Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 12 of 88 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Nigel Clough

Default Re: Summer 2021 transfer window

Quote Originally Posted by cheapseats View Post
    Not that I know anything about this lad but Iím done with the seemingly endless list of talented Portuguese youngsters that appear every close season. Not denying there arenít sone brilliant Portuguese players and if your shopping in tge Bruno Fernandez market thereís clearly worldies available at 25M+ But it feels like weíve had half the population of Lisbon here and none of them have stuck, let alone looked like ripping it up in this division....
    Tavares was born in Portugal but heís been in the UK since he was a little kid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Wally Ardron

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Pope View Post
    Aye. What we need is a list of talented English youngsters. None of these Jonny forrinners

Thatís not what I meant so donít be provocative!. Thereís clearly something about how these youngsters are brought through at places like Benfica and Sporting that creates pretty technical players who in the main arenít suited to the demands of our league, obviously that doesnít apply to the best who adapt and then their quality shines through, but thatís not the market weíre shopping in.

Wally Ardron

I strongly suspect CH will be looking at recruiting solid pros over youngsters this summer.

He may try for a couple of youngsters on loan (we have to at least try for Garner again), but he will likely be concentrating more on the square pegs in square holes type signings.

That's not to question the merit of developing young players (especially in light of Randall's recent words), but given the likely short-term target to at least make progress and potentially mount a top 6 challenge, CH will go with what he knows best.

Viv Anderson

The Prem teams hoovering up all the youngsters should mean there is a real pool of talent if you can chose the right one.

Some of the lads Derby had when Frank was there and Garner proves that there is talent if you select well.

Best served cold

Thatís not what I meant so donít be provocative!. Thereís clearly something about how these youngsters are brought through at places like Benfica and Sporting that creates pretty technical players who in the main arenít suited to the demands of our league, obviously that doesnít apply to the best who adapt and then their quality shines through, but thatís not the market weíre shopping in.
    Who is the blame for all of the British players we've had who haven't been suited to the demands of this league for the last 20 odd years? We've had far more of them than flops from anywhere else, let alone Portugal.

Tavares was bought through Leicester's academy, where he has been for 11 years and has played in the Premier League and Europa League for them. I'm not sure why he'd be less suited to making it in English football than some lad at Rochdale.

We don't need some blanket obsession with "young players from the lower leagues". We need an all round plan that takes into account what we need and what's available. If a young talent is available and we can get him then go for him, but it shouldn't be the sole transfer policy of the club.

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

Grenville Morris

Quote Originally Posted by RealRed85 View Post
    Tavares was born in Portugal but he’s been in the UK since he was a little kid
    He's more than Hispanic to me

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    Another name in our fast-growing transfer list which might be of interest to you as well. Sidnei Tavares, central midfielder, 19 and a half, Leicester U23 (with three appearances in the first team), international with Portugal U18, U19 and U20. His contract ends in the summer and he hasn't agreed to a renewal yet, so we're trying to snatch him before he does.
    Seeing as Hughton has bought a 19 y/o midfielder like Garner here, if he's of the quality needed I've no doubt Hughton will be actively pursuing him.

Grenville Morris

I too trust Hughton and his team to bring in the right player, and that won't necessarily be dictated by "experience".

Yes we'll bring one or two with experience in I'm sure, but overall we'll try and bring in players who offer something different and can slot in well with who is already here.

Given we'll be tight on money utilising the loan market well may make the difference for us. Having had Garner here performing well it gives PL clubs more reason to loan their talents to us.

30/09/2021: It's only 8 points to the play-offs. Doesn't matter if we're 20th having lost three times as many games as we've won so far. I fancy us now that Hughton's gone.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-engelos Mindminackers View Post
    Seeing as Hughton has bought a 19 y/o midfielder like Garner here, if he's of the quality needed I've no doubt Hughton will be actively pursuing him.
    I would expect so, although the impact he's had will have no doubt alerted clubs in a more advantageous position than us to acquire his services.

Hopefully, some fans will resist from piling-in on the club if he ends up at somewhere like Norwich or Brighton.

Matchday Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    I would expect so, although the impact he's had will have no doubt alerted clubs in a more advantageous position than us to acquire his services.

Hopefully, some fans will resist from piling-in on the club if he ends up at somewhere like Norwich or Brighton.
    I know this will be a controversial statement but those two teams will be in the PL next season but I don't think Garner is good enough to play in the PL.

Consequently I think we have as good a chance as any of landing him again next season. He has to play somewhere and as good as he has looked in the Forest side. He didn't last very long in the Watford side chasing Promotion. So a reality check on how he measures up against others in other side's playing in that position needs to be taken.

