My love and dedication of nearly 50 years to NFFC doesn't lie down to brainwashed skysport bullshit and money is the 'be all and end all'.

I will remain a purist supporter of our football club and I want our youngsters to do the absolute best for the club to be successful and I think you should be ashamed of yourselves for selling out your club for the crap we put up with.

It shouldn't be just accepted that this is the only way to survive, football has deep deep issues of terrible things which degrade the beautiful game, but how can it possibly get back to the beautiful game with folks who would sell their souls for anything the shit modern zombie skysport game it's allowed to become, run by spivs and the corporate cancers.

They've got you right up their rectums with your little toes twiddling at the bottom of their sphincters.

Did you feel the same way when we sold England u21 goalkeeper and academy graduate John Middleton and replaced him with Peter Shilton for a record fee for a goalkeeper? Obscene money for the time, as well.

Selling out the club for zombie skysports?? Football clubs have always sold young players they don’t deem good enough and spent what they have on those they think are better. Nothing has ever changed.

If the club don’t think Gabriel is good enough, then of course we will sell him for money to buy someone else.

We took him from Southend when he was 16 by the way, so maybe Forest were the zombie spivs all along…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a younger supporter. Sky had their toes up my sphincter before I was born Ray.

Its not about selling out to see us become a Zombie. Its about wanting to see a tiny bit of that success my dad talks about, and the same im sure you were lucky enough to see.

I want to watch us win a trophy, I want to be able to go for a european weekend away and watch Forest play competitive football somewhere hot and exotic.

I want to walk down Wembley way in a sea of Forest fans, watching Forest compete with the best teams. Watching a Forest player play for England would be nice too, knowing we have some of the best players in the country.

I dont like Sky, but Its alot harder for me to take the same moral stand on the beautiful game. Like you say, id sell my soul to move us closer to that success I never got to see and experience. I'd love to be able to tell my lads the same stories my dad told me.

Sky is the game now, and if I ever want to be as lucky as you and see Forest achieve anything I have to accept that.

Last edited by Player-12; 29-07-21 at 08:57.

Upper Decker

Quote Originally Posted by RealRed85 View Post
    Did you feel the same way when we sold England u21 goalkeeper and academy graduate John Middleton and replaced him with Peter Shilton for a record fee for a goalkeeper? Obscene money for the time, as well.

Selling out the club for zombie skysports?? Football clubs have always sold young players they don’t deem good enough and spent what they have on those they think are better. Nothing has ever changed.

If the club don’t think Gabriel is good enough, then of course we will sell him for money to buy someone else.

We took him from Southend when he was 16 by the way, so maybe Forest were the zombie spivs all along…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There are some with very short memories on here. They conveniently forget that Forest smashed two transfer records and paid players wages which were well over the odds for the time in order to entice them here. But hey, we were successful so not many complained back then.

Obviously I want what's best for Forest in the real world of 2021 rather than in some romantic starry eyed version of the past.

THE TRUTH IS THERE AND WITH IT I GO TO THE END OF THE WORLD .

Well said Ray. Inspiring post

I think there is a balance between money & "soul" which has to be struck, juts like a good work-life balance. But It's frightening how easily accepting a lot of folk are accepting the line of "we have no choice but to sell youngsters". If we'd been run better, we'd have enough money and/or have player contracts to mean we were in a position of strength to have a bigger say in that choice.

7m for Brereton, 16m for Cash? Fair enough, I think the error there lies in how we spend that money. But 100k for Grant, 450k for Walker? A waste of time selling them, and those kids should have had more games for us instead of the likes of Semedo, Bonatini or Mir. Despite the excuses which some will inevitably make, that's a key area which I feel the club has constantly made bad decisions in.

And it's not just the recent years either. Selling Bamford & Morgan for a combined 3.5m to reinvest in 6 months worth of loans shows just how short sighted, and bad we've been run by various top brass now.

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-engelos Mindminackers View Post

I think there is a balance between money & "soul" which has to be struck, juts like a good work-life balance. But It's frightening how easily accepting a lot of folk are accepting the line of "we have no choice but to sell youngsters". If we'd been run better, we'd have enough money and/or have player contracts to mean we were in a position of strength to have a bigger say in that choice.

7m for Brereton, 16m for Cash? Fair enough, I think the error there lies in how we spend that money. But 100k for Grant, 450k for Walker? A waste of time selling them, and those kids should have had more games for us instead of the likes of Semedo, Bonatini or Mir. Despite the excuses which some will inevitably make, that's a key area which I feel the club has constantly made bad decisions in.

And it's not just the recent years either. Selling Bamford & Morgan for a combined 3.5m to reinvest in 6 months worth of loans shows just how short sighted, and bad we've been run by various top brass now.

Firstly, not sure if you had me wrong, on my post I wasnt talking about selling our youth. I was talking about the general footballing world.

On selling the youth, I think this has consistently been our strongest point.

14m for Cash
    8m for Appiah
    4m for Osborn
    14m for Burke
    5m for Darlow
    5m for Lascelles
    500k for Walker?
    100k for Grant?

Then add in players like Britt and Antonio, players who werent from our academy but who we made a penny on.

From that list, Only Walker and Grant stand out. Not because I think the fees were stupidly unreasonable, but because they were so low that there wasnt much point. We may aswell have kept them ourselves. The reward for holding and hoping, was far greater than the risk of missing out on those mesaly bids.

Other than that though, I think we have been exceptionally strong. Our issue is entirely the other side. Like you say, brining in Semedo, Bonatini and Mir.

If we were even average at re-investing the money then all that cash from our production line wouldve been a massive boon to the club.

Look at Peterborough and Brentford:

Sell Mackhail-Smith for 2.5m
    Bring in Dwight-Gayle for 500k
    Sell Dwight-Gayle for 5m
    Bring in Britt for 1.7m
    Sell Britt for 6m
    Bring in Marriott for £450k
    Sell Marriott for 3m
    Bring in Toney for 350k
    Sell Toney for 5m
    Bring in Jonson Clarke-Harris for 1.3m

The reason why selling our youth talent hurts so much is because we have next to 0 chance of that money sucsessfully improving the side.

Viv Anderson

If only we could make time stand still or, even better. go back to the 'good old days'.

Sadly, as a great football manager once said "It is what it is".

Enjoy today, tomorrow might never come.

EmmersonForest4 "Bellend"

Others have already alluded to it, but it is extremely short sighted to just think the academy is there to produce players for our first team. Yes there is the money side of things, where if they are deemed to good enough the sale of that player can help fund the club going forward. But if the club produce young players with the right attitudes that sees them have a future in the game (at any level) it helps sell the academy to the next crop of youngsters we are trying to recruit. Any youngster who comes through our academy we should want to do well, no matter where they end up, because their success is also our success and something which we can sell to potentially the next Johnson, Worrall, Mighten, Appiah, Brereton etc.

With regards to JG, I doubt the club are selling him based on a whim (if he does leave). Hughton will have assessed him, the coaches will have too. We no doubt have scouts that go on watch our own players on loan and watch them in training to see where they are. If they have all come to the conclusion that Richardson/Back are just as good options and a £1m is better in the back so be it. I may be wrong but didn't we pick JG up from Southend? Again a great advert for the club that we helped develop a player through our academy, got him a loan where he did well enough that he has turned in to a one million pound player.

Viv Anderson

The goal of every academy is to produce professional players, any that make it into the first team is a bonus

Quote Originally Posted by Player-12 View Post
    Firstly, not sure if you had me wrong, on my post I wasnt talking about selling our youth. I was talking about the general footballing world.

On selling the youth, I think this has consistently been our strongest point.

14m for Cash
    8m for Appiah
    4m for Osborn
    14m for Burke
    5m for Darlow
    5m for Lascelles
    500k for Walker?
    100k for Grant?

Then add in players like Britt and Antonio, players who werent from our academy but who we made a penny on.

From that list, Only Walker and Grant stand out. Not because I think the fees were stupidly unreasonable, but because they were so low that there wasnt much point. We may aswell have kept them ourselves. The reward for holding and hoping, was far greater than the risk of missing out on those mesaly bids.