Wally Ardron

Come on there will be no piling in-hes not our player!.
    Even the most one eyed fan on this forum can't seriously expect us to do anything other than politely ask, offer what ever money is being asked and wait for an answer.
    The jungle drums are that he'll end up elsewhere, trying to play a better standard and I'm afraid to say, much as I'd like him back next year I think its the best thing for him as an individual-if he manages a season at a level up (either here or abroad), and acquits himself well he might make the Man U squad the year after. If not I think he'll probably be sold on in 18 months

Wally Ardron

Even the most one eyed fan on this forum can't seriously expect us to do anything other than politely ask, offer what ever money is being asked and wait for an answer.
    The jungle drums are that he'll end up elsewhere, trying to play a better standard and I'm afraid to say, much as I'd like him back next year I think its the best thing for him as an individual-if he manages a season at a level up (either here or abroad), and acquits himself well he might make the Man U squad the year after. If not I think he'll probably be sold on in 18 months

Viv Anderson

Even the most one eyed fan on this forum can't seriously expect us to do anything other than politely ask
    Of course. How unnecessarily cynical of me to think otherwise.

Last edited by Otis Redd'un; 12-04-21 at 14:54.

Wally Ardron

To us after helping us win promotion next season

First Team

Another name in our fast-growing transfer list which might be of interest to you as well.
    And yet another: Simon Olsson, central midfielder, 24, played for Elfsborg in Sweden all his life, we are reportedly interested, along with various clubs in Europe including (unnamed) Championship clubs.

Nigel Clough

And yet another: Simon Olsson, central midfielder, 24, played for Elfsborg in Sweden all his life, we are reportedly interested, along with various clubs in Europe including (unnamed) Championship clubs.
    No u21 appearances, plays in Swedish league- I think heíd struggle to get a work permit for a UK move under the new rules.

Viv Anderson

If we get Garner and Krovinovic with Carvalho/Johnson returning you would reckon our midfield is sorted with Yates/Cafu/Colback. Obviously Johnson will bring flexibility playing in wide roles too.

Supposedly Hughton dropped a hint that it is in forward areas we will be looking to mostly. Only 6 forward players contracted past the end of the season.

Alex Mighten
    Brennan Johnson
    Joe Lolley
    Nuno Da Costa
    Lewis Grabban
    Lyle Taylor

Will they keep Sammy Ameobi and you probably reckon Nuno and 1 of the CFs may leave too.

Viv Anderson

Sammy is well worth keeping in my eyes. He is cheap & you know what sort of output you will get from him over a season.

It is up to Forest to sign better players that will make him 4th choice as a winger.

Best served cold

Yeah, keep Ameobi. He makes an impact on certain games and it's well worth having that to come off the bench or as an option in the squad.

Grenville Morris

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    If we get Garner and Krovinovic with Carvalho/Johnson returning you would reckon our midfield is sorted with Yates/Cafu/Colback. Obviously Johnson will bring flexibility playing in wide roles too.

Supposedly Hughton dropped a hint that it is in forward areas we will be looking to mostly. Only 6 forward players contracted past the end of the season.

Alex Mighten
    Brennan Johnson
    Joe Lolley
    Nuno Da Costa
    Lewis Grabban
    Lyle Taylor

Will they keep Sammy Ameobi and you probably reckon Nuno and 1 of the CFs may leave too.
    I'd keep Sammy.

Mighten, Johnson, Ameobi options for wide left.
    Lolley, Ameobi options for wide right.
    Krovi?, Carvalho, Johnson options for the #10 role.

Da Costa can go, and need a right winger, then we're done for advanced midfielders.

Up front a lot depends on whether Grabban and Taylor want to stay. Can't imagine Taylor does, or if he's wanted, and Grabban may fancy a new challenge. Much harder to anticipate what we'll need up front in my opinion.

Senior doom Monger

That Haarland looks a decent prospect... and if our owners did buy him it would show real committment to the Club.

First Team

Iíd be giving DaCosta a preseason up front to see what heís about (or at least be watching his games for his loan club). The forward we need could already be on our books.
    We know that he has pace and trickery - something we lack in our forward line. We just need to know if he can score goals at this level when played as a forward.

Your palms are holding her neck and thumbs are at her ears regulating the speed of her head as she swallows and then sucks up your machinery. She is topping up your engine oil for the cross-country coming up. Your RPM is hitting a new high. To wait any longer would be to lose prime time... She picks up a Bugatti's momentum. You want her more at a Volkswagen's steady trot. Squeeze the maximum mileage out of your gallon of gas. But she's eating up the road with all cylinders blazing.

Aniruddha Bahal (Bunker 13

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by RealRed85 View Post
    No u21 appearances, plays in Swedish league- I think heíd struggle to get a work permit for a UK move under the new rules.

I thought soooo too, but the report mentioned interest from the Championship.

Grenville Morris

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Pope View Post
    Iíd be giving DaCosta a preseason up front to see what heís about (or at least be watching his games for his loan club). The forward we need could already be on our books.
    We know that he has pace and trickery - something we lack in our forward line. We just need to know if he can score goals at this level when played as a forward.

Iíd be pissed off of he wasnít Atleast given a try during the summer, much like Ian.

Issue with Da Costs is his defense abilities, or lack there of.

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by Dogtits View Post
    I’d be pissed off of he wasn’t Atleast given a try during the summer, much like Ian.

Issue with Da Costs is his defense abilities, or lack there of.
    I'd like to see Da Costa and Ioannou get a chance in pre-season too, along with Carvalho and some of the youngsters out on loan at the moment. Money is likely going to be tight this summer, so it makes sense to see if any of the players on our books that haven't had a proper chance this season can do a job for us.