Other than that though, I think we have been exceptionally strong. Our issue is entirely the other side. Like you say, brining in Semedo, Bonatini and Mir.

If we were even average at re-investing the money then all that cash from our production line wouldve been a massive boon to the club.

Look at Peterborough and Brentford:

Sell Mackhail-Smith for 2.5m
    Bring in Dwight-Gayle for 500k
    Sell Dwight-Gayle for 5m
    Bring in Britt for 1.7m
    Sell Britt for 6m
    Bring in Marriott for £450k
    Sell Marriott for 3m
    Bring in Toney for 350k
    Sell Toney for 5m
    Bring in Jonson Clarke-Harris for 1.3m

The reason why selling our youth talent hurts so much is because we have next to 0 chance of that money sucsessfully improving the side.
    It is a balance, but my overall point is the club shoudn't be in a position where it sells ANY younsters for less than a couple of mil.

Under the age of 23 you still have enough time to develop & blossom, but also won't be on wages which are a massive burden to the club either.

Whether the players make it or not, I personally think giving them time to, and not choking their opportunity with toss like the loans mentioned, is a better way to proceed than flogging them off for relatively little when they could still becomes brilliant.

Cash is a good example who folk would have been making the same excuses for had we sold him for 1m a year earlier because "he falls over lots". Not every player is gonna be a Cash, but at least give them a chance to. Their bodies haven't even grown fully at 22/23

Can't edit the post above, but also wanted to say that next year is Gabs gonna go for much less than 600k with a few cup appearances & maybe league appearances this year under his belt?

Considering he's contracted to 2024 I wouldn't think so. However could he surprise us, play well and increase his value? Yes also a possibility. So why not give it a chance?

Ultimately is 600k now really worth that much to us? If it is, I'm inclined to think that we've been severely mismanaged.

Last edited by Alf-engelos Mindminackers; 29-07-21 at 15:50.

It is a balance, but my overall point is the club shoudn't be in a position where it sells ANY younsters for less than a couple of mil.

Under the age of 23 you still have enough time to develop & blossom, but also won't be on wages which are a massive burden to the club either.

Whether the players make it or not, I personally think giving them time to, and not choking their opportunity with toss like the loans mentioned, is a better way to proceed than flogging them off for relatively little when they could still becomes brilliant.

Cash is a good example who folk would have been making the same excuses for had we sold him for 1m a year earlier because "he falls over lots". Not every player is gonna be a Cash, but at least give them a chance to. Their bodies haven't even grown fully at 22/23
    We are exceptionally good at that though. For youngster that we have released for under a mill, how many have played our level since?

Walker at Coventry? Kieron Freeman before that?

I think we have been sucsessful at juding when to cut loose. Grant and Walker may bite us, as may Gabriel. We will have to wait and see.

Sometimes, their development just dosnt match with what was needed, and players can start becoming roadblocks for other young talent.

If Back/Richardson are looking better prospects than Gabriel, the staff may be willing to move him on to free their path.

I'm with you, when the fees are so small, it feels like we might as well wait and see if its going into the first team. Our record there with much bigger fees is awful.

But, 600k can go along way if put back into the same type of player Gabriel once was.

Steal Cash from Wycombe, steal Gabriel from Southend, Baba Fernandes from Vitoria, O. Burke from Mowbray rangers etc.

Fund some good youth scouting and steal some stars from other academies at tiny fees.

Those Walker/Freeman/Gabriel/Grant fees might be huge in that regard

Last edited by Player-12; 29-07-21 at 16:11.

Ian Storey-Moore

I reckon we’re gonna make a signing this weekend, can feel it in me waters

Wally Ardron

Quote Originally Posted by Haych View Post
    Who’s it gonna be? I’m going for another reserve keeper.

Bob McKinlay

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    Who’s it gonna be? I’m going for another reserve keeper.
    My money is on another Right Back.

„I believe in socialism because it seems more humanitarian, rather than every man for himself and 'I'm alright jack' and all those arsehole businessmen with all the loot. I made up my mind from viewing society from that angle. That's where I'm from and there's where I've made my decisions from. That's why I believe in socialism“

„Don't forget you're alive. 'Cause sometimes when you walk around the city and you're in a bad mood, you can think, hey, wait a minute, we're alive! We don't know what the next second will bring and what a fantastic thing this is. This can get easily forgotten in the routine of life, and that's something I'm trying to bring to my attention at all times. Don't forget you're alive. We're not dead, you know. This is the greatest thing.”

— Joe Strummer

We are exceptionally good at that though. For youngster that we have released for under a mill, how many have played our level since?

Walker at Coventry? Kieron Freeman before that?

I think we have been sucsessful at juding when to cut loose. Grant and Walker may bite us, as may Gabriel. We will have to wait and see.

Sometimes, their development just dosnt match with what was needed, and players can start becoming roadblocks for other young talent.

If Back/Richardson are looking better prospects than Gabriel, the staff may be willing to move him on to free their path.

I'm with you, when the fees are so small, it feels like we might as well wait and see if its going into the first team. Our record there with much bigger fees is awful.

But, 600k can go along way if put back into the same type of player Gabriel once was.

Steal Cash from Wycombe, steal Gabriel from Southend, Baba Fernandes from Vitoria, O. Burke from Mowbray rangers etc.

Fund some good youth scouting and steal some stars from other academies at tiny fees.

Those Walker/Freeman/Gabriel/Grant fees might be huge in that regard
    Yeah that's a fair post.

But also whilst it's good in theory, in practice it sends a message to the young players here that we don't value them enough to give them a real opportunity.

Notice how one of our best prospects in Johnson has a dad not too struck on the past regime? Part of me thinks that seeing kids like Grant & Walker swat aside for toss like Semedo & Mir play a part of that, and that he didn't feel his lad was valued.

All this "Sell X player to buy X player" has rarely worked for us. It may work better under Murphy, but I think building a together culture where all academy players are given a chance until they start to peak for us is worth more than the odd few hundred grand here and there, and would benefit us more in the long run.

Just my opinion though.

Impressive member

Quote Originally Posted by Haych View Post
    Lee Buchanan.

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

Yeah that's a fair post.

But also whilst it's good in theory, in practice it sends a message to the young players here that we don't value them enough to give them a real opportunity.

Notice how one of our best prospects in Johnson has a dad not too struck on the past regime? Part of me thinks that seeing kids like Grant & Walker swat aside for toss like Semedo & Mir play a part of that, and that he didn't feel his lad was valued.

All this "Sell X player to buy X player" has rarely worked for us. It may work better under Murphy, but I think building a together culture where all academy players are given a chance until they start to peak for us is worth more than the odd few hundred grand here and there, and would benefit us more in the long run.

Just my opinion though.
    100% with you there. Recruitment has been atrocious. Waste the money of our own youngsters to bring in other teams bomb squads.

See no first team results and stifle any chance at our next rank of youngsters seeing the field.

It's all about mid-table...

As a younger supporter. Sky had their toes up my sphincter before I was born Ray.

Its not about selling out to see us become a Zombie. Its about wanting to see a tiny bit of that success my dad talks about, and the same im sure you were lucky enough to see.

I want to watch us win a trophy, I want to be able to go for a european weekend away and watch Forest play competitive football somewhere hot and exotic.

I want to walk down Wembley way in a sea of Forest fans, watching Forest compete with the best teams. Watching a Forest player play for England would be nice too, knowing we have some of the best players in the country.

I dont like Sky, but Its alot harder for me to take the same moral stand on the beautiful game. Like you say, id sell my soul to move us closer to that success I never got to see and experience. I'd love to be able to tell my lads the same stories my dad told me.

Sky is the game now, and if I ever want to be as lucky as you and see Forest achieve anything I have to accept that.
    Just seen this mate. It drew me to tears.

Best served cold

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    Yes, helping young players to be the best they can be is what’s best for Forest. The academy adds most value when that is the case.

Our academy is competing against two other local Category One academies. How can it compete? How can a crap second tier club compete against the Premier League outfit thirty miles down the road? All other things being equal I’d want my son to go to Leicester’s academy. A good reputation for developing players to reach their top level is the best we can do, and that is how we can compete.
    Exactly. We want players who are filled with drive and ambition to be the best they can be. If they are driven then they will push themselves every time they get on the pitch in order to further their goals. The academy does a great job at developing players with this attitude, which is how it should be.

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

Viv Anderson

What might be left in the loan market ? Some actually aren't realistic but who knows. Not a lot of LB's really.

Arsenal : Osei-Tutu, Nelson, Balogun, Martinelli, Nketiah
    Villa : Guilbert, Hourihane, Davis, Samatta
    Everton : Kenny, Gibson, Branthwaite, Nkounkou, Gordon, Simms
    Liverpool : N.Williams, N.Phillips, B.Davies, R.Williams, Jones, Ojo
    Man Utd : B.Williams, Laird, Tuanzebe, Mengi, Perreira, Garner, Levitt, Galbraith, Pellestri, Mejbri, Elanga
    Man City : Cuoto, Doyle, M.Smith, Rogers, Braaf, Delap
    Tottenham : Carter-Vickers, Sessegnon, Clarke,
    Chelsea : D.Sterling, Clarke-Salter, Anjorin, Broja
    West Ham : B.Johnson, Coventry
    Brighton : Ostigard, van Hecke, Molumby, Richards, Connolly
    Newcastle : Clark, M.Longstaff
    Watford : Ngakia, Zinckernagel, Quina, Success, A.Gray, Perica
    Southampton : Obafemi
    Leicester : Benkovic, Choudhury, Dewsbury-Hall

Last edited by BryanRoy; 30-07-21 at 11:34.

Viv Anderson

League One market is definitely just about done.

Flynn Downes of Ipswich will sort a decent move out soon.

Otherwise Ogbeta (Shrewsbury), Darling/O'Riley (MK Dons), the young talent left at Crewe and Wimbledon will probably continue to be monitored.

Don't think Dion Charles is all that, that we were linked too. Still at Accrington.

No one seems to want to touch Ronan Curtis at Portsmouth despite 3 good seasons on the bounce.

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    League One market is definitely just about done.

Flynn Downes of Ipswich will sort a decent move out soon.

Otherwise Ogbeta (Shrewsbury), Darling/O'Riley (MK Dons), the young talent left at Crewe and Wimbledon will probably continue to be monitored.

Don't think Dion Charles is all that, that we were linked too. Still at Accrington.

No one seems to want to touch Ronan Curtis at Portsmouth despite 3 good seasons on the bounce.
    I'd certainly be looking at Darling if we lose Worrall. Unbelievable ball playing centre half.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    What might be left in the loan market ? Some actually aren't realistic but who knows. Not a lot of LB's really.

Arsenal : Osei-Tutu, Nelson, Balogun, Martinelli, Nketiah
    Villa : Guilbert, Hourihane, Davis, Samatta
    Everton : Kenny, Gibson, Branthwaite, Nkounkou, Gordon, Simms
    Liverpool : N.Williams, N.Phillips, B.Davies, R.Williams, Jones, Ojo
    Man Utd : B.Williams, Laird, Tuanzebe, Mengi, Perreira, Garner, Levitt, Galbraith, Pellestri, Mejbri, Elanga
    Man City : Cuoto, Doyle, M.Smith, Rogers, Braaf, Delap
    Tottenham : Carter-Vickers, Sessegnon, Clarke,
    Chelsea : D.Sterling, Clarke-Salter, Anjorin, Broja
    West Ham : B.Johnson, Coventry
    Brighton : Ostigard, van Hecke, Molumby, Richards, Connolly
    Newcastle : Clark, M.Longstaff
    Watford : Ngakia, Zinckernagel, Quina, Success, A.Gray, Perica
    Southampton : Obafemi
    Leicester : Benkovic, Choudhury, Dewsbury-Hall
    Maybe Thomas at Leicester if they get their Full backs fit.

I notice Maatsen has signed for Coventry who could have been an option down the left.